PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Liampard
 
Liampard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 38

SewingMachine x's Gamercard
Momentum??

I'm not sure if this is true but is there such thing as momentum in fifa as i just played a game where mine and my opponents team were the same rating my chemistry and morale were on 99 but my players weren't making any runs and i was finding it hard to attack can anyone tell me if there is such thing
Liampard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Pretty sure there is not. But as you no fifa's A.I are terrible and very inconsistent. However you are shit so that could be why.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Liampard
 
Liampard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 38

SewingMachine x's Gamercard
oh funny i always beat you
Liampard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The records say otherwise.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
Matt x360a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bracknell
Posts: 644

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
yes, momentum does exist or handicap as people like to call it. you can disagree with me but i know and many other people know for sure that the handicap does exist
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I know its "supposed" to have been in the last 3 fifa's but alot of the things EA introduce into FIFA never ever works. I mean even the ea hub thing which has been with us a while still does not work. They need to go back get the basic's right first before they start introducing all this new shit. I say no because for me and alot of others it has no effect at all. A.I are just retards.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #7
BSC YoungBoy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 604

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
I know its "supposed" to have been in the last 3 fifa's but alot of the things EA introduce into FIFA never ever works. I mean even the ea hub thing which has been with us a while still does not work. They need to go back get the basic's right first before they start introducing all this new shit. I say no because for me and alot of others it has no effect at all. A.I are just retards.
So you think it's pure coincidence that the A.I. act "retarded" after a few big plays for the other team, but everything happens to go right for you after some plays in you're favor?

I think you'd have to be pretty naive to not make any connections with these occurrences. It's also quite ridiculous to think that just because one aspect of FIFA isn't complete, that every feature is broken.
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No i mean no matter if im winning or losing the A.I dont change and they never have done there always the same what im saying is momentum has no effect for me ever if you concede its your fault. And pretty sure everyone knows that alot of the stuff in fifa dont work but that dont really matter because its fifa.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
BloodOnTheSound
 
BloodOnTheSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 71

BloodOnTheSound's Gamercard
the momentum isn't in the game its in the player playing the game. because we all know you go 2/3 goals down you aren't going to be feeling good about yourself, but as soon as you get one back you start thinking just maybe the comeback is on, then you get your 2nd and 3rd maybe even 4th and then you win. imo the momentum isn't in the game but in the player and how the deal with going goals up and down in the 90mins.
__________________
Call Of Duty 4 : 1000/1000
Resident Evil 5 : 1000/1000
Skate 2 : 1250/1250

plus lots of games partially completed.

overall 36000+
BloodOnTheSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
neil_lien
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheSound View Post
the momentum isn't in the game its in the player playing the game. because we all know you go 2/3 goals down you aren't going to be feeling good about yourself, but as soon as you get one back you start thinking just maybe the comeback is on, then you get your 2nd and 3rd maybe even 4th and then you win. imo the momentum isn't in the game but in the player and how the deal with going goals up and down in the 90mins.
Would have to disagree. For me, momentum is definitely in the game. Why? well, let's see... all too often I'm dominating, shots from all angles, most possession in their final quarter, missing one-on-one opportunities, and even open nets. Then the opposing team make one break in the final minutes, and scores with their one shot. Really. I somehow doubt this player puts in all his hours for clinical finishing.

There definitely is negative behaviour (certain parts I'd call scripted), against the better player. Sort of balancing things out so it makes a decent game for both, which doesn't give a true reflection on skill.

I won't be getting the next title, looking into PES and if that is still crap then I'll do without either.
__________________
Highlighted Achievements



+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_lien View Post
Would have to disagree. For me, momentum is definitely in the game. Why? well, let's see... all too often I'm dominating, shots from all angles, most possession in their final quarter, missing one-on-one opportunities, and even open nets. Then the opposing team make one break in the final minutes, and scores with their one shot. Really. I somehow doubt this player puts in all his hours for clinical finishing.

There definitely is negative behaviour (certain parts I'd call scripted), against the better player. Sort of balancing things out so it makes a decent game for both, which doesn't give a true reflection on skill.

I won't be getting the next title, looking into PES and if that is still crap then I'll do without either.
No offence but it is just skill. People always moan about fifa me included but it really is down to ability. If you cant score its your fault. You opponent is obv just a better finisher.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
neil_lien
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
No offence but it is just skill. People always moan about fifa me included but it really is down to ability. If you cant score its your fault. You opponent is obv just a better finisher.
Get your rose-tinted glasses of you. Have played the game enough to know the system sometimes plays against you.
__________________
Highlighted Achievements



+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
BloodOnTheSound
 
BloodOnTheSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 71

BloodOnTheSound's Gamercard
im with inferno, its all down to player skill and there mental ability to be able to respond when conceding goals. the scenario that neil gives were your dominating an opponent and they have one shot on target and you lose 1-0, thats football for you. its all in your head whether you take it too heart and think that the computer has some coding making this happen or you use your own ability at the game to change the momentum and then the result. its all a mind game in my opinion.
__________________
Call Of Duty 4 : 1000/1000
Resident Evil 5 : 1000/1000
Skate 2 : 1250/1250

plus lots of games partially completed.

overall 36000+
BloodOnTheSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
BSC YoungBoy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 604

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
I don't agree with the scenario Neil gave, however there IS some type of in game interference.

There have been many times I have been better than the other person, but got a crap loss simply because everything goes their way. I have 1 on 1's and do everything I can control (positioning, shot power, shot type, aim) to score, but the resulting shot is not what I asked for. Also EVERY rebound and 50/50 ball goes straight to them no matter where they are on the pitch. Don't just give me "that's football" because it's not. Who gets the rebound is decided by who has the better positioning and anticipation. In some games on FIFA, the rebound goes directly to their player without having to move at all. The chances of that happening ONCE is slim, let alone every time. There have also been some games where the above events have happened in my favor, and I just sit back and say, "wow, how lucky was I?"

I'm not just some whining kid that can't take a loss, if I lose to a better player I have no problem with it. But it really pisses me off when I play better than the person in our game, but a "third party" seems to ensure their victory.
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
LNG SaNdMaN
 
LNG SaNdMaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 389

LNG SaNdMaN's Gamercard
You can read about 'momentum/scripting' here, including EA's 'official' response...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1182202.page
__________________
LNG SaNdMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
BSC YoungBoy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 604

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNG SaNdMaN View Post
You can read about 'momentum/scripting' here, including EA's 'official' response...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1182202.page
A post on that forum sums it up perfectly. "if you can't see it then maybe you're benefiting from it". Many people don't want to accept when they got lucky and just write it off as them being better.

And as for the ea response, of course they would never admit to fixing results whether it's true or not. But they did say something interesting, "there's nothing more important to the dev team than creating a game that's as fair and balanced as possible for anyone playing it." this can be interpreted as giving less skilled players help to give them a chance against better players, hence balancing the game.
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
neil_lien
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSC YoungBoy View Post
I don't agree with the scenario Neil gave, however there IS some type of in game interference.
Well, you say that you don't agree then give an almost carbon-copy version of my post? Anyway, least someone else is able to see these things!
__________________
Highlighted Achievements



+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #18
BSC YoungBoy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 604

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_lien View Post
Well, you say that you don't agree then give an almost carbon-copy version of my post? Anyway, least someone else is able to see these things!
I see how ours is similar, but some could interpret yours as just being a "bad finisher" (not accusing you of anything). I do agree that sometimes even when you do all you can to finish, the ball just doesn't go in for some reason.
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It does just come down to skill. If you go a goal down rather than keep your cool most players will go fuck need to score! Leaving them wide open to spank. If you keep your cool after conceding you have much more chance of getting back into it. Same applys when you score. Its not the games momentum its your mental approach to the game.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #20
BSC YoungBoy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 604

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
It does just come down to skill. If you go a goal down rather than keep your cool most players will go fuck need to score! Leaving them wide open to spank. If you keep your cool after conceding you have much more chance of getting back into it. Same applys when you score. Its not the games momentum its your mental approach to the game.
If you are right then I would like to know what skill you need to have to cause EVERY rebound to go straight to you???
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #21
neil_lien
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
It does just come down to skill. If you go a goal down rather than keep your cool most players will go fuck need to score! Leaving them wide open to spank. If you keep your cool after conceding you have much more chance of getting back into it. Same applys when you score. Its not the games momentum its your mental approach to the game.
Nonsense. It isn't my mentality, it is the game playing against me inorder to balance things out. The style of play as you mentioned (rushing in attack after a goal) is ENTIRELY different.
__________________
Highlighted Achievements



+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Rebounds and that are just luck. Loads of times ive had a pass hit my own defender and play him through and vice versa or my opponent win every second ball! most of the stuff you complain about is just the broken game and bullshit.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
Matt x360a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bracknell
Posts: 644

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
its nonsense all this its mentality crap. ive played 1000's of games over all the fifas so i know when there is something wrong with a game. although ea might not admit it, momentum and handicap exist. people who say it doesnt are just trying to be in the look at me group and argue for the sake of it
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #24
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its never been mentioned ever. If it was in the game EA would announce it as some new "Cool" feature like they always do. Momentum is an excuse for people who lose. Just makes them feel better.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
Matt x360a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bracknell
Posts: 644

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
momentum isnt at all an excuse for people who lose, ive experienced it tons of times even when i win. it is in the game and there are enough people who experience it and so do you most likely but are just arguing for the sake of it.
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #26
BSC YoungBoy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 604

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
Its never been mentioned ever. If it was in the game EA would announce it as some new "Cool" feature like they always do. Momentum is an excuse for people who lose. Just makes them feel better.
Why would ea announce that they are going to help weaker players win?

And I think I agree with the statement that you just want to argue for the sake of it because you clearly haven't even read our posts. Everyone that has said that there is some ea interference has said they noticed it both for and against them. So tell me how it's merely an excuse from the loser?
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #27
neil_lien
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 701
Exactly, I have experienced the momentum shift to my advantage a good number of times. So I'm not whining because I'm getting beat, I'm merely outlining that this is in the game, and I don't need a phony EA statement to tell me otherwise. On that note, can you imagine if EA did admit it - "yeah sure, the system plays against you on certain situations"... reckon that will go down well in the gaming community? Please get your head out of the clouds.

I will try explaining further -
  • When momentum takes affect:
    • If you are leading 2-0 for example, comfortable game until the 70th minute or so, then their team is given a boost to get back into the game.
    • 45th or 90th minute goals against the flow of play are suspiciously common, or to create those "thrilling moments".
    • Sometimes around 10minutes after you score the first goal, keeps with the belief that you're vulnerable after you score.
    • In the scenario I described previously in this thread. The longer it takes you to score, the worse it gets because they love the battling dogged team that's so brave to keep hanging in there against the odds.
  • What is momentum:
    • The momentum team will get +20 (figure plucked out of thin air) for their players, the team against momentum will get -20 for their players.
    • Players become laboured, sloppy in passing, shots won't go in no matter how clear-cut the chance appears, positioning is all over the place, referee hates anything you do. The opposite for the momentum team of course.
Is it so difficult to comprehend? FIFA12 has chemistry with Ultimate Team, so I don't think it would be too complex to implement something in other modes which can make the system play worse.
__________________
Highlighted Achievements



+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #28
Liampard
 
Liampard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 38

SewingMachine x's Gamercard
Ea have said there is no such thing as handicap or momentum on twitter. only found out the other day so argument over.
Liampard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #29
Matt x360a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bracknell
Posts: 644

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
no its not arguement over at all, ea would never admit they put something in a game that gives advantage to weaker players.

basically are you telling me(im using 1 specific game as example) that when i have an 86 rated team with 100 chem, i come up against a team with below 50 chem(46 to be exact) and all my passes are missing none of my shots on target and struggling to keep up with his players even when there not that good. my aguero couldnt outrun puyol, thts fucked. he has probly 2 shots and 1 nil up. now dont tell me its me playing bad or he just better, like i said ive played 1000's of fifa games over the years and i dont need a lesson in finishing. momentum and handicap exist. there are 2 types of people that disagree with this. 1. people who like to argue for the complete sake of it (a.k.a inferno) 2. people who never have a chance to experience using the brilliant teams 86+. momentum and handicap exist
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #30
neil_lien
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liampard View Post
Ea have said there is no such thing as handicap or momentum on twitter. only found out the other day so argument over.
Did you even read my post? Find it amusing when someone states a bold fact, only for it to be countered in the post before.
__________________
Highlighted Achievements



+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 PM.