PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Lollipop Chainsaw
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
WildHunt1

DarthWildHunt's Gamercard
Not Afraid of Heights

All right, I know everyone is going to say that everything is random, and believe me, it is. I've been trying to get this achievement for three days now, and I've never even gotten CLOSE to finishing the stupid video game. Does anyone have any clue on how to outsmart this freaking game? I mean, the guys throwing trees from the windows will do them in random order until I move out, and then suddenly they ALL throw at the same time. How can I avoid that? I seriously wish I could get help getting this achievement, because it's getting to the point of annoyance (like "If They Came To Hear Me Beg" from Halo: Reach annoyance). Even just some encouraging words, like I have a glitched game and that's why this achievement seems harder for me than anyone else. Something to make me feel better. I've lost like 300 times. I've literally played nothing but this part of the game for 3 days straight without a single chance at winning. Encouraging words might help. Thanks for letting me rant.
WildHunt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Good luck on your journey to unlocking the stupidest achievement of 2012.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
WildHunt1

Thank you! I think it is the stupidest achievement! But I'm not going to let this keep me from Platinuming this game! Force Unleashed II is still sticking in my craw because I have one freaking achievement in it, and I can't get it to save my life!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I think I completed it after around 80+ attempts. Cost me a controller and an hour of time, lol. I have heard that people completed it with only a few tries, and they are just lucky bastards because this game is all luck. All I can really say is to study a YouTube video guide and prepare yourself for more frustration. My video is in the achievement guide that's stickied up top.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I got the achievement when i stopped caring if anything would hit me or not so i did a speed run up that damn building. after 53 fails, i got it on my 54th try. that achievement can go blow something. i figured if i took risks it wouldn't matter if i failed 1 more time....
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
ckingvengence

ckingrevenge's Gamercard
just do it your own way but use some achievement videos at the crucial moments that keep killing you, i died 21 times before i got this the main bit i was stuck on was the very first bit with two of the tree throwers i watched a video and figured out how, but there is a little glitch where you will move out of the way and it will still drag you down. good luck and hope you get it soon.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Use the age old technique that for me at least, never fails. Have a good few attemps till you start wanting to plant your controller in the wall then shut off the system and leave it. Return following day and get achievement on third attempt. It really does help to come back fresh if it's just not happening for you at the time.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
slimepunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
I got the achievement when i stopped caring if anything would hit me or not
^This. This really is the best way to do it. Amazingly its not in trying so hard.

I think I was ready to throw my controller at the screen at about the 40th attempt and then I thought screw this I'll just shoot stuff... then worked my way up not shooting stuff and got it LOL.

What really upset me is when I got right to the top and got dropped by those stupid opening windows because I was in such a state of amazement that I'd almost reached the top. But I tried a few more times and finally got it.

Take your time, you will get it.
slimepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This achievement is fairly easy aside from the part after the first UFO with the 3 douches spamming stuff side by side on the far right, and the last climb where you have to be extremely careful while manuevering the three lanes.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
A7XSynysterG

I Xenochrist I's Gamercard
Yeah I think I pretty much damned myself by the mere profanities I said to god lol Lol my roomates thought my mom died at one point I was screaming so loud then got something to eat came back and got it first try. Lol

I would rather FC Hannah Montana twice than play another minute of Call of Juarez the cartel.
A7XSynysterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Good luck on your journey to unlocking the stupidest achievement of 2012.
That would be "Get 300 Cross Assault finishes" in SFxT.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
WildHunt1

Day 4

Well, still trying. I have managed to more quickly get past the guy throwing cars, but the very top of the building is what's giving me the most trouble. I sat for an hour today just watching the guys throw stuff down the three lanes, and there was no way I would have been able to move an inch without being hit. I finally just had to shut it off. That achievement is probably going to be the one I won't get in this game at this rate. I wish I could get together with my two friends and just all of us take a turn trying it and see which one of us gets it--maybe have prize or something. LOL.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErmacVersion1 View Post
This achievement is fairly easy aside from the part after the first UFO with the 3 douches spamming stuff side by side on the far right, and the last climb where you have to be extremely careful while manuevering the three lanes.
this is where i died most, once i got past it i only died twice, i did it finally after 18 attempts, it's just a case of patience and learn when to wait and when to go for the opening to move on.

it is a stupid achievement though, glad i have done it.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #14
Zim

Wow feel lucky that it only took me around 12 or so goes now.

Honestly the sad matter of the fact is that this achievement is about 10% skill and 90% luck. As you said it is entirely possible for all the people to throw items at once and there to be no where to go. I don't think I ever died to anything but the guys throwing things.

So just keep trying until you catch a break. The nice thing is that really the rest of it is very easy so you should always be able to reach that last straight and then you just have to hope they throw them in a doable order.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #15
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

I still hate Medal Racer more. If you fail here, it starts here. Failing that stupid last section of Medal Racer means doing the whole fight again. No Fear you die from stupidity, but stupidity that you can see coming. Medal Racer is just poorly coded BS.
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobTwo View Post
I still hate Medal Racer more. If you fail here, it starts here. Failing that stupid last section of Medal Racer means doing the whole fight again. No Fear you die from stupidity, but stupidity that you can see coming. Medal Racer is just poorly coded BS.
Have you even been reading the thread? I'd say it's the other way around, if you fail Medal racer, you did something wrong.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
Have you even been reading the thread? I'd say it's the other way around, if you fail Medal racer, you did something wrong.
I meant stupidity on the game's part. Not the player's part.
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #18
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobTwo View Post
I meant stupidity on the game's part. Not the player's part.
Ah, I see what you mean now. But I don't get what's bad about Medal Racer, coz I didn't really have any trouble with it, other than it not unlocking the first time I tried for some reason. But I'm assuming I just missed a medal or two somewhere, or that the medals in the bus at the start of the level counts.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
Ah, I see what you mean now. But I don't get what's bad about Medal Racer, coz I didn't really have any trouble with it, other than it not unlocking the first time I tried for some reason. But I'm assuming I just missed a medal or two somewhere, or that the medals in the bus at the start of the level counts.
I think the big problem is that you have to be dashing while picking them up or it won't unlock. There are a few places where you basically have to stop so you can get all the medals. It's very easy to accidentally overrun and one of the medals to be collected as you stop

First time I tried it I just walked to pick a load of them up. Often backtracking over to check I had them. Had every single coin and it didn't unlock. Next time tried making sure I was dashing through all of them and got it.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #20
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
I think the big problem is that you have to be dashing while picking them up or it won't unlock. There are a few places where you basically have to stop so you can get all the medals. It's very easy to accidentally overrun and one of the medals to be collected as you stop

First time I tried it I just walked to pick a load of them up. Often backtracking over to check I had them. Had every single coin and it didn't unlock. Next time tried making sure I was dashing through all of them and got it.
I didn't dash while I collected one of the coins when I got it. But backtracking and looking probably messes up the achi.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #21
WildHunt1

Lost count

People with less than 50 tries I'm envious of. I've lost count, but I think I'm somewhere around 200 tries for this achievement and still haven't gotten it. Without shooting something, I don't think I'll be able to get it. There's just too many windows. *sigh*

Thanks the encouragement, guys. I think my best bet is my plan for friends and a prize. LOL.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #22
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
If you've failed that many times, maybe it's time to use another strategy?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #23
slimepunch

It's tricky, but it shouldn't be causing you this much trouble
slimepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #24
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
Managed to get it yesterday after an hour of failing. Fucking suck at Retro games ><

DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #25
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's not so much the retro gameplay element that makes it difficult, but it's the fact that everything is random. A huge part of what makes this achievement obtainable is luck. Luck and patience are vital if you intend to unlock this.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #26
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I woke up and got this trophy this morning (PS3). After that first "tricky" part I just took my time and stopped to observe the patterns of enemy drops and finally made it after about 10 attempts. Just take your time and dont do it after playing for hours.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #27
WildHunt1

Got it!

Finally, after four days of trying, I finally got it! Yes! Yes! YES!!!!!! Another Platinum game is on the way!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #28
Zim

It's funny seeing people mention platinums. Whenever I see that it always makes me wonder why for multiplatform games that have identical lists the forums aren't simply merged. I mean there are two separate guides for lollipop chainsaw on the 360 and Ps3 forum. But the achievement/trophy requirements are the same lol.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #29
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think it's best to have both sites separate. if it wasn't, i think the fangirls would clash everyday. plus i like this community better then the sister sites which has slightly more of them. i used to think it was strange seeing PS3 players post here. but i post over there from time to time so i don't think its strange anymore.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #30
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
10+ attempts until I got frustrated. Shot my way up to take note of where the windows with goons are, retried this morning and got it first time after a good night's sleep.

It's luck, really. Towards the last section, they somehow stopped throwing stuff for a while, and I took the opportunity to scale my way up asap.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote