PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #31
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I say you are stupid if you dont purchase what could be a great game just because of what achevements it has. Period
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymenace View Post
what makes me rethink buying the game is that they said gears3 was the last one . that pisses me off and nobody correct me saying it was the last one on that timeline because thats B.S
When did they say that? I read an interview with cliff before gears 3 came out the interviewer said :You've said this is the end of the trilogy...
cliff's response: Which everyone heard as the last Gears game ever.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #33
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So have they confirmed standard MP modes yet?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #34
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
I say you are stupid if you dont purchase what could be a great game just because of what achevements it has. Period
I completely agree. It is not like the achievement "isn't" attainable. It just takes a lot of work. I think people need to calm down about this whole "Seriously 4.0" achievement.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #35
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
So have they confirmed standard MP modes yet?
Thankfully, yes they have.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #36
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
I completely agree. It is not like the achievement "isn't" attainable. It just takes a lot of work. I think people need to calm down about this whole "Seriously 4.0" achievement.
Work as grinding and boosting....
Old 08-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #37
Convas

Convas's Gamercard
Welps, latest gameplay has medal counters. Now I'm not going to apesh*t and say, OH SNAP SURRIOUZLY 4.0!!11!1!!! ... but I have a bad feeling about it.

I would genuinely shocked if Epic/PCF literally rehashed Seriously 3.0 and renamed it Seriously 4.0.

Most Recent 100%:
Modern Warfare 3, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
, Fez

Convas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #38
Kieran69

Send a message via Skype™ to Kieran69

Im oNly 11 NErd's Gamercard
No offense, but you're an absolute retard if you aren't expecting a "Seriously" achievement, and it's even worse if you won't play the game because of it. Every Gears game has had an achievement like that, you think they're going to stop just because a few people complain?
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #39
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran69 View Post
No offense, but you're an absolute retard if you aren't expecting a "Seriously" achievement, and it's even worse if you won't play the game because of it. Every Gears game has had an achievement like that, you think they're going to stop just because a few people complain?
^
As harsh as it sounds guys, it's the truth.

You really gotta take in mind that it's an extremely small minority to Epic/PCF, that complain about the Seriously cheevos. (I mean for all you know, THEY WILL just copy and paste Seriously 3.0... and it would be justified to them.)

I don't have a problem having a perma 1900 on Gears 3, or never having gotten Seriously.../A Series of Tubes in the original, but that's just me. I don't care that much about the cheevos, I care about the gameplay.

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #40
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran69 View Post
The problem with S. 4.0 is that with every new Seriously achievement, Epic makes it harder, and with S. 3.0 taking well over 1500 hours according to some players that have gotten it, they will try and out-do S. 3.0 and make the next one even harder. Anyway, the reason I might not buy it is depending on Retro/Sos issue and the reset gltich
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #41
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Wow i made this huge post but the board screw me over and unlogged me... THANKS A LOT...

So ill condense it into one phrase. I did seriously 3.0 and it was the most boring and crappy time consuming energy wasting achievements i ever did, and no way im gonna do that again unless they downgrade it(especially game played) and allow kills to count in ALL MODES for guns and such.

Edit : No but really i expect a seriously again, hell i even loved seriously in the first game, second game was also "ok" even if you count lev 100 as part of it cause you only had to play the game and have fun. Seriously 3.0 was a work... it was atrocious to do, and not a single human could get it by simply PLAYING the game online. You HAD to grind private games... and idle boost, wich suck ass.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #42
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
I never really go for the seriously 3.0 or 2.0 because it is a lot of grinding for an achievement. I mean I just like to have fun and try out different games not stay stuck on one game forever. I mean Gears of War 2 I might try and 1k because I have a lot of those achievements already, but I have so much that I want to get through, that I am not sure that I want to spend anymore time getting this achievement.

That being said I am a huge Gears of War fan, so I am excited for Judgement.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #43
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

I was never a "change games a lot" guy, i actually finish conan yesterday(when i say finish i mean the story, not achievements as i dont care for them on that particular game) and it was the first "small games solo" i did in a very long time... I had done more in the past but what i like is play MP on big games(GOW, COD and such) or play a VERY deep and enchanting game like Skyrim... I don't care anymore much about those small games that you buy for 10 bucks or less... Ill do those i have already(was the case with conan) but i won't buy there anymore exep if they look REALLY awesome.

So i love playing GOW, but even for a guy like me that played a ton of GOW, the achievement was not obtainable without boosting, wich sucks. It forced us to play shitty modes we don't like(wingman crap) or modes i would had play ocasionally but thats it(beast and hordes) and use guns and stuff that we where bound to use just a little(mulcher, mortar etc)

Seriously was 65 achievements hiding under one, wich is cheating the system to me and just a way to screw players. Seriously should always had remain like GOW1 but improve eventually in term of modes and such. Like GOW1 was 10 000 rank kills, GOW2 could had been 25 000 all modes, GOW3 could had been original but not over the top, like play XX hours of GOW3, this way you play what you want and have fun...

Gears of War Legend
Old 09-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #44
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

I think just to annoy you, they should make Seriously 5.0, which requires you to get Seriously 1-'4' and then every achievement in Gears 1, 2, 3 and Unreal Tournament 3.

Only because it makes as much sense as wanting to boycott a game because of it's achievements.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #45
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRUNO99 View Post
I think just to annoy you, they should make Seriously 5.0, which requires you to get Seriously 1-'4' and then every achievement in Gears 1, 2, 3 and Unreal Tournament 3.

Only because it makes as much sense as wanting to boycott a game because of it's achievements.
Don't know if you are talking to me or the OP, but personally im not planning on boycotting the game or whatever, but i sure will say how pissed off and how i feel epic keep butt f*cking there fans if they do make something that bad again. For a compagny that suposely listen to there fan.. there probably 1 fan on 1000 that actually was for seriously 3.0.

And like i already said, im FOR long achievements that require dedicating yourself to a game, as long as its reasonable and obtainable playing the damn game. Skyrim is a multiple hundreds of hours game and they actually understood how to make a good and fair achievement list. Its long, not done in a couple hours, but if you like the game and play it a long time, you will get all of them. Oblivion Walker is a bit annoying but i would take 5 like that before a seriously 3.0...

Too me seriously feels pretty much like saying to your friend ill give you 20 bucks if you east a spoon of tobasco... then he goes and do it, then i say ill give you 50 bucks for a cup or outdated milk... he does it, then i say ok 100 bucks if you eat a cup of piss... (seriously 3.0) and he still does it... what can you come up next, you go even over the top and says "500$ if you eat that pile of shit" just to see how far he will go... Seem to me like epic are probably just asking themselves how stupid and no lifes there fan actually are. Eventually we will end up with a "play 10 000 hours of GOW, kill 1 million ennemies and play 3 days straigh without any interuption" if it continue like that.

EDIT : I got my gold wing a long time ago, most of my friends are either red or blue, and some are even green... but if they keep playing, they will eventually get it, and everything count toward that. THAT WOULD HAD BEEN A FAIR SERIOUSLY ACHIEVEMENTS, but no those idiots at epic put the max lev so low at first it took like 1 month to get it for a guy that played a lot... see how disbalanced that was... you where max lev and yet seriously was a mile away from unlocking. Even when i got my gold wings (by playing the game) i still had a lot of stuff to do for seriously...

Leveling to max would had been the perfect seriously, just make it a little longer from the get go

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 09-14-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #46
AM4Z

AM4Z's Gamercard
U gotta be a total nerd to get the seriously .0 achievements
AM4Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #47
moshr666

mosher666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I actually quite enjoy grinding the seriously achievements. As long as the game is good quality I don't mind. I don't judge my game purchases on achievements.
1750 / 1750 points (100 %)
Gears of War 3
2000 / 2000 points (100 %)
Gears of War: Judgment
1500 / 1500 points (100 %)
moshr666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #48
RoboSeal1

Other than brokenweapon balance, seriously 3.0 burned me out very quick and i went back to Gears 2
RoboSeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #49
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Many people do consider seriously as a very rewarding achievement when it's all said and done, though. Many people will still go after it.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #50
nappster187

Nappster187's Gamercard
Maybe they will make seriously 4.0 a rediculously easy achievement, like press start button.... While unlikely, that would be great...lol

Completed Retail & DLC: 28
latest: Madden NFL 25(xb1 & 360)

Completed Arcade: 7
Latest: Uno Rush
nappster187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #51
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Don't know if you are talking to me or the OP, but personally im not planning on boycotting the game or whatever, but i sure will say how pissed off and how i feel epic keep butt f*cking there fans if they do make something that bad again. For a compagny that suposely listen to there fan.. there probably 1 fan on 1000 that actually was for seriously 3.0.
Stuff like this drives me up a wall... IT'S A FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT NOT A SCHOOL PROJECT. No one has a gun to your head saying "do this or I will kill you". Most people are extremely retarded if they think S3.0 ruined Gears for them when they ruined Gears for themselves.

Real fans don't avoid the game because of an achievement.

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #52
mauleriscool

I thought I was a pretty hardcore gears fan till S3.0. I have 100% Gears1, Gears PC, and Gears2. Seriously 3.0 away from 100% on Gears3. I think I have some OCD issue with completing things (first remembering just HAVING to get all the pokemon on the gameboy games 10+ years ago).

I left my xbox idle gears3 for like 3-4 months to get all the modes onyx thinking that would help get S3.0 done quicker. At this point, I never EVER want to attempt or see another grinding achievement that takes 500+ hours by itself. This is probably due to not having all the time in the world to spend grinding away anymore.
mauleriscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #53
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Have really enjoyed the Gears trilogy but my excitement for this is maxed out at "Meh".

The achievements are not going to influence a purchase of this game or any game for me. Only if the game itself is fun and to be honest nothing I've seen so far about Judgement has really tweaked my interest all that much.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #54
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
Stuff like this drives me up a wall... IT'S A FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT NOT A SCHOOL PROJECT. No one has a gun to your head saying "do this or I will kill you". Most people are extremely retarded if they think S3.0 ruined Gears for them when they ruined Gears for themselves.

Real fans don't avoid the game because of an achievement.
I know its not a school project or a "job" but as a huge fan of GOW, as somebody who dedicate many hours PER DAY on the MP of GOW, that has done over 50 000 kills in every GOW game, its kinda like mandatory to have the full completion of the trilogy... Im not saying it ruined GOW, but it was a hard and boring time going for the stupid medals... It was stuff i couldn't do by just playing online, not to mention the damn idle boosting wich im sure for most people was the most retarded part. I love GOW, but would i play 3000 wingman? No way... hell im getting my 3000 TDM soon... and i have around 1500 execution games played, but thats the 2 modes i played the most... all the rest is between 50 to 500 games... but the game would ask me to play 3000 games of EACH? Even as i said by playing many hours per day im still FAAAAAR from the 18 000 required...

And the MP medals about stuff like heavy weapons, meatshield, nemesis(even lowered to 100) where all too much. I like to use the heavies playing against noobs, and i manage to get some kills, but as soon as the team is kinda good on the other side, no way im messing around with a mulcher... i may get one or 2 lucky kill with a one shot or a mortar but thats it... they ask for 6000... Same goes for pistol... practical when your out of ammo, or to finish somebody you downed with the snipe and your out of ammo, stuff like that. But who would really kill 1000 peoples with a pistol?

Boosting horde and beast was kinda boring but not so bad, campaign was a pain in the ass for the 100 X10, but thanks god you could spam a chapter to get the 500 chapter played... i can't imagine if i would had to play those 500 chapters... even 500 prologues... Its a good campaign and i loved it when i discovered it, but even the best campaign of the best game ever i wouldn't do it more than 5 or 6 time...

Anyway.... bottom line doing this once was terrible... but im glad im done with it, now i can just play the game for fun and enjoy it, but just the tough of going trough this again is kinda making me sick...

Give me the equivalent of 10 prestige of warfare, or such and call it seriously and i will NEVER complain. I don't mind any lev up based achievement, as just PLAYING THE GAME FOR FUN would make you have it eventually. What i find terrible if forcing you to play modes you don't like or simply forcing you to waste countless of hours farming bots.. thats dumb.

Gears of War Legend
Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #55
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSeal1 View Post
Other than brokenweapon balance, seriously 3.0 burned me out very quick and i went back to Gears 2
Oh and this is probably worst comment i ever saw all year long. Broken Weapon balance? Did you just played 2 weeks when the game released? Now they are perfectly balanced... but hey if you enjoy "Broken Gears of Host" better... good for you. Personally there is nothing that would make me go back on the MP of this game...

To me GOW2 was a broken version of GOW1, slower, clunkier, and all the dumb stuff they corrected it in GOW3(for exemple nades on the wall... now you can blow them up with your smoke, so your not doomed of having to almost kill you to make it explode)

But the worst of all... HOST !!!! When you enter a game and after only 1 round you already know this game is gonna be horrible due to the terrible connection and at best it will finish 5-1 for the other team....as you may end up with a lucky round.

Host in GOW1 i could always "excuse" it, it was the first game, MP was thrown in at the last minute but more important, first you could see the connection before joining... and even test it yourself with the character changing speed test. Then if you ended up on a couple back connection games by mistake, you could always host yours and repay you back if i can say. Personally when i was ranking with friends we would host(turn by turn and such) to make it easier to find each other, and if i would be alone i would join games, THAT was balanced.

In GOW2, we had a party of 5 with an excellent connection, and if we had host 1 game on 4 it was good... thats not fair at all. And if the host has an EXCELLENT connection, that was ok, but some games it was such an horrible ones... When i looked and saw england or mexico... i would get so pissed off, why canadian where matched with mexican or other side of the ocean.... thats so dumb. But the worst was when it was writed "USA, New York" or something like that... Its SOOO close to quebec... how can it lag like that... No excuses...

Oh god no i don't miss GOW2... Honestly when GOW2 was released i deserted it after 1 month.. until they put up the new achievements around 3 months after release... i couldn't beleive the mess it was... but after a million patch it became a little more decent... but i kept playing GOW1 for 1 year and a half after GOW2 release... thats show how i loved GOW1. And i plan on keeping playing GOW3 even after judgment if it turn out to be not that great... cause GOW3 is great. But GOW2... i never EVER even tough about playing it again after GOW3 was release... and at release GOW3 was not as fine as now...

I even almost didn't played the last 6 months... not because i was tired of GOW, but because i was tired of GOW2... the lag/host was too much to endure after having been on the GOW3 beta... and yes even when the sawed off was sooo overpower...

The only thing i miss from GOW2 is sanctuary... but oh wait, its actually a map from GOW1 PC... LOL exept i could never play the game on the computer so i didn't knew it before GOW2...

Gears of War Legend
Old 12-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #56
AKfoy0face

AKfoy0face's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy R6 View Post
I am a completionist and got seriously 3.0 but it almost cost me my relationship (very bad) so I won't buy it if it got a time consuming achievement..

and S3.0 also burnt me out..
you know how pointless that is? i can see going for 700-800 but to put ur relationship on the line for achievements is retarded. You also could be playing alot more games if you didnt worry so much about completions
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #57
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I'm actually hoping for another tough Seriously achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfoy0face View Post
you know how pointless that is? i can see going for 700-800 but to put ur relationship on the line for achievements is retarded. You also could be playing alot more games if you didnt worry so much about completions
Well maybe, just maybe it wasn't just him and his quest for Seriously 3.0 that put put a strain on his relationship. /sarcasm

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #58
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

I have never done them due to the time it takes and could be spent playing other games, free time is limited as it is, so doesn't bother me in the slightest, will be interesting to see what you need to do.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #59
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfoy0face View Post
Lol not only could he have been playing other games, but maybe playing something a little better than video games also lol, if ya know what I mean Lmfao..

Also, I'm very happy that there will be No bleed out.. that means No more kills getting stolen from me!!

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #60
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I will be buying it regardless of the achievements. I looked at seriously 3.0 & straight away thought "Fuck that!!!" I gave myself a target of 1750/2000 on GOW3 which I'm still working towards slowly.

GOW 1 & 2 I got seriously on both (Gears 1 on old profile). But seriously 3.0 was by far to time consuming & not worth attempting due to other games & other commitments.