PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Sniper Elite V2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
stook

Stook85's Gamercard
Better than "Sniper-Ghost Warrior"

Hey Guys,

i have played Sniper Ghost Warrior. Not the best @ all.
My Question is this game comparable to Sniper GW? or is it better?
Should i buy this game - How is your opinion? im undecided.
stook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stook View Post
Hey Guys,

i have played Sniper Ghost Warrior. Not the best @ all.
My Question is this game comparable to Sniper GW? or is it better?
Should i buy this game - How is your opinion? im undecided.
It's similar in that you're moving around trying to complete your objective and killing people along the way. I enjoyed both, but I liked Sniper Elite better because I played the first one on the PC, so my opinion is biased. Also, Sniper Elite has the X-Ray cam so you can see where your bullet goes through the enemy's body and watch as it mutilates their organs. If you didn't enjoy Ghost Warrior, I wouldn't really recommend Sniper Elite because they're both the same concept.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
TheThreeStooges

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
. If you didn't enjoy Ghost Warrior, I wouldn't really recommend Sniper Elite because they're both the same concept.
I HAVE TO DISAGREE!!! Sniper Elite is fantastic I hated GHOST, Elite is 100x more realistic and fun
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
AnX

DodosTeamAnX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThreeStooges View Post
I HAVE TO DISAGREE!!! Sniper Elite is fantastic I hated GHOST, Elite is 100x more realistic and fun
No one can even compare Ghost with Elite. Sniper Ghost Warrior lost its chance at the beging with crappy AI.
Sniper Elite instead took the gameplay concept and give you a wonderfull experience with a good challenge at higher difficulties and great simulation of a real bullet.
AnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ghost Warrior isn't half the game Sniper Elite is. In GW, the AI could see you at midnight, with no moon, in 10' tall grass, from 5 miles away. That was what sucked and ruined that game...to me.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree with the above posts, much better than GW

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I wrote a review of Ghost Warrior. I thought it was a good game, not great by any means. At the time, if I remember correctly, there weren't a lot of games coming out. It was a quick single-player campaign that held my attention.

SEV2 is more fun though. Both can be repetitive. I'm not sure that a "sniper-only" game can be made that isn't repetitive.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #8
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
While Ghost Warrior's gameplay sucked, I did enjoy the tropical environment and new story much more so than Sniper Elite's brown and grey city rubble in WWII.
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Ghost Warrior isn't half the game Sniper Elite is. In GW, the AI could see you at midnight, with no moon, in 10' tall grass, from 5 miles away. That was what sucked and ruined that game...to me.
At the same time, Sniper Elite, somehow enemies know exactly where you are shooting from as soon as you pull the trigger, even if you are way up high and prone behind cover. They find you way too fast IMO even on Cadet. In a realistic setting, you would be able to polish off 5-6 guys before they would have a clue where the shots were coming from, especially in a city where the shot would echo all around making it very hard to pinpoint origion. Either way, Sniper Elite is a very good game. Lacking in some areas, but more than making up for it with somewhat realistic ballistics, and smart AI, maybe a bit too much in some situations.

Kills in SE are very satisfying, especially once you get used to full physics and pull 300 meter headshots. Really fun game if you like sniping.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
PyschoJ2456

PyschoJ2456's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
At the same time, Sniper Elite, somehow enemies know exactly where you are shooting from as soon as you pull the trigger, even if you are way up high and prone behind cover. They find you way too fast IMO even on Cadet. In a realistic setting, you would be able to polish off 5-6 guys before they would have a clue where the shots were coming from, especially in a city where the shot would echo all around making it very hard to pinpoint origion. .

Its because of the sound, they can easily pin point it. you have to use the noise in the area as a distraction
PyschoJ2456 is offline   Reply With Quote