PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Pinball FX 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
alf hockeyfan

alf hockeyfan's Gamercard
dlc question

i downloaded the game yesterday... the free version ( not trial) what i wanna know is whats the difference between the free one and the core - i assume its the tables rome and others are also included!
also which tables are part of packs and which can you only get singular... i i know some single ones are also part of packs... i really like this game but i don`t want to waste MS points double up on tables?
alf hockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
The core pack are the original 4 tables from Pinball FX (the first game) The free game 'Pinball FX2' is just the hub you use to play the tables you've bought or downloaded trials for, it doesn't actually include any tables.

There are packs of 4 and there are single tables, you won't find tables that are avaliable as both single and in packs on XBLA, so you're not running any risk of getting doubles for Xbox 360.

Last edited by Kinkimono; 06-25-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Kinkimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
alf hockeyfan

thanks... its just that i noticed they are spiderman table and a marvel pack! are you saying the marvel single tables are different from the marvel packs?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
There are 3 Marvel packs with 4 tables each, one of them have a Spider-Man table.
I could be wrong but I've never seen any Marvel tables on XBLA sold seperately.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Marvel Collection pack has Spider-Man, Iron Man, Blade and Wolverine. Vengeance and Virtue has Thor, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, and The New X-Men. Lastly, the Avenger Chronicles deals with the Avengers, obviously.

There's also Captain America and Fantastic Four standalone tables.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Personally, all the tables are worth it. They just keep getting better too!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #7
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The beauty with Pinball FX2 is that you can demo each and every table and if you like it then you can buy it (or the pack) that they are included in.

Tehapoc gave an good rundown of the Marvel stuff, but don't overlook the rest of the tables either.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
alf hockeyfan

i have downloaded three tables untill i get more points... i have the paranormal table, ms splosion ( too much pink ) and the defense force ( robot invasion ) one! i think i will get all the tables in a week or two! superb game!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #9
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

My favorite individual table is Epic Quest. One of the best tables Zen has ever produced IMO.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
My favourites are Iron Man, X-Men and Moon Knight.
When I first started my favourites were Sorcerer's Lair and Ms. Splosion Man.

Fear Itself and Avengers table are good contestants for favourite tables but haven't played them enough yet.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
Shabba
Banned User

This game is a rip off I wish I hadn't wasted my time on the first Pinball FX which I got some achievements for when playing. When trying to fully complete I couldn't because of some that were downloaded on the game. Now sadly I can never fully complete. Because the game has upgraded to FX2 and the old game is no longer available. A massive fuck you to this evil company

Now all this game does is put more tables on your existing game. These stack up your base achievements with uncompleted tables. Forcing a download or leaving you having some real bad overall percentage. This product is crap as some tables have ingame errors which they don't bother to fix rather just make another download of more tables. No I don't want to spend 7k mps on all there tables at rip off prices..

I regret the day ever downloading this game...............

Last edited by Shabba; 07-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
This game is a rip off I wish I hadn't wasted my time on the first Pinball FX which I got some achievements for when playing. When trying to fully complete I couldn't because of some that were downloaded on the game. Now sadly I can never fully complete. Because the game has upgraded to FX2 and the old game is no longer available. A massive fuck you to this evil company

Now all this game does is put more tables on your existing game. These stack up your base achievements with uncompleted tables. Forcing a download or leaving you having some real bad overall percentage. This product is crap as some tables have ingame errors which they don't bother to fix rather just make another download of more tables. No I don't want to spend 7k mps on all there tables at rip off prices..

I regret the day ever downloading this game...............
So, wait, a company that makes the game better, lets you transfer over your existing tables for free, better graphics, and physics, etc is now an "evil" company. You're an idiot.

I'm not going to bother replying to your entire post, but how the hell is 200-240 MSP for a table a rip off?

Also, you can still play Pinball FX the original if you want. But, I'll let you figure out how to do that on your own.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #13
Shabba
Banned User

They might not charge 200-240 for a single table.
They might also give there customers a choice of what is wanted and what is unwanted.
They might make their game work properly
I can buy 20-50 pinball tables at 5-20 quid of better quaility everyday of the week in a single pack of software

Unless Xbox Live have put Pinball FX back on their arcade games site it wasn't last time I checked only FX2 then no I cannot play the existing game.

wildmn34 unless you have something intelligent to add your insults make you look that much dumber. As you are not actually saying anything of note the mirror is staring right back at you

Last edited by Shabba; 07-15-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Unless Xbox Live have put Pinball FX back on their arcade games site it wasn't last time I checked only FX2 then no I cannot play the exissting game.
It doesn't have to be on the marketplace for you to play it, you just need to have it downloaded. If you've purchased it before, I believe you can still download it from your Purchase History. I have no problem playing the original Pinball FX.

===
There's nothing wrong with the quality of the tables or their pricing. You have a problem with Pinball FX 2 because you let achievements dictate how you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-15-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Shabba
Banned User

My error is: The FX pinball table had 3 tables with agents, extreme, and speed machine. It is still missing buccaneer and a rocky and bullwinkle for total completion or 200 achieve points. I cannot see any other download option other then to upgrade to FX2. This was my error............. Now forgive my insensitivity or not making myself clear to begin with. How do I get buccaneer and rocky and bullwinkle for FX the original game?

I do not condone this games marketing which is totally greedy, giving a customer no real option other then to download a product or suffer loss of their individual gameplay or score. This is not zen, karma or chi, it is nothing other then greed. On a product that has faults. In a world as shitty as this where money buys a person's soul.

Achievements don't dictate my play although they do play a part in it.

Last edited by Shabba; 07-15-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
RykkChii

Rykk Chi's Gamercard
Well reading this thread has made me give it a try.. If its anything like as addictive as Devil Crash it must be a winner, thanks all
RykkChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
Tobi

Send a message via AIM to Tobi Send a message via MSN to Tobi Send a message via Yahoo to Tobi

HeadShotGoneBad's Gamercard
Quote:
Achievements don't dictate my play although they do play a part in it.
Funny, your achievement percentage seems to be your only complaint. Nobody forces you to buy the tables you don't want, just like nobody forces an arcade to buy the tables they don't want. Your argument is weak.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
Shabba
Banned User

Gee Toby, you must be so clever sadly your not. Instead of thinking about what you type. You just open your mouth and something else comes out. Barely making any sense at all.

If I buy any arcade game I expect to be able to complete it. Pinball FX I quite clearly cannot. This is totally unacceptable. I cannot get the 3 other tables for it monster, buccaneer, and bullwinkle. Proving right off the ball this company is with error, they are only in it for their own profit. While their marketing is again purely for greed. They give customers no choice of what they actually want to buy forcing quite a poor product on them. I say poor product because many of there tables have errors and also have quite bad table designs.

The funny thing is I don't believe the manufactures ZEN are 100% to blame so much as LIVE themselves. As ZEN when starting pinball FX2 show the company LOGO from 2007-2010. Meaning all tables for FX2 have been available for along time now while somebody is turning a fat profit in marketing the way they have.

Of course it is my choice on what to buy it is also my choice on what to complete. However there should be a download option. When a tables is downloaded then its achievements are added not prior. While also having an option to acquire all content related to every game.....

Last edited by Shabba; 07-23-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
Dark Sanji

Dark Sanji's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I get what you're saying.

I was lucky to download the Bucaneer table for free, when they offered it. But I never got to pay for the Monster Mansion or the Rocky & Bullwinkle tables, even they had always been in my "to buy" list. So now it really pisses me off, that they don't let us buy those tables for the first game and import them to the second one. 'Cause now, there are two achievements that I will never be able to get.

I would very gladly pay for them if we could dowload them for both games. But I feel soooo lame, paying for something that I will only take half the profit of it...
If i ever buy those two tables, I know they will be my two last.

I truly regret not getting them in the past, but who could imagine they would do that? U_U

Dark Sanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #20
Shabba
Banned User

I am annoyed it happens alot with Arcade games and normally it isn't always the manufactures fault, but Live themsleves. The way Live turn a profit on their MPS system. Zen's Logo clearly shows the company from 2007-2010. If they were still around then they have no understanding of english. You would never sign your Logo if still a current company with a ending year. This making most of their content, has proably been around for awhile and in much larger table packs.

I am not to bothered about the price of the tables, it in toal about the same as a brand new XBOX game. Although with any game and every game you should be able to fully 100% complete. So not being able to complete Pinball FX is wrong and annoying to say the very least and there should be some resolve on this issue as it is unfair to gamers.

The content is managed by Live, so it really is them to blame.

Last edited by Shabba; 09-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #21
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
The content is managed by Live, so it really is them to blame.
Uh, no. Zen chose to delist Pinball FX1 when FX2 release to promote it, especially since all content could be transferred over anyways. Microsoft cannot force them to keep the content up, and it's not their fault if you (or anybody) failed to get it beforehand.

That's like blaming Wal-mart for not carrying NES games anymore.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Last edited by Veedrock; 09-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #22
Shabba
Banned User

I don't believe what you are saying is correct.

The content on those games is available software from somwhere they don't disappear unless liquidation or closure of a company. It was sold to Live who then placed in there Arcade content. Obviously if LIVE has deleted this content and then when trying to download additional content it updates to only allow FX2. While the company Zen is no longer around being their LOGO clearly reading 2007-2010. It would be no longer supported. Though this blame is from LIVE who have incorrectly managed this download. This issue is happening on many of the older Arcade games. Live manages these games with the prices. While most companies only sell games and there bundles to LIVE who then place them on there systems.

It is not my fault. When buying an Xbox in 2011 the satin black 250Gb. With my starting games, it came with the Pinball FX demo and the game HEX. I choose to buy the Pinball FX game. Then when trying to get the additional tables for it Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Nightmare Mansion. It updated to FX2 and I couldn't get these add-on tables. How is this my fault for having no understanding at this stage of much or even knowing a game could be out of date.

I can give you a clear example of an Arcade game made by Microsoft in 2011 with the same issue of it being with many out of date achievements and incorrectly managed.

Last edited by Shabba; 09-13-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #23
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
How is this my fault for having no understanding at this stage of much or even knowing a game could be out of date.
How is it Microsoft's?

This kind of stuff is covered in the Xbox Terms of Use anyways, which you agreed to when you joined Xbox Live.

Quote:
8. Available Content.

Some content available in the Service may be unavailable from time to time or may only be offered for a limited time due to contractual or other limitations. As such, you may not be able to re-download or re-stream certain content that you have purchased. We have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any content previously purchased. To the extent we receive information from the content owners indicating the date their content will be unavailable, we will endeavor to share this information with you.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 09-14-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #24
Shabba
Banned User

I know the terms of use that don't make them right or fair or justified.

They were marketing there consoles with games that are out of date. The Xbox 360 satin black 250gb was released in the last quarter of 2010. Undoubtedly Pinball FX was updated to FX2 prior to this release so why in the 7 kingdoms was it released with the demo of Pinball FX?

The same goes for Microsoft making an Arcade game in the summer/fall of 2011 retailling this game in 2012 with out of date 2011 achievements in it.

They care little for us gamers it is about profit only. All Pinball FX2 tables are available Zen has already made them when there Company was from 2007-2010. So why release Plants and Zombies a 2010 game the same as Ms Splosion Man another 2010 game. Releasing these tables in the Spring/Summer 2012, obviously for marketing and profit. Undoubtedly there was also much bigger bundles of tables which have been borken down and re-priced individualy making FX2 as expensive as Collector edition game although you don't get the same value as it is no longer supported due to the above.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #25
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
How is it Microsoft's?

This kind of stuff is covered in the Xbox Terms of Use anyways, which you agreed to when you joined Xbox Live.
Veedrock,

It's not worth talking to him. He just talks in circles and doesn't listen.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #26
Shabba
Banned User

Because there is no answer you have provided no solution at all.

You blame the customer and excuse a greedy corporation which care only about profit. In this situation it wasn't the customers fault but mismanaged marketing.

Which seems to be the case with many Arcade. I know for a fact if I took the trouble I could easily obtain an unlicensed copy of FX with those missing tables, and possibly even a genuine copy. Through downloading Via my PC. However why should I go through that trouble when it should be still accessed through my console if it was managed and marketed as intended.

Wildmn34 instead of posting crappy video's with your need to troll dumb responses which show your lack of imagination and any intellect. Why don't you provide feedback of something positive a solution perhaps, but clearly that would be to much for you to endeavour.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #27
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
marketed as intended.
It was intended to come off the marketplace, that's why it's not there.

Quote:
a solution perhaps
There's no solution because it's not actually a problem, what do you want us to say?

Quote:

Old 09-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #28
Shabba
Banned User

It is a problem the game is stilll being sold but without being able to fully complete.

Now maybe for someone like you who lives away from the rest of gamers, then you haven't got a problem. The rest of us like our games and every game to be able to be completed 100%. This the entire point of playing them. Have a problem

It is still an active download on the marketplace so there is a problem.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #29
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
It is still an active download on the marketplace
No it's not. Find it on xbox.com and I'll admit I'm wrong. But you won't find it, because it's page no longer exists. Doesn't look very active to me.

Purchasing it through the trial is a workaround, that does not make it active.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 09-14-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #30
Shabba
Banned User

Well gee thank fuck for that.........

Sadly though it is to little too late it should have been removed years ago before being placed as a demo on brand new consoles. When it was already out of date then. It was still active last time I check a year ago.

Although this doesn't resolve this issue as that addon software can still be obtained via the internet though not through this games downloadable content.

Now this is issue is with alot Mircosoft's marketing overall. There many games which are being placed with the games add-on achievements in the starting games core, prior to obtaining that games add-on. This is just greed and in the end that kind of marketing robs gamers of completion as these games add-ons are no longer available. Mircosoft is a prime example of this, making a game last year with exculsive 2011 achievements. This game is still current now. When purchased and downloaded via the marketplace, you can no longer purchase the add-on. Yet all those achieves are still active within the games core. This kind of marketing is incorrect serving only one purpose and caring little for its customers. It should be stopped altogether, or the games when current should have those achievements removed from their core download via simple update.

Now I don't entirely care for achievements so much as the gameplay, However when I cannot complete a game 100% due to this annoyance. I have a problem and I guarantee I am not the only one, it needs to be resolved with a simple update removing that content from the games core upon purchase.

Last edited by Shabba; 09-14-2012 at 11:31 AM.