PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
LOL Ridiculous match vs Niv-Mizzet

So I'm playing against Niv-Mizzet in DLC 3's campaign. I'm using the goblins/burn deck. I've boarded in all the Dragon's Claws, and got a couple of them out early on in the game.

Since he's using Reb/Blue, I gained a lot of life early on so that even when he burned away all my attackers and I was out of burns, he couldn't kill me with his flyers.

I now have 116 life and 19 cards left in my library. He has 16 life, and 9 cards left in his library.

This game has gone on, and on, and on, and on, and... well, you get the point. I keep trying to kill him, BELIEVE me I've tried... although I probably should've left his creatures alone somewhere around 50 life or so and just stockpiled buns, but I just haven't been drawing many to begin with. I used up a lot of burn early on keeping his creatures in check so I wouldn't die, and since then he's been burning and using his blue control on every dang thing I try to do with my creatures, leaving me only able to occassionally hit him here and there. He just used Wheel of Fortune, so hopefully I'll be able to finish him off, but if not he will actually run out of cards!

Every time I get a creature or two out, he burns away just enough of them so that his 2/5 flyers are able to fend off the remaining ones. He got out a late-game Dragon's Claw and Kraken's Eye and has been steadily climbing back in his life total from those two unfortunately.

I never, ever thought I would see a game where a red burn deck vs a blue/red control/burn deck would go to 1: this high a life total for one player and 2: until one player ran his deck out of cards.

Edit: Finally finished him off thanks to Rage Reflection. End game stats: me 120 life and 17 cards left in deck, Mizzet -3 life and 7 cards left in his deck.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 07-03-2012 at 03:32 PM.
lifeexpectancy is online now   Reply With Quote