PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > RPG > Final Fantasy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
jedijaxpavan

ZOMBIFIED glory's Gamercard
Unhappy $6.99 is insane!

I don't know if I should buy this or not. I really want this game. I played it in FF Origins on PS1 I believe.
I think my wife will kill me cause we try not to buy anything over $3.
I'm sure alot of you will be buying this day one. I hope people weigh in on their thoughts and whether it's worth the price.
I also keep up with WPCentral so I'm hoping they have their review out in a timely manner.....jk ;-)
Old 06-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Its cheaper then the IOS version of the game its ported from. Making it a great deal.

I hope people weigh in their thoughts that this could be a message to square to befriend us over on the xbox platforms and release their backcatalog
Arron114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
RikusTwilight

RikusTwilight's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijaxpavan View Post
I don't know if I should buy this or not. I really want this game. I played it in FF Origins on PS1 I believe.
I think my wife will kill me cause we try not to buy anything over $3.
I'm sure alot of you will be buying this day one. I hope people weigh in on their thoughts and whether it's worth the price.
I also keep up with WPCentral so I'm hoping they have their review out in a timely manner.....jk ;-)

It's Final Fantasy 1 on your mobile and for $7 that's not too bad. The price may be high for an old game, but the quality is there and you know it.

Like you I played FF1 in FF Origins way back on the PS1 and i've not played it since, so I'm looking forward to picking it up, showing my support and hopefully welcoming other Final Fantasy's onto the WP, or XBLA.

Get it. You know you want to.
RikusTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
It's a high price compared to most WP games but it's a reasonable price for what it is. And seriously $3, is that a joke?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Insanely cheap is more like it. Expensive when compared to most of the WP library, but cheap when you realize you are getting a FULL RETAIL REAL GAME on a Windows Phone! And an extensively long one with an actual story and loads of replay value... I would have easily paid $10 for this and not even batted an eye.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
I still don't get the mobile gaming crowd. Mobile IPs will devalue massively, and we'll, soon enough, be getting but cheap crap for under under $3.

It's weird, I rarely read complaints about a mobile game quality, most of times people just seem to care bout the price, it's like women talking about discount coupons (sorry bout the sexism, it's just a figure of speech).
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
luuwat

luuwat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
its like 5.49 which is like $8.50,

still it a little cheaper then the iphone version
luuwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
It's actually quite a good value when you think about how many hours of entertainment you're buying.

Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
jedijaxpavan

ZOMBIFIED glory's Gamercard
Everyone has a good point.
I did buy it and am enjoying it thoroughly.
Almost done with my first play through.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #10
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Ha, I'm always late on my reviews. Balancing reviews (which take a tremendous amount of time due to my writing style, the video, and photo requirements) and the constant stream of news I have to cover is super tough.

That said, I really hope to beat the game by the end of the month and have a review within a week or so after that, if everything goes right.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
Onyx_a87

Onyx Jaguar's Gamercard
Square Enix overprices their phone releases. If you look at a comparison of NES titles from back in the day you'll see the ceiling at five on Wii's VC, with 6 if it is a licensed game (TMNT).

Of course this version of the game Retails for 20 on the PSP and rather high in the iPhone. But comparatively it is high.

Not that high (given their ridiculous iPhone prices), but still not as competitively priced compared to other similar games. For example Phantasy Star 2 on the Xbox or Steam (5 dollars on Xbox, 3 dollars on Steam). Any Genesis game on Steam rather (hell Phantasy Star 4 is 3 dollars on Steam, Final Fantasy on here is double that). Plus phone games tend to be lower priced than their competitors, not with SE though.
Onyx_a87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #12
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx_a87 View Post
Not that high (given their ridiculous iPhone prices), but still not as competitively priced compared to other similar games. For example Phantasy Star 2 on the Xbox or Steam (5 dollars on Xbox, 3 dollars on Steam). Any Genesis game on Steam rather (hell Phantasy Star 4 is 3 dollars on Steam, Final Fantasy on here is double that). Plus phone games tend to be lower priced than their competitors, not with SE though.
Phantasy Star II on any format but Playstation 2 is just a Sega Genesis ROM, so of course it's going to sell for less. The PSP and subsequent mobile ports of Final Fantasy basically reprogrammed the entire game, changing many balance-related aspects, replacing the graphics, and adding new content like the bonus dungeons. If you look at it from that standpoint, of course the remastered version of Final Fantasy costs more.

Last edited by eastx; 04-19-2013 at 08:32 PM.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
This is still cheaper than most xbox live arcade game which will generally run you $10 to $15. Hell, even Portal, which is 4 years old, is still $15.00 Will be buying FF1 for sure. Now if they can fit FF7 on a phone.. I'll pay $50 for that.

If you're looking for a cheap game.. get Monstafish.. it's $.99 for the windows phone. And it's a relatively easy 200G.
100% RPG's: 40 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I'm five hours into the game, and glad that I picked it up. Clearly one of the best WP7 games, and I'm not even a JRPG fan.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #15
SOG EP Havoc

SOG EP Havoc's Gamercard
$6.99 is high!?

Compared to the other WP games, yes 6.99 is high. However, I just finished it and I have almost 30 hours into it. I would rather pay 6.99 for a 30 hour game than 59.99 for a game that I play 30 hours. Plus you can get 200 achievements which if you bought 5 $7 games would equal 1 $35 retail game. If and when they come out with 2 and 3, I'm getting them the first day, just like I did this one. It is well worth it and brings back great memories.
SOG EP Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I think the price is a bit high if you compare it to other Windows Phone games, but it's actually cheap in comparison to other versions of the game available on other platforms. I'll probably get this eventually since I absolutely love Final Fantasy and I remember spending quite a bit of time on this one in the past :P A price drop for it or having it as DotW sometime soon would be nice lol

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #17
tmnterminator

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I think the price is a bit high if you compare it to other Windows Phone games, but it's actually cheap in comparison to other versions of the game available on other platforms. I'll probably get this eventually since I absolutely love Final Fantasy and I remember spending quite a bit of time on this one in the past :P A price drop for it or having it as DotW sometime soon would be nice lol
I've been waiting for this to become the DotW. I've never played any FF games (I know, I know..) so I'm excited at the idea of finally getting to play one. I've been hoping for a Minecraft DotW as well, but I doubt either one will become one for a very long time.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
Samarin_6

Samarin6's Gamercard
Thanks everyone! I have been on the fence about this one for a while. I played the original quite a few years ago, and don't quite remember the specifics. Now I will have a new game to play on my breaks at work!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
JimmyT666

JimmyT666's Gamercard
Arsenic 17 has posted on the DotW thread that Final Fantasy has dropped in price by $2. No confirmation if this is permanent or just a sale.
http://www.ns2.x360a.org/forum/showt...64#post5804664

Edit: Original post by Isaac1982 here > http://www.ns2.x360a.org/forum/showt...70#post5804270

Last edited by JimmyT666; 06-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.
JimmyT666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #20
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Silver
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Everyone has a good point.
I did buy it and am enjoying it thoroughly.
Almost done with my first play through.
Glad you got it, it's worth every penny.

I had this on the NES. Or was it SNES. I forget :P
Last Achievement : Competitive streak - Sniper Elite 3 (Xbox One) - 20g
Last 100% Completion : Sniper Elite 3 (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote