PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
The Rabbit Suit

entitled gamer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't care if you cheated or not, but

I respect anybody that's gotten the Aperture Science Achievement. I started doing these trials yesterday at 5pm, probably putting a good 11 hours into them alone, and I'm still only at 13/18 Gold. The rest I could pull off Silver decently enough, but I just tried using glitches and the in-game cheats for the last five medals I still can't promote those Silvers to Gold.

Might be a different case if I could pull off a successful 1-step elevator exit/entrance like in the PC version, or hell, even the portal-bump method that I just can't seem to grasp in 16 at all, but even using glitches/cheats, the trials are beyond infuriating.

Cheers to anybody that's be able to sit down with enough patience to complete this. Afraid this is 40g I'll never pick up though.

The Rabbit Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Radioactive Microbe

RadioactiveSkin's Gamercard
It's all practice bro. I felt that way for 3 years. Until I picked it up yesterday and said, "This is happening."

I started with glitches, but as I got to 16ish, I found out I could, with some work, pull them off without the glitches. Because even though I was glitching, I was still learning techniques and tricks. Just got it about 3 hours ago.
Radioactive Microbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
The Rabbit Suit

entitled gamer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Congrats on completing it.

The Rabbit Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This achievement is not for the faint of heart. Took me months to unlock it. Then a few weeks later, the "glitch" was discovered. And while it makes it slightly easier to unlock. It's still no walk in the park.

I've used the achievement tile as my avatar on this site since I unlocked it.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
Kangaroo Swagg

kangaroo swagg's Gamercard
Congratulations. I managed to do all of the challenges without cheating and in one day.
Kangaroo Swagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't suppose these medals can be earned in online co-op? (If that's even available in the first Portal?) Heh. I haven't purchased The Orange Box. My boyfriend wants to but I'm leery of starting a game when I may not be able to unlock everything. Call it OCD. =X
Old 03-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #7
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
I don't suppose these medals can be earned in online co-op? (If that's even available in the first Portal?) Heh. I haven't purchased The Orange Box. My boyfriend wants to but I'm leery of starting a game when I may not be able to unlock everything. Call it OCD. =X
There is no co-op. If you suck at games don't get this.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #8
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
Too funny. I'm definitely that boyfriend. Lol. I slowly drop hints here and there when she is playing a game. I'm doing it for her
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #9
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The best piece of advice that I can give anybody is to turn the sensitivity way up on their controllers, and then practice. The game was designed with the PC in mind, and any PC gamer will whine at you for eternity that the analog sticks are why console gamers will never beat PC gamers in an FPS. I got Aperture Science with my sensitivity turned to the maximum. On a side note, that's actually greatly improved my gameplay in several other games, as well.