PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #61
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
you can chapter select. thats how I made the videos. I just got one achievement and then quit, chapter select and did the other decision. Make sure your shooting the snipers and not the hanging soldier

Spec Ops: The Line Damned if You Do + Damned if You Dont Achievement/Trophy HD - YouTube
So I was doing it right, to what the achievement description said, that Maka has written down. So that is wrong and needs changing. I was shooting the soldier, as told but it's the snipers I need to hit. So when you get a chance Maka, you'll need to change that one!

Also, add the AA12 to the shotgun list for weapon kills. Though it shoots like a machine/assault gun it's actually a shotty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 06-30-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #62
FLIPADELPHIIA

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
So I was doing it right, to what the achievement description said, that Maka has written down. So that is wrong and needs changing. I was shooting the soldier, as told but it's the snipers I need to hit. So when you get a chance Maka, you'll need to change that one!

Also, add the AA12 to the shotgun list for weapon kills. Though it shoots like a machine/assault gun it's actually a shotty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun
lo Yea we had that debate earlier. Technically and in real life, the AA-12 is a real shotgun, but we had numerous people confirm that while getting AA-12 kills, there heavy weapon counter went up. The only time you get the AA-12 is in chapter 14 so I already had both those achievements but others have confirmed this. Might want to double check just to be 100%. But your are right, the AA-12 is a shotgun

FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #63
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
lo Yea we had that debate earlier. Technically and in real life, the AA-12 is a real shotgun, but we had numerous people confirm that while getting AA-12 kills, there heavy weapon counter went up. The only time you get the AA-12 is in chapter 14 so I already had both those achievements but others have confirmed this. Might want to double check just to be 100%. But your are right, the AA-12 is a shotgun
I just got the AA12 in Chapter 10. Well I had all the gun kills up to that point, so I can't test it out.

Also, you'll want to change the descriptions for Unfriendly Fire & Friendly Fire. I'm not sure if it saves if you do Unfriendly Fire first, but I just shot Riggs, go the achievement straight away and I've literally restarted the checkpoint and tried the other decision and got Friendly Fire.

There's no save point. So you can do both right away!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #64
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
I just got the AA12 in Chapter 10. Well I had all the gun kills up to that point, so I can't test it out.

Also, you'll want to change the descriptions for Unfriendly Fire & Friendly Fire. I'm not sure if it saves if you do Unfriendly Fire first, but I just shot Riggs, go the achievement straight away and I've literally restarted the checkpoint and tried the other decision and got Friendly Fire.

There's no save point. So you can do both right away!
Yea I had written the decision achievements in another thread here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=376350

and I had put all the correct decisions in there. Those ones should be the one in the guide.

Thanks for pointing everything out! Maka should be on some time today to make changes

Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 06-30-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #65
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

I think everything is stacking up against the AA12 being a heavy/assault weapon.

Known in RL as a shotgun, plus the cross-hair is a full rounded circle shape, which is the same as the other shotguns in the game and not the heavy/assault stuff.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #66
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
I think everything is stacking up against the AA12 being a heavy/assault weapon.

Known in RL as a shotgun, plus the cross-hair is a full rounded circle shape, which is the same as the other shotguns in the game and not the heavy/assault stuff.
Yea thats what I said in earlier posts but people say it counts as heavy. I guess I could test it in a few on another gt

Old 06-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #67
BIGBAZABOOM

BIGBAZABOOM's Gamercard
to the guide creater, the damned if you dont achievement, u actually dont shoot any of them, and it pops
BIGBAZABOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #68
azGRIMES

azGRIMES's Gamercard
I can 100% confirm the AA12 is a heavy weapon as I got my achievement after 5 kills with it.
azGRIMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #69
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thank you for changing the road map and the difficulty. I think 5/10 is realistic for a completionist and it doesn't mislead anyone. The 3/5 was misleading because similar games were rated that low like Darkness 2 which was really easy even on hard.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #70
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Great guide Maka. Everything I needed was perfectly there. Much appreciated.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #71
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The guide looks good. I'll be happy to use it to pick up some missing achievements when I go through on Fubar. Hopefully that isn't too hard. So far Suicide Mission (or whatever it's called) isn't too bad.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #72
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by azGRIMES View Post
I can 100% confirm the AA12 is a heavy weapon as I got my achievement after 5 kills with it.
Yep, I'm getting progress towards Heavy Weapons with the AA12 too. Weird...

[EDIT]: Just finished my first playthrough. Did it on Suicide Mission and it only took me 4 hours. Time played is actually exactly 4:00:00. I'm guessing you could actually get 1000G in just over 8 hours (depending on how hard FUBAR is compared to Suicide Mission).

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 07-01-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #73
FLIPADELPHIIA

Thanks for the confirmation guys

Old 07-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #74
IrishGorilla31

IrishGorilla31's Gamercard
Great guide. Thank you!!!
IrishGorilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #75
xI C0uch P0tat0

Th3 Col3 Train's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think the Airspace Control achievement is done on chapter 11, not 10.

Completed Retail: 34
Completed Arcade: 20

Total: 54
xI C0uch P0tat0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #76
ckingvengence

ckingrevenge's Gamercard
there is an earlier place to get close combat carnage, i cant remember exactly what mission it is on but when you save that guy who is part of the 33rd he rappals down the hole and then when you follow him 4 people will ambush you, but is you carry on down the path you will get the drop on them and be able to take them out no problem, just make sure to get a shotgun earlier in the game, and just to help find where it is they are the first us army people that you kill.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #77
Sarsage

sarsage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
[EDIT]: Just finished my first playthrough. Did it on Suicide Mission and it only took me 4 hours. Time played is actually exactly 4:00:00. I'm guessing you could actually get 1000G in just over 8 hours (depending on how hard FUBAR is compared to Suicide Mission).
Mine was around four hours too but it definitely took me longer than that so I assume the time doesn't include cutscenes or reloaded checkpoints.
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #78
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
You should link Flip's Decision and written Intel Guide in your 'Useful Links' section.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=376237
Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #79
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
you can get Preventive Diplomacy easily in the epilogue, as soon as you kill the guy talking to you, theres 3 soldiers to the left, the one in the middle will throw a grenade, you can kill him easily.

also
Friendly Fire
&

Unfriendly Fire

are at the beginning of Chapter 11, you can by-pass Chapter 10-2 all together which is nothing but the grenade launching part on the truck.

Last edited by eiVaL; 07-02-2012 at 03:04 AM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #80
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
There are a few mix-ups where you refer to things as being in Chapter 10 but they are actually in chapter 11. Friendly Fire and Unfriendly Fire are right at the beginning of Chapter 11 (easy to Chapter Select for the alternative choice). Likewise the spot you describe for doing Situational Awareness is in Chapter 11.

For Man of Action/ Man of Patience you can make a copy of your save on a memory card / cloud save as an easier choice than chapter select. Not really needed if you plan to do two playthroughs, but for 50G I doubt most people will bother.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #81
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithzeral View Post
but for 50G I doubt most people will bother.
It's the only thing standing in the way of 100% completion. If there was some hard or time consuming achievement like get to rank 45 in multiplayer, maybe people wouldn't bother, but I think lots of people will go for a second playthrough with that easy 100% at the end of it. Plus it's a short game

I like bitching threads.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #82
Scuderia MJ

Scuderia MJ's Gamercard
Just unlocked the 'heavy arms' achievement but i got it after a melee so dunno if that means that melee's count which would be very strange. Dunno if its because it was a melee on a knife expert but oh well an achievements an achievement
Scuderia MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #83
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Hey you need edit 2 achievements for ending - Unfriendly and Friendly Fire achievements is in begin of Chapter 11 not Chapter 10, part 2
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #84
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
More like 7/10 Seriously...Call of duty is so much easier on veteran than this on fubar....
1/50= 7/10
49/50= 2/10 Lol

Last edited by jamal2807; 07-02-2012 at 06:01 PM.
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #85
sOuL rEapER 13

sOuL l rEap3R's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide this will come in handy ^_^
sOuL rEapER 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #86
steb9780

RU5TYBU11ETHOLE's Gamercard
Just so people know, I got the "preventative diplomacy" (kill enemy as they are throwing a grenade) on the epilogue part. I blew the guy away on the right and then the left. So not entirely certain which one has the 'nade. But the checkpoint is right there. So easy enough to reload if it doesn't pop.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #87
stook

Stook85's Gamercard
nice guide!! excellent work! easy 1000GS. i think it should get 4/10 difficult or maybe 3/10. i think itīs really easy. But the game makes fun!!
stook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #88
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
@Stook85
Ohm your post is pointless.Stook85
You havent even played the difficult fubar and you are going to tell us that this game is a 3/10?
Come on ...Just play fubar first then you will change your mind.
Its a 6 or 7/10 for sure.
Just to let everyone knows
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #89
FLIPADELPHIIA

I apologize for the guide being outdated. Ive sent Maka messages since he is the only one that can edit the post, so he should be on at some point to fix some things, since hes busy with work and what not. If I could do it myself I would. For the decision achievements, follow this one for now:

Again, I apologize for the delay in update. This ones out of my hands

Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #90
Mc1ovin11

Assassin Corvo's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Nice guide man-just thought i'd see if someone had done one as i was missing 1 intel and thanks to u i got it.
I loved this campaign by the way-it really puts CoD and Battlefield single player efforts to shame really-the MP on this is average but i buy games mainly for the story/campaign,anything else is a bonus and for a modern millitary shooter this is very well made.
Once again thanks for the guide.
Mc1ovin11 is offline   Reply With Quote