PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Close Quarters
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Close Quarters Achievement Guide and Roadmap

BF3: Close Quarters

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
Offline: 0 (0)
Online (co-op): 0 (0)
Online (multiplayer): 5 (120)
Approximate amount of time to 120: 10 hours + or -
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A
Number of missable achievements: None
Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
Does difficulty affect achievements? No
Glitchy achievements: None
Extra equipment needed? No

Useful links:

Original Achievement Guide
Back to Karkand Guide
Armored Kill Guide
Aftermath Guide
End Game Guide
Ribbon Guide
Achievement Trading Thread

Roadmap!

Figure since I've done 3 other guides for Battlefield 3, I might as well get a head start on this one!

Close Quarters is the second installment of DLC for Battlefield 3! There are 4 new maps to choose from, they are: Operation 925, Ziba Tower, Donya Fortress and Scrapmetal There are 10 new weapons (which are unlocked by completing the new assignments) to kill your friends and foes with. All the maps are relatively small so expect lots of firefights and choke points.
Here's a link to a walkthrough of the maps posted by 13ip0lar:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=373427

Vehicles!

There are no new vehicles in this expansion.

New Gametypes!

Gun Master: 'Gun Master' is somewhat similar to 'Gun Game' in CoD. However, it is actually a team based game; but there is no reviving, healing or ammo and spawn points are random. You start with a pistol and you must get 2 kills per weapon to advance to the next weapon; except for the last 2 which just require 1 kill. There are 17 weapons in total and you can be demoted if you are knifed.

Also, if you are pretty good at this mode, you can get your 10 kills for the unlockable CQ weapons before you unlock them. 9 of the 10 weapons (excluding the M5K) are available in 'Gun Master'.

Here's a list:
1) MP443(Pistol, 2 kills)
2) 93R(Pistol, 2 kills)
3) .44 Magnum(Pistol, 2 kills)
4) PP19 + Suppressor (PDW, 2 kills)
5) P90 + Red Dot (PDW, 2 kills)
6) SPAS-12 + Buckshot (Shotgun, 2 kills)
7) MK3A1 + Frag Rounds (Shotgun, 2 kills)
8) ACW-R + Red Dot + Laser Sight (Carbine, 2 kills)
9) MTAR-21 + Holo + Foregrip + Laser Sight (Carbine, 2 kills)
10) AUG A3 + Red Dot + Foregrip + Laser Sight (Assault Rifle, 2 kills)
11) SCAR-L + Holo + Foregrip + Laser Sight (Assault Rifle, 2 kills)
12) LSAT + 3.4x + Foregrip + Laser Sight (LMG, 2 kills)
13) L86A2 + 4x + Foregrip (LMG, 2 kills)
14) M417 + 4x + Foregrip + Flash Suppressor (Sniper Rifle, 2 kills)
15) JNG-90 + 4x + Straight Pull Bolt + Laser Sight (Sniper Rifle, 2 kills)
16) M320 LVG(Low velocity grenade launcher with timed fuse, 1 kill)
17) Knife(…a knife, 1 kill)

Conquest Domination: There are some subtle differences between a normal conquest game and domination. The premise is the same, but it's a much faster game, flag captures happen in mere seconds in this gametype. Sometimes when you are spawning it doesn't show where the objectives are, or at least if you own that objective it won't show it unless under attack or owned by the enemy. The normal in game HUD is still functional. Just play as normal and cap those flags.

Online!

All achievements will be accrued playing online multiplayer. You have to do a little bit of everything with each class. A majority of your time will be spent completing the assignments to unlock the new CQ weapons. As for the assignments; you can work on multiple things at once, what I mean is you can play as a recon class with the T-UGS with a shotgun equipped while getting grenade kills and knifing people. So these should not pose many problems, even for the casual gamer. To the achievements!

Videos provided by Maka! Check his youtube channel for many helpful videos on everything BF3!

Last edited by Xenolith666; 12-14-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze

Dominator 20 Win a round in Conquest Domination

This should come naturally as you will win a round at some point during your playtime. Just make sure you're playing Conquest Domination and not just Conquest or Conquest Assault.

Deadly tools 30 Without dying, get a kill with a Carbine, Pistol and Rocket Launcher

Or we can call it "Complete Warrior 2.0"; but this one is much easier to attain. Play as the Engineer class as they use Rockets and Carbines. This one is definitely not as difficult as its predecessor; especially on the smaller maps where the fighting is pretty thick.
The achievement is expansion specific, but it is not map specific, which is similar to 'Complete Warrior' in the Karkand expansion. So destroying a tank, or any vehicle, with people in it with a rocket will count as a rocket kill.

Here's a helpful video provided by Maka

Show of Force 30 Get 10 kills with all ten CQ weapons

Similar to the Karkand achievement, you must get 10 kills with the new CQ weapons. They are not all available at the beginning, you must unlock them by completing assignments listed below. You must complete the first tier assignment to unlock the next assignment, anything you do for an assignment that isn't unlocked will not count towards its completion.

Here's a list of the first unlockables for each CQ weapon which unlock at 10 kills.
AUG - Acog
Scar L - Acog
ACW-R - Reflex
MTAR-21 - Reflex
L86A2 - Holographic
LSAT - M145 (3.4x)
M417 - Acog
JNG-90 - Ballistic
Spas-12 - Reflex
M5K - Reflex

Assault:

1) 'Shepard' - 10 Squad Revives; 30 Assault Rifle Kills -
Unlocks AUG A3
Play as the assault class obviously and stick with your squad getting revives (must be squad members) and kill 30 with any Assault rifles.

2) 'Set Us Up the Bomb' - 20 kills with Underslung Grenade Launcher; 15 kills with hand grenades -
Unlocks SCAR-L
Use the Underslung Grenade Launcher attachment (unlocks at 11,000 Assault Score) and kill 20 with it. As for the 15 grenade kills, this can be done as any class; just keep tossing those 'nades. Utilize the 'Frag' perk so you can carry extra grenades!

Support:

1) 'No Shortage' - 20 squad resupplies; 20 kills with light machine guns -
Unlocks L86A2
Play as the Support class and drop ammo boxes for your squad (must be squad resupplies). Then kill 20 with any LMG's.

2) 'Point Blank' - 10 kills with C4; 10 knife kills -
Unlocks LSAT
Kill 10 with C4 any way you can, even if you place it on a vehicle and kill whoever is inside, it will count as a C4 kill. As for 10 knife kills, again this can be acquired as any class, just keep sneaking and knifing.

Engineer:

1) 'Done Fixing' - 20 AT Rocket kills; 30 kills with carbines -
Unlocks ACW-R
Play as the Engineer class and get 20 kills with Rockets and 30 kills with Carbines.

2) 'My Own Terminator' - 1 kill with EOD bot; 100 kills with carbines -
Unlocks MTAR-21
Get a kill with the EOD bot which does have a torch attachment; this can be extremely frustrating for some. The EOD bot doesn't maneuver very well, you can't run people over with it and the torch has limited use. Either locate an unaware sniper or fry a buddy on the opposite team. Utilize that new ACW-R (or whichever carbine you prefer) and kill 100 with it.

Recon:

1) 'Team Player' - 10 T-UGS assists; Capture 20 flags -
Unlocks M417
As Recon throw down the T-UGS (unlocks at 5000 Recon score) in a populated area, generally near a flag or an M-Com. Play lots of Conquest and capture 20 flags. You can play any variation of Conquest and it will count towards this assignment; also flag capture assists will count as well.

2) 'Bullet Point' - 50 kills with Sniper Rifles; win 3 rounds of Conquest Domination -
Unlocks JNG-90
Kill 50 however you can with your favorite sniper rifle. If you are not the best sniper, use the M417 and 'run and gun' with it. The gun is a semi-automatic beast; especially at close range and with no scope. You'll knock out 50 kills in no time as it's very powerful. This can be done on any map, so not just close quarters maps. Be on the winning team of Conquest Domination 3 times.

Any Class:

1) 'These Hurt Too' - 20 kills with Pistols; 20 kills with Shotguns -
Unlocks SPAS-12
Get 20 kills with pistols, these will accrue with any class you play, most experienced players if their main weapon runs out of bullets while shooting at an enemy will switch to a pistol to finish them off. If you are having trouble with pistol kills, play 'Gun Master' as you start off with 3 pistols and have to get 2 kills each to advance to the next weapon. Grab any shotgun and get 20 kills with that. I personally will mix the shotgun with Recon to get the T-UGS out of the way.

2) 'Hold the Trigger' - Finish top 5 in Gunmaster; 100 kills with Submachineguns -
Unlocks M5K
Finish in the top 5 overall of the new gametype 'Gun Master'; which is basically top 5 in kills. (see roadmap for description of this gametype). Get 100 kills with any submachine guns which would be any PDW weapon, which can be used with any class. I personally am using the PP-19 from the Karkand expansion.

Man of Calibre 20 Complete a round of Gun Master

Just complete a round of the new game type 'Gun Master'.
See Roadmap for description of the gametype.

Grinding the Crack 20 Fell over the edge on Ziba Tower

The Secret Achievement is for jumping off the side of the Ziba Tower. Ziba Tower is a highrise building, so just shoot out some of the windows and take a 1 way ticket to certain death; no parachute required! Best achievement name evar!

Here's a helpful video provided by Maka

Last edited by Xenolith666; 06-20-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Special thanx to Maka for the vids; Rapturous Rich and 13ip0lar for useful info/links.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 06-15-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Secret achievement is to jump off the side of Ziba Tower.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Excellent, thanx! Guide updated, will update the picture when it's unlocked

Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
Excellent, thanx! Guide updated, will update the picture when it's unlocked
No special mention? D:

Btw nice guide. Now I know what I have to do once the DLC hits.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
No special mention? D:

Btw nice guide. Now I know what I have to do once the DLC hits.
credit given where credit is due

Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
Rapturous Rich

Here's the achievement tile, and name, you're looking for!
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...5&postcount=53

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 06-08-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Quote:
credit given where credit is due
Oh rofl, I didn't mean for me. Those aren't even mine. I was talking about Rich. LOL! Thanks though.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Oh rofl, I didn't mean for me. Those aren't even mine. I was talking about Rich. LOL! Thanks though.
Haha, I'm not at all bothered about being name-dropped for telling the OP the secret achievement. I owe that knowledge to DeaconFrost2k who no doubt owes it to someone else, who no doubt... you get the idea.

I've had my name dropped on the front page for emailing them tips on the Hitman Sniper Challenge reveal and the release of BF3's last patch so I'm happy.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Deadly tools 30 Without dying, get a kill with a Carbine, Pistol and Rocket Launcher

Or we can call it "Complete Warrior 2.0"; but this one is much easier to attain. Play as the Engineer class as they use Rockets and Carbines. Destroying a tank with people in it with a rocket will count as a rocket kill.
Looks good except for that ^^. If there are no vehicles, then why mention that? It's not hard to hit a person with an RPG or SMAW anyway really.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #12
thm241

Tinkham11's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Looks good except for that ^^. If there are no vehicles, then why mention that? It's not hard to hit a person with an RPG or SMAW anyway really.
I'm guessing he mentioned that because you don't need to do all of those kills on a CQ map. It can be any map so if you were on a map with vehicles people wouldn't get confused.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Looks easy enough, hopefully the EOD kill isn't annoying, that torch does jackshit normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #14
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
I reworded it and added that the achievement is not map specific, just expansion specific.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Show of Force looks a lot easier this time! Thank god cause I hate Squad deathmatch and other modes I NEVER play. Using guns I don't usually use is alright by me.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Ratdart

Ratdart's Gamercard
These achievements will be closer to 10 hours to complete than 20. I played for about an hour this morning and unlocked all but the 10 weapon kills in 2 games. I already unlocked 2 of the 10 weapons and am about halfway on all the rest.

If you just find a TDM with 500% tickets you have plenty of time to do almost all the kills/supplies/heals/revives etc. that you would need.

Easy!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
ll heath ll

ll heath ll's Gamercard
Got all but one of the achievements in about 30 minutes. Just need to unlock all the guns. 2 down, 8 to go XD
ll heath ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #18
shappers

which of the guns is a Carbine cheers
shappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappers View Post
which of the guns is a Carbine cheers
Anything you find in the Engineer class.
Bog standard Engineer weapons - AKs-74u, M4A1, SG553, G36c, A-91, QBZ-95B, SCAR-H, G53 or ACW-R!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #20
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Guide is updated and complete as far as I can tell.. if any have feedback or suggestions please post a reply.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #21
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
He was correct in listing this information as this can be accomplished on any map. The CQ maps are very chaotic, so odds are most people will attempt this in Conquest on one of the old maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Looks easy enough, hopefully the EOD kill isn't annoying, that torch does jackshit normally.
Fuck the EOD Bot for 2 reasons. First of all, EVERYONE is currently trying to get this done which means that at any given time, you have a herd of people on your team who are pretty much useless. Second of all, have you tried using that thing, much less torching someone to death with it??? I liked the Assignment for killing someone with a repair tool because that was feasible, but killing someone with the EOD Bot is just downright frustrating.

Quote:
Guide is updated and complete as far as I can tell.. if any have feedback or suggestions please post a reply.
Great looking guide. Now if only you could write a guide that shows people how to look here first before posting 100 new threads asking questions that are clearly answered here!

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #22
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Fuck the EOD Bot for 2 reasons. First of all, EVERYONE is currently trying to get this done which means that at any given time, you have a herd of people on your team who are pretty much useless. Second of all, have you tried using that thing, much less torching someone to death with it??? I liked the Assignment for killing someone with a repair tool because that was feasible, but killing someone with the EOD Bot is just downright frustrating.
EOD Bot took me ten seconds to do, just ran up to a guy on Grand Bazaar, put my Bot down behind him and torched him to death, was probably the fastest completion out of all the assignments lol.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #23
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Great looking guide. Now if only you could write a guide that shows people how to look here first before posting 100 new threads asking questions that are clearly answered here!
Now you're just talking crazy.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Is it true that you can play Gunmaster to get 8/10 guns to 10 kills..?
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #25
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

the difficulty went from 2 to..3?

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #26
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Is it true that you can play Gunmaster to get 8/10 guns to 10 kills..?
It's actually 9/10, everything except for the M5K.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #27
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo316 View Post
the difficulty went from 2 to..3?
Difficulty has actually come down from a 4 to a 3, has never been a 2.

And that's good info to know about the gun master and 9 of 10 of the guns are available to use.. if you're good enough of course. It's been added to the Roadmap

Guide has been submitted for approval.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 06-14-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #28
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
You are free to use any of this information.

Grinding the Crack:
This achievement is quite simple. Just spawn and try to sprint to the edge of the map. Now just jump over the railing and fall to your death. You can literally jump off on any edge of the map, as the entire map takes place on a skyscraper.

----------------------
Deadly Tools:
You will need to have the Close Quarters DLC.

This achievement can be unlocked on any map, however, the DLC purchase is still necessary.

First off, you will need to spawn as an Engineer. Customize your class to include a Carbine (shotguns and PP weapons obviously do not count), a pistol of your choice, and a Rocket Launcher (SMAW/RPG V2).

Now just spawn on the map of your choice. I recommend something smaller, so the close quarters maps will do well here. You can also revert back to Operation Metro if you like though. Now proceed and try to kill an enemy with your pistol or rocket launcher, depending on what you are less comfortable with.

Take your time. Place rockets into chokepoints like hallways or staircases, to get easy kills. Sneak up on enemies for pistol kills, and lastly use your main weapon to just be patient and get a kill. If you can manage to get all 3 in one life through a little bit of luck, skill and Trial & Error, you will gain the achievement.

View the video below for some more information and gameplay of me getting the achievement:

Last edited by Maka; 06-15-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #29
Dawg88

IX SkyRanger IX's Gamercard
Thanks for the info Xenolith666. It helps alot.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
purpleinsect

MissRiddlez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Just got all the assignments and other achievements. It took much much longer with the previous DLC to finish it all. I just noticed I got the Deadly Tools achievement without even noticing I was thinking I still had that left, but I guess I got it already.
purpleinsect is offline   Reply With Quote