PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
chiapet

i actually completed my rare weapon sets before the uncommons, because i was buying mainly sp and psps. it was very streaky, as i just kept getting the same weapons until they hit level 10. after i had all rares to level 10, i started buying veteran packs to finish all the uncommon weapons. by that time, i had all the weapon mods (silver and gold) at level 5 also.

now i am having difficulty completing the gear collection. i've tried buying vet packs, spectre packs, and premium spectre packs, and not having much luck getting the gear (silver and gold) consistently...i'm also to the point of getting 99% character cards (with all my classes at level 20). i'm essentially spending 99k credits for +5 medigel, +5 cobra, and lame equipment, which is very annoying. only character appearance i'm missing is 2-3 vorcha soldier.

as for ultra rares, i've fortunately been able to get at least 1 of each. i have a few at level 3 and my highest is bw at 4. unlocking those have been streaky for me as well...i felt i got a bunch 2 weekends ago, but this past weekend was quite unfruitful for me.

the only promotional one i'm missing is valiant. highest i have is level 3 crusader, which is crap.

yes, it kind of sucks to be a completionist...i've spent waaay too many hours playing for credits. maybe i'll show off my mp manifest once i get the valiant...haha.

edit...forgot to point out that to max out uncommons, veteran packs are the way to go. i think the guaranteed rares in the sp and psp prevent the uncommons from showing up in them on a regular basis.

Last edited by chiapet; 06-18-2012 at 09:51 PM.
chiapet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
i actually completed my rare weapon sets before the uncommons, because i was buying mainly sp and psps. it was very streaky, as i just kept getting the same weapons until they hit level 10. after i had all rares to level 10, i started buying veteran packs to finish all the uncommon weapons. by that time, i had all the weapon mods (silver and gold) at level 5 also.

now i am having difficulty completing the gear collection. i've tried buying vet packs, spectre packs, and premium spectre packs, and not having much luck getting the gear (silver and gold) consistently...i'm also to the point of getting 99% character cards (with all my classes at level 20). i'm essentially spending 99k credits for +5 medigel, +5 cobra, and lame equipment, which is very annoying. only character appearance i'm missing is 2-3 vorcha soldier.

as for ultra rares, i've fortunately been able to get at least 1 of each. i have a few at level 3 and my highest is bw at 4. unlocking those have been streaky for me as well...i felt i got a bunch 2 weekends ago, but this past weekend was quite unfruitful for me.

the only promotional one i'm missing is valiant. highest i have is level 3 crusader, which is crap.

yes, it kind of sucks to be a completionist...i've spent waaay too many hours playing for credits. maybe i'll show off my mp manifest once i get the valiant...haha.

edit...forgot to point out that to max out uncommons, veteran packs are the way to go. i think the guaranteed rares in the sp and psp prevent the uncommons from showing up in them on a regular basis.
I am missing one character appearance card for the vorcha sentinel. I have seen the odd silver and gold gear on vp, sp and psp but not in any consistency that I could be confident in buying just that particular pack to unlock them quickly.

Only weapon I am missing is the collector rifle but I heard its not that great and I would have to buy 10 promotional items to get it to level 10. Thats a bit much for a gun I probably wouldnt use.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #33
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I don't have a problem with the N7 guns that are rewards for the weekend events taking time to unlock, I think that's acceptable and encourages dedication. It's the Ultra-Rare guns being next to impossible to max out that I have a problem with. At level 780 I suppose I don't have nearly as much room to complain as someone who is at 2400, but it's still a bit ridiculous. I was going to just buy the hell out of the Veteran packs to try and finish the Uncommons that I mentioned but after buying a dozen or so and only getting a couple, I felt that I was just shorting myself by not buying the PSP's and getting the important stuff. Ah well, whatever.
My Ultra-rares varied among SP and PSP. I got the Harrier out of a Regular SP, and many others from a hybrid of both. However, it seems the only one I am missing is the Black Widow. A lot of people say it's iffy compared to the Valiant, but I want it to at least complete my collection.

The Silver Weapons I mainly got through Veteran and - some PSP - SP. I have never really had a problem, but I still can't get a Black Widow.

I don't promote my characters unless it is for an event. My N7 is 330, but that is just me

I would not mind playing a few games with people on the forums, however, I just have a limited time frame. Anyways, you will get them eventually man!
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #34
bendermac

bendermac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit-103 View Post
The weapons rotate out but the characters stay because they still give EXP for each card. I wish they did rotate them out when they hit the max though. Would make getting URs and gear slightly more easier.
they should be rotate out as long as you don't promote your character. once you do, you can get them again for the xp boost or like you sugested, rotate them out completly.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #35
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendermac View Post
they should be rotate out as long as you don't promote your character. once you do, you can get them again for the xp boost or like you sugested, rotate them out completly.
AGREED. If you have it at level 20 and all the appearances unlocked for that character then when you are awarded it, it means you got nothing in that slot. When you still have other things that have not been maxed out it is completely unfair. I cant imagine how id feel if I paid actual money for something and find I was given nothing. Well I am paying something for them, its my time, and as its becoming a chore at times because of my impatience then it stings, thats why I always promote my characters at 20 to avoid getting a big fat zero card.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #36
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
So I decided to just stick to the Veteran Packs and it's working a little bit better now, I'm getting weapons again atleast. It's actually a little nicer playing a couple gold matches and then opening around seven Veteran Packs, even though they suck - compared to one Premium Spectre Pack for the same amount of play time. I don't know if the completionist in me even cares about getting all of the new equipment to level five, at this point that could take a lifetime. The same goes for the Ultra-Rares, the only one I'm missing is the Paladin - which I'm sure sucks, so whenever I aquire that I'll consider this completed. As long as I have atleast level one of the Ultra-Rares, I'm good.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #37
Eating Machine

Quote:
So I decided to just stick to the Veteran Packs and it's working a little bit better now, I'm getting weapons again atleast. It's actually a little nicer playing a couple gold matches and then opening around seven Veteran Packs, even though they suck - compared to one Premium Spectre Pack for the same amount of play time. I don't know if the completionist in me even cares about getting all of the new equipment to level five, at this point that could take a lifetime. The same goes for the Ultra-Rares, the only one I'm missing is the Paladin - which I'm sure sucks, so whenever I aquire that I'll consider this completed. As long as I have atleast level one of the Ultra-Rares, I'm good.
Good thing with veteran packs is that when you buy one that doesnt give much it doesnt feel so bad. But when you buy a psp which is likewise then you feel gutted because thats more than one gold match thrown away in my book. You could buy 5 vp over one psp or 3 vp to 1 sp so it doesnt matter as much if you get a few blanks for guns or gear compared to time played on gold.

Paladin was the first ultra rare I unlocked and I then went on to unlock twenty something other ultra rares without a single extra paladin until a couple of days ago when I blew 1.2 million on psp. The paladin is like carnifex with heavier and slightly better damage. I loved it at the start buy a level 10 carnifex is better for cooldown and I think has a larger amount of shots before reloading. I think the paladin might have a closer cooldown to carnifex if it was level 10, but not sure of the exact numbers.

I was like you, saying to myself that I would be happy with just one of each of the rares, but now that some are at level 4 and 5 and I see the improvement with levelling up, I now want all at ten. Bloody completionist disease, just keeps growing. I think I need to find something else, like turning the lights of and off a bunch of times. If I have music at same time it might feel like im at a rave
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #38
Kit-103

IxI Kit IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendermac View Post

That works too. Gear and URs would fill the slots that maxed out characters take up. That way, we have a slightly easier time unlocking the stuff and the completionists don't drive themselves nuts trying to unlock everything.

Is there a way we can give this suggestion to Bioware? It's perfect!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #39
WalterWhite

Just spent 380,000 credits on Veteran Packs. I got the Turian Sentinel seven motherfucking times and the Salarian Engineer six times. I got a total of three Uncommon Weapons, two of those three being the Schmitar, however you spell that shitty gun's name. The only good that's come of this is my stockpile of missiles, medi-gel and some of the permanent gear unlocks. Random unlock system is...
Old 06-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #40
chiapet

Quote:
Just spent 380,000 credits on Veteran Packs. I got the Turian Sentinel seven motherfucking times and the Salarian Engineer six times. I got a total of three Uncommon Weapons, two of those three being the Schmitar, however you spell that shitty gun's name. The only good that's come of this is my stockpile of missiles, medi-gel and some of the permanent gear unlocks. Random unlock system is...
haha...the psp doesn't even bother to troll me with different character cards anymore. can't count how many times i got 2 identical character cards in one pack.
chiapet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #41
bendermac

bendermac's Gamercard
currently i'm sticking with the sp. so far it worked out good. got my carnifax to lvl 8 and i finally got my 3rd rocket upgrade... still missing other goodies like med-gel. i also got the black widow 1.

i can't get the quarian males
yesterday in my lobby a n7 lvl 8 player with him and the next pack he opened was the phenix guard. beginners luck i guess
Old 06-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #42
Eating Machine

Quote:
Wow, out of 19 veteran packs you got just 3 new weapons. How many more uncommon weapons do you need. Do you remember how much new permanent gear items you got and of the unlocks how many were silver and gold permanent gear.

When I blew 1.2 million of psp I got 2 ultra rares and some permanent gear although I never kept track of the gear that I unlocked. Im saving up to have 1.2 million credits and this time I will spend it all in sp and see what happens. Right now I have saved 500,000 so maybe in the next few days Id have my 1.2 milllion.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #43
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eating Machine View Post
Wow, out of 19 veteran packs you got just 3 new weapons. How many more uncommon weapons do you need. Do you remember how much new permanent gear items you got and of the unlocks how many were silver and gold permanent gear.

When I blew 1.2 million of psp I got 2 ultra rares and some permanent gear although I never kept track of the gear that I unlocked. Im saving up to have 1.2 million credits and this time I will spend it all in sp and see what happens. Right now I have saved 500,000 so maybe in the next few days Id have my 1.2 milllion.
Okay so since that post I bought around ten more Veteran packs, from which I again received three more Turian Sentinels and two more Salarian Engineers, lol.

As far as the Uncommons I have left: Phaeston is at IX, Scimitar is at IX, and Raptor is at VII, so I'm almost done finally. I actually got quite a few Rare (Gold) character cards (being the newest character DLC) in the Veteran Packs.

As far as silver and gold permanent gear, I have received: Silver - Assault Rifle Amp, Multicapacitor x3, Pistol Amp, Shield Booster x2, Shotgun Amp x2, SMG Amp, Structural Ergonomics, and Vulnerability VI x 3. Gold - Expert Package, Operative Package x3, Stronghold Package, and Warfighter Package.

I should note that the majority of the permanent gear I just listed came from the Veteran Packs but some (probably five or six) did come from Premium Spectre Packs, I just listed them all to answer your question thoroughly.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #44
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Okay so since that post I bought around ten more Veteran packs, from which I again received three more Turian Sentinels and two more Salarian Engineers, lol.
Took me almost two months to get my first different Engineer character, talk about bad luck.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #45
Eating Machine

Quote:

As far as the Uncommons I have left: Phaeston is at IX, Scimitar is at IX, and Raptor is at VII, so I'm almost done finally. I actually got quite a few Rare (Gold) character cards (being the newest character DLC) in the Veteran Packs.

As far as silver and gold permanent gear, I have received: Silver - Assault Rifle Amp, Multicapacitor x3, Pistol Amp, Shield Booster x2, Shotgun Amp x2, SMG Amp, Structural Ergonomics, and Vulnerability VI x 3. Gold - Expert Package, Operative Package x3, Stronghold Package, and Warfighter Package.

I should note that the majority of the permanent gear I just listed came from the Veteran Packs but some (probably five or six) did come from Premium Spectre Packs, I just listed them all to answer your question thoroughly.
I have to say that for value for money/credit/time the vp are the way to go unless you want ultra rares and rare weapons. I have seen on a good few occassions gold cards, for permanent gear and character cards. I am not sure if I got Gold (rare) weapons from them, I think I have a few times, but I have not gone out and bought a lot before I already maxed out the rare weapons.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #46
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Took me almost two months to get my first different Engineer character, talk about bad luck.
I didn't unlock my Salarian Engineer stuff for about two months initially, it was one of a couple character cards I never got. Those days are over apparently. As far as original characters go I have only gotten the Asari Adept one time and don't have any of her customizations unlocked.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #47
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eating Machine View Post
I have to say that for value for money/credit/time the vp are the way to go unless you want ultra rares and rare weapons. I have seen on a good few occassions gold cards, for permanent gear and character cards. I am not sure if I got Gold (rare) weapons from them, I think I have a few times, but I have not gone out and bought a lot before I already maxed out the rare weapons.
I will likely go back to Premium Spectre Packs when I'm done with my Uncommons, but I might keep going until I max out the Uncommon permanent gear. I enjoy buying multiple packs with my credits as a reward for the grinding as opposed to blowing a half a million credits on PSP's and getting nothing. I need a break from PSP let-down.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #48
Knivesz

Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Quote:
...the only one I'm missing is the Paladin - which I'm sure sucks...
On the contrary, the paladin IS (imo) one of or thee best and strongest pistol in the multiplayer.

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"

Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #49
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivesz View Post
On the contrary, the paladin IS (imo) one of or thee best and strongest pistol in the multiplayer.
Agreed, I have the the Paladin V right now and it is pretty good. I want the Black widow, but alas I do not have it.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #50
Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x410xDragon View Post
Agreed, I have the the Paladin V right now and it is pretty good. I want the Black widow, but alas I do not have it.
The Paladin is pretty much a mini sniper with a scope. I personally use it with the spare clip and a barrel (sometimes a scope) Would anyone disagree if I said it could rival the Black Widow in terms of damage?

Old 06-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #51
boredone

zboredone's Gamercard
Haven't noticed any "order" to the random events.
boredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #52
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A week ago, I was farming Gold for creds, afterwards I bought 3 PSP's, First gave me a couple rare weapons, from the 2nd I got a Javelin III and from the 3rd Cerberus Harrier IV.

As many people above me said, random system is random. Sometimes you get nothing from spending a ton of money, and sometimes you get good stuff from only buying a few packs.

Since I maxed all of my uncommons and most of my rares, the items that I'm getting are the ones that I think that I will get.

If you want to make the PSP's more efficient in giving you nice toys, max out your common and uncommon items first with Recruit and Veteran packs.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivesz View Post
The Paladin is pretty much a mini sniper with a scope. I personally use it with the spare clip and a barrel (sometimes a scope) Would anyone disagree if I said it could rival the Black Widow in terms of damage?
I might have to try that. I want a Black Widow since it is my last Ultra-Rare; however, I doubt I will get one anytime soon :/
Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #54
Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x410xDragon View Post
I might have to try that. I want a Black Widow since it is my last Ultra-Rare; however, I doubt I will get one anytime soon :/
You just might get lucky and win the lotto! Keep buying those Spectre's and PSP's!

Old 06-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #55
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
A week ago, I was farming Gold for creds, afterwards I bought 3 PSP's, First gave me a couple rare weapons, from the 2nd I got a Javelin III and from the 3rd Cerberus Harrier IV.

As many people above me said, random system is random. Sometimes you get nothing from spending a ton of money, and sometimes you get good stuff from only buying a few packs.

Since I maxed all of my uncommons and most of my rares, the items that I'm getting are the ones that I think that I will get.

If you want to make the PSP's more efficient in giving you nice toys, max out your common and uncommon items first with Recruit and Veteran packs.
I have all my Uncommon and the Rares. I have all but one Ultra rare, but it could be worse. I could have no Ultra-Rares.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #56
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
What the best way to get the new permanent equipment upgrades? I've had no luck with PSPs and Vet packs
Old 06-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #57
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
What the best way to get the new permanent equipment upgrades? I've had no luck with PSPs and Vet packs
SP give the best chance at unlocking since they are only 60,000 and PSPs have the same chance but costing 33,000 more.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #58
WalterWhite

Ahhh, finally done. Now on to the illusive Ultra-Rares. I will keep you all up to date every hour of every day until I have them all because I know my weapon progress is as important to you as it is to me!!!

This is what grinding does to a person...
Old 06-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #59
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
SP give the best chance at unlocking since they are only 60,000 and PSPs have the same chance but costing 33,000 more.
I am not so sure about that. You can buy 3 vp for the price of 1 sp and I have seen silver and gold gear appear in vp. Although I dont not know the drop rate/percentage of gear in vp against sp and psp.

Im assuming that the difference between sp and psp is one slot is used for extra gold character card/rare weapon or ultra rare weapon. And psp is 39,000 more than sp, unless the prices are different in the UK.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #60
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The Drell Adept still continues to elude me, the last of the vanilla characters to obtain.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote