PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #61
Aeternox

Aeternox's Gamercard
I don't really want to do another onyx medal run, getting seriously 3.0 stunted me from getting 200k gamer score last year and hopefully with the gears judgement this seriously wont be crazy hard to get.

I have seriously 1.0 and about half way to 2.0 and 3.0 was done on July 4th I will wait for a achievement list and then make my mind up, if I buy this game or not.

I hated Bulletstorm I thought it was a pile of crap and I have very little faith in people can fly as a company to deliver a strong gears title without Cliffy or even rod behind them. I know they made the PC version of Gears of War and it's good but I feel like their stripping this game down too much as far as MP and I just don't know if this game can hold a candle to the epic story that GOW 1-3 as a trilogy had to offer.

At this point I did go reserve the game, I'm at heart a gears fan but I didn't pay it off just a standard reserve for now til I see more info and videos and etc. Just my two cents.
Aeternox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #62
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfoy0face View Post
you know how pointless that is? i can see going for 700-800 but to put ur relationship on the line for achievements is retarded. You also could be playing alot more games if you didnt worry so much about completions
Sometimes its a matter of loving THAT particular game. For exemple i always loved the FEAR franchise, but i knew from the first game i could never get 1000. Achievements requiring to play the campaign 6-7 times at least, on hardest difficulty and it still used the old retarded system of med packs(when energy recharching was already a standard) so i let it go with what i got.

FEAR2 (and FEAR Files) confirmed the same thing, again i could never get the 1000 and now im playing FEAR3 and altough i think i could maybe get the 1000, it would need hours of hours of play and im not willing to do that. I love FEAR, but as a one go campaign and thats it.

On the other hand, GOW1 i got the full 1250 pretty easily, Seriously 1 was not that hard, all you had to do was play the game and have fun and you would get it, as long as you had a team to play rank. I did my share of player match the first 6 months, but when i had 3 teamates that where good i was more looking to rank, as the player match of GOW2 was real player match.... no stats.

Seriously 2.0 was again not hard at all... did 3/4 of it just by playing the game, 55 000 kills in rank only so add to that the hordes and campaign runs i did... And the lev 100 thingy again just required you to play the game... in WHAT YOU LIKED

When GOW3 was released, as a huge GOW fan(easily my favorite shooter for MP) and pretty much in my top 5 favorite game serie ever, i HAD to complete it. When i get back on GOW1 and 2, i can brag i did 50 000 and 55 000 kills of rank respectively, when i go back to GOW3 i will able to say i did probably the same if not more ammount of kills in online MP(player match is basically the standard online mode now, so i count it) but to me it would look incomplete, it would look bad if i don't have all achievements.

Probleme is... seriously 3 sucks because it force you into insane stuff but also in stuff you don't like. I don't mind playing 10 or 20 games of a mode for an achievements, but when its 3000 ... no way. Since GOW3 release i have nearly my 3000 TDM player, 1500 or so execution(played mostly this for a long time) but in the other modes... around 100 KOTH, 600 CTL(mostly because of Guardian wich i like) and a couple hundreds warzone, mostly when they mixed it the playlist... Wingman i just can't stand it.. i won't play any mode i have 1 chance on 4 to win... especially when is more or less a matter of luck.

So i had to boost several nights to get wingman and the other modes... wich is something i think is extremely stupid... idle boosting when you sleep... lamest thing ever...

Back to the other stuff... i like to use the heavy weapons, but everybody knows its almost impossible to get 3000 kills with those legit, the Nemesis medal... basically ask you to play badly on purpose... in over a year of GOW3 i have maybe 30 retribution rebounds... and i didn't execute them all... i guess you got more chance of having those in KOTH or CTL... but i don't play much of those... so bummer...

I can say i did a lot of stuff legit, but again i hated how the game forced you to use certain load outs, play certain modes... Would they had make it getting HALF of the onyx, i would have right now seriously legit, but sadly i had to boost some and god it wasted some of my time.. It was like a routine to play 1 hour of boosting before going to work each morning... what a waste of time.

So, I HAVE NO PROBLEM IF they put a seriously that is obtainable legitly, for exemple like COD prestige 10... i never reach prestige 10 on COD because i don't play it enough, but on GOW... would there be more than 3 prestige colors... i would had them all for sure... I was many millions over lev 100 when they introduced prestige, and im now several millions(around 15) over the lev 100 Gold...

If they want people to commit playing GOW, find, but let them play what they like, put regular achievements for other modes...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #63
MaicoWin

MaicoWin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Fuck Epic and fuck Gears Judgement. After that blatant disrespect to completionist gamers with Seriously 3.0, I'm not buying another one of their shitty games, despite the badgering. Funny how most people defending this farce neither obtained Seriously 3.0 nor achieved a completion percentage less than failing, e.g. no room to talk.

Equation to discern noobs: "Skill ∝ Whining of difficulties and multiplayer achievements ^ Completion %"
MaicoWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #64
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoWin View Post
<snip>
Someone seems a little mad.

I am currently boosting Seriously on Gears of War and I don't see what the fuss is about. Sure it's a long grind, but no one is forcing you to get it.

Glad I've found a good team of people who are willing to spare 3+ hours almost everyday to boost. Getting over 250 kills a session.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #65
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoWin View Post
Fuck Epic and fuck Gears Judgement. After that blatant disrespect to completionist gamers with Seriously 3.0, I'm not buying another one of their shitty games, despite the badgering. Funny how most people defending this farce neither obtained Seriously 3.0 nor achieved a completion percentage less than failing, e.g. no room to talk.
Oh snap! I agree though. Didn't get 10000 kills on Gears of War 1 either, but have almost 30000 kills on Gears of War 3.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #66
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
Oh snap! I agree though. Didn't get 10000 kills on Gears of War 1 either, but have almost 30000 kills on Gears of War 3.
KOTH and TDM make Kills easier in GOW3 in general, not to mention bots invading most games all the time(i hate the concept of quick match, sorry)

In GOW1 you had to kill real people, and Execution/Warzone meant once you died you where out for the round... Annex Kills didn't count for seriously and came way later...

So yeah getting a huge number of kills took way more time and skill in GOW1, im proud to say i got more or less 50 000 Kills

And i have seriously 3.0, but i still think its a sad shitty achievement, my 2 main teamates at GOW will never get it because they don't waste there time boosting with bots, while some guys that don't even like GOW that much or are not that good are getting it, while my friends could kick there ass 2 vs 5 anyday... I think its a shame really. Epic should had put the achievement to reward true fans and people that still play the game today.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #67
Off The WaLL

Xx NicH xX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
Honestly, I could care less if there was a Seriously 4.0 I would still get this game. One achievement should not determine whether to purchase a game or not.
most of the players may think this is stupid but completionist players think different & that's a valid point.

I hate the whole idea of a new seriously achievement + I think this game will be really really bad.

Completionist >>> Achievement Hunters (gamerscore whores)
#1 on MEXICO #16 Worldwide
#1 Worldwide 1500G skate 3
100% Retail 44/47 - 100% Arcade 16/17
Working on: STATE OF DECAY LIFELINE 0.00% COMPLETED
Off The WaLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #68
Xmoda
Banned User

x Xmoda x's Gamercard
i think they won't have it but thats just me
Xmoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #69
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoda View Post
i think they won't have it but thats just me
I am sure there will be a Seriously 4.0. It is a Gears tradition now. It is just a matter of what it requires.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #70
DiamondD

TheDiamondD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
I think they may actually still be deciding whether to put in a Seriously 4.0 as we speak since the game comes out a month and a half from now and there's absolutely been no talk on achievements.
DiamondD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #71
ron north

I would be surprised if there was no Seriously because you can see 4-5 onyx medals (the same medals that are in Gears 3) in the gameplay footage. Although, if they decide to not put an achievement for them, I can tell you that nobody's gonna do all the onyx medals for fun.
ron north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #72
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron north View Post
I would be surprised if there was no Seriously because you can see 4-5 onyx medals (the same medals that are in Gears 3) in the gameplay footage. Although, if they decide to not put an achievement for them, I can tell you that nobody's gonna do all the onyx medals for fun.
Surprise!!!

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #73
my_box_72
Banned User

Good riddance to any .0 achievements , there nothing but a none-sense grind
my_box_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #74
ron north

@ Nlkuysdf

Yeah there's still a Seriously like I always thought, but i'm surprised it's not about some super grinding onyx medals, hopefully Seriously Judgmental won't be long to do but it may be tricky. Although, I'm sure that the hardest achievement in the game will be to earn all the stars on insane, that cheevo sounds like getting all S ranks on Resident Evil on the highest difficulty, but I hope i'm mistaken because otherwise it will be a pain in the ass to complete.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #75
eXciter1

They'll sneak it in, like they did Level 100 in Gears 2.
eXciter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #76
ron north

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXciter1 View Post
They'll sneak it in, like they did Level 100 in Gears 2.
I hope they won't do something like that, because everybody will be mad at them.

Level 100 in Gears 2 was easy and nice so for me it's not something I wish they haven't done.

Otherwise, if they add an achievement for doing 25 onyx medals, it would be cool but they better not put an achievement worse than Seriously 3.0 especially in a DLC.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #77
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
I'll be buying it regardless, I couldn't care less about completing any games achievements. If I enjoy playing that's all I care about and achievements just give you things to do.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #78
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Well, No seriously 4.0!

Just need to re-up 3 times
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #79
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
//Thread topic in code, just for fun

public class GoW {