PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #31
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNev44 View Post
Tell me about it,

I can't even past the part on Mission 6 or 7 when you have to outrun the Freebird helicopter bullets while running, it's frustrating as hell!

The game broke for me there, I think I've had it!
You need to zig-zag your style of run there - do not run in a straight line.

161 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #32
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
I only started playing the Fubar playthrough last night, but damn, you go down extremely quick :S

DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 AM   #33
Reaper44

WIPES44's Gamercard
i'm so fucking glad i finished fubar. yager's term of fubar is "Fucking Utterly Bullshit And Retarded" game. i never seen so much cheap crap in a game. My 2 A.I's are so stupid it makes my brain hurt just thinking of those 2 idiots.I notice i'm not alone in how pls think how bullshit fubar is, lol. If i was asked and paid to do this again, i rather give one of my testicles before i play that crap again. i can't wait to give this back to gamestop, hell i'll pay them to take it back lol.
Reaper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #34
Sceneman

Sceneman's Gamercard
finished all chapters on FUBAR in one sitting! Had a big gaming weekend so just went hard.

It wasn't that bad, except for chapters 13 & 14 which were pretty frustrating, but still do-able.

King Kong
TMNT

100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction

(fyi my sig is "ironic")

Last edited by Sceneman; 07-08-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Sceneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #35
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper44 View Post
i'm so fucking glad i finished fubar. yager's term of fubar is "Fucking Utterly Bullshit And Retarded" game. i never seen so much cheap crap in a game. My 2 A.I's are so stupid it makes my brain hurt just thinking of those 2 idiots.I notice i'm not alone in how pls think how bullshit fubar is, lol. If i was asked and paid to do this again, i rather give one of my testicles before i play that crap again. i can't wait to give this back to gamestop, hell i'll pay them to take it back lol.
I coudn,t agree more!! Compared to suicide mission where your teamates where actualy helpfull and almost never got downed, on FUBAR it seems Yager downgraded your team IA to almost zero, they run straight into enemies fire or get out of cover without reasons and get downed over and over again. I not had so much problems with FUBAR when it wasn,t mostly for my teamates that just acted silly.
Another thing that plays up is the cover system and altho very handy it seems to work perfectly when not needed but in the thick of a firefight like when taking the bunkers out on chapter 15 it seems the cover systen takes a nap and you get killed so quik. I think most of us ended up standing in front of the cover after a sprint and then not going into cover or when you quikly wanted to fault over a cover you ended up smaking the damn thing.
Other then those issues i had fun playing thru even at points i wanted to break the gamedisk in half lol!
In short this difficulty is for the persistant gamers under us that go thru even its highly frustrating and at points utter stupid because of aboved named.
To all going thru FUBAR or planning too good luck soldiers!!
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #36
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
it's still copmlete garbage that fubar is a difficulty
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #37
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbreakfast99 View Post
it's still copmlete garbage that fubar is a difficulty
Haha sounds like you having fun But honest i know what you mean!! Its just highly frustrating and stupid at times to say the least. I probly not kidding that playing this game thru on FUBAR cost me a good year of my life lol!
Its mainly about being persisting and holding on and as an already mentioned advice, i not played thru FUBAR in one go i basicly start playing and if i had a good day i finished two to three chapters and then took a break, and restarted fresh the next day, if you do it this way it might take mabye abit longer but its less frustrating over all. You def not wanna know how many times i cursed that i had to restart all over again or almost close to a checkpoint got killed. Its easy said you kinda playing to get to a next checkpoint just to get somewhat further. Not to mention abit of luck is def not bad either. Some probly might say "Bullshit!!" Its about skill!! Well that might help aswell ofcourse but i,m pretty sure most can get past FUBAR if they just take their time and get the aiming trick under their belts its def a life saver. And yes persistance lol
Old 07-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #38
evilz

EViiiLz's Gamercard
FUBAR is not to hard in my opinion what makes it annoying is your bad A.I team mates
Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #39
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilz View Post
FUBAR is not to hard in my opinion what makes it annoying is your bad A.I team mates
True!! Thats what is most annoying, the lack of your teamates IA.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #40
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
chapter 10 in the parking garage is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE. Every single time I do remotely well, my team mates decide to die, and since it's not possible to revive them (because of the fucking turret) then I am dead as well. I mean who designed FUBAR difficulity, it's fucking ridiculous.

Please someone else tell me you are struggling on this part too to make me feel better.

Rant over (for now)

EDIT - ok, you might now find more rants from me, because the next try after my post, did the garage and the AI didn't even get downed lol. I may have 0 grenades and 0 ammo for the next area, but I'm feeling lucky

Last edited by the action frampton; 07-09-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Update
the action frampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #41
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
You need to zig-zag your style of run there - do not run in a straight line.
Thanks pal, that did actually work, this game is extremely difficult, I'm up to the yacht on stage 13 now, I'm almost done!
BigNev44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #42
CrunchyNachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRichard View Post
True!! Thats what is most annoying, the lack of your teamates IA.
Yes there were a couple of times where I'd approach a battlefield, and the AI would take cover ahead of where I would, or they would move up after one wave was killed only to be downed when the second wave came. It is without a doubt the most annoying part of the game.
CrunchyNachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #43
Tsukimi

Send a message via ICQ to Tsukimi Send a message via MSN to Tsukimi

Tsukimi's Gamercard
Takes 2 shots in the head w/ M4A1 to get a kill, but a single shot w/ M9 (w/ suppressor on!)Seems legit to me.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #44
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan0011 View Post
I'm currenly on chapter 10 or maybe 11 i'm not really sure,it's the part that you have to use the machine gun to cover for Adam and Lugo to zip line over . the problem is they alway die at part where 1 of them blew up a door to go upstair and fight a Juggernault head on and some enemy flank them from behind . If i shoot the flanker then the Juggernault kill them,kill the Juggernault then the flanker get them , i never have enought time to them all down just because the AI alway try to be heroic and leaving cover to fight the juggernault head-on =.=
This part was kicking my ass! After 20 tries (and no, this is NOT an exaggerated number), I ALMOST gave up, but after realizing that the Juggernaunts were the MAIN problem, I took them out first (especially the one coming down the stairs).

Finally 1K'ed it a few minutes ago, and I am sooooooooooo relived. I will be playing it again with no Achievements, no Intel items and no FUBAR difficulty in the way. The story was actually good.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #45
Chef Not Chief

Chef Not Chief's Gamercard
I finished the entire game on fubar, no real problems, just powered through, I wouldn't do it again though, but here's the problem. Every mission is listed as completed on fubar except Chapter 12, so I thought, no big deal, I'll just beat it again, and it still says it's only completed on suicide. I'm not going to play the entire game again for one achievement or one level. Is this level glitched, and has anyone else had this problem?

Acrade Games Completed : 16
Chef Not Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #46
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Not Chief View Post
I finished the entire game on fubar, no real problems, just powered through, I wouldn't do it again though, but here's the problem. Every mission is listed as completed on fubar except Chapter 12, so I thought, no big deal, I'll just beat it again, and it still says it's only completed on suicide. I'm not going to play the entire game again for one achievement or one level. Is this level glitched, and has anyone else had this problem?
I haven't seen anything like that. As a matter of fact I beat half the game on FUBAR, dialed it down for a bit, and then when back and beat the levels I needed to on FUBAR with no problems. This may be a silly question but you're SURE you have the difficulty set back to FUBAR when you replayed the level?
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #47
Chef Not Chief

Chef Not Chief's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 View Post
I haven't seen anything like that. As a matter of fact I beat half the game on FUBAR, dialed it down for a bit, and then when back and beat the levels I needed to on FUBAR with no problems. This may be a silly question but you're SURE you have the difficulty set back to FUBAR when you replayed the level?
I thought that myself, but I checked my save, and it was sitting at the beginning of chapter 13 on fubar, so that was out of the question. But since then, I replayed 1 more time, and the achievement popped in the middle of the level when I was shooting the other helicopters. I'm kind of relieved because after the work of beating the game twice, I didn't want to be sitting at 950G for this game, lol.

Acrade Games Completed : 16
Chef Not Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #48
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
managed to finally get past chapter 6 on the helicopter escape, i don't care what anyone says about how to do it, u need only 1 tip - LUCK pure and simple.

probably the most pointless part of the game, it would make more sense if u had to move cover to cover from the helicopter, a bit like on gow3 where u had to make your way upstairs inside the building going cover to cover hiding from myrrah riding on the beast that fires the ray at u, this part of spec ops should have followed that idea which makes more sense that to just have to run and hope.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #49
Kovy88

Kovy88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It saved a checkpoint when I only had less than half a clip of ammo in one SMG. And of course there would be a ton of flanking enemies and a juggernaut. Luckily after 20 deaths I found a machine gun in one corner and got through it in 2 tries after that. It's nice that the AI partners are so braindead too. Not all the time, but too often.

Kovy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #50
DeafSunchaser

MrSunchaser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
come on guys.... seriously? yes its hard but its great im stuck on 7 but i love it!!! if u want an easy game go play call of duty *Yawns*

BF2142

DeafSunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #51
Simlaurel

Simlaurel's Gamercard
Watching those two asshats Adams and Lugo stand out in the middle of a fucking firefight healing each other back-n-forth is getting pretty tiresome. If only you could position them how you liked, it would make this game much easier. These two guys are tits on a bull...FUBAR is pretty fucking cheap I must say. The helicopter at the end of Ch. 6 was particularly irksome indeed!
Simlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #52
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
managed to finally get past chapter 6 on the helicopter escape, i don't care what anyone says about how to do it, u need only 1 tip - LUCK pure and simple.

Completely agree. Zig zag? pure lols! I actually ran into some covered and stopped running and the helicopter only managed to hit me once. That was after about 20 attempts. So stupid. Nearly as annoying as the nades in WAW.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 09-19-2012 at 02:40 PM.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #53
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
Man, this sucks. I'm stuck at the beginning at Chapter 6 where you're stranded alone with a pistol with 5 rounds.

And listen to the trolls saying this isn't hard at all, just trying to stir up already frustrated people. Sad really.
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #54
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NShepherd N7 View Post
Man, this sucks. I'm stuck at the beginning at Chapter 6 where you're stranded alone with a pistol with 5 rounds.

And listen to the trolls saying this isn't hard at all, just trying to stir up already frustrated people. Sad really.
Really winds me up when people say that a game like this is not hard. The achievement guide actually rates it a 5/10. On some levels I had to retry certain sections 10-15 even 20 times. On several occasions I would run out of ammo, other times I would get hit behind cover, blown up by one of the hundreds of grenades flung my way after I cleared a whole section out or most frustratingly killed when I tried to save the AI. In my opinion I didn't really find that Fubar relied too heavily on skill. A lot of the time it was luck or just repeating the Suicide play through but doing it super slow.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 09-24-2012 at 10:21 PM.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #55
lilsting

I'm currently 3 hours in on my Fubar playthrough. I managed to make it to chapter 10-2 (the part when you are on the side of the truck with the grenade launcher). So far Fubar hasn't been to difficult for me, but I'm pretty good at games in general. Some tips that have helped me in bullet point format:

-417 assault rifle: This gun is amazing. 1 shot to head on most enemies with 2-3 shots to the body. It also has a 4x scope, use it.

-Let your teammates do a lot of the killing you can't do. You kill the guys that you can kill, but let your teammates take care of the ones who are in a position to kill you. An example of this would be enemies who are elevated above you. Instead of popping out risking to take him out, utilize your team.

-When stuck in a situation, change up your strategy. I remember early on, I think it was chapter 5. I died like 3 times so I changed up my plan. Instead of guns a blazing, I spammed my grenades to get the AI to dive or get stunned. Then I picked them off.

-Take your time. There is no rush so stay behind cover for 10 minutes if you have to.

-When aiming with LT, clicking in the right joystick changes the angle of which you can hit targets at. Utilize this feature.

-Popping out of cover to shoot someone is not always the best idea. Rather detach yourself from cover and then crouch. Slowly side step out of cover to pick off the enemy and then side step back. Normally when you pop up you can get hit from multiple angles. When you do the strategy I just mentioned, the only person that can hit you is the person you're picking off.

Using these strats I steam rolled through chapters 1-5 in a little over an hour. It's taken me 2 hours to do 6-10. When I wake up I'll finish off the game. I know that chapters 13 and 14 are probably going to be a bit tricky. Keep at it gents, you'll get there.

One last tip. I noticed that when you don't move up, your teammates don't move up. They normally only advance if you tag someone or if you move up. They will sometimes move ahead a little bit, but never to far. Keep this in mind and try to pick out most enemies from as far back as possible so you don't have to deal with your teammates dieing all the damn time. GOOD LUCK!!

Edit: I wanted to add one more tip. I can't stress the importance of vantage points. Always look for the best spot to place yourself for the duration of a fight even if you have to die a few times to find that spot. Once you find a good vantage point then things become a lot easier. Only advance when you're SURE all the enemies are dead or nobody can hit you. We are talking about 2 shot deaths so take your sweet time.

Update: I started playing the game again when I woke up now I'm on chapter 14. Chapter 13 wasn't too bad, but I can see how some people are having trouble on it. Chapter 13 was all about having optimal points for me to have to pick people off. The weapons I had on me during Chapter 13 was a 417 and either an M4a1 or a scar. I definitely died the most on this chapter, but I got through it in under an hour. I wish I had a capture card. I would post walkthroughs on how to make it through. Right now I'm on the middle of chapter 14. I'm at the point where there is a big battle with 2 turrets and a bunch of soldiers. It's the big battle right before the Juggernaut that Walker envisions as Lugo. This part seems to be the toughest part for me because of the damned turrets, so I decided to take a break. I'm currently 4 Hours and 35 minutes exactly in on my Fubar playthrough. I'll update once again when I beat the game.

Final Update: I finished the game and cleaned up the few remaining achievements I had to do. My fubar playthrough clocked in at 4 hours 48 minutes 44 seconds. That's not too long considering my suicide playthrough took me 4 hours and 46 minutes. As for some closing remarks, just keep at it and you'll eventually overcome this game. When you start to get frustrated, take a break and comeback to it. You'll do better the next time you come to it. Also, TURN ON AIM ASSIST. I did both suicide and fubar without aim assist because I didn't know it existed. I probably wouldn't have turned it on anyway due to pride issues, but that's besides the point. I cleaned up my remaining cheevos on easy and aim assist was automatically on. It made the aiming MUCH easier. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to use aim assist. With that said, I'm sending this game back to gamefly. If anyone needs some tips feel free to message me me here or on XBL. My gamertag is lilsting.

Last edited by lilsting; 10-06-2012 at 02:30 AM.
lilsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #56
Moridin83

Moridin83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simlaurel View Post
Watching those two asshats Adams and Lugo stand out in the middle of a fucking firefight healing each other back-n-forth is getting pretty tiresome. If only you could position them how you liked, it would make this game much easier. These two guys are tits on a bull...FUBAR is pretty fucking cheap I must say. The helicopter at the end of Ch. 6 was particularly irksome indeed!
This. So much this. Chapter 5 right after you fall through the roof and I can stay alive no problem, but when those two retards insist on both going down out in the open, what am I supposed to do? Protip for the developers: your companion AI should never be more Rambo than your player is.
Moridin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #57
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Holy hell, this might be the most frustrating hard difficulty I have ever played on...Finally got by the part in mission fucking 3 where you need to go out into the sand storm, and you cant pick targets for your team mates, they instantly go down...God that was a pain in the ass!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #58
wh1tel1ght

wh1tel1ght's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNev44 View Post
Tell me about it,

I can't even past the part on Mission 6 or 7 when you have to outrun the Freebird helicopter bullets while running, it's frustrating as hell!

The game broke for me there, I think I've had it!
I don't know how this is hard for everyone. I replayed this chapter a few time and NEVER got killed by the helo, I hope everyone knows that there is a sprint function.

Anywho, this game is not impossibly hard on FuBAR, but that's not to say I haven't wanted to throw my controller at the TV a few times, namely the beginning of chapter 6.
wh1tel1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #59
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I usually don't post in this kind of threads, but I'll make an exception for this one.

My main grief is the lack of a dodge/roll command - how you can make a 3rd person shooter without it is beyond me.
Made of glass - sometimes I can't even pop up and fire a single shot without the enemy killing me.
Idiot team mates - why does Lugo take point and Adams snipe form the rear? Why are they charging and get cut down when we're in excellent position to wait the enemy out?
Why can't I throw grenades back? And why is the enemy focusing fire on my cover when both my team mates are blasting away?
And why do weapons disappear when you reload a checkpoint?

Sigh. I'm currently on my 20+ retry to survive the beginning of Chapter 6. It's my 'favourite' kind of plot twist - after getting demonstrated how dependent you're on good gear and support fire power, they take both away from you and swarm your ill-defendable position with hordes of enemies! Yay!

EDIT: Well posting here helped. Finally pass that point.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

Last edited by TriRock; 02-13-2013 at 08:40 PM.
TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #60
Skorpion XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
My main grief is the lack of a dodge/roll command - how you can make a 3rd person shooter without it is beyond me.
Made of glass - sometimes I can't even pop up and fire a single shot without the enemy killing me.
Idiot team mates - why does Lugo take point and Adams snipe form the rear? Why are they charging and get cut down when we're in excellent position to wait the enemy out?
Why can't I throw grenades back? And why is the enemy focusing fire on my cover when both my team mates are blasting away?
I once felt your pain. The only other game that pissed me off more was CoD4...Mile High Club. Just wait until you get to Chapter 13. Once you experience that on FUBAR it'll make Chapter 6 look like a piece of cake.