Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks a ton dude!
A Polish Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #92
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I finally finished this game up. Thanks so much for this guide. It would've taken so much longer to get the Historian achievement without it. Very well done. Thanks again.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #93
IAizenI

xxTrixie4Lifexx's Gamercard
18.The Vita Chamber (Suchong) - Control Room, on the desk to the left of the entrance.

I can't back back in there, but it isn't marked by an asterik so, just wondering if anybody can help me out. Thanks.
IAizenI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #94
Cold Rival

Send a message via MSN to Cold Rival

Cold Rival's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I beleive that's one of the ones that you must pick up as you enter the room, because you can't go back.

(I've not played thie for ages, so I can't be 100% sure.) However, if I'm right, then the only way you can get it is by replaying... Sorry dude.
Cold Rival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #95
IAizenI

xxTrixie4Lifexx's Gamercard
Crap, lol, that sux, I went through getting all the other ones b4 that becuased I believed I could pick it up, such as life, Thanks for the info man. Guess I'm playing it again.
IAizenI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #96
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAizenI View Post
18.The Vita Chamber (Suchong) - Control Room, on the desk to the left of the entrance.

I can't back back in there, but it isn't marked by an asterik so, just wondering if anybody can help me out. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Rival View Post
I believe that's one of the ones that you must pick up as you enter the room, because you can't go back.

(I've not played thie for ages, so I can't be 100% sure.) However, if I'm right, then the only way you can get it is by replaying... Sorry dude.
Yeah you can't go back there once you kill that guy (avoiding spoilers, you know who). I am 100% sure.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #97
Heron T Beagle

I am missing one diary! not what she wanted from the medical pavillion. the guide says search the corpse stienman was working on and i must have missed it the first time. the corpse is no longer on the table. any idea if this diary will pop up anywhere else or am i going to have to start over?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #98
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron T Beagle View Post
I am missing one diary! not what she wanted from the medical pavillion. the guide says search the corpse stienman was working on and i must have missed it the first time. the corpse is no longer on the table. any idea if this diary will pop up anywhere else or am i going to have to start over?
You need to start over, sorry that is one that you need to pick up first time around.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #99
CoNcEpT 09

Very nice guide.
CoNcEpT 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #100
orp08

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Search with telekinesis everywhere near... It wont dissappear cause i remember i missed 1 in Herphasteus that was in a corpse as well and after searching for a while, i found it, so maybe go to the next area (Neptunes Bount) and return, and see if it "repawns".
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #101
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp08 View Post
Search with telekinesis everywhere near... It wont dissappear cause i remember i missed 1 in Herphasteus that was in a corpse as well and after searching for a while, i found it, so maybe go to the next area (Neptunes Bount) and return, and see if it "repawns".
No, the doors lock there is no way back into his operating room. There was a report about this before, about door being locked. Never heard of the body disappearing though.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #102
orp08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
No, the doors lock there is no way back into his operating room. There was a report about this before, about door being locked. Never heard of the body disappearing though.
Really??? oops my bad... thank god you were here to clear things... i knew of the diarys in Herphasteus and Welcome that you couldnt come back, but never heard of this one...
Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #103
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Really??? oops my bad... thank god you were here to clear things... i knew of the diarys in Herphasteus and Welcome that you couldnt come back, but never heard of this one...
Yeah the people that missed this one apparently didn't play the game as hardcore as the original trailblazers.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #104
Heron T Beagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post

nah the doors arent locked i can go in and out of there just no body in it the ones hanging in the air are still there but they have nothing on them
Old 01-09-2008, 04:46 AM   #105
orp08

Quote:
nah the doors arent locked i can go in and out of there just no body in it the ones hanging in the air are still there but they have nothing on them
Hmmm... i will load my save tomorrow and check, cause i never heard of doors locking but again, i didnt missed that diary and didnt went back for it so i cant tell... but i'll check on 1 of my saves.
Edit... so they were not close after all...
Glad telekinesis helped.

Last edited by orp08; 01-10-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #106
Heron T Beagle

Quote:

holy crap! so i go ahead and get all the rest while finishing the game just in case. once done i go back to the medical place and go in there with the telekenesis and search with it. mind you i have spent about 30 minutes in this room before, and out of nowhere it sucks a body up and it had the diary on it. thanks alot for the idea i got 1000 off one play through now if i can make myself go again.....
Old 01-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #107
Quiet Killda 102

Quiet ZED 446's Gamercard
You made a major mistake!!!!!!

You forget to tell us you can't go back to daries 18, 19, 20 on Rapture Central Control!!!! Becuase you didn't tell me this, i wasted 5 hours trying to find these, but now i can even get them all becuase your guide which i was following never said you couldn't go back to these! fix this right away

I see other people have this problem too. Your guide is great though, just some minor mistakes

100% completed retail games:
BioShock, Halo 3, Amped 3, COD4, King Kong, Kameo: Elements of Power
100% completed arcade games:
DOOM, Marble Blast Ultra
50% - 99% complete retail games: 11
50% - 99% complete arcade games: 6

Last edited by Quiet Killda 102; 01-12-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: editing
Quiet Killda 102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #108
orp08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Killda 102 View Post
You made a major mistake!!!!!!

You forget to tell us you can't go back to daries 18, 19, 20 on Rapture Central Control!!!! Becuase you didn't tell me this, i wasted 5 hours trying to find these, but now i can even get them all becuase your guide which i was following never said you couldn't go back to these! fix this right away

I see other people have this problem too. Your guide is great though, just some minor mistakes
Well thats on faqs as well, how many questions/ comments are you going to make that are already there??? Seriously check it.
And not also is on faqs but those diarys were mentiones in tons of posts and threads so everyone who entered ussually on forums could see, i do agree the guide must be updated for the guys that are finishing until now (and didnt see the old threads), you could also send him a private message so he updates this, but if you had checked Faqs this wouldnt happened to you or everyone for that matter.

Last edited by orp08; 01-12-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #109
Hataro Hanzo

Hataro Hanzo's Gamercard
trash man thanks for posting the audio diary for andrew ryan first encounter was the same on my game

Last edited by Hataro Hanzo; 01-13-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Hataro Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #110
UDGuy

UDGuy's Gamercard
Good guide, has been working for me.

UDGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #111
Likkel

Van Uden's Gamercard

Awesome guide, this is really gonna help, thanks a lot
Old 01-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #112
Shinkuu

Shinkuu's Gamercard
Quote:
Well thats on faqs as well, how many questions/ comments are you going to make that are already there??? Seriously check it.
And not also is on faqs but those diarys were mentiones in tons of posts and threads so everyone who entered ussually on forums could see, i do agree the guide must be updated for the guys that are finishing until now (and didnt see the old threads), you could also send him a private message so he updates this, but if you had checked Faqs this wouldnt happened to you or everyone for that matter.
Sorry, but that is kind of a jerk thing to say. What about people who thought this guide was accurate and thus believed they didn't need to check an FAQ?

I wanted to avoid spoilers as much as possible but I also wanted to avoid multiple playthroughs if I could help it, so I checked the achievement guide but didn't go reading every FAQ and forum thread I could find. Unfortunately, due to those missing asterisks I was one single audio diary away from the Historian achievement.
Shinkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #113
Jagsfreak27

Jagsfreak27's Gamercard
Awesome guide I got 3 achievements off af this guide!!!

GAMES 1000
Halo 3
Madden 08
King Kong
Fight Night Round 3
Viva Pinata (Not playing for 25 more hours)
Madden 06
ALOMST
Gears of War 1070/1250
Bioshock 950/1100
Gears of War 2 910/1000
Jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #114
orp08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
Sorry, but that is kind of a jerk thing to say. What about people who thought this guide was accurate and thus believed they didn't need to check an FAQ?

I wanted to avoid spoilers as much as possible but I also wanted to avoid multiple playthroughs if I could help it, so I checked the achievement guide but didn't go reading every FAQ and forum thread I could find. Unfortunately, due to those missing asterisks I was one single audio diary away from the Historian achievement.
Well 1st of all this game is so good you need to be a retard for only playing it once, i played the first one without any guides or anything to enjoy and gain whatever achievements i could, well i played it on hard cause i knew it was an achievement, then on my second playthrough i checked this guide and for my surprise i realized i had almost every diary without the guide so i just returned for the ones i needed, then on my 3 playthrough i did the brass balls long time from the first 2 playthroughs, i enjoyed all of them, this is an awesome game not some random shooter.
2nd if i got all the diarys that couldnt be found after you passed a certain part of the game, its cause they were hard to miss if you look around the rooms, the ones on Herphasteus were almost impossible to miss, while the ones on Welcome were easy as long as you explored, again this was mentioned so many times it was hard to miss it once you checked the guides.
Im not saying it shouldnt be updated, it should but if you checked the 1st page of Faqs this wouldnt happen to you or anyone and the reason i said that way to the other guy was cuase he made a thread for a question that was on Faqs as well, and as it says: "Look here before asking questions".
Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #115
Shaun Cee

cheers man this is a great guide and will help when i go looking for all of these diaries on may hard run-through
Shaun Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 AM   #116
xX Z3pp3lin Xx

Send a message via AIM to xX Z3pp3lin Xx

xX Z3pp3lin Xx's Gamercard
Very Nice!!
xX Z3pp3lin Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:31 AM   #117
smurf 0069

oooo Smurf oooo's Gamercard
Hi, how do you get back into the control room for diary no 18 on Hephaestus, it's the last one on that level i need.
Map and instructions are great by the way.
also any idea on what you need to get the Research PHD achievement, i have maxed out on all the research ones on the list but what else is req'd
smurf 0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 AM   #118
orp08

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf 0069 View Post
Hi, how do you get back into the control room for diary no 18 on Hephaestus, it's the last one on that level i need.
Map and instructions are great by the way.
also any idea on what you need to get the Research PHD achievement, i have maxed out on all the research ones on the list but what else is req'd
If you already passed this part im sorry to say it but you cant retrieve it, its one of the few you cant come back for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKing240 View Post
**The Vita Chamber (Suchong) - Control Room, on the desk to the left of the entrance.
  1. Mind Control Test (Suchong) - Control Room, on the table beneath the clippings and photos.
  2. Baby Stratus (Suchong) - Control Room, on the table beneath the clippings and photos.
  3. **This one must be collected before leaving the control room, you can not return to this location.
The research phD requires to research all the splicers, big daddys, little sisters, security cameras, robots and turrets (this 3 dont give individual achievements but count towards phD)... if you have all the other research achievements then check on those 3 to see which ones are missing.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #119
smurf 0069

oooo Smurf oooo's Gamercard
Smile

Thanks for the help and advice, appreciate it.

If I restart a new game and forget about the rest of the diaries, as soon as I get that one in the control room will the acheivement unlock ?

its possibly the turret ones i need. thinking about it.

I see you baby, shakin' that ASS

smurf 0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #120
orp08

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf 0069 View Post
Thanks for the help and advice, appreciate it.

If I restart a new game and forget about the rest of the diaries, as soon as I get that one in the control room will the acheivement unlock ?

its possibly the turret ones i need. thinking about it.
Nope you have to collect all the diaries in the same playthrough, just be careful about the 2 diarys in welcome to rapture and the diaries in the control room in herphasteus those are the only ones you cant retrieve.
For the research remember that if you have complete the research of some kind on top a message will say: "Subject research complete, photo not taken."