PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 4 HD
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
One Winged Joker
 
One Winged Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 303

DarkSephiroth93's Gamercard
Weapons for Professional Mode

I'll be trying to get this last "Heart of Steel" achievement soon, and I felt myself years ago (good GameCube memories come to my mind...) how hard it can turn to be. Since every gun has its own advantages and disadvantages, I'd like to know which ones do you think are most advisable to carry to this crazy mode, and why.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
__________________


One Winged Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Evo Kazz
 
Evo Kazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manchester U.K
Posts: 5,231

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Red9 - Bolt Action Rifle

Get an RPG before every Main Boss

Get the free Broken Butterfly

Buy the Striker when available, and Killer 7
__________________




Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10


Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
One Winged Joker
 
One Winged Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 303

DarkSephiroth93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
Red9 - Bolt Action Rifle

Get an RPG before every Main Boss

Get the free Broken Butterfly

Buy the Striker when available, and Killer 7
I agree with you about many of them, but, aren't we sacrificing too much rate of fire? And if we finally go for firepower... Wouldn't be better to stick to the Broken Butterfly? I mean, it's free, and it reaches higher firepower than the Killer 7.

No possible argument about the Striker, though.
__________________


One Winged Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Evo Kazz
 
Evo Kazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manchester U.K
Posts: 5,231

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Well thats upto you, I love the Killer 7, so accurate, to be honest, I just completed Pro tonight, and I admit, a couple of parts here and there was trickier, but for the most part it was easy. I actually had a full case of ammo, grenades, the above guns, and first aids, I didnt even have that on normal.

I read nightmare stories about Krauser on Pro, I was dreading fighting him, but I beat him first try, so easy, Magnum as he about to hit you, magnum to the head x2, dodge, repeat, 8 shots he was dead, never even hit me. This game was amazing and so much easier than Code Veronica, which was a nightmare to max out.

The part that drove me mad on Pro was in the sewers where those bugs are introduced, and you drain the water, for some reason I just kept dying over and over, so I decided to not shoot the insects, and just run through that section and nailed it first time. Rest of the game was easy. It also gets easier the further you get.
__________________




Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10


Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Optomistic
 
Optomistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 409

timutimu's Gamercard
I play a conservative game. Used the knife alot and firing only if needed (knifing thru the door works wonders). Upgraded weapon capacity when I was down to 0 bullets or close to. If you don't know, you get free bullets when you upgrade.

Ditched my handgun and punisher for the Red9 asap, but never upgraded them.

Held onto the shottie until the striker came along. It's exclusive upgrade rocks! (100 shells capacity? Yes please)

Only rifle I used was the semi-automatic rifle. Upgraded when needed (Capacity wise) but didn't purchase the exclusive.
TMP was an okay staple as well. No exclusive

If I remember correctly I sold off the handgun at Chap 5. By the end of the game I had an extra 80 rifle rounds, 45 shottie rounds, 30+ magnum cloggin up my inventory
__________________
Proudest XBLA 100%

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #6
Kailon791
 
Kailon791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 112

Kailon791's Gamercard
I just finished my playthrough on professional and just thought I'd share my weapons tips for anyone else working through professional. The biggest tip is to save ammo and money early on. Shoot head or leg and then use kick and knife on almost all gandado enemies. Use this money to save up for weapons later in game. Do NOT upgrade any of the early weapons. Save your money until you can buy the Red9. Replace your handgun with this, and keep upgrading as much as you can. Then when possible, buy the Semi-Auto Rife (You can use BAR, but I prefer the auto) and upgrade it. Continue until you can buy the Striker and work toward its unique upgrade (100 mag). After this, keep grinding through game but it should be pretty easy by now. Get the free Broken Butterfly and use it, but don't upgarde. Trade this in for the Killer 7 once you get to the Island. Also, you'll have more than enough money to buy RPG's when needed. I used RPG's in fights against Salazar, U3, and Sadler. You don't need one for Krauser as you can stun lock him with the knife and kill him fast. (I downed his final form in 23 seconds.) Apart from this, just be smart with grenades and ammo and you should be fine. I finished my playthrough with stacks of ammo and grenades left and about 14 full heal health items. Also, biggest help in Professional is to use Special costume 2 so you don't have to worry about Ashley, and can also use her as bait. Good luck to anyone trying this. I found it challenging but a lot more fun than the normal mode because of it. The game was tough, but never felt like it was unfair. Just reinforces why RE4 is one of the best games ever made.
__________________


100% Retail: Mass Effect 3 (1550), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Fallout 3 (1550), Assassin's Creed II, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1000), Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man EoT, Resident Evil 4 HD, Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs (1225), Bioshock Infinite (1000), Deadpool,

100% Arcade: Shadow Complex, Monday Night Combat, DR2C:0, Battlefield 1943, Bastion, THPS HD, SP Tennorman, The Walking Dead, BG&E HD, Castlevania SOTN, FC3:BD, Brothers ToTS, Dust ET
Kailon791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
One Winged Joker
 
One Winged Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 303

DarkSephiroth93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailon791 View Post
I just finished my playthrough on professional and just thought I'd share my weapons tips for anyone else working through professional. The biggest tip is to save ammo and money early on. Shoot head or leg and then use kick and knife on almost all gandado enemies. Use this money to save up for weapons later in game. Do NOT upgrade any of the early weapons. Save your money until you can buy the Red9. Replace your handgun with this, and keep upgrading as much as you can. Then when possible, buy the Semi-Auto Rife (You can use BAR, but I prefer the auto) and upgrade it. Continue until you can buy the Striker and work toward its unique upgrade (100 mag). After this, keep grinding through game but it should be pretty easy by now. Get the free Broken Butterfly and use it, but don't upgarde. Trade this in for the Killer 7 once you get to the Island. Also, you'll have more than enough money to buy RPG's when needed. I used RPG's in fights against Salazar, U3, and Sadler. You don't need one for Krauser as you can stun lock him with the knife and kill him fast. (I downed his final form in 23 seconds.) Apart from this, just be smart with grenades and ammo and you should be fine. I finished my playthrough with stacks of ammo and grenades left and about 14 full heal health items. Also, biggest help in Professional is to use Special costume 2 so you don't have to worry about Ashley, and can also use her as bait. Good luck to anyone trying this. I found it challenging but a lot more fun than the normal mode because of it. The game was tough, but never felt like it was unfair. Just reinforces why RE4 is one of the best games ever made.
Thank you for the answer! Just remembered this topic. I think I'm going to do it soon, and I'll keep in mind this.
__________________


One Winged Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #8
Earthbound_X
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 250

EarthboundX's Gamercard
I'm going through PRO right now, it's surprising very easy. Enemies don't seem to take any more damage, the only thing I've really noticed is that they do a little more damage, that's about it. Plus I hear there's no Tactical Vest.

Plus it's hilarious using Ashley as bait in her suit of armor.
Just abuse the retries, and you're good. You can enter a lot of areas, kill some enemies, then leave to create a new retry point. It doesn't work in all areas, but it seems to for most.
__________________


Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,543

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthbound_X View Post
I'm going through PRO right now, it's surprising very easy...

Plus it's hilarious using Ashley as bait in her suit of armor.
That explains it. Try it without Armored Ashley
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Earthbound_X
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 250

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
That explains it. Try it without Armored Ashley
Maybe at one point, but not now.

The parts when I don't have Ashely are still pretty easy, though I think it's because I just played the game on Normal, so everything is still really fresh in my mind. Not that I've ever really found protecting Ashely to be hard at all. So many places you can leave her to be safe, or just tell her to hide for it to be an issue.

Just do what you did on Normal, and it shouldn't be too bad.
__________________



Last edited by Earthbound_X; 04-05-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #11
Dooms Day King
 
Dooms Day King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: AROUND
Posts: 42

Dooms Day King's Gamercard
Reading through this gave me the confidence to try and 1k it!! Pro run here we go
__________________
SOY EL FIN DEL MUNDO




WILLING TO BOOST ANY ACHIEVEMENT AS LONG AS I H AVE THE GAME. AND IF I DONT ILL GET IT
Dooms Day King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,543

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthbound_X View Post
Maybe at one point, but not now.

The parts when I don't have Ashely are still pretty easy, though I think it's because I just played the game on Normal, so everything is still really fresh in my mind. Not that I've ever really found protecting Ashely to be hard at all. So many places you can leave her to be safe, or just tell her to hide for it to be an issue.

Just do what you did on Normal, and it shouldn't be too bad.
Professional as a whole isn't too difficult considering you can rocket nearly every boss and run past most enemies, but without Armor Ashley there are a few segments that will break you (particularly Water Room).

That's the only reason it took me 3 months to do Professional, but I did it back in the GCN days and I was determined to do it again here!
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 04-07-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
AWolfAtTheDoor
 
AWolfAtTheDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 7

AWolfAtThaDoor's Gamercard
I just finished my pro run last week and this is what I did:

Try to use the knife as much as possible because ammo is going to be more scarce this time around.

As far as handguns go, I used the one you start with until I could shoot all 15 of the blue medallions to get the Punisher. Then I used the Punisher until I could get the Red9 and upgraded it fully. I used the shotgun, then the Riot Gun, and finally traded that for the Striker and upgraded it completely. Then the rifle... I just stuck with the Bolt-Action for that exclusive upgrade - 30.0 firepower as opposed to 15.0 for the Semi-Auto fully upgraded. Then I got the free Broken Butterfly and upgraded when I could.

Good luck with it if you haven't beaten it already.
AWolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #14
Rose Knight789
 
Rose Knight789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 250

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
Best way to go through RE 4 on Pro is to well first because you have to understand timings and get used to knifing on normal using the Knife is very important especially certain bosses like Krauser. Other than that upgrade capacity when ammo is needed and if you are good until you get to the ganados with worms or bugs out of their heads you should not really have to use any ammo. Red9 Semi Auto whatever shotgun you prefer and rpgs before every boss including the optional boss because you actually earn money killing it. Saving sprays and items for the last boss is important I used 4 sprays fighting it but beat it without too much problem. Other than that the castle is the hardest because sometimes there is endless spawns and such sometimes in it.
__________________
"We are ghosts, that have no place to haunt. Non-existing phantoms."

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #15
Russianlotreither
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 28
Send a message via MSN to Russianlotreither

russianlot's Gamercard
while fighting Krauser, you should REALLY use the Striker - knife combo! I'm not even kidding, damage on guns are reversed while fighting him, so knife is like a bazooka in terms of damage.
just hit him in the legs while he shields himself with his blade hand to make him stumble, run up to him and slice and dice! dodge when you have to, rinse and repeat few times and voila! you're done and saved whole bunch of ammo for the good guns while you're at it
__________________
Russianlotreither is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
professional, resident evil

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51 PM.