PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
TuaNasty4U

TuaNasty714's Gamercard
Question A few questions I had about this game

I just beat assassins creed 2 and im finishing up a few cheevos and before i starting playing I wanted to know:
How long it took to beat?
Hours/Days spent to get achievements?
Rating of frustration?
Is it easy to platinum?

If someone would be so kind as to answer this I would greatly appreciate it
TuaNasty4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
  1. To beat the game itself? Under 12 hours without attempting any side missions
  2. For the complete 1000, you're looking at over 20 hours, under 40
  3. I say 7/10 because some flags/templars glitch, which cause you to reload the game/console to fix the problem
  4. Apart from glitches and "Conversationalist", it is pretty easy. Just use the achievement guide and you will be fine

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
  1. Apart from glitches and "Conversationalist", it is pretty easy. Just use the achievement guide and you will be fine
And when he says "glitches", he means that when a cutscene occurs, the screen will jitter around and you must press any button to interact with it. You can tell you've succeeded if the camera is moved to a deeper and better angle. Only 80% of the memory glitches are required, so missing a few isn't consequential.

As for "Conversationalist", just make sure you continually speak to Lucy after exiting the Animus until her dialogue is exhausted. She'll usually say, "Can't talk, 'gotta work" or "Aren't you tired?" after speaking to her enough. Follow THIS thread for a very thorough walkthrough of it.
Latest arcade completion: The Wolf Among Us

McGoogles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
And when he says "glitches", he means that when a cutscene occurs, the screen will jitter around and you must press any button to interact with it.
Actually no. I meant glitch, as in one of those sometimes game-breaking glitches.

I had replay the game a number of times because one time a templar was not visible and a second time one of the flags were not visible.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Actually no. I meant glitch, as in one of those sometimes game-breaking glitches.

I had replay the game a number of times because one time a templar was not visible and a second time one of the flags were not visible.

Strange coincidence; "Hungerer of Knowledge" and "Conversationalist" are the only two missable achievements in the game so I presumed you meant that.
Latest arcade completion: The Wolf Among Us

McGoogles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Strange coincidence; "Hungerer of Knowledge" and "Conversationalist" are the only two missable achievements in the game so I presumed you meant that.
All is well. It is good you explained it though. One less thing to worry about for the OP.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Man vs Beer

Man vs Beer's Gamercard
I didn't collect flags or kill Templars in any area until I was ready to follow the guide for that area and mark down the ones I found and/or killed. If you start collecting flags and killing Templars without keeping track it can become very frustrating. Otherwise it's fairly painless.
Man vs Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
TuaNasty4U

TuaNasty714's Gamercard
thank you all i appreciate your help
TuaNasty4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
Sk1ppyPT

Sk1ppyPT's Gamercard
I havent been an AC fan but I have been watching some videos and quite liked it. Might pick this up today. Nice info. Lets see if i dont forget anything.
Sk1ppyPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Edword
Raptor Pack

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm trying to get the 1000 right now and I'm missing 1 last Templar. It's really frustrating. The achievement where you have to do 50 combos is proving a little difficult too.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Zauce Industries

Gammby5874's Gamercard
100% this game last night.

I had to do an extra play through to keep track of flags and templars as well as talk to Lucy. Besides Conversationalist, I got the other achievements through natural progression and following the instructions for the glitches lol, gives better camera angles anyway.

Some achievements needed you to do a bit extra like throwing harassers but that was easy.

As for time, just getting the flags and templars took about 8 hours since you just need a few view points and 2/3 investigations to actually find flags and get the assassination target

EDIT: There is a glitch where 1 of any flag OR templar might be bugged, if you notice your counter doesn't click, you have 2 options. Either continue and get lucky and it fixes itself through natural progression, or speed everything up and skip that achievement until a new play through
Zauce Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #12
TOPPDOGG008

TOPPDOGG008's Gamercard
Question Assassins Creed

I just bought this game on Ebay and cant wait to play it. I've played every other one after this but interested to learn the beginning story. I hope the mechanics is still fluid- not like Gears 1
TOPPDOGG008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
EdgeBlazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPPDOGG008 View Post
I just bought this game on Ebay and cant wait to play it. I've played every other one after this but interested to learn the beginning story. I hope the mechanics is still fluid- not like Gears 1
The basic game mechanics are fairly similar to the other games in the series, just with the small amount of clunkiness you'd expect from the first game in a series. Aside from that this game is great, hope you have fun with it and happy achievement hunting!
EdgeBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
falcorn96

falcorn96's Gamercard
flying bird

I like AC it's one of the best games of all time.
falcorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #15
s a m m y g8425

s a m m y g8425's Gamercard
Brilliant cheap eBay purchase. I'd say it was worth full retail, even now.
s a m m y g8425 is offline   Reply With Quote