PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Doom 3 BFG Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Jerric

jerric's Gamercard
not a fan of doom, worth getting?

To be honest I hate most fps games, with the rare bioshock or metro 2033 breaking the mold. I recall the first doom but don't think I beat it. I did play the shit out of duke nukem when I was a kid.

I'm here mostly because I read from a couple sources that doom 3 had more of a survival horror feel, though from what I've read they ruined some of it by changing the flashlights and muzzle flash. I'm probably a hardcore gamer though I'm trying to avoid games like God of war, that have me punching my wall and hating myself for even starting it(I'm OCD and generally try to 100% my games). That being said, I've played dead space atleast 5 times on impossible, after getting 100%.

Horror games is usually where I find the most enjoyment in playing games on their hardest setting, but im really on the fence with this one. Resident evil 6 let me down though I expected it to, and I'm jonesing for a good horror experience. What do you guys think.
Jerric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If you're not a fan of the game, personally I'd rent it first.

I bought two games that I wondered about but so many friends liked it and it was on sale. I tried to like it but I didn't and sold it soon after that. One was Halo 3. Later on, I had a good friend send me Halo Reach and liked it. Go figure.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I first played Doom 3 back when it launched on the PC and I definitely remember it being a good survival horror game. I haven't played it on the 360, but the flashlight changes could potentially take away at least some of the shock factor the game had beforehand. I would assume you can still turn the light on and off, but I'm not sure :/
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
it's a cool game bro,if you liked deadspace that mutch... the only bad thing is that you have 50 achievements for 600 points, for the rest 1 great game with 2 dlc maps for such a great price (I'm not mention the arcade doom 1 and 2 because those are LAME) I enjoyed doom 3 the most on the highest difficulty, the only real bad thing on this game is that you need to search for a LOT of collectibles LOLLL ;-) cheers
M0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerric View Post
What do you guys think.
As a huge Doom fan, I'd say 100% buy.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
not a fan of doom
There you have your answer...
Quote:
What do you guys think.
I'd totally buy it, but then again I grew up on Doom. That reminds me: I've got to finish up Doom 2 on xbla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.

Last edited by Kunduz; 11-12-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #7
SgtFuzzyGhost

sgtfuzzyghost's Gamercard
I'm a huge fan of Doom, but I regret buying this game. It isn't that they changed so much that it is terrible, it is that they didn't really add much to make this worth it.
If you never played any of the Dooms, I would recommend it, but since you said that you're not a fan, don't bother.
SgtFuzzyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
games awesome and the flashlight change didnt really kill it for me either. tbh i hated the original flashlight system. sure it made it harder but it was just harder for hards sake. other ways they could have made it harder/scarier without forcing you to choose light or a weapon in a game where enemies spawn in all directions and in places you have been constantly you barely got to use the flashlight.
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
CGOWAddict

CeeDaRula's Gamercard
The game is worth the buy for the price. Could they have fix the weapon select? Yes, should they have put in co-op? Yes. The flashlight was a pain before, having it now on the suit and that the battery drains and you have to wait (not to long) till it charges so you can use it again keeps the surprises/scares (depending on how easy you scare) coming. But keep in mind, this game has no hard aim, pulling the left trigger will only turn the flashlight on or off.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #10
mjbeatskobe

Still have this for my original xbox so can't wait to play this one. Just got it.
mjbeatskobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
d0nkeytr0n

d0nkeytr0n's Gamercard
picked it up brand new for 2, going to give it a spin tonight
Old 04-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
DoomGinger6

lanenj83's Gamercard
This game completely changed my thoughts on the Doom franchise. I was a fan of the originals, and this didn't disappoint at all! It still ranks as one of my all time favorites.
DoomGinger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
lethalerror

lethelerror's Gamercard
its a good game but it feels so old and the hd graphics are a sham

lethalerror is offline   Reply With Quote