Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterpolDude View Post
I reckon that you would probably get in better shape if you were to go to the gym or purchase some equipment for your home, that's just my opinion anyway.
My buddy pays around 25 bucks a month for the gym, I bought two xbox games and some dumbells and im actually in better shape than him after a year of us doing them

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #32
ryu2050

Dance central 1 and 2 worked wonders for me I have kinect since launch and have only three kinect games kinect adeventutes and d.c 1 and 2
I lost around 25 kg in 18 months and used to play these games regularly for at least 1 hour without following any diet!!!
ryu2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #33
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
I'm going to say that nike one that is coming out it going to be boss for this sort of thing
Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #34
ExKiba

ExKiba's Gamercard
I love the dancing games, but I've tried Your Shape 2012 which is also pretty good. I like having the variety so I don't get bored doing the same workout over and over again.
ExKiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #35
Megatron217

Megatron217's Gamercard
i find dance central works pretty good. fun too
Megatron217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #36
Transistors

Transistors's Gamercard
They really need to make a p90x or insanity game that measures your progress, does an approximate calorie count and keeps track of your form. Could be a killer app for something like kinect.
Transistors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #37
TheRequiem95

TheRequiem95's Gamercard
Weights!

I've put weights on my wrists while playing Fruit Ninja. Start with 1-pound weights and move up to 2 pounds when 1 pound gets easy. It sounds odd, but you will wear your shoulders out! Just know your limits and don't push yourself too hard.
TheRequiem95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #38
Ev0 Fir3 2009

Send a message via Skype™ to Ev0 Fir3 2009

Evo Fire's Gamercard
usually any game would work as long as ur moving around
Ev0 Fir3 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #39
Katten

lorongbroetchen's Gamercard
I'd recommend Your Shape as well as Dance Central. Especially the latter is a lot of fun and calorie burning is a nice side effect.
Katten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Kinect + loosing weight= good luck.

Then again I've never touched a Kinect so what do I know. What I do know is real results only come from both exercise and eating clean. How you get your exercise is your own deal regardless if its with a Kinect, going to a gym, doing home video work outs with Gillian etc.

Either way if your truly wanting to loose weight you need to set a goal, get a plan and then execute. Another way I like to say it: A goal without a plan is just a wish

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #41
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
Abstinence is key my friend.
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #42
thashadyone

RebelToUhmerica's Gamercard
Nike+Trainer looks like it'll be good. I like the fact that Nike+ keeps track of your activity through their own site. On the demo, I had some problems with the tracking. But I think that once I actually play it at my house, it could help out a bit.
thashadyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #43
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thashadyone View Post
Nike+Trainer looks like it'll be good. I like the fact that Nike+ keeps track of your activity through their own site. On the demo, I had some problems with the tracking. But I think that once I actually play it at my house, it could help out a bit.
I used Nike+ for about a month and it just crapped out on me. Doing research I found that it wasn't just me, alot of people have issues with Nike+ software compatibility. Nike+ works just fine on my iPod but when I go to sync up my activities to the Nike+ website it errors out on me. I tried a couple different things to fix it but nothing worked. Eventually I just gave up, I'm not a computer wiz so what do I know??? I contact tech support and they basically just blew me off and said it was my computer.

I just got my first smart phone the other week, ya I know welcome to the 21st century. Anyways, I think there are much better apps out there to use I just haven't had the time to research the subject further. If you find something that works feel free to share

PROUD MEMBER OF
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!

Last edited by JAW LV; 10-16-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #44
thashadyone

RebelToUhmerica's Gamercard
I've only used the Nike+ app on my iPhone. It's pretty consistent, I believe but I'm not keeping manual track of the miles I run either. Nike is really making a push to get people tuned into this program. If you've got a couple hundred dollars to blow, you can get sensors in your shoes. I'm not going to go that far.
thashadyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #45
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thashadyone View Post
I've only used the Nike+ app on my iPhone. It's pretty consistent
Ahhhh that could be my problem right there, the iPod I have is a 4th generation Nano, software is probably shit.

PROUD MEMBER OF
Old 10-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #46
Creetsher

creetsher's Gamercard
I recommend UTC Personal Trainer. I tried many different (Your Shape, Dance Central, etc.) this one I find the most fun and challenging.
Creetsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #47
WhatThaDuece

WhatThaDuece's Gamercard
From the games I have played, Kinect Star Wars has you flailing limbs to the point where it gets tiring pretty quickly.
WhatThaDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #48
BusiedQuasar3

BusiedQuasar3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTs xLuiGi View Post
i would honestly suggest just doing some of the dancing games. you're staying active. the workout specific games don't always track right, and it really is hit or miss. really just causes more frustration than anything most of the time. at least with dancing games, you're still getting a decent workout, having a little bit of fun, and even if it does mess up tracking, you just replay the song and move on with your day.
yes
dancing game can be good for fitness

dancing game like dance central 1,2
BusiedQuasar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #49
DUV3ND0R

DUVENDOR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW LV View Post
What I do know is real results only come from both exercise and eating clean.

A goal without a plan is just a wish

Thatīs the unquestionable truth! I totally agree with you!

or a lot and eating "fast food" allday basis doesnīt get you anywhere...LOL
DUV3ND0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #50
Danny the hero

Danny the hero's Gamercard
UFC personal trainer was a good game, I think I may have lost a couple pounds, definitely helped my cardio, was fun too! Only problem was I got discouraged because while doing workouts my kinect would no longer be able to recognize me. (I guess it's because I was only like 8 feet away from the kinect, and apparently I have to be like 14..)

The game is great, If I move out soon, I'm going to make sure the house I move into has a room big enough to support kinect, I think it has lots of potential...
Old 11-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #51
Zinnwick

Claypoolkid6's Gamercard
Rise of Nightmares

Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures are pretty lame, and Your Shape is honestly targeted more towards women (ball breaker and the generic boxing exercises get old quick). Honestly one of the most fun games for Kinect that I wanted to come back to was Rise of Nightmares. It is awful, yes. But if you can watch B movies you can play RoN and it will have you hacking and slashing for hours. (:
Zinnwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #52
Linx Flame

linxflame's Gamercard
Dance Central is definitely the best workout for me personally because I used to dance. I think if dance is one of your interests it's probably one of the best games to play because it's more fun than work- it's easier to motivate yourself if it's something fun.
Linx Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #53
hoferchr

PriusGuy2004's Gamercard
Smile Re: Best Kinect game for losing weight/working out?

I have used a combination of Kinect titles such as the "Dance Central" games (especially DC2 and DC3 because they track calories and work with the free Kinect PlayFit app). I have also used "Your Shape Fitness Evolved" and "YSFE 2012". I really like those two titles, but both have several noticable bugs that Ubisoft just doesn't seem to want to fix (even though I've reported some of the errors multiple times). I pre-ordered "Nike+ Kinect Training" from the Microsoft Store website recently after trying out the demo. I really liked it, so I am excited to try out a new set of workouts using "Nike+ Kinect Training". I also downloaded the free iPhone app which will connect with "Nike+ Kinect Training". Hoping for good things out of this one!
hoferchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #54
OcR Prunk

OcR Prunk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLfan2468 View Post
I really want to play UFC Personal Trainer after reading so many testimonials, but the fact that it has an glitched/unobtainable achievement turns me off.

a single glitched achievement isnt a good enough reason to not pick up a game 8P

Workout games are supposed to work you out. not boost ur Gamerscore.. however the GS is a plus
OcR Prunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #55
Paul Zap

Paul Zap's Gamercard
Kinect Adventures.
Paul Zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #56
spankysbbq

spankys bbq's Gamercard
Since this thread isnt completely dead yet, I'll chime in. I've found that running through the Reflex Ridge levels 2 times is a good cardio workout if you actually get into it. Jump when you are on the lifts and at every opportunity. It won't take too long but will certainly get the heart rate up.

I am looking forward to checking out the Nike game and Zumba. It will be ugly. Very ugly.
spankysbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #57
TTricky

TTricky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExKiba View Post
I love the dancing games, but I've tried Your Shape 2012 which is also pretty good. I like having the variety so I don't get bored doing the same workout over and over again.
I'm in the same boat. I have a few fitness-style games (Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout, Just Dance 3). I'd say the fitness ones themselves are more geared towards actual fitness - but they get REALLY boring if you play the same one over and over again.

I'd recommend having a selection and mixing up your routine. Variety keeps your interest up and will prevent you from stopping in future due to boredom.

If you want only 1 - My favourite would be Fitness Evolved due to the variety it has within it. I'd go for that.
TTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #58
spankysbbq

spankys bbq's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transistors View Post
They really need to make a p90x or insanity game that measures your progress, does an approximate calorie count and keeps track of your form. Could be a killer app for something like kinect.
I'd be in for that. Especially if you get the t-shirt if it's an Insanity game.

I just picked up Nike+ Kinect today and the first workout was pretty good. It certainly kicked my tail, but I'm a pack and a half a day smoker and haven't really done any exercise for over a year aside from the odd mile or so run once in a while. I can see this one being fun enough with the different exercises and challenges. You just need an appropriate place to pllay. It is perfect for people like me who are a little self conscious at the local gym.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #59
eagerechidna

eagerechidna's Gamercard
In trying most of the workout games, I found that Nike+ has worked the best because it has kept me the most motivated. The four-week schedule that it uses is a good way to track progress better than most of the other games. You don't have to link it to your other Nike+ activities; it does function as a stand-alone exercise program. However, the "fun" level on this game is generally pretty low. If you're looking for something with a little more entertainment quality, the Dance Central series, as many other have suggested, is a great way to get up and active.
eagerechidna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #60
tmnterminator

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagerechidna View Post
In trying most of the workout games, I found that Nike+ has worked the best because it has kept me the most motivated. The four-week schedule that it uses is a good way to track progress better than most of the other games. You don't have to link it to your other Nike+ activities; it does function as a stand-alone exercise program. However, the "fun" level on this game is generally pretty low. If you're looking for something with a little more entertainment quality, the Dance Central series, as many other have suggested, is a great way to get up and active.
I got Nike this Christmas and am pretty stoked to get started with it. Should start it shortly after the new year.