Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #61
Knivesz

Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
The best way to get the new permanent gear would be Veteran Packs. I have everything maxed out on V (5). The only thing I dont have finished are the Packages, eg Warfighter Package, Commando Package, Stronghold Package and the Grenade capacity which are all Gold rares. I have those lingering between 3-4. I got all of them done in a day worths of FBWGG farming.

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"

Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #62
bendermac

bendermac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
The Drell Adept still continues to elude me, the last of the vanilla characters to obtain.
same here and the quarian males keep hiding too
Old 06-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #63
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I seem to have a problem with the Asari Justicar. It still eludes me.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #64
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj3d View Post
I seem to have a problem with the Asari Justicar. It still eludes me.

She is pretty rare. I got lucky n got her maybe 2 wks after resurgence dropped but i just got my 1st character card for her 2 wks ago. I play with her alot so this was sooo annoying cause i wanted to change her appearence. This random system can be pretty cruel but keep trying.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #65
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivesz View Post
The best way to get the new permanent gear would be Veteran Packs. I have everything maxed out on V (5). The only thing I dont have finished are the Packages, eg Warfighter Package, Commando Package, Stronghold Package and the Grenade capacity which are all Gold rares. I have those lingering between 3-4. I got all of them done in a day worths of FBWGG farming.
Nice! I would farm Gold on FBW, but I can't seem to get a team to play. PSP packs seem to only give me character cards, uncommon gear-sometimes-,and rare equipment cards. I tend to buy a Spectre pack every Gold game since your profiting 15,000 -which when added up to over 100K I buy a PSP- from the 75K max. Sadly, every time I get in a game people either do not have any good weapons, or they do not use their equipment. I would gladly join you if anyone has a team going!
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #66
chiapet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivesz View Post
hmm...still having probs maxing out my uncommon (silver) gears. vp's seem to be only giving me 5 blue cards, which is infuriating. will keep buying these to see if it improves.

as for wgg farming, has anyone noticed the quality of players (in random matches) declining? used to have minimal problems finishing these (especially with new super weapons like krysae), but the last few days, there's been a lot of really crap players who refuse to use medigels and rockets (except on primes with less than half health left ), and run all over the place screwing up enemy spawns and getting killed. this has been resulting in wave 10 (and even pre-wave 10) wipeouts, which defeats the whole purpose of farming .
chiapet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #67
Elmotheewokking

Elmotheewokking's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
hmm...still having probs maxing out my uncommon (silver) gears. vp's seem to be only giving me 5 blue cards, which is infuriating. will keep buying these to see if it improves.

as for wgg farming, has anyone noticed the quality of players (in random matches) declining? used to have minimal problems finishing these (especially with new super weapons like krysae), but the last few days, there's been a lot of really crap players who refuse to use medigels and rockets (except on primes with less than half health left ), and run all over the place screwing up enemy spawns and getting killed. this has been resulting in wave 10 (and even pre-wave 10) wipeouts, which defeats the whole purpose of farming .
Yes. It's very annoying. If someone dies in an early wave on the other side of the map, screw them, they can bleed out. That said, my entire team did that in the last match I played. That wasn't ideal.
Elmotheewokking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #68
PaulGreg

PaulGreg's Gamercard
Quote:

One resolution to this is to change the enemy to random and you will usually see the incompetent run, all enemies are easy on this map, reapers hate tech bursts too.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #69
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGreg View Post
One resolution to this is to change the enemy to random and you will usually see the incompetent run, all enemies are easy on this map, reapers hate tech bursts too.
Tech bursts do not have the best damage vs armor and most of the Reapers have armored units....
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
PaulGreg

PaulGreg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Tech bursts do not have the best damage vs armor and most of the Reapers have armored units....
Do you just browse these forums looking for people to disagree with.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #71
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:

This times 10. Its been very hard to get into FBW/G/G with decent randoms as of late. Its like they are approaching the game as if its bronze. Like you said it defeats the purpose of farming.

Last edited by VELVETxASSASSIN; 07-21-2012 at 12:42 PM.
VELVETxASSASSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #72
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Do you just browse these forums looking for people to disagree with.
No, I just don't like people spreading false/bad information.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #73
PaulGreg

PaulGreg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
No, I just don't like people spreading false/bad information.
IMO its not false or bad info, have you ever tried tech againts reapers, not quite as effective as biotics but not far behind, fire explosions alone do more damage than anything.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #74
chiapet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELVETxASSASSIN View Post
This times 10. Its been very hard to get into FB/G/W with decent randoms as of late. Its like they are approaching the game as if its bronze. Like you said it defeats the purpose of farming.
exactly...most notably with guys using the new phoenix characters. seems like they think they can just run up to and whip the shit out of every enemy. results are usually to the contrary, and the sound effects of the whips and guy yelling are annoying as eff.

i've also noticed it has become harder to find a game these days. perhaps the number of players is declining significantly, as many have suggested.
chiapet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #75
PaulGreg

PaulGreg's Gamercard
Quote:
exactly...most notably with guys using the new phoenix characters. seems like they think they can just run up to and whip the shit out of every enemy. results are usually to the contrary, and the sound effects of the whips and guy yelling are annoying as eff.

i've also noticed it has become harder to find a game these days. perhaps the number of players is declining significantly, as many have suggested.
I think a bigger problem to finding competent players seems that a lot of the players are sticking together in private matches instead of searching for randoms.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #76
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
IMO its not false or bad info, have you ever tried tech againts reapers, not quite as effective as biotics but not far behind, fire explosions alone do more damage than anything.
Yes and it is very ineffective for fighting armored targets. BE on the other hand has a larger blast radius, does more damage, and is not limited to shields. BE also has talents to give it an extra 100% damage. Also FE might be the strongest but it is the weakest since like CE it can only be triggered by the target being killed by the trigger power.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #77
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:
exactly...most notably with guys using the new phoenix characters. seems like they think they can just run up to and whip the shit out of every enemy. results are usually to the contrary, and the sound effects of the whips and guy yelling are annoying eff.

I've had a 50/50 experience with ppl using these characters. I've played with the smart ones who stay behind the counter n smash anything that attempts to come threw the door. This is good becuz i will set my bubble up right inside n once enemies step in its biotic heaven. Then there are the not so smart ones that play the way you described n it really hinders the team.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #78
bendermac

bendermac's Gamercard
Quote:
not as annoying when someone does a perma spam of shockwave or nova. that is truly annoying.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #79
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
I think a bigger problem to finding competent players seems that a lot of the players are sticking together in private matches instead of searching for randoms.
I gave up trying to play with randoms, too many elitists, now i only play if friends are on, even then we only manage a game or two before we get bored or rage quit for spending credits on useless items.

Unfortunately, this may mean you have to move on unless you can find some reliable friends or until some decent DLC drops.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #80
PaulGreg

PaulGreg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I gave up trying to play with randoms, too many elitists, now i only play if friends are on, even then we only manage a game or two before we get bored or rage quit for spending credits on useless items.

Unfortunately, this may mean you have to move on unless you can find some reliable friends or until some decent DLC drops.
thanks for the advice but im one of the fortunate ones to play with the same people, myself and 2 others are in the top 20 on the UK board( I know n7 can mean very little but it can be a good indicator who can hold there own in gold), we usually do random/random andore often than not we have to carry the odd inexperienced player, we very rarely kick and usually only after he proves to be a liabilty.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #81
Eating Machine

Yesterday I finished saving for my sp spendathong I saved 1,260,000 and bought 21 sp.

I got 2 ultra rares a black widow and scorpion.
Gold character cards: 9 soldier, 3 sentinel, 2 adept, 2 vanguard, 2 engineer, 1 infiltrator
Gear: 5 silver and 2 gold
2 silver character cards
7 blue character cards
68 level 3 equipment

Last time I bought 12 psp with 1,200,000 and I got 2 ultra rares and 5 or less permanent gear.

At least this time I unlocked the last character appearance for the vorcha. I would like to spend 1 million or so on vp and see what the drop rate of permanent gear is, but seeing that there would be no chance of me getting ultra rares with vp I cant justify spending that much to myself. Especially as at the rate they are dropping in sp and psp I would have them before I would max out the ultra rares.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #82
Eating Machine

Has anyone noticed that once you have got all the characters and appearances all you get then is freckin ammo powers. I mean I still have rare gear to unlock and they wont drop. Bought 10 psp and all I got was ammo powers over and over. Seeing as the gear unlocks I need are rare and silver I would think they would drop in psp and veteren but no.

Also the silver gear for thermal clip storage, adaptive war amp, engineering kit and densified ammunition I havent got a single one to drop. At least with the rares I got a few when the dlc came out. Has anyone got the silvers to drop.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #83
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eating Machine View Post
Has anyone noticed that once you have got all the characters and appearances all you get then is freckin ammo powers. I mean I still have rare gear to unlock and they wont drop. Bought 10 psp and all I got was ammo powers over and over. Seeing as the gear unlocks I need are rare and silver I would think they would drop in psp and veteren but no.

Also the silver gear for thermal clip storage, adaptive war amp, engineering kit and densified ammunition I havent got a single one to drop. At least with the rares I got a few when the dlc came out. Has anyone got the silvers to drop.
Word on the BSN is the new silver gear only drop in the last slot of veteran packs.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #84
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Word on the BSN is the new silver gear only drop in the last slot of veteran packs.
The last slot of my veteran pack is always level 3 ammo. I guess I got to buy a hell of a lot more veteran packs before my chances of one dropping increases.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #85
The Duke of Darkness

Quote:
The last slot of my veteran pack is always level 3 ammo. I guess I got to buy a hell of a lot more veteran packs before my chances of one dropping increases.
I've started buying veteran packs instead of equipment packs and I've got 2 of them on level 1, it's gonna take awhile.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #86
Eating Machine

Im wondering if other people are experiencing this. Since 5 or more days ago I havent unlocked anymore rare gear or uncommon gear. During that time I have continued to unlock ultra rare weapons. I would think that ultra rare has a less of a chance to unlock, but since the rare gear has stopped dropping I have got at least 10 ultra rares.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #87
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Im wondering if other people are experiencing this. Since 5 or more days ago I havent unlocked anymore rare gear or uncommon gear. During that time I have continued to unlock ultra rare weapons. I would think that ultra rare has a less of a chance to unlock, but since the rare gear has stopped dropping I have got at least 10 ultra rares.
I'm in the same boat pretty much exactly. I think there is a problem with some of the new rare gear items, so if you're like me you have maxed out the ones that are currently attainable and you're getting nothing but level IV ammo with the occasional N7 gun popping every five to ten packs.
WalterWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #88
The Duke of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I'm in the same boat pretty much exactly. I think there is a problem with some of the new rare gear items, so if you're like me you have maxed out the ones that are currently attainable and you're getting nothing but level IV ammo with the occasional N7 gun popping every five to ten packs.
You can get them its just the drop rate is crazy low, I have all of them on atleast level 1. I had some luck last night 1.6 million credits got me 6 ultra rares including the Typhoon! The time of space Rambo is upon us
Old 07-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #89
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
I got the new ammo capacity upgrade in a PSP. So either they stealth fixed it or the drop rate is just very low.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #90
The Duke of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I got the new ammo capacity upgrade in a PSP. So either they stealth fixed it or the drop rate is just very low.
They fixed it on tuesday.