PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Kajit caravan hidden chest locations

While surfing through YT, I noticed that
is one of the cities w/ a hidden chest belonging to the Kajit caravan. The other being
. Does this mean other cities have 'em too? Ex: Whiterun, Winterhold, Solitude?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The only one I know of was Dawnstar. I found it but for me, it didn't respawn any more treasure. I thought it might but it didn't.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Meancode

Send a message via AIM to Meancode Send a message via MSN to Meancode Send a message via Yahoo to Meancode Send a message via Skype™ to Meancode

Meancode's Gamercard
You need to wait 48 hrs.
Meancode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meancode View Post
You need to wait 48 hrs.
You also need to speak to the Khajiit salesperson and briefly look at their inventory in order to restock the chest fully.

Also, making a save then killing the vendor and reloading the save is quicker than waiting 48 hrs. Even with the guide button trick. Just a little tip if you plan on farming them for any length of time. In addition to money it's also a great way of acquiring a lot of enchanted items that you will need for disenchanting early on in the game.

Another tip, if you farm this for awhile you will certainly be overencumbered. Remember that you can still ride a horse and fast travel via the Skyrim map if on horseback while overencumbered so have one handy before you start.

Last edited by oooo yeah; 07-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Meancode

Send a message via AIM to Meancode Send a message via MSN to Meancode Send a message via Yahoo to Meancode Send a message via Skype™ to Meancode

Meancode's Gamercard
I guess I always spoke to the Khajiit salesperson out of habit. But every time I have tried using this glitch, it worked like a charm. It sure made the insane 100k gold achievement a little more managable, as was finding out the Riverwood Trader has 10k gold once you invest. The fact that most merchants only have 1000-2000 even after you invest in them was seriously irritating me. I do not have the time nor the patients to sell my items 1000 at a time.
Meancode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Ma'dran's hidden chest outside Solitude

Surfing TY again. I found a video describing the hidden chest outside of Solitude, belonging to Ma'dran's caravan. Found near where she sets up shop. Search by crouching right of the small tree, looking at a twig.

Although he done it on PC. I'm going to try this out on my 360 & see if it works. Or if anyone does this faster then me, could confirm this.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #7
capnovan

Capnovan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelandx88 View Post
Surfing TY again. I found a video describing the hidden chest outside of Solitude, belonging to Ma'dran's caravan. Found near where she sets up shop. Search by crouching right of the small tree, looking at a twig.

Although he done it on PC. I'm going to try this out on my 360 & see if it works. Or if anyone does this faster then me, could confirm this.
Solitude Merchant chest does indeed work; I go there all the time. Though it's the trickiest of the three.

Xbox Gamercards
capnovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnovan View Post
Solitude Merchant chest does indeed work; I go there all the time. Though it's the trickiest of the three.
Yup definitely. Takes time to find (A) & open.

Last edited by gravelandx88; 08-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.
gravelandx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Another can be found outside/near of Windhelm (Anga's Mill). West of Anga's Mill is a small camp. Nearby there is a waterfall. If you go through the falls there is a lock strongbox, some barrels and a hidden chest in the ground to the left of it. Or watch the video below, I found off YT.

Last edited by gravelandx88; 07-06-2012 at 10:19 PM.
gravelandx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Has anyone found the 5 remaining caravan location spots where the hidden chest is stashed?

1. Falkreath
  2. Morthal
  3. Whiterun
  4. Winterhold
  5. Riften
Old 08-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Awsome finds and great suggestion regarding using a horse to deal with encumbrance.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #12
jds1469

mscansmd's Gamercard
Under the thieves guild are 6 all together and are some of the easiest to get in. In the cavern with the merchants, there is an arch with a door in it. Pick up the bucket on the right side of the arch and carry it through the wall to the left by jumping on a barrel just to the left of two stacked boxes. To make it easy, you can use the dragon shout to force your way through if needed. I have had more success with this than going through the door as in this video, but it is the same area that I use.

http://youtu.be/OLgrFUiXqoE

jds1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #13
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds1469 View Post
Under the thieves guild are 6 all together and are some of the easiest to get in. In the cavern with the merchants, there is an arch with a door in it. Pick up the bucket on the right side of the arch and carry it through the wall to the left by jumping on a barrel just to the left of two stacked boxes. To make it easy, you can use the dragon shout to force your way through if needed. I have had more success with this than going through the door as in this video, but it is the same area that I use.

http://youtu.be/OLgrFUiXqoE
I get what your saying but that is unrelated to the Khajit caravan. They usually travel in 4's to each city, making camp just outside; where they have a hidden chest located near by. That is what im talking about. What your referring too can be done anywhere in Skyrim.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
Raining Light

Decaying Light's Gamercard
I didn't know these existed.
I knew about the Thieves Guild ones tho.
How do you learn about these in game? Or do you?
So they are just near there camp set up?
Old 08-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
I didn't know these existed.
I knew about the Thieves Guild ones tho.
How do you learn about these in game? Or do you?
So they are just near there camp set up?
Technically, they're not supposed to exist. They're not "secret chests" as if hidden by Bethesda for you to find. They need a place to keep goods that merchants sell other than on that merchant's person, otherwise you could just pickpocket them.

I don't know why they decided to actually hide the containers, rather than just placing Master-level locked chests near the caravans or inside the shops as in previous games, but whatever.

Anyway, I knew about the Dawnstar one. I picked some gold and such out of it before. But considering my main character can make weapons and armor more powerful than any I can find in the game, and I have over 500,000 gold... I don't really pick up anything anymore.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote