PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alone in the Dark
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Whats with this game?

Whys this game so damn quiet? I have to crank the friggen volume to hear it at all. The control is god awful too :/. I got this game for 5 bucks on sale but damn! They couldve done so much better. Theres parts I really like and the price will help me overlook some of the obvious flaws. It seems like theres a good game underneath it all though.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Commando View Post
It seems like theres a good game underneath it all though.
Lies! There is nothing under there but pain and broken controllers.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Srusht

srusht's Gamercard
Haha i agree on that dookh8r. Probably the worst game in history to sum it up as far as i see it. thought it would be like alan wake or something but no. i pushed through just because i knew if i would take out the cd i will never finish it, now i got my 1000G but to be honest, i wouldnt play this again even if i got a 10 000 bonus to my GS thats how bad i think it is.

That the game is quiet is no problem for me even though i noticed that to, just crank up the volume

id say 5 bucks is a robbery, this game dosent deserve to exist.
Srusht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
THe NoMaD

the nomad's Gamercard
How can anyone possibly say this is the worse game ever. Please stop yourself. The game has a great storyline. It's the Xbox 360 version that suffers from bad controls. Play Inferno on PS3 and it stacks up against most horror games of this generation.
THe NoMaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
hink baby

Hink baby's Gamercard
Free?

I go this for free...paid too much?
hink baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #6
LovecraftsTentacle

DeadShade 84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hink baby View Post
I go this for free...paid too much?
Yes you did. Pray that it doesn't glitch on you like mine and prevent you from getting all 1000 gamerscore.

Currently Boosting Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Red Faction Guerrilla, TMNT 1989, Quantum of Solace

Soon to be Boosting Gears of War
LovecraftsTentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
TheHustlerShark

TheHustlerShark's Gamercard
Saw this for 1.97 and decided to pick it up and got a 1.26 discount on my loyalty card. 71p for the game and half an hour into it thought it was the most expensive coaster I have ever bought.

Decided to plod on and have now sort of got used to the controls and finding it actually quite enjoyable. Just give it time, it is actually quite a cinematic game full of good puzzles (first puzzle being the hardest.... the control's).

If you do have a bit of patience then this game is worth getting. If you get frustrated easily and tend to smash joypads then leave well alone (on a shelf in the back of the shop in the dark).

71p...... absolute bargain.
TheHustlerShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Am I the only one who for the most part enjoyed it?
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Am I the only one who for the most part enjoyed it?
No, I thought it was a good game as well. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
Jedi ObiJoe

Jedi Obijoe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
Lies! There is nothing under there but pain and broken controllers.
Love it!! This game was painful to play. I pushed through and finished it late last night. I like what it tried to do but the controls were just so bad it overwhelmed anything good the game had left. I think the silence and lack of enemies helped with the fear factor of the game. The fire was pretty cool as well. The 3 rd person controls, aiming system (when you need it to shoot the Humanz), and the car controls destroyed this game. I'm done and will never have to play it again.

Hit 100,000 GS on 12/22/2011 with Mile High Club - thanks to all the boosters and this great site.

Looking to Boost: Bioshock 2, Ghostbusters, Quantum of Solace, GTA IV Multiplayer, Halo Reach DLC

Message me on XBox Live if you need an extra player for any of those.
Jedi ObiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote