PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #31
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI C0uch P0tat0 View Post
You should make it clear you have to play on Suicide to unlock FUBAR because I didn't know and now I might have to do three playthroughs.

And I'm guessing the roadmap is still a work in progress.
Sorry if it's not clear, but the roadmap says 2 playthroughs, and lists the difficulties.

I need to add more descriptive text for the single player section of the roadmap but that is to come.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #32
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Great job and thanks for cranking the guide out in good time Maka ! But I had a question on the weapon achievements. Do the kills needed for each class count for more then one playthrough? or do they need to be in one single game?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #33
FLIPADELPHIIA

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL View Post
Great job and thanks for cranking the guide out in good time Maka ! But I had a question on the weapon achievements. Do the kills needed for each class count for more then one playthrough? or do they need to be in one single game?
all stats carry over, even if you choose new game

FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #34
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Damned if You Don't - 10
Buck the chain of command.

Right in the beginning of Chapter 9, rappel down and continue on. After the cutscene, will be surrounded by snipers. You can either follow their orders and shoot the civilian or you disobey and shoot the soldier.
For this achievement, shoot the soldier. The game automatically saves after your decision, so you will have to get the achievement for the other decision using chapter select, or another playthrough.

Damned if You Do - 10
Follow your orders.

Right in the beginning of Chapter 9, rappel down and continue on. After the cutscene, will be surrounded by snipers. You can either follow their orders and shoot the civilian or you disobey and shoot the soldier.
For this achievement, you have to follow their orders. Do not open fire on them, and shoot the civilian. The game automatically saves after your decision, so you will have to get the achievement for the other decision using chapter select, or another playthrough.
well, this part of the guide is incorrect. i shot the soldier and still got the "damned if you do" achievement.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
well, this part of the guide is incorrect. i shot the soldier and still got the "damned if you do" achievement.
For "Damned if you don't", make your way to the right hand side, behind the car, and open fire on the enemies. For this scenario, you must kill all the snipers, and save Adams.

For "Damned if you do", follow the order, and shoot the hanging civilian. I will reword, and organize all the decision achievement shortly.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #36
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
all stats carry over, even if you choose new game

Thank you good sir !
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
Yea sorry I had updated that part of the guide a while back put I forgot to send it to Maka.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #38
D!Qn3*

DiQn3's Gamercard
Just wanted to add that AA12 Shotgun also count towards Heavy Arms achievement.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Live by the Creed!
D!Qn3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #39
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

I've went through and changed all final solutions to green. The ones that have remained black still need to be looked over and rewritten.

Any feedback is always welcome!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #40
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i cant believe no one has disputed the 3/10 yet. i'm being spammed with grenades while playing through on Suicide and just finished chapter 6.. that level was brutal. Definitely not a 3/10 for me... Im struggling enough to say its a 6/10.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #41
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Excellent guide. When I finished on suicide, do I have to start a New Game on Suicide or can I do chapter select?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #42
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNELSON View Post
Excellent guide. When I finished on suicide, do I have to start a New Game on Suicide or can I do chapter select?
now this one Im not sure of, but I personally went to new game. All your stats carry over and intel so i would start new game on FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!Qn3* View Post
Just wanted to add that AA12 Shotgun also count towards Heavy Arms achievement.
Are you sure? I had gotten my heavy weapon achievement waaay before this but I know for a fact an AA-12 is a shotgun so I would think it goes in the shotgun category

Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 06-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #43
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
One more question. I presume this, but in chapter 15 when you choose to kill the guy or not, you will still get the FUBAR achievement if you choose NOT to shoot the guy and skip the epilogue?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #44
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNELSON View Post
One more question. I presume this, but in chapter 15 when you choose to kill the guy or not, you will still get the FUBAR achievement if you choose NOT to shoot the guy and skip the epilogue?
absolutely

Old 06-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #45
R Miller 69
Banned User

R Miller 69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I got damned if you do even though I killed no one. I shot at the civilian but I hit his rope and he fell and ran away. I might be wrong because honestly that whole part was confusing to me. I thought at first I shot the soldier.
R Miller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #46
stook

Stook85's Gamercard
Great job!! i hope i get the delivery tomorrow, so that i can check out your guide. =)
stook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #47
D!Qn3*

DiQn3's Gamercard
Are you sure? I had gotten my heavy weapon achievement waaay before this but I know for a fact an AA-12 is a shotgun so I would think it goes in the shotgun category[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does count. Played chapter 14 where you have to kill Jurggernaut and you can pick up his AA12.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Live by the Creed!
D!Qn3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #48
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI C0uch P0tat0 View Post
You should make it clear you have to play on Suicide to unlock FUBAR because I didn't know and now I might have to do three playthroughs.

And I'm guessing the roadmap is still a work in progress.
To his defense before a guide existed for this game I knew you had to play it on suicide. The game tells you that you have to beat all chapters on Suicide in order to unlock FUBAR right in the section of choosing difficulty.

Good Job on the guide for all involved.

Last edited by DOPE BOI; 06-28-2012 at 07:13 PM.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
jblack240

jblack240's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
For "Damned if you don't", make your way to the right hand side, behind the car, and open fire on the enemies. For this scenario, you must kill all the snipers, and save Adams.

For "Damned if you do", follow the order, and shoot the hanging civilian. I will reword, and organize all the decision achievement shortly.
You get "Damned if you do" if you shoot either one. I shot the soldier my first time through and got the achievement for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
Are you sure? I had gotten my heavy weapon achievement waaay before this but I know for a fact an AA-12 is a shotgun so I would think it goes in the shotgun category
The achievement tracker was showing up as Heavy Arms kills when I was using it.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #50
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

I've changed the AA-12 to heavy (even though it is technically a shotgun).

I've also added P90 to SMG and Pistols category.

I've also added a video to Close Combat Carnage (4 shotgun kills in 10 seconds).

I've edited the roadmap to include much more detail.

And I've done some general formatting.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #51
x2FG Genius

x2FG Genius's Gamercard
Where is a good place to get the airspace control achievement i beat the campaign and still dont have it
x2FG Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #52
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
i cant believe no one has disputed the 3/10 yet. i'm being spammed with grenades while playing through on Suicide and just finished chapter 6.. that level was brutal. Definitely not a 3/10 for me... Im struggling enough to say its a 6/10.
I just got to chapter 12 on Suicide and have died maybe 1-2 times on most levels which is pretty standard for an FPS these days unless you play on recruit. I think 6 is too high, it should be a 5 tops
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #53
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND View Post
I just got to chapter 12 on Suicide and have died maybe 1-2 times on most levels which is pretty standard for an FPS these days unless you play on recruit. I think 6 is too high, it should be a 5 tops
Thank you. I really feel even 5 is too much. 4 if anything just because of FUBAR. Theres no mp achievements, collectables are painfully easy, checkpoints are extremely forgiving, and it takes maybe 4 hours to complete the game. Im telling you, FUBAR is not as hard as people are making it out to be. If one method is not working out for you, try something totally different. Instead of going left, go right. Instead or you shooting, have your partners shoot. Just dont get caught up in a monotony, because then thats where luck comes into play. If you keep doing the same method over and over again with the same result, then yes you will have to get lucky in order to get past it. Just play smart!

Old 06-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #54
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Guide is looking great. I don't have the game yet but will pick it up soon, I'll definitely be looking to this guide for help.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #55
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Maka, you couldn't of missed them but I've sent you millions of PMs with updates .

So everyone know, hopefully Maka will get around to adding the information I've sent him tonight! It involves getting all the misc achievements by around Chapter 4, leaving you to simply concentrate on getting all the gun kills, collectabel - which isn't really any bother - and then those choice related ones.

Everything can be boosted early on by restarting checkpoints, and achievements also include grenade/small arms kills. Trying things out, I got all the following achievements up to the turret point in Chapter 4;

Deer Hunter - Spotter - Applied Force - Army of One - Preventive Diplomacy - Battle Management - Marksman/Grenade/Small Arms - Blind Luck - Good Training - Airspace Control - 3 story related.

There's obviously some I didn't get, but they were mainly because of no luck or I was restarting a lot. Some of the other misc ones I haven't mentioned you can get this early, but are easier to grab a little later one. I've also tried Situational Awareness with 3 different sand situations, but it seems none of them have worked yet all 3 were different ways... So it seems chapter 10s way is the best apparently.

So hopefully we'll get this updated soon, so you have a much easier ride and time to get all the gun kills!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 06-29-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #56
azGRIMES

azGRIMES's Gamercard
I made a really easy video on how to get the "Situational Awareness" Achievement in Chapter 10. Might be useful for some people who didn't get it on the first play through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD4nTqGdaos
azGRIMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #57
azGRIMES

azGRIMES's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2FG Genius View Post
Where is a good place to get the airspace control achievement i beat the campaign and still dont have it
This video should help you here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm40pGvr-VQ
azGRIMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #58
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Maka, you couldn't of missed them but I've sent you millions of PMs with updates .

So everyone know, hopefully Maka will get around to adding the information I've sent him tonight! It involves getting all the misc achievements by around Chapter 4, leaving you to simply concentrate on getting all the gun kills, collectabel - which isn't really any bother - and then those choice related ones.

Everything can be boosted early on by restarting checkpoints, and achievements also include grenade/small arms kills. Trying things out, I got all the following achievements up to the turret point in Chapter 4;

Deer Hunter - Spotter - Applied Force - Army of One - Preventive Diplomacy - Battle Management - Marksman/Grenade/Small Arms - Blind Luck - Good Training - Airspace Control - 3 story related.

There's obviously some I didn't get, but they were mainly because of no luck or I was restarting a lot. Some of the other misc ones I haven't mentioned you can get this early, but are easier to grab a little later one. I've also tried Situational Awareness with 3 different sand situations, but it seems none of them have worked yet all 3 were different ways... So it seems chapter 10s way is the best apparently.

So hopefully we'll get this updated soon, so you have a much easier ride and time to get all the gun kills!
I will get to your 7 PMs sometime tomorrow!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #59
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Damned if You Don't & Damned if You Do

I'm not sure chapter select works for this. I did "Damned if You Do" first and it unlocked all fine.

I then quit the game, selected the level again and restarted it. Seeing as these achievements are right at the beginning, I thought I'd get them out the way. This time I chose the other decision given to me, and no achievement unlocked.

I tried it again, and still nothing. So this will have to be done I think on another new game playthrough or you have to complete the level first before you can retry. So I'm not sure if because of this, it also counts for the other decision making achievements that save right after?

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #60
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Damned if You Don't & Damned if You Do

I'm not sure chapter select works for this. I did "Damned if You Do" first and it unlocked all fine.

I then quit the game, selected the level again and restarted it. Seeing as these achievements are right at the beginning, I thought I'd get them out the way. This time I chose the other decision given to me, and no achievement unlocked.

I tried it again, and still nothing. So this will have to be done I think on another new game playthrough or you have to complete the level first before you can retry. So I'm not sure if because of this, it also counts for the other decision making achievements that save right after?
you can chapter select. thats how I made the videos. I just got one achievement and then quit, chapter select and did the other decision. Make sure your shooting the snipers and not the hanging soldier