PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
XxStuartxX 1990
 
XxStuartxX 1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 813

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
Green Lantern Is Next?

So I've finished this game to 1000G, and started thinking 'will they release a third Lego Batman' since personally these have been my favourate two.

But the more I thought about it, the more I was leaning towards the next DC Lego game been about the Green Lantern, which isnt a problem as he is probably my second fav DC hero after Batman.

There is one definate hint and three maybe hints that this is infact the case.

Definate Hint:

Ending: Batman asks for help from Green Lantern to rebuild the batcave, the Green Lantern shoots his ring into the air, and it shows Brainiac saying something along the lines of 'I have found it'

Maybe Hints:

Green Lantern: He has a unique power in been the only one that can build green Lego objects, but this feature is rarely used maybe for about five minikits, compare this to another unique ability like Luthor's gun and you'll see a real difference.

Achievements: There are two achievements related to Green Lantern's universe, One for defeating Sinestro as Green lantern, and one for defeating a Lexbot as Brainiac.

Brainiac: When you face brainiac in freeroam he is in the centre of the map indicating he is important and not just crammed in to make up th numbers, and when you defeat him he costs 500,000 studs to unlock, while all the others apart from Manbat cost either 100,000 or 125,000 studs, and he doesnt have a unique ability making him really expensive for someone not related to the plot.


Any thoughts? A'm I right? A'm I crazy?
__________________

Last edited by XxStuartxX 1990; 06-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.
XxStuartxX 1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Creazil
 
Creazil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 800

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
No, it's going to be LEGO Lord of the Rings. There's a trailer for it at the menu actually on "Coming Soon"
__________________



Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
TheXandman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5

Xandman88's Gamercard
I thought that the guy at the end looked a lot like Mongul but I'm not sure, could have been Brainiac. Anyway, I guess they'll be working on some sort of Marvel Heroes title after LEGO Batman and I hope that they'll follow that up with some sort of LEGO Justice League title (I don't see how they really can go back to just Batman after this game and it would open the doors for them to use more enemies - I was kinda disappointed by how few enemies got play in this game's main story)
TheXandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creazil View Post
No, it's going to be LEGO Lord of the Rings. There's a trailer for it at the menu actually on "Coming Soon"
He's talking about the next Lego Batman, not just a Lego game itself...
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,764

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
only thing that confuses me here is if thats brainiac (which it does look like from the playable minifig) then why is he after green lantern, brainiac is supermans enemy
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Rod92905
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 40
I'm thinking...no! For various reasons.....

The Green Lantern movie was a flop...don't see any of the companies involved in this thinking it's a good idea to make a game based on a movie that flopped....

The little ending scene showed Braniac....whose clearly a Superman villain...he's never really had much interaction against Green Lantern.....

Adding that final scene to the fact that they are releasing a Superman movie next year, it would just make sense that the next time we see DC heroes in a LEGO game would be a Batman 3 with Superman as a very dominant focus or just a straight up Sperman LEGO game.

With Superman's extensive rouge's gallery, I expect the next me to be LEGO Superman.
Rod92905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
XxStuartxX 1990
 
XxStuartxX 1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 813

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod92905 View Post
I'm thinking...no! For various reasons.....

The Green Lantern movie was a flop...don't see any of the companies involved in this thinking it's a good idea to make a game based on a movie that flopped....

The little ending scene showed Braniac....whose clearly a Superman villain...he's never really had much interaction against Green Lantern.....

Adding that final scene to the fact that they are releasing a Superman movie next year, it would just make sense that the next time we see DC heroes in a LEGO game would be a Batman 3 with Superman as a very dominant focus or just a straight up Sperman LEGO game.

With Superman's extensive rouge's gallery, I expect the next me to be LEGO Superman.

This would make more sense, I just not a big fan of Superman so I saw a villian in space and instantly thought he was a Green lantern Villian.

Also the way he seems to be talking about Green Lantern, with him commenting after green beam.
__________________
XxStuartxX 1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
bpickell
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 45

hudder92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod92905 View Post
I'm thinking...no! For various reasons.....

The Green Lantern movie was a flop...don't see any of the companies involved in this thinking it's a good idea to make a game based on a movie that flopped....

The little ending scene showed Braniac....whose clearly a Superman villain...he's never really had much interaction against Green Lantern.....

Adding that final scene to the fact that they are releasing a Superman movie next year, it would just make sense that the next time we see DC heroes in a LEGO game would be a Batman 3 with Superman as a very dominant focus or just a straight up Sperman LEGO game.

With Superman's extensive rouge's gallery, I expect the next me to be LEGO Superman.
The only problem with that line of thought is that the Lego Batman games aren't based on movies. So who's to say if they did do a green lantern lego game that it has to be based on a movie.
bpickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Itsgaara
 
Itsgaara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 37

itsgaara's Gamercard
If they do come out with another lego batman I would like to see more GL chars. Maybe all the corps with the black and white lanterns.
But I'm a BIG GL fan.

Last edited by Itsgaara; 06-24-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Being a big green lantern fan.
Itsgaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,764

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod92905 View Post
I'm thinking...no! For various reasons.....

The Green Lantern movie was a flop...don't see any of the companies involved in this thinking it's a good idea to make a game based on a movie that flopped....

The little ending scene showed Braniac....whose clearly a Superman villain...he's never really had much interaction against Green Lantern.....

Adding that final scene to the fact that they are releasing a Superman movie next year, it would just make sense that the next time we see DC heroes in a LEGO game would be a Batman 3 with Superman as a very dominant focus or just a straight up Sperman LEGO game.

With Superman's extensive rouge's gallery, I expect the next me to be LEGO Superman.
the batman ones are based on the comics with completely original stories so how a movie did wouldnt matter and green lantern is popular in the comics

I cant really see them doing a superman game at all, if anything this game shows his big problem... unless theres kryptonite around he is invincible, making a game with him as the central character will be hard because it will just be too easy.

the only thing i can think of would be a green lantern done like this batman, have brainiac team up with sinestro to get the green lantern ring which in that cut scene he was clearly talking about

green lantern has a big enough list of bad guys on his own anyway.. possibly even longer than supermans
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
bpickell
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 45

hudder92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
the batman ones are based on the comics with completely original stories so how a movie did wouldnt matter and green lantern is popular in the comics

I cant really see them doing a superman game at all, if anything this game shows his big problem... unless theres kryptonite around he is invincible, making a game with him as the central character will be hard because it will just be too easy.

the only thing i can think of would be a green lantern done like this batman, have brainiac team up with sinestro to get the green lantern ring which in that cut scene he was clearly talking about

green lantern has a big enough list of bad guys on his own anyway.. possibly even longer than supermans

lol.. not to mention that it would suck playing superman, because every time you fly you have to listen to that stupid music. It was funny for a second, but then it just got plain annoying. Instead of Superman I started using General ZOD, just so I didn't have to listen to that music anymore.
bpickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
XxStuartxX 1990
 
XxStuartxX 1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 813

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
Maybe brainiac goes after the ring as he thinks it will help him defeat Superman? I Don't know I'm just spitballing.
__________________
XxStuartxX 1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #13
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,764

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpickell View Post
lol.. not to mention that it would suck playing superman, because every time you fly you have to listen to that stupid music. It was funny for a second, but then it just got plain annoying. Instead of Superman I started using General ZOD, just so I didn't have to listen to that music anymore.
yeah i know what you mean :P when you first do it its like OHHH cool the music from the movie

then after a few hours your just screaming SHUTTT UPPPPP
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
Efase
 
Efase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: México City
Posts: 887

Efase's Gamercard
Next to the Lord of The Rings, I suppose... But I would definitely love to see a Green Lantern LEGO game.
__________________

Thanks a lot to Gackt


The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #15
Rod92905
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 40
LOL. So true.
Rod92905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,764

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efase View Post
Next to the Lord of The Rings, I suppose... But I would definitely love to see a Green Lantern LEGO game.
yeah we're talking like the next in this particular set, its pretty obvious more DC superheroes are coming since WB owns both companies
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
ChickinOnaChain
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,331

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Green Lantern is a good as any!
__________________

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
Robot God
 
Robot God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 300

Robot God's Gamercard
Green lanterns green building blocks animations were pretty cool although I would much prefer an Avengers lego game.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #19
JohnAizen
 
JohnAizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hueco Mundo, Florida
Posts: 238

JohnAizen's Gamercard
I hope they do make Lego Green Lantern, with the lanterns ring ability and TTs humor I hink it would be a sucess
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #20
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,764

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot God View Post
Green lanterns green building blocks animations were pretty cool although I would much prefer an Avengers lego game.
I wouldnt count it out but they are more likely to stick with DC comics than release marvel ones because its just easier to get licenses for since with marvel comics they have to get them from disney where for DC they just have to give them to themselves.
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #21
Prodigy5281
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 21

Prodigy5281's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxStuartxX 1990 View Post
So I've finished this game to 1000G, and started thinking 'will they release a third Lego Batman' since personally these have been my favourate two.

But the more I thought about it, the more I was leaning towards the next DC Lego game been about the Green Lantern, which isnt a problem as he is probably my second fav DC hero after Batman.

There is one definate hint and three maybe hints that this is infact the case.

Definate Hint:

Ending: Batman asks for help from Green Lantern to rebuild the batcave, the Green Lantern shoots his ring into the air, and it shows Brainiac saying something along the lines of 'I have found it'

Maybe Hints:

Green Lantern: He has a unique power in been the only one that can build green Lego objects, but this feature is rarely used maybe for about five minikits, compare this to another unique ability like Luthor's gun and you'll see a real difference.

Achievements: There are two achievements related to Green Lantern's universe, One for defeating Sinestro as Green lantern, and one for defeating a Lexbot as Brainiac.

Brainiac: When you face brainiac in freeroam he is in the centre of the map indicating he is important and not just crammed in to make up th numbers, and when you defeat him he costs 500,000 studs to unlock, while all the others apart from Manbat cost either 100,000 or 125,000 studs, and he doesnt have a unique ability making him really expensive for someone not related to the plot.


Any thoughts? A'm I right? A'm I crazy?

You could be right, however, your second almost hint is inaccurate. Brainiac is a Superman villain. He really has no connection to Green Lantern. Not really sure why he'd want Lantern's ringh. but seeing as Brainiac is a Superman villain but it's indicating that he wants a GL's ring then the definite hint could very well be that the creators are thinking of doing a straight up Justice League game.....and not just focus on one character...
Prodigy5281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #22
BWOzar
 
BWOzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 112

BWOzar's Gamercard
Brainiac is a Superman villain and I'd bet an awful lot that the ending is a hint that we'll be getting Lego Superman next summer to correspond with the release of Man of Steel.
__________________
BWOzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 AM.