PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Difficult?

Okay, I am still on my first play through for this game, and I am on medium. There have been several points in the game where I have died at least 4 or 5 times. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't know how hard the other difficulties will be if this keeps happening to me on medium.

Does anyone else have any problems with this game, i.e dying a lot at several parts like I am?
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Tactical Tom

Tommy B BRFC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
Okay, I am still on my first play through for this game, and I am on medium. There have been several points in the game where I have died at least 4 or 5 times. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't know how hard the other difficulties will be if this keeps happening to me on medium.

Does anyone else have any problems with this game, i.e dying a lot at several parts like I am?
On your first playthrough of the Story on any Difficulty you will find yourself dying several times.

I've completed two Playthroughs and the first was on Hard and the second was on Old School Difficulty. I died far fewer times on the more taxing "Old School" Difficulty, where you don't have 2nd Chance before dying, simply because I knew the Game better and learned to be better at the Game through experience.

Don't worry about dying too much and enjoy the Game.
Tactical Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
I died countless times on my first hard run and still often on hardcore and oldschool but not as many. The game is unforgiving at times but you will get better as well. Don't worry.

NYM and NYM HC is where they fun starts rolling in.
I died a lot less than on my other runes but each death was annoying because you either had zo restart the chapter or the game.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
OldTymer72

OldTymer72's Gamercard
Quote:

When i started playing this on medium I had the same troubles. I played for a few hours and died ALOT! - then i got the hang of it and started a new game on hard before endning medium and I beat it. Give it time, the game is flawed, but fun. Try not to get frustrated (hard not to). Learn the mechanics and when it works it's really a blast to pull of great moves. Take your time.

Ive beaten all difficulties, but i am having troubles with NYM. I'm not that precise when having a timelimit and it's simply put not fun, so my advice - take your time and know your enemies spawns. You will cry, but in the end you will beat it and enjoy it
Old 06-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
OldTymer72

OldTymer72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhKillswitch View Post
NYM and NYM HC is where they fun starts rolling in.
I died a lot less than on my other runes but each death was annoying because you either had zo restart the chapter or the game.
I'm only at ch 5 on regular nym and I just can't enjoy it. Every death is like a kick in the nuts. I've sorta accepted that nym hc is out of my reach, but i would really like reg nym, but im not sure ill ever beat it... but i couldnt agree more.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTymer72 View Post
I'm only at ch 5 on regular nym and I just can't enjoy it. Every death is like a kick in the nuts. I've sorta accepted that nym hc is out of my reach, but i would really like reg nym, but im not sure ill ever beat it... but i couldnt agree more.
On youtube MarkyShizzle has uploaded platinum walkthroughs of each chapter for NYM.
for NYM HC you can use his other videos or the commented ones of Dropegames.
Helped me a lot.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
okay good I am not the only one. I love the game, I really like the story. Some parts though I just keep dying a lot and I am only on medium. I love the challenge that the game brings, I was just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way.

So is hardcore really really difficult then, if I think medium is a little challenging?
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
So is hardcore really really difficult then, if I think medium is a little challenging?
By the time you get to Hardcore, you'll be more adept at the game. I had a few problems when first playing on Hard but now I can run through every level like it is nothing.

You'll learn techniques such as;

1: Cover is rubbish. You'll get shot more in cover than you would in Bullet Time, strafing left and right. If you don't have any saved up, then yeah, get in cover, fire off a few rounds to earn some BT and go to town.

2: Bullet Time is essential. The game drops substantially in difficulty once you learn how to use BT to its full effect.

3: This may seem to contradict #1 but, if you do use cover, don't press up against it. Instead do the old trick found in almost all TPS games. Crouch or stand behind cover and use your D-Pad to use your gun on the correct shoulder. Then, move along the cover so that you can shoot as the enemy without exposing yourself to them. You will find that you can kill so many people throughout the game without them being able to see you.

4: Painkillers are a must! Learn of their locations. Do not rely on Last Stand as it can hinder rather than help. You'll find in LS that you can't always shoot the target and if you do, you're lying on the floor like a lazy duck. Who will get shot. A lot. Learn when to take PK's as it will help you no end when you come to Old School and Hardcore.

5: Shootdodge looks pretty. It's not pretty. It can help in some cases if you are diving to another piece of cover but if you just jump willy-nilly, you'll end up exactly like that duck who went into Last Stand. Don't end up like that duck.

6: Blind Fire is over-powered. You will get so many head shots while using blind fire that it's unbelievable. Like I said in #1; if you are trying to get some BT, use Blind Fire, you'll kill some enemies and earn a nice chunk on your BT metre.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I died a lot of my first runs. Level knowledge is paramount with this game. I have just finished NYMHC and all in all I have probably completed the game around 15 times. My final and succesful NYMHC run was almost perfect. Surgical you might say lol. I knew all the enemy habits and locations and I was able to headshot most enemies before they knew I was even around lol.

Just keep practicing, watch a few walkthroughs and you'll get the hang of it soon enough.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote