PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Ashes Cricket 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm finding this game really difficult :(

I spent about 4 hours playing this last night and didn't really get anywhere. I don't understand the correct way to bat and bowl. Can anyone give specific tips on what is the best way to get sixes when you are batting and the best way to get wickets when you are the bowler? I found that the guide didn't really help me. When I bowl they nearly always score runs and when I bat I nearly always get caught out or bowled out.

This probably won't get any replies as the game is old and no one plays it, but I don't see any better options. Would be eternally grateful for any help.

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
Did you go through the tutorials, I see you don't have the achievements for those yet so you might want to try them, it's been ages since I played this game , it pretty much just comes down to timing I think. If the ball is bowled towards the batsmens legs I hit it to the right of the screen, if it's bowled sort of to the left of the stumps then I hit it to the left, and if it's straight I came down the pitch and hit it straight....

good luck.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
To win matches follow this simple setup. Move all your fielders to the side of the field that the batter is facing. Then when you bowl, you want to do a slow ball just outside of where the bat is. This will make the batter try and hit the ball high in the air. Now all you need to do is catch it.

With this technique I was able to bowl out a side in around 4-5 overs regularly.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I figured it out eventually. I now have 1k on this game . It was quite tough and I found the learning curve to be quite steep. For bowling I used the Graeme Swann tip from another thread and for batting, I realised it is all about the timing . You have to press B just before the ball hits the ground when it's bowled - or earlier if it's bowled right at your feet. Doing that I was able to get 4s and 6s consistently.

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote