PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic The Hedgehog
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Darkness727420
Banned User

Darkness727420's Gamercard
Speed Ball???

Ok when Iwas a kid this is all I used to play. And I remember I could hold down and mash the a button to charge up my speed. Ive only downloaded the trial but no speed charge. Ive read that it wasnt introduced until sonic 2. I call bs cause I never had sonic 2 only the first one. I know as a kid I would sit there for a good 5 minutes just mashin the a button. now in the xbla version you cant??? Why is that. Did they put the earlier release on there and not the later one? Again I know ive done speed charge on the sega as a kid in the first sonic. Someone tell whats up with this its been bothering me since I found sonic on marketplace and dont wanna waste money on something that isnt what I played way back when.
Darkness727420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Believe it or not, the speed dash ability was not introduced until Sonic 2. It was never in Sonic 1 for Genesis. I still have my original Genesis cartridge.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Darkness727420
Banned User

i find that hard to believe seenigs how i had the first sonic and sonic and knuckles. and the first one had the races in it. glad you still have it but i know what ive done. again id mash the buttons at the start of the race just cause. maybe someone else can shed some lite on this. anyone? i know what ive read but ill believe what i know i did when i was a kid. not trying to shoot you down bbl but i distincly remember what i was doing
Old 06-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
PhantomNemesis

firewhisper's Gamercard
No speed dash in Sonic 1, what you probably remember is running forward and then holding the down button to gain momentum, especially when going downhill. Speed dash came in Sonic 2, played all the games on the Mega Drive/Genesis and remember most perfectly, Sonic 1 definitely never had Speed Dash on Mega Drive.

PhantomNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
They had it in Sonic 1 on Sonic Jam on the Sega Saturn as well as a Time Attack and 'Easy Mode' and Sonic Genesis on the GBA as part of an 'Anniversary Edition' but it was never present in the original.

Although every post you keep making keeps describing Sonic 2.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Darkness727420
Banned User

i know what it sounds like but you cant make sonic 1 and sonic and knuckles work, cause it was for 2 and 3. those were the only 2 ive had was sonic 1 and sonic and knuckles. maybe i had a sifferent version or something. also wasnt tales playable in sonic and knuckles on the sega not xbla
Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
PhantomNemesis

firewhisper's Gamercard
It definitely wasn't in the Genesis version, and the S&K 1 lock on was just the blue sphere mini-game. Also, Tails wasn't in S&K, not unless you had the lock-on with Sonic 3, in which case you could.

You must've had a different version at some point, Sega is very adamant about not changing anything in the re-releases, aside from the state save. I wish they would make a Sonic 3 style save system for all of them and I'd honestly pay full price for each one. Hell, if you can't make a decent Sonic 4, rebuild the Sonic 1-3 and S&K in the Generations 2D engine and you just revived Sonic.

PhantomNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Darkness727420
Banned User

mini game if you pressed a series of buttons that i didnt know when i was a kid. whatever i know what i did and had as a kid, things change in 20 years i guess. you can delete this thread. wish i still knew my childhood friend still hed back me up as he did the same thing. not going to get my answer here so mark this for deletion
Old 07-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
Darkness727420
Banned User

LOL I am a douche! I was sittin there watchin my kid play sonic 3, and what do you know i said to myself, that looks like the one i played when i was a kid. Of course it was and I apologize for being a complete douche about it when clearly I was mixed up thinking one thing when it was the 3rd one i had not the first one. 3 has save slots in which you can pick sonic tails or knuckles which made me realize i was dead wrong.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
Beardyboo

VC OF THE NFE's Gamercard
I mean no disrespect, but after reading this I nearly wet myself.

Perhaps someone can upload this thread to knowyourmeme.com/memes/facepalm

Bless you charles123

Beardyboo is offline   Reply With Quote