PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
mosenwrath5

DSK xFatGrandma's Gamercard
Unique In-Game Content for July?

I just saw today that the soldier upgrade is coming tomorrow for premium members. Anyone have any guesses on what it's gonna be. I hope more than a knife and dog tags again, but the assignments for the dog tags were pretty fun.

100% Arcade
Dash Of Destruction, Doritos Crash Course, Harms Way, Xbox Live Labs

Wanna Join My Clan:
Go to www.dskhq.webs.com
mosenwrath5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:15 AM   #2
green light ops

green light ops's Gamercard
It's confirmed that it's going to be soldier and weapon camos. Nothing really that special, although I hope the weapon camos have to be acquired rather than just given to us.

Games Currently Looking to Boost:
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Blacklight: Tango Down
- Homefront

*NOTE: As of 6/14/2012, I will NOT be helping anyone needing Halo 3 multiplayer achievements.
green light ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
bapae

Shaftamus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by green light ops View Post
It's confirmed that it's going to be soldier and weapon camos. Nothing really that special, although I hope the weapon camos have to be acquired rather than just given to us.
Yea i really hope they have to be unlocked to. it's no fun just getting things.

bapae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #4
thm241

Tinkham11's Gamercard
Like green light said just weapon skins and soldier camos. I believe one of them will be for the Scar-H, but I hope the skins are for different weapons this time around. I haven't been reading too much about this but is there any news on if we do get any new dog tags down the line?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
green light ops

I'm pretty sure it's just for the F2000, SCAR-H, PKP, and L96 again. And I don't think we get any new dog tags either, at least not with this upgrade.

- Homefront

*NOTE: As of 6/14/2012, I will NOT be helping anyone needing Halo 3 multiplayer achievements.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's just for the F2000, SCAR-H, PKP, and L96 again. And I don't think we get any new dog tags either, at least not with this upgrade.
How can you be pretty sure? No one I know of has even heard anything but rumors and speculation as to what it could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
I think they should give us skins for the knife, who doesn't want an multi coloured ACB..

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming

50,000G in Racing games - 28/03/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
Barad's phone contains no games, only the numbers of various supermodels.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
green light ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
How can you be pretty sure? No one I know of has even heard anything but rumors and speculation as to what it could be.
It's mentioned on the Premium calendar what the drop will contain.

- Homefront

Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
Do you think they will ever release different types of ammo for premium players? Like hallow point and FMJ?? Or prolly not b/c that would make the game unbalanced?
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
I think they should give us skins for the knife, who doesn't want an multi coloured ACB..
great idea!, i hate orange

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4784089556895/

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oozero View Post
Do you think they will ever release different types of ammo for premium players? Like hallow point and FMJ?? Or prolly not b/c that would make the game unbalanced?
Probably not. Any time one segment gets something that gives them an advantage, the other segment will scream bloody murder. Besides, do you recall Stopping Power and Juggernaut? Kind of ruined COD in my opinion.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Unique my ass. Camo for guns we already have camo for.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Camo for the same 4 weapons. I like the PKP and L96 but abhor the F2000 and SCAR-H.
Wish they'd give us camo for other god damn weapons.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
thm241

Tinkham11's Gamercard
I'm not even going to try for some of the more time consuming/difficult ones, if they were for different weapons I would try to get them but for weapons I don't use much, no thanks.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedD365 View Post
Unique my ass. Camo for guns we already have camo for.
Haha. Spot on! I'd like to see camos for the SCAR-L, the 870 or maybe the M240B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Camo for the same 4 weapons. I like the PKP and L96 but abhor the F2000 and SCAR-H.
I'll pass on the first three, but I don't mind the SCAR-H so much. The SCAR-L is definitely better though.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Aecas

Send a message via AIM to Aecas

A Grumpy Spider's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thm241 View Post
I'm not even going to try for some of the more time consuming/difficult ones, if they were for different weapons I would try to get them but for weapons I don't use much, no thanks.
Same here. Dissapointed that they're just slapping the same four guns with a new camo, I'm going to stick with the guns I enjoy using rather than grind out some additional camo.
Aecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

is this not the hardest one?

5 air vehicles killed with AT launchers (RPG/SMAW/Javelin)

who does flying with out ir flares?

and correct me if im wrong, but you can only use a javelin on an aircraft if someone "marks" them.

all the other are time consuming, except for the 350m head shot one.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
green light ops

No, you don't have to only use a Javelin. RPGs and SMAWs work just as well, and they're one-hit kills. Only catch is you have to either wait for someone to fly too low like an idiot or try and lead the target.

- Homefront

Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Quote:
No, you don't have to only use a Javelin. RPGs and SMAWs work just as well, and they're one-hit kills. Only catch is you have to either wait for someone to fly too low like an idiot or try and lead the target.
what im asking, is that you cant use the javelin to shoot down an aircraft unless someone else marks them otherwise you cant lock on.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
green light ops

My mistake, I misread that.

Well, as long as you're working together with a Recon with SOFLAM, it shouldn't be that hard to take them down.

- Homefront

Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:

Dude, they are all garbage except for the L96. Just hate having to use these weapons when Dice has a whole new set too choose from. Not to mention the camo for all the guns are ugly.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
ShadowsOfTwist

ShadowsOfTwist's Gamercard
Wonder what it is about these weapons that gives DICE such a hard-on. Don't see why they can't make skins for other weapons.

I'll do the assignments just for something to do. Got nothing else but medals to go for so I might as well.

ShadowsOfTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #24
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL View Post
Dude, they are all garbage except for the L96. Just hate having to use these weapons when Dice has a whole new set too choose from. Not to mention the camo for all the guns are ugly.
I used to hate the PKP but then I came to like it. And the F2000 isn't actually garbage, it's just easy-mode incarnate and I'd much rather challenge myself than piss my way through an assignment haha

I hope the next camo batch is for new weapons. I really don't mind the L96, PKP and SCAR climbing the ranks of my most-used weapons but I'd feel dirty if the F2000 got so much as near my top 10.

Edit: just checked Battlelog and it actually is my #10 weapon God damn it DICE!

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 07-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Quote:
I used to hate the PKP but then I came to like it. And the F2000 isn't actually garbage, it's just easy-mode incarnate and I'd much rather challenge myself and that piss my way through an assignment haha

I hope the next camo batch is for new weapons. I really don't mind the L96, PKP and SCAR climbing the ranks of my most-used weapons but I'd feel dirty if the F2000 got so much as near my top 10.

lol To each his own !
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #26
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
I used to hate the PKP but then I came to like it. And the F2000 isn't actually garbage, it's just easy-mode incarnate and I'd much rather challenge myself and that piss my way through an assignment haha

Haha! I hear ya bro! I can't stand the F2000, but it's my #3 weapon at 652 kills. Why, you ask? Simply because I had already earned 500 kills for the mastery tag and then I had to go back and do the previous assignment for X amount of kills and headshots, and now I have to back to it again to do yet another meaningless assignment. DICE needs to stop twisting our arms to use the same 4 garbage weapons. The PKP Pecheneg really isn't worth using in comparison to ANY of the other LMGs. And the M26? Really? As if people didn't get a big enough dose of the M26 with the underbarrel glitch? I'm not 100% certain, but I think that H0p3sfaiL and I have come to the conclusion that for destroying aerial vehicles with AT weapons, the Transport Chopper does not count towards this assignment, but the Attack Chopper does.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #27
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

how unique! More camo for guns with camo already
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #28
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
And the M26? Really? As if people didn't get a big enough dose of the M26 with the underbarrel glitch?

The M26 didn't need a glitch for people to hate it. It's just naturally gay .
Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Haha! I hear ya bro! I can't stand the F2000, but it's my #3 weapon at 652 kills. Why, you ask? Simply because I had already earned 500 kills for the mastery tag and then I had to go back and do the previous assignment for X amount of kills and headshots, and now I have to back to it again to do yet another meaningless assignment. DICE needs to stop twisting our arms to use the same 4 garbage weapons. The PKP Pecheneg really isn't worth using in comparison to ANY of the other LMGs. And the M26? Really? As if people didn't get a big enough dose of the M26 with the underbarrel glitch? I'm not 100% certain, but I think that H0p3sfaiL and I have come to the conclusion that for destroying aerial vehicles with AT weapons, the Transport Chopper does not count towards this assignment, but the Attack Chopper does.
Fortunately my top 3 is relatively 'safe'. Nothing's knocking the knife off top at 1505 kills, then it's the L85A2 at 806 and the 870MSC at 764. After that, every weapon is between 500-700 and the F2000 has just snatched #10 at 628 kills. It took me forever getting the FAMAS out of there because I felt dirty with it in my top 10 and now this!
As for the M26, I liked it way before the whole Dart glitch debauchery and really won't mind using it again, although it does mean moving on from 666 kills. Part of me couldn't give two flying shits about new camo for the F2000 but the completionist in me is a complete bastard that won't let me not do it!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #30
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Fortunately my top 3 is relatively 'safe'. Nothing's knocking the knife off top at 1505 kills, then it's the L85A2 at 806 and the 870MSC at 764. After that, every weapon is between 500-700 and the F2000 has just snatched #10 at 628 kills. It took me forever getting the FAMAS out of there because I felt dirty with it in my top 10 and now this!
As for the M26, I liked it way before the whole Dart glitch debauchery and really won't mind using it again, although it does mean moving on from 666 kills. Part of me couldn't give two flying shits about new camo for the F2000 but the completionist in me is a complete bastard that won't let me not do it!
My Top 10 is in ruins. The Pecheneg is #2 and the F2000 is #3... Ugh. Thankfully, I have already finished the 100 kills with the PKP and the F2000, and I also knocked out the 25 M26 kills as well. Now I just need to wrap up Claymore/C4 kills and then I'll knock out the 100 L96 kills/50 MAV spots and I'll be done!