PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Prototype 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
New Game+

Okay, I asked this in the achievement guide and roadmap but I want an answer faster and its been 2 days in that thread.

Anyways, I am wondering how long it takes to get your mutations and whatnot from your first game into the new game. Because I have already done missions and whatnot and gotten a few upgrades in my second playthrough but I still haven't gotten any of the mutations and powers that I thought I would have gotten by now. So I am wondering when do you get those upgrades or if I did something wrong.

I think I may have done something wrong because I had actually started a new game without realizing I didnt select New Game+. I never saved but it may have done some sort of autosave and then I did New Game+

So do you think I need to exit this newgame+ gamemode I am playing right now and load up my regular playthrough and then do Newgame+ again?

In other words, Does Newgame+ take your mutations and whatnot from the last game you played on? Or does it do it automatically from a finished game?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You get mutations for finding all collectibles.

And new games plus starts from your last completed save.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
You get mutations for finding all collectibles.

And new games plus starts from your last completed save.
So you dont get your mutations back during newgame+? You have to gather the collectibles?

I dont understand, So like you dont start out o Newgame+ already having like the whip, and the hammerfists, etc?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO

New game + your start with everything you already have. So all the mutations you already have and what level you are ect.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
New game + your start with everything you already have. So all the mutations you already have and what level you are ect.
So in other words, I need to quit the current one I am on. Load up my save from my completed game and then exit and start Newgame+. Mine may have started up on a game I started by mistake.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Not sure what happened to you. But, New Game + you start the game with everything you have unlocked at the end of the game you just played. Then, you only need to gain XP to unlock the stuff you hadn't gotten yet. In my case I needed 3 upgrades to max him out.

Are you sure you started NG+ and not just New Game by mistake?

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
xTGMx INF3RNO

Just quit and start a newgame+ with the end game save.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Not sure what happened to you. But, New Game + you start the game with everything you have unlocked at the end of the game you just played. Then, you only need to gain XP to unlock the stuff you hadn't gotten yet. In my case I needed 3 upgrades to max him out.

Are you sure you started NG+ and not just New Game by mistake?
Positive I did +, I did regular first by accident so I made sure I did +. And in my save it has a + in the save file. I think I got everything taken care of but i haven't put the disc in for a few days. Thanks to both of you for your help. If I still am having problems Ill post here again.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
I just kinda started playing this even its been out for awhile and was wondering the same got around 380G by now without a look in this site so far, so i,m glad to hear there is a game+ in the end. Now i,m wondering if i should keep playing it on hard as thats the difficulty i started the game with and so far it not giving me to much trouble, or should i switch to easy and then start with another game+ and play thru on hard? What you guys think is best?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
T3MP3R

Logoped25's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRichard View Post
I just kinda started playing this even its been out for awhile and was wondering the same got around 380G by now without a look in this site so far, so i,m glad to hear there is a game+ in the end. Now i,m wondering if i should keep playing it on hard as thats the difficulty i started the game with and so far it not giving me to much trouble, or should i switch to easy and then start with another game+ and play thru on hard? What you guys think is best?
Keep playing on Hard. When you complete all story missions make sure to get all collectibles, finish all //Blacknet missions and get all misc achievements before starting NG+ mode, because collectibles aren't carried over (mutations gotten from then are carried over). When you do that, start NG+ on Hard again just to get enough EP to fully upgrade Heller. This game isn't hard at all, I got a 1000 in 2 days.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Paperklip81

T3MP3R is offline   Reply With Quote