PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
XToastySniperX

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
Glitches and Information All Players Should Know About!

This is a thread holding a detailed list of massive, game-breaking glitches in the game Assassin's Creed. As you know, this game isn't very well supported anymore due to its age, which is unfortunate because of the amount of glitches that remain in the game.

If you are a new player, this is a must read to avoid a lot of unnecessary frustration and wasted time. You might ask, "Why did you make this thread if I can find such information elsewhere?" Well, it's a lot easier having one, big, well kept archive that can be added to by the community than trying to sift through pages and pages of forums and surfing the endless expanse of the internet and video sharing sites for the answers.

I must express greatly that any solutions presented in this post and / or thread are not by any means guaranteed to work, no matter what we might say to the contrary. Secondly, any glitches listed in this post and / or in the thread are also not guaranteed to occur in your experience, however it is still greatly recommended you follow the advice we have to share. As a wise man once said, "It is better to be safe than sorry."

Before continuing onto the list and concluding my long-winded introduction, please by all means, reply here and let me know if you've discovered a glitch that has not been recorded in this list already. Document any probable causes, fixes, locations, and so on. The more in depth you go with the report, the better! Hopefully by working together we can ensure people playing this now un-supported game can have a glitch free experience, or at least are aware of the paths they must take in order to go about fixing them. Thank-you.

NOTE: I've decided that this thread should also serve as a general help tool beyond that of glitch avoiding / fixing. This section will follow the glitch compilation.

---

Glitch: Missing Templars
Rarity: Very Common
Game Breaking: No
Achievement Breaking: Yes
-Possible Solutions-
  • Exiting the surrounding area and returning can force it to load the glitched Templar.
  • Leave the city altogether. So, for example, if the Templar in question is in Jerusalem, travel to Masyaf and then return.
  • If you do that but to no avail, try exiting the game and go to the dashboard, then relaunch the game.
  • Restarting the Xbox360 could potentially help as well.
  • Before continuing to the last resort option, ensure that this isn't due to human error, and you are merely looking for the Templar in the wrong location.
  • If none of these helped, the last bit of advice is unfortunately to make a new save / game.
Miscellaneous Information: There is no way to avoid this from happening. Keep in mind while this can happen to any Templar in the game, there are a few who are notorious for glitching. We recommend you use this site (http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/) for hunting down the Templars. Also, try and keep track of which ones you kill in order to avoid confusion. It's highly recommended you wait until completing the game before going around hunting these guys down, as certain areas are unlocked through story progression.

-

Glitch: Missing Flags
Rarity: Very Common
Game Breaking: No
Achievement Breaking: Yes
-Possible Solutions-
  • Refer to all of the proposed fixes for the "Missing Templar" glitch. Just like in that case, if they don't work, you will unfortunately need to create a new save / game.
Miscellaneous Information: Again, this glitch is very similar to the "Missing Templar" in that it can happen with any flag and there is no known way of avoiding it, however there are a few flags in which are well-known for disappearing and seemingly have a mind of their own. I strongly suggest you hold off on finding the flags until the end of the game, as some areas are unlocked as you progress through the game. The site we recommended for the Templar hunting is also perfect for flag collecting as it allows you to keep track of which ones you obtain by checking them off below the map. Here is the link again: http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/

-

Glitch: Stuck in Arsuf

For all further information on this glitch, take a look at this thread here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=376683

All thanks and credit goes to Gohan Reborn for reporting the glitch. I've looked over the thread with a keen eye, and no experience-ruining spoilers were found.

-

Glitch: "Eagle's Will" Achievement Glitch

All thanks and credit goes to WolfmanStarrk and Wikwawa for reporting this. I've looked at the video (not the comments though) and no spoilers were found.

-

Please send in, by either replying to this thread or privately messaging me, any more glitches that you find or I may have forgotten to include. The bigger this database is, the more we can help any latecomers to the series. Also, one thing to keep in mind is that the Platinum Edition was supposedly released with a lot of these issues fixed. I can confirm this as my Platinum Edition had literally no problems.

---

Now, here is the general help section that doesn't involve glitches and so forth. Starting off, be wary of the Conversationalist achievement. It is the only true missable achievement in the game. For an in depth look of the achievement, take a gander of the Achievement Guide found here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=45530

Hungerer of Knowledge has a lot of misconceptions about it. First, refer to the Achievement Guide once more for the basic description for it (link in the paragraph above). If you do not get the achievement by the end of the game, you can simply replay Memory Blocks and proceed to do the same thing during the cutscenes. I can confirm this, as I didn't start trying to get the achievement until halfway through. So, I continually replayed the final memory block three to four times and it popped.

Another difficult and misconceived achievement is Disciple of the Creed. For the description, once more refer to the Achievement Guide (link two paragraphs above). All you need to do is make damn well sure you have done every possible side-mission in that city before you kill the target. Full health and what not has nothing to do with it. Once more, as long as you've made sure to do every possible side-mission before killing the target, you'll get it just fine. Referring to this discussion can further your understanding: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=288170

The final challenging achievement is Blade in the Crowd. You can refer to the Achievement Guide (link three paragraphs up) for the basics on how to get it, but I'd figure I would just include this one here as it can be quite a hassle and also isn't really crystal clear on how to complete it. Following the guide should be sufficient, but if you proceed to have difficulties post here and we will try and assist you in any manner possible.

Thanks for reading, and I really hope this helped. Again, you are more than welcome to make a contribution to the list, and in fact I would like to ask you to do so any chance you get. I appreciate it!

P.S. All new players should take a look especially at this thread. It is an encyclopedia essentially which will link you to many other threads that will be of great help to you. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=225096

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!

Last edited by XToastySniperX; 08-06-2013 at 08:52 AM.
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
kestrel

Darth Kestrel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the detailed post. I just finished the game but this sure would have been helpful. It was a great game!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
XToastySniperX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
Thanks for the detailed post. I just finished the game but this sure would have been helpful. It was a great game!
Hey man, no problem. I agree, it was a fantastic game, the only thing holding it back being the bugs. ACII is by far my favorite, but the first AC was the most memorable for me. Altair is such a badass!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
Gohan Reborn

Send a message via AIM to Gohan Reborn Send a message via MSN to Gohan Reborn

Raging Enigma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great thread. Hopefully this can get stickied, so people don't have to do it all over like I am currently doing .
EnigmaticGames YT Channel - Contains Video Game Footage of Rock Band 2 and 3, SvR10, WWE12, Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 2 and 3, Yu-Gi-Oh, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and 3, and even some achievement Guides. Subscribe, Rate and Comment ^_^

Gohan Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
ToplissTree

ToplissTree's Gamercard
very helpful thank you
ToplissTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
XToastySniperX

No problem my friends.

And that's still too bad that happened to you, Gohan. What are the chances? One in apparently every 1 million sales I guess? :P

Old 08-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
adifabio1024

StickyOregon3's Gamercard
great thread! thank you for taking the time to post it! I just started assassin's creed and love it
adifabio1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
XToastySniperX

Anytime, glad you found it useful. Hope you enjoy the game!

Last edited by XToastySniperX; 08-11-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
Isn't there also a glitch for the Eagle's Will achievement? It occurs in Masyaf but you have to jump just right for it to happen.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
jaylachance

Send a message via AIM to jaylachance Send a message via MSN to jaylachance Send a message via Yahoo to jaylachance Send a message via Skype™ to jaylachance

NuttyFizzler's Gamercard
Good to know.
jaylachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
XToastySniperX

Hmm... I have never heard of that glitch, but I'll look into it Wolfman. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
Wikwawa

Wikwawa's Gamercard
Masyaf Glitch

For the Eagle's Will achievement glitch you have to "climb" what appears to be inaccessible mountains and then dive off the cliff. I have included a link to a youtube video showing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfVCeLFbvV8

I can confirm that it still works as I had the achievement pop earlier
Wikwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #13
synchro

unknownengineer's Gamercard
apologies but cannot rem name of cheevo

just thought i'd point this ez cheevo out. sry cant rem but, acc. to my cheevo listing it should be 'Eagle's Dive' since this was my 2nd attempt since i lost my earlier save.

i was awarded a rank by Mualim and i kept combo-ing the trainees over and over for about 2 hours trying to get timing right [still cant get it!] but next minute i was awarded 'Eagle's Dive' cheevo!

i'm 99% sure it was this.
still going thru game so cannot go back and confirm this.
i hope i'm right. perhaps it was a fluke w my xbox? odd that i should get it for just combo-ing trainees and not KILLING guards.

hope this helps in some way.
synchro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
XToastySniperX

Thank you everybody for your responses. I appreciate it. Glad other people are helping newcomers to the series and adding to this thread.

Synchro, can't say I've heard of that one either! I suppose if other people want to try it, they can try getting combo (knockouts?) on the trainees and perhaps it does indeed unlock Eagle's Dive. Interesting.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #15
XToastySniperX

List has been updated. Thank-you everyone for contributing!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
JakeDixonnn

BookablePear's Gamercard
awesome

thanks toasty

JakeDixonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #17
Chester Martini

Chester Martini's Gamercard
I just want to express gratitude as reading this helped me out a lot. You've done a great service to gamer-kind!
Chester Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
XToastySniperX

Not a problem, glad my effort has not gone to waste and I am assisting others.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
PreppieSole98

PreppieSole98's Gamercard
Thank you for this Toasty, I have just borrowed the game on a tight schedule and have to get it done really quickly and I probably wouldn't get the game done if one of those achievements glitched and would have to reload a save! If I run into any other glitches I will definitely say it here.

~Credit to TheRealRedX for the awesome signature~
Retail (100%) = 6 ~ XBLA (100%) = 1
Achievements = 1009/1668 (60.49%)
Gamerscore = 21,515/36,215 (59.41%)
Currently working on = GTA IV
PreppieSole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
XToastySniperX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppieSole98 View Post
Thank you for this Toasty, I have just borrowed the game on a tight schedule and have to get it done really quickly and I probably wouldn't get the game done if one of those achievements glitched and would have to reload a save! If I run into any other glitches I will definitely say it here.
Thanks!

And please, by all means if you do have anything to add to the database let me know.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #21
Greendisease

GreenDisease's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up on this. I finally got 1000 on this horribly glitched game.

Are you gonna' bark all day little doggy... or are you gonna' bite?
Greendisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #22
XToastySniperX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendisease View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this. I finally got 1000 on this horribly glitched game.
Hell yeah man! Congratulations!

Old 11-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #23
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Nice job on this thread. I'll request for it to be stickied!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #24
XToastySniperX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Nice job on this thread. I'll request for it to be stickied!
Thanks my friend, it would really be appreciated! <3

Old 03-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #25
billdxbox

UnbiddenTen51's Gamercard
Thanks for this post! I'm going through AC again, and I forgot about all the glitches. Makes it much easier to get the achievements!
billdxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:58 PM   #26
MaskedReviewer

I'm going to start playing this, so good to know! Thanks.
MaskedReviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #27
XToastySniperX

Glad I'm still helping friends out. ^_^