PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Longshot Cup

To alert you all, there is a new cup out in four and a half hours time called "Longshot Cup". Victory will give you the new In Form Honda (http://t.co/4hxcJ5Tx) and this will only be available from winning this tournament or paying what would most likely be a ridiculous price on the market for someone else's. You will also only be able to win one each. The catch is that you only have four chances to win (2 online/2 offline) and the offline tournament must be played on ultimate difficulty.
As a Russian League user I'm very excited for the Honda, looks like a quality player, any thoughts on the card or the tournament?

What can I say, I was a sucker for the Nyan Cat design. Mark Hoppus's Amp
Samao14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It should be called bullshit difficulty. The stuff they can do. They just give everyone stat boosts. And I just disconnected, so If that has kicked me out of the entire tournament, I will not be a happy bunny. Don't worry about the price. By the time I win this thing he'll be worth about 300. I just need to play the flat back 9.

Last edited by DJConnelly; 06-16-2012 at 12:30 AM.
DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samao14 View Post
To alert you all, there is a new cup out in four and a half hours time called "Longshot Cup". Victory will give you the new In Form Honda (http://t.co/4hxcJ5Tx) and this will only be available from winning this tournament or paying what would most likely be a ridiculous price on the market for someone else's. You will also only be able to win one each. The catch is that you only have four chances to win (2 online/2 offline) and the offline tournament must be played on ultimate difficulty.
As a Russian League user I'm very excited for the Honda, looks like a quality player, any thoughts on the card or the tournament?
Does the "Restore Defaults" trick work with this Comp offline?

(i.e.) Pressing Y on the Team Lineups screen to the Restore Default Settings in the Options and it makes the Difficulty Pofessional.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
Does the "Restore Defaults" trick work with this Comp offline?

(i.e.) Pressing Y on the Team Lineups screen to the Restore Default Settings in the Options and it makes the Difficulty Pofessional.
Sadly not, in fact, the whole thing has been patched so it can't be done on any offline tournament.

I've played it myself a bit and playing Barca offline is ridiculous, I work hard for the lead just for Xavi/Busquets to score a stupid goal from 40 yards, then score a god damn sweaty goal. I'd never played Ultimate before, and it's not quite as bad as I expected (saw off L'pool 4-2 in first round) but Barcelona have become like Gods.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samao14 View Post
Sadly not, in fact, the whole thing has been patched so it can't be done on any offline tournament.

I've played it myself a bit and playing Barca offline is ridiculous, I work hard for the lead just for Xavi/Busquets to score a stupid goal from 40 yards, then score a god damn sweaty goal. I'd never played Ultimate before, and it's not quite as bad as I expected (saw off L'pool 4-2 in first round) but Barcelona have become like Gods.
Thanks for the reply.

As the "Restore Defaults" trick doesn't work anymore I can't really be bothered with this Tournament.

Ultimate Difficulty sounds like the sort of frustating experience that simply wouldn't be enjoyable, especially if opponents are scoring stupid goals from 40 yards.

Also, the In-Form Honda is only selling for 15,000 to 18,000 at the moment and as more people get him, he will rapidly decrease in value.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Thanks for noting the price, had a look and given I'd fancy a 4-1-2-1-2 I'll probably just buy one, guess I underestimated just how many people would win the tournament. I am considering winning the tournament regardless though, partially for the challenge and partially to make my money back. Too right it's not enjoyable though

Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Playing Man City in the final. Kompany scored from 30 yards with his left foot. Sigh.

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
I've FINALLY won the sodding tournament. Absolute torture. Given I only got two shots to win offline, it's the only time I was willing to dashboard if I was going to lose. Barcelona were a nightmare, Busquets and Xavi just score from 40 odd yards with relative ease, score dreadfully "sweaty" goals, or get given stupid penalties... Arsenal were more of the same in the final, somehow Song and Ramsey became like Superman.
I would expect that you will want to throw the controller at the wall at some point.
It IS worth the card though, I've played a game or two with the Honda I bought on the market and he plays very well, a good passer and surprisingly effective at CDM, where I brought him on as a sub when I was losing.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
EJames2100

EJames2100's Gamercard
Anyone knows if it gets you the achievement for getting an In-Form ?
EJames2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhostUK's Gamercard
Finally won this cup. 3 1-0's and a dodgy penalty win after a 0-0 against Munich in the final. Really had to grind at this to get it though.
CrimsonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames2100 View Post
Anyone knows if it gets you the achievement for getting an In-Form ?
I'm not sure, but I don't think so as the description clearly states you have to get the IF in a pack

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote