The game froze/Level 12: The Next Presdient

Last night the game froze right after I completed the level. Twice!!! It just shows Robin in the car with Batman standing next to driver's side while it rains. Of course, both times, I didn't get the achievement for this level!Arrrrrgh!!! Has anyone else had any problems similar to this? Any suggestions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem when I went through the story. I just did some free roaming for a little while, and that seemed to have fixed it. I also used the save port on the roof and then exited to Gotham City and went back to the level. Don't know if that has any effect though. Hope this helps.

Before I read your reply, I free roamed in the amusement park and then I went to Level 12 to restart the level. Yesterday, I saved during Level 12 but today the game made me redo the entire level (not from the save point). Right now, I'm looking at another frozen screen. One would think that Tt Games would have gotten all of the kinks out by now. Every LEGO game freezes!!! Arrrgh!!!

I know others have posted what worked and didn't work and I tried a lot of different ways and combos of solutions. I froze at the end of Level 12 on 5-6 separate occasions trying various ways that had been noted. I had installed the game on my HD and was not having any luck with any methods that kept the game installed.

So, what worked for me was the following (which I believe confirms one of the methods above):

1) Deleting the installed game from the HDD (didn't clear cache)

2) Then, playing some in the free roam world to set up new save point

3) Then, starting the level from the very beginning (driving/walking to the point on the map)

4) Playing through entire level without using the checkpoint save at the end.

Once, I finished the level, cut scene worked and I completed the level officially and moved on. Hope it helps...it was becoming a big pain, until it finally worked out.

@JLDUNC, I got back from watching a taping of 'On The Verge'(If you haven't seen this show, please check it out!) at BMCC and was thinking of playing a nice game of LEGO Batman 2 but didn't want to be pissed off by a frozen screen again. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully, it will work for me. If not, I'll be on here bichen (I know that I spelled it wrong; it's a reference to the show 'Psych'). Has anyone beaten the entire game yet? If so, how long did it take? My stats are: 36/150 0/20 11/15 49/250 9/50

I played it three times so far today and it still freezes! I have uninstalled the game from the hard drive, played in free roam, turned subtitles off and on and turned off motion blur. Still no dice!

Edited by Fletch

I had the same problem when I went through the story. I just did some free roaming for a little while, and that seemed to have fixed it. I also used the save port on the roof and then exited to Gotham City and went back to the level. Don't know if that has any effect though. Hope this helps.

I had the same exact problem and did the same thing by trying it again saving on the roof top and exiting to Gotham City. This worked on my first try after it had frozen for me the first 3 times when I tried just replaying from the checkpoint. Not sure if it is coincidence or maybe a possible fix. Thanks!

I had the game freeze once at this point, playing 2 player (if that's even relevant). After that happened I installed to the HDD and flew through it after that. Before the first freeze I actually got stuck and had to back out to the city and pop back into the level because, with me playing as Superman and player 2 as Batman, when the robot slams its fist down and the strength pull bar shows up Superman got jammed under the fist and there was no way to get out from it. So 2-player Lego-ers, beware of that death trap on top of this freezing.

Locked up on me the first time through. I just reset the game, drove to the location and played through again without saving. Worked.

yeah same thing happened to me, i just opened my xbox's disc tray and closed it, let the game load back up and just went to the Batman symbol on the map and continued where the last checkpoint was and it didnt freeze again. i think its just a minor bug they missed

Yay finally got past this. Tried EVERYTHING I could find and nothing worked. It may just be luck of course but for me on my successful go I made sure to NOT get SUPER HERO, made superman shine the spotlight and all the way through the cut scene I kept pressing the guide button, waiting a second, then hitting B to return to cutscene. During the last bit of the cutscene I did this continuously.

Who knows.

I've been having exactly the same issue, tried it co-op and single player,I keep getting to the point where the characters are supposed to drive off,then the screen freezes then the audio completes the scene alone!

I have tried restarting console,playing offline,installing/uninstalling from the hard drive,putting subtitles on,motion blur off,not skipping any cutscenes,not saving on the roof top,not getting super hero...basically everything! Its frustrating as its a decent game to play co-op up to this point!!

I had a freeze on level 12 too, but got thru the second time from the checkpoint save. I did have two other freezes in the game - once in the level with the subway where Superman has to laser the gold on the clown hand, and once on another level.

Fun game, though.

I'm freezing here. Played through 2nd time from checkpoint, froze. Played through again from checkpoint, saved again, froze. Played through again from checkpoint, didnt save again, froze. Rebooted xbox between all these attempts

Doing my head in now. Pretty major bug when it stops story progression like this.

What to try now?