PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Arrow More Gameplay Footage

Looks like we have some open world free road, really nice graphics as always, maybe a little less serious about the online. Maybe theyre headed in the right direction. Reminds me a bit of the old most wanted, which is a good thing. I guess we'll see soon!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Don't care what anyone says because at the end, it's going back to the NFS that many people loved. It's not Underground/Underground 2, but does it matter?

The game is going to be awesome. With Forza Horizon doing something similar, it's great to have more options for fun racing games.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'm disappointed that I haven't seen any customization in the game. I still think it'll be a great game with or without it, though.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
I'm disappointed that I haven't seen any customization in the game. I still think it'll be a great game with or without it, though.
Yeah thats what i miss from the earlier ones like underground and even the first most wanted. I hope they bring that back.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyimdalton View Post
Yeah thats what i miss from the earlier ones like underground and even the first most wanted. I hope they bring that back.
Underground 2 had the best customization in any NFS game. Most Wanted's customization was decent, but it was still better than any of the newer NFS games.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Quote:
Underground 2 had the best customization in any NFS game. Most Wanted's customization was decent, but it was still better than any of the newer NFS games.
I LOVED it in underground 2. Its still one of my favorite racers. A remake of that would be nice but I really doubt that is going to happen. They dont seem like they know what they're doing anymore.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah, it would be awesome if they did have customization though. I'm not sure if this will be worth getting though, it looks pretty similar to Hot Pursuit, which I didn't really enjoy (I don't know why, I just couldn't get into it) however I really liked the original Most Wanted. If not, when I'll probably get Forza Horizon.
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I like the dynamic camera, gives me a really good bumping feeling, perhaps different point of views would be nice since it's right up the tail in these videos.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I finished the MW on my PC but didn't do near as well on my 360. I'll have to check this out, being a NFS fan.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Looks like every other NFS game that has come out in recent years...

People should pass on this crap for awhile.. untill they bring out Underground 3 and bring back customization.. But i think they were capitalizing on that "The Fast and The Furious" phase back then... idk

But Forza Horizon will be coming out this year and its looking to be a better choice..
Old 06-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
V3T Hunter

I already have this preordered on amazon. I still need to run through the old NFS:MW to get the achievements on it before this is released.
100% Retail: Smackdown vs Raw 2009,Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Madden 06, Madden 09, CSI: Hard Evidence,NBA 2k6,MLB 2k6, Fight Night Round 3, Avatar: The burning earth, College Hoops 2k6, Backyard Football 2010,NCAA Football 12, WWE Allstars,Smackdown vs Raw 2008,WWE 12,NCIS.
XBLA:Harm's Way.
V3T Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
This looks brilliant, I was hoping for either this or Underground 3 anyway!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
iDeranger

ideranger's Gamercard
It will be awesome
iDeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Here's some more Gameplay footage that was just released.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The game will have customization in it. they said that a while back and many of the pre-order bonuses comes with upgrade parts.

I can't wait and even am gonna wait on preice drops for RE6 and AC3 so I can get this one first.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #16
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Gamespot article unveils there's a sliver of customization but it appears to be useful upgrades for completing challenges (Nitro, off-road tyres) and not neon vinyl penises for the side of your whip.

http://uk.gamespot.com/need-for-spee...ithAu;ReadMore

Central to Most Wanted’s fresh outlook is making each of its shiny, destructible licensed cars available from the get-go. <Blah, blah, blah> ...every car is somewhere in the city and immediately up for grabs in single player.

In theory, you can be doing 250 miles an hour in the fastest car in the game within five minutes. It’s the antidote, says Sullivan, to games “all about looking at that box and seeing that nice, cool, shiny car and most of the time going, ‘I’m never going to get to drive that f**king car, unless I play the game for 40 hours’”. Once discovered, a car’s location is marked on the city map for quick-travel future access.

That’s single player, though. In multiplayer, the system of car unlocks looks a lot more like the levelling in an online shooter (“We play a lot of CoD and Battlefield,” Sullivan says). Everything you do, offline and online, earns you experience points (“speed points”), and as you level up you unlock new rides, much like weapons in Call of Duty.

As you hit milestones in a certain vehicle, on the other hand, you unlock new mods. Do enough offroad driving in one car and you’ll get its offroad tyres. Win an event in another and you’ll bag a nitrous mod. Pleasingly, mods can be added to cars on the fly. Pity the cop chasing you when you install your nitrous dump mod in mid-pursuit.

The difference between unlocking cars in single and multiplayer stands out to me. Sounds like I won't be able to unlock The #1 Car in single player and then press Right, Down, Right, Right on my D-pad to start using it in multiplayer. Wonder if there'll be an awkward transition between the two where you'll have to quit to the main menu or if you'll be transported to this game's equivalent of the Junkyard for your choice of unlocked MP cars.

Also mid-race customizing seems a bit of a confusing proposition but I just reminded myself of the D-pad menu.

LOL at quick-travel in an open world racing game.

Hope they offer up an alternative to that blue-on-blue minimap.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #17
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
This game will be sick.
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Off the main page article from GamesCom

Another novel feature in Most Wanted is how the game approaches competition between friends. In the game, if a friend has recorded the best jump in a certain area, then their face will be displayed on a billboard. Smash through their smug face, record a bigger jump, and it’ll be your ugly mug on the billboard instead.

Ruh Roh, I smell another 'send off 250 mugshots' camera-based achievement.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote