Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Zumato

Zumato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Additions you want in a Sequel!

First off, the game is awesome, it feels like a Monster Hunter/Western RPG blend. These are just things I would like to see in a sequel.

1. Better control over pawns actions - I was kind of disappointed with the lack of control you have with them, especially in combat. The D-Pad felt useless to me. Here's what I'm hoping for in the sequel; strategies that you can create and apply them to the D-Pad.

2. Appearance Equipment Slots - The slots would be purely for cosmetic purposes. That way you can have some awesome armor and look great as well!

3. Online Multiplayer - Pretty much self explanatory.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumato View Post
1. Better control over pawns actions - I was kind of disappointed with the lack of control you have with them, especially in combat. The D-Pad felt useless to me. Here's what I'm hoping for in the sequel; strategies that you can create and apply them to the D-Pad.

2. Appearance Equipment Slots - The slots would be purely for cosmetic purposes. That way you can have some awesome armor and look great as well!

3. Online Multiplayer - Pretty much self explanatory.
1. I like this idea. I'm fed up with mashing left or right on my d-pad for help and not getting any. Creating strategies sounds good, or at least a damn 'wait' command. Oh, and maybe a 'don't pick up that loot, it's mine' command. Or just the ability to let them know how stupid they're acting.

2. But we've got that already. Torso and legs have clothing and armour, plus there are accoutrements where you can assign a cloak or a piece of jewelry. I do think it could be expanded to add more options though. I wouldn't mind wearing gloves and bracers; pants, boots, armour; and be able to wear my bandit's mask with a hood.

3. I would love this - although I would need to convince a friend to buy it - but I fear the negative feedback the developers would get for adding it. For some reason people just hate multiplayer in a game with a single player focus. People freaked out over Mass Effect 3's added multiplayer and they might about this.

Personally I want a fast travel system. Nothing too accessible like Bethesda's games where you can choose wherever you want to go so long as there are no enemies around, but an expansion of the current system where you can spend a bunch of G on a crystal (or whatever it is) to get back to Gran Soren. Maybe there is a location you can warp to in the center of the map, then a few at locations near the corners of the map.

I'd also like to see more towns, cities and kingdoms. More farmland, more activities being performed by NPCs. More dynamic events, more enemies, more interesting quests. Quite a few other things too. I'm just too tired to think of any more.

Also, definitely a good story. At least something to follow. I'm making things up in my head the whole time.

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 06-14-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
1 - More control is always nice.

2 - Dislike this idea, i like my armour/ clothing to have a purpose & i like to be able to see it. Cosmetic additions are a waste of resources that should be used designing more unique useful gear.

3 - Why do people want multiplayer in every game now? It takes away resources from the main game and is just not needed. Personally i think they got it right with sharing pawns and i'd just like to see that system refined. Not replaced with friends in game.

Does no one else play RPGs for hours at a time? I do & with work commitments it's near impossible to find a friend who's free at exactly the same times as me to play through a story of length in several hour chunks.

Drop in drop out is useless as unless you also each have your own single player game running as well (or are on playthrough 2+) you miss out on parts of the story or can only play when you're both free.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Zumato

Zumato's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
1. I like this idea. I'm fed up with mashing left or right on my d-pad for help and not getting any. Creating strategies sounds good, or at least a damn 'wait' command. Oh, and maybe a 'don't pick up that loot, it's mine' command. Or just the ability to let them know how stupid they're acting.

2. But we've got that already. Torso and legs have clothing and armour, plus there are accoutrements where you can assign a cloak or a piece of jewelry. I do think it could be expanded to add more options though. I wouldn't mind wearing gloves and bracers; pants, boots, armour; and be able to wear my bandit's mask with a hood.

3. I would love this - although I would need to convince a friend to buy it - but I fear the negative feedback the developers would get for adding it. For some reason people just hate multiplayer in a game with a single player focus. People freaked out over Mass Effect 3's added multiplayer and they might about this.

Personally I want a fast travel system. Nothing too accessible like Bethesda's games where you can choose wherever you want to go so long as there are no enemies around, but an expansion of the current system where you can spend a bunch of G on a crystal (or whatever it is) to get back to Gran Soren. Maybe there is a location you can warp to in the center of the map, then a few at locations near the corners of the map.

I'd also like to see more towns, cities and kingdoms. More farmland, more activities being performed by NPCs. More dynamic events, more enemies, more interesting quests. Quite a few other things too. I'm just too tired to think of any more.

Also, definitely a good story. At least something to follow. I'm making things up in my head the whole time.
I always pictured a fast travel system being based around the rift stones. Perhaps you could pay an "X" amount of rift crystals, "X" being based on the distance being traveled, to travel to other rift stones. Hell, the pawns can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
1 - More control is always nice.

2 - Dislike this idea, i like my armour/ clothing to have a purpose & i like to be able to see it. Cosmetic additions are a waste of resources that should be used designing more unique useful gear.
When I suggested this, I was thinking more about the pawns. I've seen a lot of people design their pawns to look like different characters, o.e., Hermione from Harry Potter, Morrigan from Dragon Age, Robin Hood from......Robin Hood, etc...An appearance slot would allow their pawns to have the best equipment without ruining the overall cosmetic design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
3 - Why do people want multiplayer in every game now? It takes away resources from the main game and is just not needed. Personally i think they got it right with sharing pawns and i'd just like to see that system refined. Not replaced with friends in game.

Does no one else play RPGs for hours at a time? I do & with work commitments it's near impossible to find a friend who's free at exactly the same times as me to play through a story of length in several hour chunks.

Drop in drop out is useless as unless you also each have your own single player game running as well (or are on playthrough 2+) you miss out on parts of the story or can only play when you're both free.
This is one of the RPGs that can handle multiplayer well, just replace the pawns with actually players. The type of online play could be based around Monster Hunter's online mode. Monster Hunter puts players in an online lobby, once they find a group, or not, they can take on a quest from the notice board to do misc. things. These quests can range from gathering items to slaying dragons.

I'm not looking for something to ruin the single player experience. I just feel like this game has some serious multiplayer potential.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
R3tarded M0nkey

R3tarded M0nkey's Gamercard
I'd love a crafting system similar to monster hunter - maybe as well as finding weapons and having to buy some, you could use loot from monsters (bones etc) to make weapons and armour. That was definitely one of the bits of monster hunter that was great and felt rewarding.

Multiplayer would be cool, perhaps if it was implemented similarly to Monster Hunter as well with a 'gathering hall' independent of the main questline where you could go get quests and be taken to an area to hunt

edit: Basically, I just want a mixture of the two games to come out!

100% Arcade: The Secret of Monkey Island
R3tarded M0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumato View Post
This is one of the RPGs that can handle multiplayer well, just replace the pawns with actually players. The type of online play could be based around Monster Hunter's online mode. Monster Hunter puts players in an online lobby, once they find a group, or not, they can take on a quest from the notice board to do misc. things. These quests can range from gathering items to slaying dragons.

I'm not looking for something to ruin the single player experience. I just feel like this game has some serious multiplayer potential.
hmmm... Multiplayer for additional super bosses like the ur-dragon & distinct multiplayer dungeons along the lines of the everfall?

I'll agree that in this game, done that way, it'd be worthwhile and pretty cool.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
KeyOfDarkness

OMGsniperTurtle's Gamercard
Apart from the obvious stuff like, more pawn control, more weapons, more armor choices, etc.

Multiplayer could be easily implemented into the game, considering it's pretty much there already with the Pawns, you could easily replace them with player characters.

A bigger variety of quests would be nice, I never once saw a "Defend this spot from waves" quest, and that could be really cool, think attacking the Shadow Fort but on the defensive with increasing waves of enemies coming towards you, this could even be its own mode and be multiplayer only.

The lack of water enemies was a bit of a let down, I thought they'd at least have a Kraken to some degree, so some actual water based enemies would be nice to see. And of course they do have a pretty big selection of mythical creatures to drag new enemies from, the lack of a cave only enemy encounter for instance is a bit strange, and having some sort of rock based creature that camouflages with the environment, sort of Saurian like, would be neat to see.

If they take more types of weapons from Monster Hunter it could be fun, having a Lance/Spear would be fantastic and can be combined with the other 3 base classes pretty well, or it could just be added to the melee based class as a choice.

They've actually made a super solid base to work from if they decide to make a sequel, bigger and better is really all they need to do. Although personally, if they do make a sequel, I'd rather they wait a few years and develop it for a next gen console.

Newest video
Let's review - Driver: San Fransisco
http://www.youtube.com/OMGsniperTurtle
KeyOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
The Destroyernatorer

TBS Mulder's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Actual party control is the only thing I really want.

Perhaps something more like Dragon Age, with all sorts of detailed customisation options and also the ability to directly control your party.

I'm just fed up of mashing the d-pad and watching them either do nothing or enchant my weapon with the wrong element!
The Destroyernatorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
1. A quick travel option. Mainly between the main cities and forts.

2. Better save system. Similar to Skyrim's.

Pyrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Oh, I'd also like the ability to distribute stats where I want to when I level up. I'd like to choose if I want more Health, Stamina, Strength, etc.

I like bitching threads.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
EnteringtheCosmos

Capcom wanted to sell 10 million copies(lol) I'm pretty sure it has not got close to that so they might think of it as a failure which means no sequel.
EnteringtheCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
1) The Knowledge Chair's questions replaced by a selection of sliders, like the Character Edit menu. I should be able to sit in the chair, see ALL of my pawn's AI options, and customize them how I see fit.

Inclinations should still be guided by the initial four questions, Elixirs and how the player behaves in game, but all the decisions like the "what do you want me to say in this situation?" or how talkative your pawn is, should be able to be edited at any time and in a simple menu, e.g., "Dialogue Frequency - Rare, Normal, Frequent."

2) I should be able to hide headgear. This was a feature that I really dug in Guild Wars, an MMORPG.

I absolutely love the character creation, clothing and armour designs in this game, but I don't like any hats, hoods or helmets. I actually don't wear any because I dislike them so much, but obviously this means that I'm missing out on some free stat buffs. I should be able to equip headgear and get their stats, but make them not appear on my character's model in-game.

3) Region should be in the search filter for pawns. This is really minor, but I like playing with the pawns of fellow North Americans. I know it's ultimately pointless since comments and such get localized into the player's language so it's not like there's a difference between playing with an English-speaker's pawn or a Japanese person's pawn, but still I like seeing what characters people tend to create in various regions, so I'd like to be able to filter certain regions in or out.

Onto other things;
-I am perfectly fine with the game's travel system (or lack thereof,) but I do think that the whole "port crystal" thing I keep hearing about needs to be available on the first playthrough. In a sequel, there should still be an item to teleport to the main city from anywhere in the world, but teleporting to other destinations should be handled via teleporters inside of cities and and possibly camps.
-I am fine with the save system as well, but I would be open to a more Bethesda-style one (at the very least, Capcom NEEDS to separate auto-saves from the core save.) They would have to come up with a solution for pawns though; letting people create endless numbers of pawns (one for each character!?) would flood the servers with utterly useless ones that slept at an inn once before their save was eventually deleted.
I think that each gamertag should only be allowed one pawn on the server, but of course, if you switch between save files and rest at an inn, that most recent file's pawn gets uploaded as your pawn on the server.

Finally, I know that multiplayer is a much-desired feature, and while I would like to see it in Dragon's Dogma, I would like it curbed to only two-player co-op.

Why? Because I love the pawn system, and I think it's a truly innovative way of interacting with other players. Even if somebody hasn't played the game in ages, if they rested at an inn, their pawn is on the servers until they eventually close; if you make a bunch of new games, you'll be able to play with some old favourites when they're relevant to your level again, something that I think is very cool.

If you think about it, players are actively creating NPCs in this game's world. Both figuratively, and literally. I mean, on one hand, while they aren't actually "in" your game, you can summon ANYONE on the game's servers and travel with them, without having to actually have somebody controlling them. On the other hand, the game actually fills cities and roads with other players' pawns dynamically, and that's just goddamn cool. (Shout-outs to the Rift, as well, I really like how they handled that.)

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I think that Dragon's Dogma should always be about pawns. The game specifically states that they're your constant companion. If you join a buddy's game, your pawn should come with you, nothing more, nothing less. If you want to just leave your pawn dead and drifting in the Rift, then I don't think you should get an extra party member to replace them; that's my opinion.

So yeah, bring on the co-op, but don't separate a player from their pawn.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
Zim

People saying multiplayer or how easy it would be to implement have no idea how game development works. Implementing multiplayer would be a hellish task. The fact there are NPC characters who always stay close to your character and have pre-programmed traits has no relation to multiplayer at all.

I have no idea why people keep bringing up multiplayer either. Skyrim doesn't have it. Other open world fantasy rpgs don't have it. I keep hearing people mention monster hunter but it is so massively different.

The only way multiplayer could work in the game as it exists now would be to have limited instances where you had to load in your character and the world map was limited to a small area. Basically it could work but it would just be combat instances and would take away so many resources from the main game as to be a waste.

In terms of fast travel all they have to do is take the system available in NG+ and make it available first time around but actually limit it still. Just make it so all the safe haven type areas have port crystals.

Spock - You can distribute attribute points. Different classes get different combinations of points. If they gave you full control over it then it could create massive balance issues.

You can change your pawns strategies. With potions and the knowledge chair. The only thing they really need to do (as others have said) is give you a little more control over their specific actions - so be able to request a specific affinity etc. In general they do a good job of using the right spell for the right enemy, but other things it's more like a toss up if they do it right.

I would say some of the big changes they need to do are actually quite simple. Make the areas you visit more balanced. I must have gone past windbluff tower a million times. Yet times I went through the forest near bloodwater beach? Once, to uncover the map there.

Make classes more balanced. Look the warrior is fine for the beginning of the game. However in end game? Worthless. Trying to fight a hydra with a warrior? A joke. Fighting one with a ranger? Easy. The fighter barely needs to exist. The assassin can also use swords and shields but has far more options available.

Swimming - Yea would be nice. Underwater combat? Probably asking a bit too much for a sequel. Trying to get that combat system working underwater would be a nightmare. Especially since a huge amount of the skills would become nigh on useless.

More randomization/change of the world. Some of the best times are when you start getting things like Griffins, Drakes, Cyclops etc appearing in areas they didn't before. Routes with no variation in enemies become tedious. Have more griffins randomly appear in the world. Chimeras appear in different areas. Ogres appear on roads etc.

It would make the game so much more interesting if when walking from Gran Soren to Cassardis I didn't know every single enemy and where they will be placed. Randomly drop in something deadlier and it gets interesting.

Save system? I'm actually okay with this. I'm pretty sure the reason it was done was to try and stop the games economy going to hell. If you could create multiple save files then you could simply create a new save file - send eveything to a friend via his pawn, then load up your other save and carry on as normal.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
yippy smalz

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
Well if multiplayer was added and multiplayer I'm assuming some sort of co-op would pawns really be needed then? You could do a 2 player co-op i guess and each person their own pawn. With the inclinations you don't really need more control of the pawn besides whats already there. What i really want is multiple save slots, its extremely needed for an RPG.

Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
Zumato

Zumato's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
People saying multiplayer or how easy it would be to implement have no idea how game development works. Implementing multiplayer would be a hellish task. The fact there are NPC characters who always stay close to your character and have pre-programmed traits has no relation to multiplayer at all.

I have no idea why people keep bringing up multiplayer either. Skyrim doesn't have it. Other open world fantasy rpgs don't have it. I keep hearing people mention monster hunter but it is so massively different.

The only way multiplayer could work in the game as it exists now would be to have limited instances where you had to load in your character and the world map was limited to a small area. Basically it could work but it would just be combat instances and would take away so many resources from the main game as to be a waste.
I believe your view of online multiplayer greatly differs from mine. My view is a little more...confined. Nothing involving the entire open world or your single player experience. Example: Players can form a party of 2-4 and take on a quest, like hunting a griffin in Bluemoon Tower. Once the party is stocked on supplies and whatnot, they would be immediately transported to Bluemoon Tower to complete the quest. All of this would be completely separate from your single player game, except the experience and items collected. NPCs would be irrelevant.

On a different note, Skyrim was never made with teamwork in mind. So naturally, multiplayer wouldn't fit there. Dragon's Dogma, on the other hand, is based all around teamwork. Also, Dragon's Dogma draws a lot of inspiration, and a few mechanics, from Monster Hunter. So I wouldn't call them "massively" different.

Quote:
In terms of fast travel all they have to do is take the system available in NG+ and make it available first time around but actually limit it still. Just make it so all the safe haven type areas have port crystals.
No argument here. Hell, if the game world was more surprising/changing, as you suggested below; I would never fast travel.

Quote:
Spock - You can distribute attribute points. Different classes get different combinations of points. If they gave you full control over it then it could create massive balance issues.
It would be cool to see your class choice affect you character's body. Like a muscular fighter losing his muscle mass when he changes and stays as a mage for a while.

Quote:
You can change your pawns strategies. With potions and the knowledge chair. The only thing they really need to do (as others have said) is give you a little more control over their specific actions - so be able to request a specific affinity etc. In general they do a good job of using the right spell for the right enemy, but other things it's more like a toss up if they do it right.
More in-depth control would be nice. The first thing that comes to my mind would be the Paradigm system in FFXIII. Being able to completely change their tactics on the fly. A pawn's inclination would determine how well he/she carries out that order instead of completely controlling the AI.

Quote:
I would say some of the big changes they need to do are actually quite simple. Make the areas you visit more balanced. I must have gone past windbluff tower a million times. Yet times I went through the forest near bloodwater beach? Once, to uncover the map there.

Make classes more balanced. Look the warrior is fine for the beginning of the game. However in end game? Worthless. Trying to fight a hydra with a warrior? A joke. Fighting one with a ranger? Easy. The fighter barely needs to exist. The assassin can also use swords and shields but has far more options available.

Swimming - Yea would be nice. Underwater combat? Probably asking a bit too much for a sequel. Trying to get that combat system working underwater would be a nightmare. Especially since a huge amount of the skills would become nigh on useless.

More randomization/change of the world. Some of the best times are when you start getting things like Griffins, Drakes, Cyclops etc appearing in areas they didn't before. Routes with no variation in enemies become tedious. Have more griffins randomly appear in the world. Chimeras appear in different areas. Ogres appear on roads etc.

It would make the game so much more interesting if when walking from Gran Soren to Cassardis I didn't know every single enemy and where they will be placed. Randomly drop in something deadlier and it gets interesting.

Save system? I'm actually okay with this. I'm pretty sure the reason it was done was to try and stop the games economy going to hell. If you could create multiple save files then you could simply create a new save file - send eveything to a friend via his pawn, then load up your other save and carry on as normal.
Pretty much agree with everything else. Though I would like to see a "Load most recent Save" option in-game. Currently we only have "Load Last Checkpoint."
Old 06-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Zim

Ah your suggestion for multiplayer is what I am saying could be possible. It would have to be set smaller instances. I think it would take more work than it would be worth until they have a better basis to work from though. They really need to build another game and get the basics even smoother first then worry about expanding that much more.

I see what you mean about immediately being able to switch pawn strategy though. So you would like to actually have the choice to on the fly change personality in a more user friendly way. Yea that would work well.

I will tell you though that the game does have a load last save option haha =D Retry = Load last save. Load Last checkpoint = Last time you slept, stopped at a riftstone or completed a major quest.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
Raymond 870

Raymond 870's Gamercard
A decent storyline would be good i didnt find this one good at all apart from that better pawn commands, an ability to distribute stats, hide head gear option and more variety of enemies
Raymond 870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
more big monsters like the griffin or chimer

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
Blitzhammer13

Blitzhammer's Gamercard
I want my pawns not to jump off of cliffs while fighting over who gets to open a chest, haha.
Blitzhammer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

If there are escort missions I don't want the person I'm escorting to stand right next to me doing nothing as a FUCKING CHIMERA attacks me and him killing him instantly. -_-

I like bitching threads.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:40 AM   #21
Laxi

Laaxi's Gamercard
i hope there will be a sequel at all, US sales are bad.
Laxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #22
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxi View Post
i hope there will be a sequel at all, US sales are bad.
I don't think you understand just how well it's doing in Japan. Best selling new IP of the current gen, 34/40 from Famitsu. There will most likely be a sequel. Now, whether or not we'll be forced to import...

I like bitching threads.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #23
Zumato

Zumato's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I don't think you understand just how well it's doing in Japan. Best selling new IP of the current gen, 34/40 from Famitsu. There will most likely be a sequel. Now, whether or not we'll be forced to import...
Might just be time to start learning another language....
Old 06-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #24
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
More monsters. I hope they get free rein to make some new and original creations. Also make it a bit more challenging. Post-game was probably my favourite part of the whole game.

Thanks to KillerBEA for the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I only took her on the Normandy because I'm a Paragon and want to help save the galaxy but only five damn war asset points? I could get more points by sticking a Post-It note on a wall of the Citadel with the words, "REAPERS ARE BAD!" on it.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #25
Darksheik

Darksheik's Gamercard
Fast travel actually.
Can't stand the 10 minutes in which I have to run like an idiot every new mission I accept :S
Darksheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #26
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
More monsters/enemies, and more variety in where they appear. Perhaps a somewhat longer main quest. Some tweaking of the pawns' speech patterns to ease repetition a bit and take note of which way you are generally headed so they don't say things meant to be said when you head the other way. An easier way to gift weapons and armor. Maybe even the ability to control your pawn in anothers' world.

Overall though, these are minor gripes. I just love the game, most pleasant gaming surprise I've had in some time.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
Tenreth

1. weather effects
2. more climatic zones (snowy, desert, ...)
3. much bigger map
4. more enemies (variation)
5. pawn control
6. improved search for pawns
7. fast travel or mounts
8. longer main story
9. better graphics
Tenreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Thought I'd note a few extra things,

-Definitely more monsters, as others have said. I was pretty disappointed when around Gran Soren I'm still running into wolves, goblins and saurians...All the area adds is random highwaymen to replace bandits, and zombies and cultists at night. Plus, up near the Shadow Fort there's a ton of goblins when they could've made that forest more interesting with some unique enemies. Ditto for the Witchwood having wolves every few seconds.

-Weather! I love weather effects in games. Though I guess it'd be kind of an issue considering the Drenched condition, hahaha. Maybe you could just equip a poncho or something, like the lantern. =P

-Ponchos. Yes, ponchos. I want to dress up like Toan from Dark Cloud or something. That said, I absolutely love the capes in this game, both their physics/swaying effects and their models, especially the variety of them. Best capes in gaming.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #29
binkyspankums

binkyspankums's Gamercard
my only real gripe with the game was the save system, but I can't see them only making one save slot in a sequel.

also, no crazy rock song in the menu hahah

Sig By Gackt

20,000G-Executioner(The Darkness 2) 4/11/2012

30,000G-Ship Shape(Dead Space 2:Severed) 7/25/2012

40,000G-Done That(Borderlands 2:Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt) 1/23/2013
binkyspankums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #30
tucker0071

Tuck09's Gamercard
FAST TRAVEL
ONLINE DROP IN OUT CO-OP FOR 3 PEOPLE
WHEN ONLINE PLAYER DROPS OUT IS REPLACED WITH LAST PAWN YOU HIRED IF YOU DIDN'T SET THEM FREE.
tucker0071 is offline   Reply With Quote