PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #61
No Kitteh

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANZ VII View Post
L4D1/2 are two of the few games with loads of replay value.
It's not all about achievements, it's about gameplay and enjoying a unique game
series which will be reborn on the 24th.
Agreed, L4D, L4D2 (BF2) really are the only ones I can continue to play consistanlty even though I completed them a while ago.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #62
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So, no new achievements?
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #63
Rafie

RAFIE82's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple3AM View Post
So, no new achievements?
I was hoping for achievements here. It's all good. I still played it and had fun. Now I guess I will try my hand at actually completing all the cheevos for it. This is going to be tough!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #64
GermBurgers

GermBurgers's Gamercard
Pretty disappointing to pay and not get any new achievements, but I guess it'll still be a laugh.
GermBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #65
Carlo Monte

CarloMonte's Gamercard
LOL, they couldnt even give us just the two steam ones...

Carlo Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #66
DutchHooligan

Dutch Saint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Wtf... Aaaaa I need to. Check these forums.. Just paid 560 for no Cheevos ? Grrrr should have played it on pc for free... Booooooo valve!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #67
ModernViking

Send a message via AIM to ModernViking

ModernViking's Gamercard
No new achievements? took me 6 months to get the mutations, kept glitching on me.. and so i kept it around just in case this dlc would top the game off at 1750gs.

I think i'm good now. hopefully Counter Strike is worth something..

I hope that half-life 3 comes soon....
~Hangman's NOOSE 1:46:74~

ModernViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #68
Azathame

Its not the end of the world if there's no new achievements. Its still a good game. And to the people who complain about buying it when they could have got it free on pc... well you are the idiot who pushed the confirm button to buy it... just saying...
Azathame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #69
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
My first playthrough of Cold Stream I was really happy with, now I'm going to try the L4D1 maps.. Happy so far even without the achievements.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #70
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
People complain when DLC HAS achievements...and complain when they don't. Why can't it just NOT have achievements? Its fun, and basically gives you everything from part1, for 560 points. >___>

Achievement are nice, but if your willing to shell out money JUST for achievements then I don't know what to say. I just don't understand, a game can be fun without achievements.

Last edited by Schism; 08-04-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #71
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
People complain when DLC HAS achievements...and complain when they don't. Why can't it just NOT have achievements? Its fun, and basically gives you everything from part1, for 560 points. >___>

Achievement are nice, but if your willing to shell out money JUST for achievements then I don't know what to say. I just don't understand, a game can be fun without achievements.
I understand what you're saying. And I agree with you to certain degree. I just want to point out that you're posting on a website devoted to achievements. So it isn't really a surprise that most of the users are angry about there not being new ones in a DLC of this size and price.

As far as the value of the DLC goes, $7 for all of the L4D1 maps is a great price...if you never played the first game. Most of us have. Extensively. So it isn't really anything special to play them with a few tweaks and new weapons.

Again, I just wanted to point out that I'm not upset about this either way. I'm just saying that I fully understand why this is an issue for people. As to an earlier comment you made about people being angry when DLC adds new achievements. Can you name an example of this? I've never seen people get upset at the prospect of earning new achievements through DLC. Unless they are incredibly difficult and will mess up their completion of the game. That or if they are bundled in an overpriced map pack like the Call of Duty add ons. Other than those I can't think of any others.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #72
GermBurgers

GermBurgers's Gamercard
I've played both games to death but have a pal who I co-op a lot with and he never had L4D1, playing with him is going to be loads of fun and also I have friends who still need lots of the basic achievements. I expect there are places in the L4D1 maps which make a few of them easier.
GermBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #73
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
The problem is, this console generation introduced cheevs and this developed to this,
huge websites dedicated to this, and bringing out a game/DLC without cheevs doesn't make sense.
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #74
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

After reading this thread I'm still confused. Are there achievements for this dlc? And how much are they worth.

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
111 completed games 82 Retail - 29 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #75
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASS DOMINATION View Post
After reading this thread I'm still confused. Are there achievements for this dlc? And how much are they worth.
No, there are none for the 360.

Thanks, Valve!

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #76
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post

Thanks, Valve!
Guess I'm not buying it then!

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
111 completed games 82 Retail - 29 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #77
Kaiser Ren

Kaiser Ren's Gamercard
Well... I'm not a fan of Cold Stream and it's a little disapointing that there wasn't any achievements added even if they would've been annoying. Aside from Death Toll and No Mercy I don't really like any of the original maps so I'm going to pass on this and just splitscreen with a friend who paid for it.
Kaiser Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #78
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post

Thanks, Valve!
There's no official ones for PC with the final release either, don't know what people expected.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #79
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The DLC should have been free if there wasn't going to be any achievements. :/

Xbox 360 Retail Games Completed: 22
Xbox Live Arcade Games Completed: 26
Xbox One Games Completed: 1
Xbox One Apps Completed: 1
Darth Grif55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #80
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrenfried View Post
The problem is, this console generation introduced cheevs and this developed to this,
huge websites dedicated to this, and bringing out a game/DLC without cheevs doesn't make sense.
Thank you, somebody with some sense. Also just about evey person complaining about the people who wanted to see achievements added should stop visiting an achievement website. Go over to NFL.com and start a conversation about baseball.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #81
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
hey douchebags. this site is called xbox360achievements. try to soak that in your brains before you attack members of this site for caring about cold stream not having achievements.

to me his is just another example of valves intentional disconnect with 360 users. it would have been so simple for them to formulate a list (i could do it in a half hour) and them to have a programmer implement it considering the template already exists. the five campaigns are awesome but the achievements would have made it that much sweeter
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #82
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Thank you, somebody with some sense. Also just about evey person complaining about the people who wanted to see achievements added should stop visiting an achievement website. Go over to NFL.com and start a conversation about baseball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeuup View Post
hey douchebags. this site is called xbox360achievements. try to soak that in your brains before you attack members of this site for caring about cold stream not having achievements.

to me his is just another example of valves intentional disconnect with 360 users. it would have been so simple for them to formulate a list (i could do it in a half hour) and them to have a programmer implement it considering the template already exists. the five campaigns are awesome but the achievements would have made it that much sweeter

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #83
BobbyTastic

Send a message via AIM to BobbyTastic Send a message via MSN to BobbyTastic Send a message via Yahoo to BobbyTastic Send a message via Skype™ to BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic's Gamercard
I thought the PC release got two, Stream Crosser and Connecting Flight. I have to agree with the general attitude in this topic, a lack of any achievements is nonsense considering we were charged the usual fare for this (though I'm not disputing it's not worth only $7). I would have been content with just a regular achievement for finishing each campaign (5 campaigns at 20 G each would hit an even 1600 or 50 G if you wanna go all out like The Sacrifice and make it hit 1750 G, and is simple enough that I don't think 100%ers would really mind) and maybe even add one for No Mercy or for finishing the new DLC campaigns on Expert. Valve would have only boosted Cold Stream sales by doing so. I realize that they dropped the ball and were rushing the release to begin with, but the extra week or so of coding on top of months of delay would have at least made the wait more worth it.

Regardless, I bought the DLC within the first hour of its release, and I haven't even played through all the old L4D1 campaigns yet. There's just a lack of incentive without friends playing it or achievements and the fact that I already have L4D1 and have played these to death. As for Cold Stream, I played it once and it was fun, but okay. Definitely can see it was originally a community-made campaign, and didn't think it was worth a second playthrough.

Achievements could have added a decent amount more of playing time to this is all.

Last edited by BobbyTastic; 08-07-2012 at 08:05 AM.
BobbyTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #84
Beardyboo

VC OF THE NFE's Gamercard
OK, so the reason we are all on this particular website is because of our beloved 'Cheevo's'. That said, I just play a game through now and if a particular challenge I fancy comes up later down the road then I may have a go at that achievement. BUT, what the hell happend to video gamers? Are people seriously getting all uptight about the fact this DLC has no achievements? Who cares! The whole game plus the other DLC has 1500 points a begging! Here is my view. 560msp = Good price and there is plenty to do with in the original L4D maps. (Perhaps everytime you waste your money on Avatar props you might want to complain to Microsoft that you didnt get any achievements for 'Putting on a T.Shirt!'
Beardyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #85
GANZ VII

Anglo Saxon VII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardyboo View Post
OK, so the reason we are all on this particular website is because of our beloved 'Cheevo's'. That said, I just play a game through now and if a particular challenge I fancy comes up later down the road then I may have a go at that achievement. BUT, what the hell happend to video gamers? Are people seriously getting all uptight about the fact this DLC has no achievements? Who cares! The whole game plus the other DLC has 1500 points a begging! Here is my view. 560msp = Good price and there is plenty to do with in the original L4D maps. (Perhaps everytime you waste your money on Avatar props you might want to complain to Microsoft that you didnt get any achievements for 'Putting on a T.Shirt!'
Well said pal, I agree totally. People need to stop whining and just enjoy 5 freshly designed campaigns that this game badly needed.
MS set the price due to the sheer size of the DLC regardless of cheeves.
GANZ VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #86
BobbyTastic

Send a message via AIM to BobbyTastic Send a message via MSN to BobbyTastic Send a message via Yahoo to BobbyTastic Send a message via Skype™ to BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic's Gamercard
Lol, moot point because I never buy avatar crap.

Anyways, I guess I should specify that I'd be fine with no achievements if there was avatar awards or something, an unlockable, or an in-game challenge counter.

My thing is that aside from what I said earlier (that I don't know many people personally playing the old campaigns, and that I've played them to death on L4D1 where there were achievements), there's just no tangible reward for going through these again, so I'm putting all my L4D2 effort into challenges with a reward until I 100% it (I'm 4 achievements away). It's a matter of finishing official challenges before self-imposed ones. Do you play an entirely different reward-less optional class in an RPG before or after you have all the achievements/rewards for playing on your first class? I was just saying, that achievements would result in a re-prioritizing of one's gameplay style. I have no doubt that I will play through all the campaigns on L4D2 eventually, but without that incentive I'm in no hurry until either I've gotten all the achievements or enough people in the community own it, basically playing it at my own pace.

This is all on top of the fact that these maps should have come out ages ago (Cold Stream did not need the year of development or these 360 specific delays), and Valve's original defense for releasing these DLCs at a price was that Microsoft wouldn't let them release DLC with achievements for free, but as I said above, I personally think the price tag is fine (makes me feel ripped off by what I paid for the Sacrifice (buying it twice no less?) and especially the Passing), just a matter of their own set policy. This is a departure from form for them (their first L4D dlc without achievements) and supportive of the popular notion that Valve has stopped giving a shit about their 360 community, specifically their L4D 360 community.

Edit: One last point. I think people really liked the creativity of the previous L4D achievements, and the specificness/originality of the challenges (as well as being able to claim that they succeeded in it). It's all about the challenge and proof of your efforts. If they were really that adverse to achievements, they could have opted to do what New Vegas and Dead Island did with in-game Challenges (I mean L4D already has an in-game achievement counter, which was nice). Or they could do a Halo or Call of Duty and have weekly community challenges, see how popular those are?

tl;dr Just because someone wants achievements doesn't mean they only give a shit about increasing their gamerscore by playing games.

100% List (12 Games):

Aegis Wing (200), Assassin's Creed (1000), Beyond Good & Evil HD (200), Costume Quest (250), Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (200), Naruto: UNS2 (1000), Naruto: UNSG (1000), Scott Pilgrim (250?), SoulCalibur (200), Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (1000), Stacking (250), X-Men Arcade (200)

Last edited by BobbyTastic; 08-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #87
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyTastic View Post
Lol, moot point because I never buy avatar crap.

Anyways, I guess I should specify that I'd be fine with no achievements if there was avatar awards or something, an unlockable, or an in-game challenge counter.

My thing is that aside from what I said earlier (that I don't know many people personally playing the old campaigns, and that I've played them to death on L4D1 where there were achievements), there's just no tangible reward for going through these again, so I'm putting all my L4D2 effort into challenges with a reward until I 100% it (I'm 4 achievements away). It's a matter of finishing official challenges before self-imposed ones. Do you play an entirely different reward-less optional class in an RPG before or after you have all the achievements/rewards for playing on your first class? I was just saying, that achievements would result in a re-prioritizing of one's gameplay style. I have no doubt that I will play through all the campaigns on L4D2 eventually, but without that incentive I'm in no hurry until either I've gotten all the achievements or enough people in the community own it, basically playing it at my own pace.

This is all on top of the fact that these maps should have come out ages ago (Cold Stream did not need the year of development or these 360 specific delays), and Valve's original defense for releasing these DLCs at a price was that Microsoft wouldn't let them release DLC with achievements for free, but as I said above, I personally think the price tag is fine (makes me feel ripped off by what I paid for the Sacrifice (buying it twice no less?) and especially the Passing), just a matter of their own set policy.

Edit: One last point. I think people really liked the creativity of the previous L4D achievements, and the specificness/originality of the challenges (as well as being able to claim that they succeeded in it). It's all about the challenge and proof for your efforts. If they were really that adverse to achievements, they could have opted to do what New Vegas and Dead Island did with in-game Challenges. Or they could do a Halo or Call of Duty and have weekly community challenges, see how popular those are?
I agree completely.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #88
BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I agree completely.
Thanks for seconding that, I was afraid I was just talking long-winded crap at this point, lol. I think I'm done polishing that explanation finally, hopefully it makes sense.

100% List (12 Games):

Aegis Wing (200), Assassin's Creed (1000), Beyond Good & Evil HD (200), Costume Quest (250), Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (200), Naruto: UNS2 (1000), Naruto: UNSG (1000), Scott Pilgrim (250?), SoulCalibur (200), Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (1000), Stacking (250), X-Men Arcade (200)

Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #89
BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX Shooter XV View Post
probably no achievements nd free dlc
It's already out. It's 560 MSP, and there's no achievements, yeah.

100% List (12 Games):

Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #90
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
What do you guys think are the chances of them adding achievements? Has this been done before? I was thinking they might since there's a lot of support for L4D2, but I'm not counting my eggs just yet.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote