PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Eating Machine

Unlocking items

Yesterday Morning which was Saturday 09-06-2012 I unlocked 3 Ultra Rares with about 5 premium spectre packs bought. Two came one after the other. The few days before I had spent about 1-2 million on premium spectre packs and unlocked no ultra rares.

I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences. Or has anyone noticed that certain days or times they are more likely to unlock them. On another note since the update and dlc I have noticed that when purchasing packs theres a time delay before it comes up, I was wondering if they have some new system for distributing them.

With the new Gear whats the best way to unlock them. Can you get them in veteran packs or just spectre packs and premium spectre packs.

Today I bought 7 PSPs and unlocked no ultra rares.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No. (10 Char)
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Weird innit.

Random unlock system is random.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Weird innit.

Random unlock system is random.
The reason why I started this threat is because its not the only time a couple of ultra rares dropped in quick succession in fact the other time I remember getting 2 ultra rares in 3 premium spectre packs.

I think I recall somewhere someone saying the ultra rares have a 3-5% chance of dropping. For them to drop within the space of minutes in two occasions for me I find hard to believe. I'm trying to see if theres a way I can increase my chance of getting them, because I'm tired of seeing character cards for my time put into this.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eating Machine View Post
The reason why I started this threat is because its not the only time a couple of ultra rares dropped in quick succession in fact the other time I remember getting 2 ultra rares in 3 premium spectre packs.

I think I recall somewhere someone saying the ultra rares have a 3-5% chance of dropping. For them to drop within the space of minutes in two occasions for me I find hard to believe. I'm trying to see if theres a way I can increase my chance of getting them, because I'm tired of seeing character cards for my time put into this.
It's random, I got lucky and got a Talon II and Harrier I in one PSP. No one knows the drop rate of Ultra-Rares. There is no way to increase drop rate.

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #6
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:

I do not think you can increase your chances. I have five out of nine N7 weapons(Not counting the promotional, nor am I bragging), but lately I've been only wanting the upgrades for my Gear bonuses, Weapon Upgrades, but as of lately, I have not seen a N7 Weapon drop from PSP for me. Character Cards are up their, but only if I have maxed out Character already.
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I dunno I just seem unlucky for unlocking things. Got used to it haha
Old 06-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj3d View Post
I dunno I just seem unlucky for unlocking things. Got used to it haha
Same here, I still have yet to unlock the Turian Soldier and Drell Adept from the stock characters.

I approach every pack now with low hopes so i'm mighty surprised when I get something new or a weapon I like upgraded.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Same here, I still have yet to unlock the Turian Soldier and Drell Adept from the stock characters.

I approach every pack now with low hopes so i'm mighty surprised when I get something new or a weapon I like upgraded.
Haven't unlocked the plain old Asari Adept or Drell Vanguard yet myself.

I approach every pack with low hopes and just a desire to stock up on equipment if I'm running low. If I get a new character or decent weapon I consider that a small victory.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:

This is like asking how you can increase your chances of winning the lottery
Old 06-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post

I approach every pack with low hopes and just a desire to stock up on equipment if I'm running low. If I get a new character or decent weapon I consider that a small victory.
Yup same here! I have friends who just started playing unlock both these characters now. Shit it seems the only time I get an ultra rare is in a regular spectre pack and that's few and far between. Oh well just keep buying!
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I unlocked the drell vanguard 2 wks after the resurgence dlc dropped from a spectre pack. Was beginning to think i would never get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaW CaRNage x View Post
Shit it seems the only time I get an ultra rare is in a regular spectre pack and that's few and far between. Oh well just keep buying!
I agree. With the exception of 4 rebellion characters i unlocked most of my characters from spectre packs. I just unlocked the vorcha soldier from one. I know the PSP gives you a higher chance of getting ultra rares but i still get good stuff from spectre packs.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by VELVETxASSASSIN View Post
I unlocked the drell vanguard 2 wks after the resurgence dlc dropped from a spectre pack. Was beginning to think i would never get him.

I agree. With the exception of 4 rebellion characters i unlocked most of my characters from spectre packs. I just unlocked the vorcha soldier from one. I know the PSP gives you a higher chance of getting ultra rares but i still get good stuff from spectre packs.
Exactly! The other day I unlocked the black widow and krysae sniper(?) From spectre packs. I was happy to get the widow finally and was not suprise that I got it from a regular spectre packs. Makes it a difficult decision to by the PSP packs.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
Evil Epyon

Evil Epyon's Gamercard
I thought that once you fully unlocked something like weapon X or char V then it basically rotated that item out of being found in packs, effectively raising your chances of getting other/better? items. That could be total crap but it seems like I read or heard that before.

Also I've found PSPs give me worse items than SPs so I only buy SPs now. The last 4 I bought were double rare packs anyhow. Also I still haven't gotten a flippin Asari adept which is my favorite character, the Justicar and Vanguard are cool but I really want a classic adept.
Evil Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I like getting Avengers. It's really fun. Don't have any stand out weapons >.<
And I still don't have a damn Krogan......

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
Nam

Sparten352's Gamercard
I just hate the fact that DLC just adds into the already huge pool of items. It makes it take forever to unlock the new stuff against the huge amount of content that is already there. Wish there was an option to just pay more credits and just unlock newer items.
Nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #17
D-star

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
I have been getting some ultra-rares recently in like 1 in 3 PSP packs.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Well I finally got the Asari Adept! I got her in a spectre pack!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #19
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaW CaRNage x View Post
Well I finally got the Asari Adept! I got her in a spectre pack!

Very nice. Never give up on spectre packs. They give good stuff. Just got upgrades for 2 different pieces of gear.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #20
Knivesz

Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Once you have unlocked all characters and all common, uncommon and rare weapons at X (10), theres no real need to buy anything else but Spectre's and PSP's

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"

Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #21
SpyderPN27

SpyderPN27's Gamercard
Once you unlock one of the N7 weapons from a weekend event are they thrown into the mix or are they only available through the special events?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #22
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPN27 View Post
Once you unlock one of the N7 weapons from a weekend event are they thrown into the mix or are they only available through the special events?
"N7" weapons are only unlocked through community events currently.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:30 AM   #23
SpyderPN27

SpyderPN27's Gamercard
Oh I can see this taking a very long time to get to X on those weapons if they keep it that way! Speaking of N7 weapons why is the valkarie not part of this? Just because it was a preorder special like the argus (spelling)? I say they should all be available for the mp. The more the merrier. At least I think so.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPN27 View Post
Oh I can see this taking a very long time to get to X on those weapons if they keep it that way! Speaking of N7 weapons why is the valkarie not part of this? Just because it was a preorder special like the argus (spelling)? I say they should all be available for the mp. The more the merrier. At least I think so.
I believe there will be more ultra rare weapons to be added to the list with future dlc. Possibly extra N7 weapons added to that list as well if they want to boost the community events.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #25
vanhelsing

i am happy i's Gamercard
i also agree that the packs are totally random more often than not i buy recruit packs but the one time i bouht an sp i got a grall spike thrower so i now only try to by sp
Old 06-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhelsing View Post
i also agree that the packs are totally random more often than not i buy recruit packs but the one time i bouht an sp i got a grall spike thrower so i now only try to by sp
As far as I know you can only get rare weapons in sp or psp. I have seen veteran packs chuck out the occassional gold equipment card, but cant recall getting any rare weapons.

I have maxed out all my rare weapons and yesterday I spent 1.2 million on psp and I got just 2 ultra rares and 22 character cards which I already had all the appearance customisations for. I think I should stick to sp because the so called higher chance of ultra rares in psp doesnt seem to materialise for me.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #27
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
As far as I know you can only get rare weapons in sp or psp. I have seen veteran packs chuck out the occassional gold equipment card, but cant recall getting any rare weapons.

I have maxed out all my rare weapons and yesterday I spent 1.2 million on psp and I got just 2 ultra rares and 22 character cards which I already had all the appearance customisations for. I think I should stick to sp because the so called higher chance of ultra rares in psp doesnt seem to materialise for me.
I am in exactly the same boat as you and had the same experience with my PSP's over the weekend. All my Rares are at level ten and I'm still missing a bunch of Uncommon weapons, which I am hardly getting in the PSP's. Even when I buy Veteran or Spectre packs I'm not getting my remaining silver weapons anymore, nor am I getting Ultra-Rares. I'm getting nothing but character cards. I spent about a million and a half over the weekend and I'll tell you it's exhausting blowing all those credits and getting nothing. Ultra-Rares need to be made less rare by about 30-50% at this point, it's starting to feel like getting this done is gonna be impossible. I know the Uncommon weapons are nothing to write home about but I'm a completionist so I want them to level ten. They either gotta make Ultra-Rares less rare or create an N7 Spectre Pack so we can get them. For the amount of time I've played this multiplayer I should have everything unlocked by now. If it were any other multiplayer game I would be beyond the highest rank at this point and should have access to all the weapons and characters. The card collecting is a fun concept but it seems a little bit off, approaching an N7 level of 800 soon I should have my shit unlocked.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 06-18-2012 at 05:23 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #28
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I am in exactly the same boat as you and had the same experience with my PSP's over the weekend. All my Rares are at level ten and I'm still missing a bunch of Uncommon weapons, which I am hardly getting in the PSP's. Even when I buy Veteran or Spectre packs I'm not getting my remaining silver weapons anymore, nor am I getting Ultra-Rares. I'm getting nothing but character cards. I spent about a million and a half over the weekend and I'll tell you it's exhausting blowing all those credits and getting nothing. Ultra-Rares need to be made less rare by about 30-50% at this point, it's starting to feel like getting this done is gonna be impossible. I know the Uncommon weapons are nothing to write home about but I'm a completionist so I want them to level ten. They either gotta make Ultra-Rares less rare or create an N7 Spectre Pack so we can get them. For the amount of time I've played this multiplayer I should have everything unlocked by now. If it were any other multiplayer game I would be beyond the highest rank at this point and should have access to all the weapons and characters. The card collecting is a fun concept but it seems a little bit off, approaching an N7 level of 800 soon I should have my shit unlocked.
Im surprised you cant get the uncommon, when I saw that I nearly had all the rares and needed more uncommon than them, I bought a load of veteran packs and finished them off with that.

My N7 rating has gone upto 2400. I too am a completionist well, on my favourite games that is, but when the boosting or credit earning starts to feel like a chore, then it leaves me disliking the game, even though I know its a great game. What bioware expect of us completionists is either to blow a stupid amount of time or money into getting it done. I have lost out in the time and am not prepared to blow the money, even though I would get a better return if I just worked overtime to pay for the damn packs.

If we look at how long it would take to get the N7 to level 10 then I guess the ultra rares would be on a par with them. Right now I have most of my ultra rares higher than N7 weapons.

I wouldnt mind if they just came out with a pack that was very expensive in credits and real money and gave a gauranteed ultra rare or N7, then you would have the choice of the cheaper sp or psp and taking your chances in buying a few a day or 12 like I did last sunday or buying another pack that would give you say 5 ultra rares for 2 million credits or whatever amount they can work out.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Im surprised you cant get the uncommon, when I saw that I nearly had all the rares and needed more uncommon than them, I bought a load of veteran packs and finished them off with that.

My N7 rating has gone upto 2400. I too am a completionist well, on my favourite games that is, but when the boosting or credit earning starts to feel like a chore, then it leaves me disliking the game, even though I know its a great game. What bioware expect of us completionists is either to blow a stupid amount of time or money into getting it done. I have lost out in the time and am not prepared to blow the money, even though I would get a better return if I just worked overtime to pay for the damn packs.

If we look at how long it would take to get the N7 to level 10 then I guess the ultra rares would be on a par with them. Right now I have most of my ultra rares higher than N7 weapons.

I wouldnt mind if they just came out with a pack that was very expensive in credits and real money and gave a gauranteed ultra rare or N7, then you would have the choice of the cheaper sp or psp and taking your chances in buying a few a day or 12 like I did last sunday or buying another pack that would give you say 5 ultra rares for 2 million credits or whatever amount they can work out.
I don't have a problem with the N7 guns that are rewards for the weekend events taking time to unlock, I think that's acceptable and encourages dedication. It's the Ultra-Rare guns being next to impossible to max out that I have a problem with. At level 780 I suppose I don't have nearly as much room to complain as someone who is at 2400, but it's still a bit ridiculous. I was going to just buy the hell out of the Veteran packs to try and finish the Uncommons that I mentioned but after buying a dozen or so and only getting a couple, I felt that I was just shorting myself by not buying the PSP's and getting the important stuff. Ah well, whatever.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #30
Kit-103

IxI Kit IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Epyon View Post
I thought that once you fully unlocked something like weapon X or char V then it basically rotated that item out of being found in packs, effectively raising your chances of getting other/better? items. That could be total crap but it seems like I read or heard that before.
The weapons rotate out but the characters stay because they still give EXP for each card. I wish they did rotate them out when they hit the max though. Would make getting URs and gear slightly more easier.

Since I've maxed out my rare weapons, I've been thinking about saving up and buying a bunch of regular Spectre packs. Might actually pull an UR weapon instead of a dozen character cards that I don't frakking need.