PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
mugginyouoff

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
DX add-on work with Dreamcast collection disc?

Bit of a jip it's not on the disc anyway but just wondering if anyone knows if it works. I remember reading/hearing that it doesn't when the disc first came out.

Just wanna know if they fixed this (or if it was ever true). Thanks!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I'm pretty sure it works, but I'm also pretty sure I read that people with the disc were having issues with the DX achievements
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
mugginyouoff

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
That may be what I read. Was a long time ago so I don't really remember. Thanks for the reply, guess I will search around for info.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
The DX add on does work with the Dreamcast Collection disc but annoyingly the Achievements don't.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
The DX add on does work with the Dreamcast Collection disc but annoyingly the Achievements don't.
are you sure about this? I definitely want to know the correct answer, since I too have the disc, the deal only lasts another day and I don't want to throw away my points. the person on the thread in the xbox forums forced the achievements to update through recovering the gamertag...

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x...84/118812.aspx
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer85 View Post
are you sure about this? I definitely want to know the correct answer, since I too have the disc, the deal only lasts another day and I don't want to throw away my points. the person on the thread in the xbox forums forced the achievements to update through recovering the gamertag...

To me that topic sounds like the DLC achievements just weren't showing at all (the game showed X/200 | X/12 on his achievement lists), not that they weren't unlocking. All the testing we did several months ago couldn't resolve issues for the DLC achievements with the Dreamcast Collection, and we haven't heard any kind of update about it being fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
shaunRISING

warm slurm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
To me that topic sounds like the DLC achievements just weren't showing at all (the game showed X/200 | X/12 on his achievement lists), not that they weren't unlocking. All the testing we did several months ago couldn't resolve issues for the DLC achievements with the Dreamcast Collection, and we haven't heard any kind of update about it being fixed.
I have the Dreamcast Collection and I have 130 Emblems... if I downloaded SA (1.5gb version) from the dashboard and ran my game off of that would I be able to get the achievement w/o re-doing the Emblems?
shaunRISING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
How does one even find the 1.5gb version of SA? All I get is 1.6gb (or technically, the 1.5gb version that shows up as 1.6)
chaoschao222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
Fried Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer85 View Post

he's right. I bought the DLC on sale this week, popped in the DC collection disc and played sonic adventure. The DX add-on works fine with it! I had the DLC before I played the game for the first time, everything turned up properly in my gamer card. 0/15 achievements 0/250 gamerscore.

Played the game start to finish collecting all 130 emblems and went for the Metal Sonic achievement and it doesn't come up at the trial character select like its supposed to. Picking to play as Metal, completing a few stages, nada. Nothing seems to work.

Even after buying the game off of XBLA and downloading it a few times for this mythical 1.5 gb version and trying to coax it into unlocking several different ways, still not working.

no random friend requests accepted.

Last edited by Fried Cola; 06-25-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Cola View Post
he's right. I bought the DLC on sale this week, popped in the DC collection disc and played sonic adventure. The DX add-on works fine with it! I had the DLC before I played the game for the first time, everything turned up properly in my gamer card. 0/15 achievements 0/250 gamerscore.

Played the game start to finish collecting all 130 emblems and went for the Metal Sonic achievement and it doesn't come up at the trial character select like its supposed to. Picking to play as Metal, completing a few stages, nada. Nothing seems to work.

Even after buying the game off of XBLA and downloading it a few times for this mythical 1.5 gb version and trying to coax it into unlocking several different ways, still not working.
I have no idea why they have replaced the 1.5gb version with the 1.6gb version again , that was what was causing the achievements to glitch in the first place.

Everything has been fixed since December , now that another sale has popped up they seemed to have screwed it all up again. Useless.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Fried Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
Everything has been fixed since December , now that another sale has popped up they seemed to have screwed it all up again. Useless.
THAT'S OUR SEGA!

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Thank you so much guys for the response.

I was about to pick up the DLC but luckily I decided to check the forums first. Ok I guess I can't complete this shit although I liked the game
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote