PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
How to get past the helicopter part where you have to run?

Well i,m playing thru FUBAR now and as said some parts are def hard but now i,m stucked at level 5 or 6 where your in a big hallway and then a helicopter comes in and starts shooting you and on-screen the message appears "RUN" i retried several times and always get killed halfway down the hall, it seems no matter what i do i get shoot up so bad i can,t make it any further without getting killed!
Is there a trick or a different path i can take, i tried left and right and if it wasn,t for that walker first have to get on his feet it woudn,t be so bad with his teamates way ahead.
Please let me know if there is a way to get past this part, thanks ahead.
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
AirborneRichard

LOL! NO replies! Why i not even start wondering, and all because i mentioned something back then about how some have games way before release date, if thats why i feel sorry for you guys acting that childish realy, but what did expect from a site that only cares about achievements, anyways thanks but no thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
The FUBAR bitching thread contains info on your problem on it's first site.
The difficulty thread as well as far as I know.
How about searching first before you accuse the members of this site of just being interested in achievements.
That is just sad actually.

Why don't you just stop acting childish yourself and don't use this site anymore. Might be better for everyone.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhKillswitch View Post
The FUBAR bitching thread contains info on your problem on it's first site.
The difficulty thread as well as far as I know.
How about searching first before you accuse the members of this site of just being interested in achievements.
That is just sad actually.

Why don't you just stop acting childish yourself and don't use this site anymore. Might be better for everyone.
Look i actualy posted this tread then found out in another section its already been asked and i coudn,t delete my tread anymore and i wasn,t joking on that part that i had a shitstorm raining down when i asked how ppl got their hands on this ans other games way before release date. If i not use the site anymore it may be better for everyone or just not fucking post anything anymore i woudn,t be the first that have been drove off from this site just because some can,t deal with comments or oppinions from other when its not theirs.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
What you have to do is zig-zag your run. Do not run in a straight line.

159 completed games [Includes all DLC]
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
What you have to do is zig-zag your run. Do not run in a straight line.
Thanks! def helped, i seen to late that ppl already asked and posting a simular question about this, i,m sorry. Anyways thanks for the reply m8. I just finished FUBAR today Thanks god lol! Wasn,t a joyride realy hehe!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
Sarsage

sarsage's Gamercard
In future when you're posting on a not very active forum, don't accuse people of not trying to help you over something that happened weeks ago.

Last edited by Sarsage; 07-09-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsage View Post
In future when your posting on a not very active forum, don't accuse people of not trying to help you over something that happened weeks ago.
I know, already said sorry. To straight the record i wasn,t kidding about the reactions i had about asking about early game releases for some. Anyways sorry, sorry, sorry.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i tried this 30 plus time before dying!! pain in the ass. i huged the wall to to the right and got lucky. You in for some more pain in the ass parts ahead!! good luck
Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
i tried this 30 plus time before dying!! pain in the ass. i huged the wall to to the right and got lucky. You in for some more pain in the ass parts ahead!! good luck
Haha Tell me about it!! Just today i finished "FUBAR"the last three chapters or better put the real combat onces as "Welcome" isn,t a real mission.
And funny i seen alot of guys saying chapter 13 & 14 are a bitch i not had so much trouble there some other parts gave me more headages realy. Its playthru is mainly consisting of frustation and stupid team IA and all one can do is keep going and holding on, just praying you get there in the end lol
Btw a quik count for me it has been 21 times to retry that part. Its mainly luck realy, i tried zig-zag and got shot, tried a straight line left and right and got killed in the last try i just start running thru the middle as much as possible and got thru, it seems this part is more about luck then anything else.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRichard View Post
Haha Tell me about it!! Just today i finished "FUBAR"the last three chapters or better put the real combat onces as "Welcome" isn,t a real mission.
And funny i seen alot of guys saying chapter 13 & 14 are a bitch i not had so much trouble there some other parts gave me more headages realy. Its playthru is mainly consisting of frustation and stupid team IA and all one can do is keep going and holding on, just praying you get there in the end lol
Btw a quik count for me it has been 21 times to retry that part. Its mainly luck realy, i tried zig-zag and got shot, tried a straight line left and right and got killed in the last try i just start running thru the middle as much as possible and got thru, it seems this part is more about luck then anything else.
Running left got me killed everytime. First time I ran on the right hand side I made it. Don't know if that's the trick, but I'm not gonna try it again to test he theory lol
Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
Super Happy Go Go

SuperHappyGoGo's Gamercard
Don't know if this is helpful, but I was getting raped by the chopper late last night on FUBAR and I noticed the controls seemed really sluggish when I tried to sprint away from the Chopper, so as soon as the cut-scene ended I tried holding the button down constantly (rather than just tapping ) and went to the right of the sofa then diagonally left then right towards the exit point; then continued holding it through the next sequence and I got through.... I easily out-ran the chopper. Every other time I got caught.

I was so relieved I nearly puked....

Hope this helps!

SHGG
Super Happy Go Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #13
CrunchyNachos

I guess I was the oddball here, I just ran straight up the middle (beat FUBAR today), and then went right up the stairs, then straight down the middle again. Sure I got hit a few times but I was never in danger of dying.
CrunchyNachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:44 AM   #14
The Big LT

The Big LT 77's Gamercard
I encountered a glitch while attempting this on FUBAR. I'd start running and get no more than a few seconds into the chase when i'd instantly die in the exact same spot every time. Sometimes I could have sworn that I didn't even get hit by any bullets from the helicopter. After many, many, many failed and frustrating attempts I resorted to watching a video on YouTube and noticed that when the guy was running he would get hit markers on the left side of the screen whenever he was taking damage (just like taking damage normally), but when I had been doing it I hadn't been getting any hit markers, just dying instantly instead. So I quit out and reloaded and tried again, only this time instead of dying instantly with no hit markers I was now receiving hit markers and able to progress past where I had been constantly dying previously. Low and behold on my second attempt I made it all the way to the end thank goodness!

So if anyone else can't get more than a few meters into this chase before instantly dying just simply quit out and reload your game because chances are it's glitched on you.

Grow old never grow up
The Big LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #15
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
I did this about 20 times until finally getting past. What might be the key is running in a zig zag, don't stick to one side

Thanks to KillerBEA for the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I only took her on the Normandy because I'm a Paragon and want to help save the galaxy but only five damn war asset points? I could get more points by sticking a Post-It note on a wall of the Citadel with the words, "REAPERS ARE BAD!" on it.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote