PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > Episode 2: Starved for Help
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Mark?

Just started playing ep 2 straight after 1 and am wondering if anyone can explain who the hell mark is and how he got there? He wasn't in my episode 1?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Brown View Post
Just started playing ep 2 straight after 1 and am wondering if anyone can explain who the hell mark is and how he got there? He wasn't in my episode 1?
I think they found him hiding at Robbins Air Force Base in the interim period.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #3
Helium

Named GAMER's Gamercard
Here's link where you can look info about Mark but don't read too far ahead because you will get spoilers. Recomend playing the episode to end first so you might know something more about him.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
GAThrawn

GAThrawnMIA's Gamercard
It's worth bearing in mind that Episode 2 takes place months after Episode 1 finishes (I seem to remember 3 months from the intro, but could be wrong), so presumably a lot has happened in that period that we haven't seen, including the survivors meeting other people along the way.

Before leaving the Motel, from conversations with Mark and the other survivors you learn that he came from an Air Force base, that he worked in the Commissary (which is where he'd been hiding), and that he had a large stockpile of food when he met up with our survivors, which he shared with the group when he moved to the Motel with them. That's what they'd been eating for the last 3(?) months, and is running out now, which is why Lilly has been rationing the food.

At some point in the conversations on the farm you find out that he (like Lilly) is ex-military (which explains why he was on the Air Force Base to start with).

*Spoilers* Other than that, he's a semi-interesting character, who's really only been introduced into this episode as a "red-shirt", which is odd as the series seems to be fairly happy killing off main-seeming characters who've been around for a few episodes, so I'm surprised they didn't use someone from Episode 1 for his fate, as that could have made it a bit more emotionally serious if we'd known him longer.
GAThrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
Ai Priestess

Ai Priestess's Gamercard
From watching interviews from TellTaleGames called "Playing Dead" Mark shows up as a sign that time is passing.

Right away the game tells you in the intro of Episode 2 that it has been three months since Episode 1. The designers/writers had basically wanted to let you know that the game/story/characters have progressed since last time and situations change.

The only reason Lily decides to let Mark join along is because he had food that he could share with the rest of the group. Yes, you don't see when they get Mark but they do talk about it if you pay attention enough in dialogue options.
Ai Priestess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Nu Shuz

Nu Shuz's Gamercard
Yeah I always wondered where that guy came.
Nu Shuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Galarzaa90

Galarzaa90's Gamercard
It's kind of funny how he just "appears" there as soon as the episode 2 starts, and leaves you wondering who the hell he is until they start mentioning details about him.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)