PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What...

exactly, is modding and how does one go about doing it in the console version of this game? I've seen all kinds of stuff about it in these forums (disdain seems to be the most common reaction to it). I don't want to do it myself (because I don't want to fuck my saves), I'm just curious.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
then why do you need to know? MS bans accounts caught modding. i wouldnt do it & i dont play with those that do! besides why mod a game & make it easy? takes away the devs idea of gameplay & such. they put hard work into it. so respect their work & avoid modding things like guns! takes away the fun if you ask me!
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #3
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Apparently you didn't notice the part where I said I wasn't going to do it. Stop coming at me like I've murdered a small child. As I said, I'm just curious. Plus, I'll need to get online for some of the DLC achievements and I'd like to know what to avoid so as not to screw my save files.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
Old 06-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
Skeetacus

Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
I'm not condoning this in any fashion, but modding usuall occurs through hex / or save editing.

This consists of opening the save file via a flash drive on a computer and editing current weapon stats or whole new weapons (which must pass certain requirements or the game rejects them) through software like WillowTree.

Fun stuff, even if I don't fully understand how to do this.
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
Skeetacus

Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
I didn't really notice the second portion of your post, so I'll take a stab at it too.

Typical mods include:
-Rose Omegas: Shields with like a 2 trillion capacity that never reduce as they recharge too quickly.

-Stock Weapons (ie. Stock Assault Rifle, Repeater Pistol, etc.) Appears white in inventory: Weapons with SUPER ENHANCED DAMAGE. For instance, a Stock Shotgun capable of 27k x 12 damage in one shot.

-Ironclad (Has no prefix, which means its different from the actual shield): Modded shield that has the attribute of increasing inventory space when sold. (Sticks in inventory forever, can glitch inventory)

-Watch for Double-named weapons, they are mods (however their damage scale is for some reason reasonable. )

- I'm unaware of the names, but certain guns can lag the host out when shot (how they do this is beyond me), also, certain modded weapons can make the player drop all their inventory when equipped.

Hope this helps!
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
As for how to avoid that stuff...play with friends who you know and trust and stay away from randoms. I had a friend who must have joined or had a randome join his game and then we played be ause I have the "keep your insides inside" glitch mission. To me, it's like the flu, it won't kill you but it messes you up.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyreBall View Post
Apparently you didn't notice the part where I said I wasn't going to do it. Stop coming at me like I've murdered a small child. As I said, I'm just curious. Plus, I'll need to get online for some of the DLC achievements and I'd like to know what to avoid so as not to screw my save files.
ok if you're serious about avoiding it heres how. DONT pick up weapons or items dropped by online players! i cant stress this enough! a buddy of mine had a modded gun. he showed it to 3 of us online. as long as we didnt pick it up. we were fine. he warned us not to. he was showing us what to look out for. since hes beaten the game 10 times. he didnt care if his file was corrupted. so even your best online friends can screw you over. my advice when online. dont grab items on the ground period! mostly if left behind by anouther player. hope this helps. i too need the online ahcieves with dlc. dont pick up players items at all is your best bet ps i never came at you! i was blunt but not agressive! so calm down & dont react but act.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #8
PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Ok, thanks guys, I'll know what to look for. Out of curiosity, does it cause the same glitches and other problems for the PC version?