PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
LETtheFLAMESbegin

Send a message via Skype™ to LETtheFLAMESbegin

CaptainK28's Gamercard
Thoughts on the news of the Walking Dead FPS?

I can't seem to find the forum that goes to this however I personally think that this is just going to crash and burn and be a waste of time both for terminal reality and gamers.

To me the series is more about the characters and the survival aspects, not the killing of zombies. If I want a game where I'm shooting zombies, I'll put in Left4Dead thank you very much.

Anyways what's your guys thoughts on the matter? If this goes down the drain do you think this will be the end of Terminal Reality much like Activision done with Radical?

Managing Editor to http://www.Zero1Gaming.com
Game Reviews and Articles can be found at http://www.kirstysays.tumblr.com

6 Completed Retail Games.
1 Completed Arcade Game.

LETtheFLAMESbegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Not sure it fits the whole FPS genre and the guys making it are responsible for the critically acclaimed Kinect Star Wars.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
They can try and make it work but i don't think they will do The Walking Dead justice like TellTale, i think they have done it perfectly, from gameplay to storytelling.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
I believe that the adventure game is the best use of The Walking Dead franchise and the fps game is just plain poinntless
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
UnDeadVision726

Mr SaxMachine's Gamercard
I'm not holding out much hope for the FPS. They claim it will have a lot of "strategy" elements to it, but there is only so much you can do with that game type

Good?... Bad?... I'm the guy with the gun...
UnDeadVision726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I'm excited for it. Looking for a good zombie game I can get into with a good story.

Walking Dead. :P
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
steelytheman22

Awsm Steely22's Gamercard
i want to see if their is any gameplay first
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelytheman22 View Post
i want to see if their is any gameplay first
I feel like I would buy it even without any gameplay, I'm that excited.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
The Produca

Th4 Produca's Gamercard
There is no reason for this game to be an FPS, but leave it up to activision to turn anything into a FPS.
The Produca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
First things first.Ghostbusters sucked!Every second of gameplay was terrible, so were the graphics. However I am willing to keep an open mind about the game. I'm hopeing for a zombie game in the vein of Bioshock or Metro 2033. Something with an atmosphere and a fully realized world to explore and survive in. I want scavange for supplies, build up fortifications just for them to be ripped down and have to escape. I want to explore a hospital full of death and destruction for hours on end.

Anyway thats what im hopeing for... Lets see if they can deliver.The universe and setting are ripe for it.
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #11
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
First of all, I think the people who will buy this game and really really enjoy it are the fans of the TV series. I mean I don't know much about it, but I don't think I will be purchasing this unless I read a preview or something that will impress me.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #12
samsaBEAR

samsaBEAR's Gamercard
The Walking Dead as a whole franchise is HUGELY based on character development and amazing storytelling. I don't know how much creative control Kirkman/AMC will have over the game, but I guarantee they won't let Activision ship a shitty game. I'm looking forward to it, I reckon it'll be good, but I can't see it being better than Telltale's
samsaBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
Not interested in the FPS game at all. The Walking Dead is about the story and the characters. It's not about the zombie killing.

If I want to play a zombie FPS I'll stick with Left 4 Dead, thanks.

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
Soap of Death

Soap of Death's Gamercard
I'm not prepared to write it off just yet but I don't have high hopes for it.
Soap of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Will reserve judgement until I see more, but my hopes aren't high. I thought terminal reality did a good job with Ghostbusters (apart from the knackered achievements obviously), but don't think this is the sort of genre to get the best out of TWD.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #16
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Bah.. All this negativity and there hasn't been a single shred of game out yet.

Sheesh there are some harsh critics out there.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #17
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
as long as they stick to the zombie rules of the universe i think it'll be fun. been wanting a good romero rules zombie shooter for awhile now
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
If it's anything like Left 4 Dead it already fails in my book, The Walking Dead is not meant to be a run and gun, it's about strategic survival, not shooting every zombie you come across and be as loud as possible, if anything it needs to be similar to Dead Island in an open world sort of way, give you the choice of getting passed a zombie or taking it out with risk of alerting others, if this game is going to be successful, it needs to be an RPG...
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #19
Cav Clayton

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Bah.. All this negativity and there hasn't been a single shred of game out yet.

Sheesh there are some harsh critics out there.
A lot of instant hate here, doesn't help that Activision is tied to this either.
Before we hate so harshly, give them a chance to prove themselves. You honestly don't have a valid reason to doubt them yet.

FPS's can definitely have enthralling gameplay and compelling storytelling (Think Bioshock).
Sure it could be a standard action shooter, but you gotta stay positive right?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #20
JohnXJericho

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnXJericho Send a message via Skype™ to JohnXJericho
I just wanna play as Merle
JohnXJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #21
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

I just wanna play The Walking Dead period lol.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
A zombie FPS sounds more interesting than yet another military FPS. Playing as Darryl and Merle sounds like it could be kinda fun as well. It's not on top of my waiting list, but it certainly has stirred my interest.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 56 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 11-6-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #23
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

This about sums it up for me...

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #24
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKRAIZEEMANx View Post
This about sums it up for me...
Same here. I will try it regardless of what I see. As long as they keep their standards high it will definitely be better than the clunky competition. *cough*Dead Island*cough*