PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Does this game look Army of Two crossed with GOW to anyone else?

I don't know if its just me but this game looks a lot like Army of Two mixed with GOW, any one else think this?

I don't know whether to get it or not ?????
Old 06-23-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
FLIPADELPHIIA

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
I don't know if its just me but this game looks a lot like Army of Two mixed with GOW, any one else think this?

I don't know whether to get it or not ?????
This game is good. Im really judgmental about the games I play, and I can honestly say this game is definitely worth it. Theres achievement trackers and the game lets you switch shoulders when shooting. Already an A+ in my book. If anything Id compare it to AO2 just because of the third person view, but the game works well. Everything works like it should and it feels nice

FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Ok cool ill try it out, is there even any MP achievements in it?
Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #4
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
nope none!

Old 06-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #5
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

I will definitely get it now then lol
Old 06-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I liked the first Army of Two and Gears, so if Spec Ops is like them, it's a win for me. Mine's already paid for.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #7
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I liked the first Army of Two and Gears, so if Spec Ops is like them, it's a win for me. Mine's already paid for.
Good choice man. You wont be disappointed. I cant speak for the multiplayer as of right now, but the single player is entertaining

Old 06-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
nope none!
This to me made it an instant buy but it already was one once I played the demo. Blew me away. Best thing I like is the scale of the buildings and how things feel to you. Really amazing environment they managed to create.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Its strange for a game like this to not have online achievements but hey I ain't complaining.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
That Army Of Two reference probly comes from some pics they showing of the MP with the facemasks ect lol! I played the demo a few times and waiting for its final release here on the 29th..still way to long i think lol.
But i be honest i have a PS3 aswell and i tought why not try the demo there aswell and i know its a sin to mention a PS3 here on an xbox site but as far graphics go they fairly even i must admit at times i think the PS3 graphics looks somewhat better not sure why, then the most important thing that struck me was how better the controls worked for the PS3 i could get headshots way, way more easy then on the xbox360.
The sunglare not seems that strong in the PS3 version tho.
Anyways just wanted to add that
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I keep seeing Terminator Salvation [game].

159 completed games [Includes all DLC]
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I really cannot wait to get this. The demo was excellent!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
Kivlov

Kivlov's Gamercard
No, not in ANY WAY possible.

Both of those games are shit.

This is actually good.
Kivlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #14
Achillez14

Achillez14's Gamercard
I don't think the comparison holds true in either case honestly.don't get me wrong I liked this game but in NO WAY was this game great gameplay wise when it comes to 3rd person shooters.this game has a better campaign then both army of 2's and gears of war 2 but not 1 or 3.

Case n point....the movement in this game is extremely stiff.especially when u consider that ur playing as well trained army operatives.I'm PRETTY SURE that if an army guy is being shot at they can roll left or right to evade danger(ahem yager).

and honestly the shooting isn't anything special either.in my honest opinion its everything OUTSIDE of the gameplay mechanics that makes this game stand out.the story.the shootout scenarios.the musical score is AWESOME.the lack of an in game morality system was a GREAT call.

but in no way does this match up to A02 and DEF not gears from a gameplay stand point.the gameplay is exactly why the MP is a bust.bc all of the other things that make this game awesome aren't there in MP.it's JUST gameplay.which is why it's not that good.

seriously....I can move back n forth from cover to cover as well as cover to cover moving forward without any effort in gears.in spec ops u have to wait n MAKE SURE the on screen display shows u what ur attempting to do.any who says other wise clearly didn't play on fubar difficulty yet(go ahead n try wingin it)and more than likely couldnt get into gears MP bc it's NOT for everybody.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #15
NorseForce28

FondleMySausage's Gamercard
It's closer to Ghost Recon than Army of Two, if you'd compare the two, with the commands and such.
NorseForce28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #16
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard
I think it's pretty unique, it's not all "Captain America" in your face quite like most of the MMS games usually are.

I'm interested in it.

Self Proclaimed Most Hated Member in the X360A Community.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillez14 View Post
I don't think the comparison holds true in either case honestly.don't get me wrong I liked this game but in NO WAY was this game great gameplay wise when it comes to 3rd person shooters.this game has a better campaign then both army of 2's and gears of war 2 but not 1 or 3.

Case n point....the movement in this game is extremely stiff.especially when u consider that ur playing as well trained army operatives.I'm PRETTY SURE that if an army guy is being shot at they can roll left or right to evade danger(ahem yager).

and honestly the shooting isn't anything special either.in my honest opinion its everything OUTSIDE of the gameplay mechanics that makes this game stand out.the story.the shootout scenarios.the musical score is AWESOME.the lack of an in game morality system was a GREAT call.

but in no way does this match up to A02 and DEF not gears from a gameplay stand point.the gameplay is exactly why the MP is a bust.bc all of the other things that make this game awesome aren't there in MP.it's JUST gameplay.which is why it's not that good.

seriously....I can move back n forth from cover to cover as well as cover to cover moving forward without any effort in gears.in spec ops u have to wait n MAKE SURE the on screen display shows u what ur attempting to do.any who says other wise clearly didn't play on fubar difficulty yet(go ahead n try wingin it)and more than likely couldnt get into gears MP bc it's NOT for everybody.
Agreed! I enjoyed the game alot and mostly in terms of storywise as you mentiond the lack or better said missing of dodging and rolling options is a serious miss in Spec-Ops sure on FUBAR where the enemies seem to trow more grenades then on suicide mission. The lack of team IA on this difficulty is realy obvious as Yager tuned down your teams abilitys and upgraded the enemy,s IA.
The cover system is happered by unconsistments as when you run and not want to swap into cover you do, and when your in the thick of enemies firing at you all the sudden that same cover system doesn,t work. Putting the melee attack button and the faulth over cover button on "B" doesn,t make things easier either to many times i tried to fault over cover and ended up hitting the cover with my melee attack instead.
As storywise this is an awesome game, and yes i know there might been better looking games in terms of graphical display, but i still think it looks great tho. Mabye they fix all that in another Spec-Ops so Yager if you read this you know what to change or mabye need to patch
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #18
WogMatt26

II TH3PRO II's Gamercard
Reminds me of bulletstorm, the sand and all that.
WogMatt26 is offline   Reply With Quote