PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #481
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
honestly after this update i would stop hanging around waiting for thePC ones and just forget they exist if i were you, the games only gonna slip furtherand further behind.

if your waiting for it to catch up completely you will be waiting for ever because its just not going to happen
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #482
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPsYcHoSaWYeR View Post
http://playxbla.com/check-out-whats-...x-360-edition/ Heres play xbla's summary of everything what will be here in 1.8.2 xbox 360 edition
Awesome, I'll replace the list on the front with the actual official list now.

I suppose I should get working on a list of all the updates up to 1.2.3 So the page is ready.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #483
d0ct0rscarecr0w

These new additions actually give me a lot to do:

1. Redoing Skyblock will be so much easier with superflat and creative mode.

2. Trying to hunt down the 12 music discs in the tutorial world sounds like a lot of fun.

3. Will melon seeds, pumpkin seeds and the ability to actually keep livestock without it despawning You can actually set up a decent farm.

Though I wonder why they bothered fixing the duplication glitch when you will be able to freely go from creative mode to survival mode.

EDIT: Nevermind I realized you can't do that on servers. so it's for multiplayer.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #484
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPsYcHoSaWYeR View Post
@4JStudios: We've handed over the final 1.8.2 build to Microsoft!
They'll run some confidence tests then put it into Certification Testing.

4J JUST TWEETED NOT LONG NOW
Sweet jeebus! Now that's the news I've been waiting for. If its 10 working days, then it means 16/17th October is the day for the update. Something to look forward too.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #485
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Now that list is what I like to see! Changes, changes, changes for the better! All the little things they're changing look so nice. Can't wait to play this update!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:25 AM   #486
Terra Branford

Looking at the "special additions" they're adding in 1.8.x Beta, for the Xbox 360, gives me a bit of a bigger smile than it should... you all *~do~* realize that a lot of these special features (especially turning on/off Fire spread and TNT) weren't EVER a "feature" added in Vanilla Minecraft on the PC (and I don't think were even around before 1.0.x Full). Some of these features are beloved MODs, that mostly feature in Bukkit or on World Guard and other "anti-grief" MODs.

Makes me wonder what other amazing features we can expect in the future, before it's time.

...though, now this means I might actually have a reason to fire up the Xbox 360 for the first time in almost a month. >_>
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #487
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
Looking at the "special additions" they're adding in 1.8.x Beta, for the Xbox 360, gives me a bit of a bigger smile than it should... you all *~do~* realize that a lot of these special features (especially turning on/off Fire spread and TNT) weren't EVER a "feature" added in Vanilla Minecraft on the PC (and I don't think were even around before 1.0.x Full). Some of these features are beloved MODs, that mostly feature in Bukkit or on World Guard and other "anti-grief" MODs.
the ability to turn on and off fire and things are being added in the next pc version with the new player commands and command blocks
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #488
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Quote:

Makes me wonder what other amazing features we can expect in the future, before it's time.

...though, now this means I might actually have a reason to fire up the Xbox 360 for the first time in almost a month. >_>
Looks like 4J really is trying to make this a different experience from the PC version Can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store for us.
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #489
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
Looks like 4J really is trying to make this a different experience from the PC version Can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store for us.
I think what they are trying to do at the moment is balance what the PC version actually has with what tools the PC version actually has available to it, things like the anti griefing tools that are in this one have never been necessary in the PC game because we can just edit the server files to do it but that is obviously impossible on a console so they need to provide an option for it
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #490
DecadentBeaver

Sounds like a great idea to implement these ideas for xbox. Nothing worse than people coming into your world and grief stuff when you're not looking. Happened to many times to me.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #491
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
the ability to turn on and off fire and things are being added in the next pc version with the new player commands and command blocks
Oh, trust me, I know.... and I'm ~soooo~ looking forward to playing around with that, and tinkering with Beacons.

Though... my buddy, and host of my favorite server, showed me something similar, but totally different... he's got a plug-in that does all manner of insanity, while using a similar "command block" interface. He set one block up so that you can use it for teleporting (that's easy enough), another to summon forth selected mods (he brought forth countless Ender Dragons, which started wrecking the overworld... thankfully, this was just a test server)... and even set up a "Smite the Admin!" block... which I loved abusing.

Makes me want to run a server of my own, just to get Bukkit and all those delightful plug-ins.

Quote:
Indeed... and for once, it's a company that doesn't go: "Our version is a different experience from the PC version..." and then s*** all over the fanbase, with half-done updates, and garbage content... all while expecting the same amount of money from it's customer base. 4J and Mojang have me feeling mighty happy with them.

Quote:
I think what they are trying to do at the moment is balance what the PC version actually has with what tools the PC version actually has available to it, things like the anti griefing tools that are in this one have never been necessary in the PC game because we can just edit the server files to do it but that is obviously impossible on a console so they need to provide an option for it
Exactly what I was thinking. With "World Guard", one can basically rollback everything that a griefer does to their server... or limit people to being unable to do anything grief-like. Now, the Xbox is going to have some of those delicious features to chew on. And did anyone else get a big grin, upon seeing that the "Autosave" feature now has a countdown, to warn you of when it's going to save? That'll be ideal for people who want to host "twenty-four hour servers" on their Xbox, and people playing on those "servers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Sounds like a great idea to implement these ideas for xbox. Nothing worse than people coming into your world and grief stuff when you're not looking. Happened to many times to me.
Exactly. And while I've not been the target of griefing, I have seen it happen to my friend's worlds. Nothing makes me more annoyed than people whos idea of "fun" is ruining the fun of others. It's a jerk move, and these new features should nip some of that crap in the bud.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #492
DecadentBeaver

Yeah, griefers have a wall of shame in my world that shamefully hides behind my wall of fame. I will be happy that I can limit what goes on in my world now and who by. That way I can let friends of friends on, without them screwing up everything. Least they can look at what they'd love to destroy. Then I can skewer them on my diamond sword.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #493
Paradaj909

paradaj909's Gamercard
awesome cant wait

i cant wait for this update im gonna try out the tutorial first then me and my friends are gonna play on survival hard and each of us are gonna make a colony in the same map and only meet up to trade items i expect this update like if it is a new game lol
Paradaj909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #494
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Best news in the update being furnace minecarts will actually work! yay! And I'm so glad they removed Herobrine finally. Been wreaking havoc on my world since day 1...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #495
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Best news in the update being furnace minecarts will actually work! yay! And I'm so glad they removed Herobrine finally. Been wreaking havoc on my world since day 1...
Still slow as hell though

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #496
DecadentBeaver

Not something I've ever bothered with. I prefer to ride my minecarts. Chests in a minecart never worked well for me though. Need more power rails!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #497
RDrules

Quote:
Not something I've ever bothered with. I prefer to ride my minecarts. Chests in a minecart never worked well for me though. Need more power rails!
minecraft physics the heavier the minecart the faster it moves, you need about 4x the amount of powered rails to move an empty (chest cart counts as empty) cart than a full one
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #498
DecadentBeaver

Cheers, looks like I'm making loads more powered rails then. Got a metric shit ton of gold, so that's not a problem. Don't really matter, as when Creative mode is out, I'm turning my world on to Creative and finishing the world off. Taking too long to build everything I want to make. Plus all the new blocks coming in will help me update current buildings to look better.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #499
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

I just want to be able to push a chest cart with a furnace cart to get the stuff to the surface to wait for my return.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #500
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I just want to be able to grow sugar cane. :/

Unless I'm missing something. I'm used to the PC version where I can just plant it on sand.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #501
DecadentBeaver

I think on Xbox, sugar cane will only grow on dirt blocks.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #502
Terra Branford

Quote:
I think on Xbox, sugar cane will only grow on dirt blocks.
As of Beta 1.8 Sugar Cane can be planted on Dirt, Grass, and Sand. So unless they change something for the Xbox 360 Edition, it'll grow just fine, on Sand. Though, even on 1.3.2 Full, I refuse to grow my Sugar Cane on Sand, because it looks weird to me.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #503
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
As of Beta 1.8 Sugar Cane can be planted on Dirt, Grass, and Sand. So unless they change something for the Xbox 360 Edition, it'll grow just fine, on Sand. Though, even on 1.3.2 Full, I refuse to grow my Sugar Cane on Sand, because it looks weird to me.
Weird, because I can't stand having to grow my sugar cane on dirt. Auto Farms work a lot cheaper with sand also, doesn't require the pistons to be sticky.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #504
Holy Hunter

I noticed when I was playing without the patch it has the coding in place for capes.

I don't think this has been mentioned before but I wonder how long it will be before they add them.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #505
RDrules

same, i have to build sugar cane farms on sand even none auto ones it just seems nicer to me and everything else apart from cactus grows in dirt so it adds a nice variation in the farm
Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #506
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
Weird, because I can't stand having to grow my sugar cane on dirt. Auto Farms work a lot cheaper with sand also, doesn't require the pistons to be sticky.
Heh... I guess my dislike for using Sand on my farm is weird to everyone... then again, I also ~insist~ on covering ~all~ "water troughs" in my farm with Lily Pads... so all that green works for me.

I also don't tend to go for "Automatic Farms", strictly because I know I'm already going to have to replant all of my seeds anyway, so why waste resources making everything only "Semi-automatic"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Hunter View Post
I noticed when I was playing without the patch it has the coding in place for capes.

I don't think this has been mentioned before but I wonder how long it will be before they add them.
I'd love to have capes, if only so I can make my own, and so I can make my Terra Branford skin 100% complete. The lack of a cape makes me sad face.

Quote:
same, i have to build sugar cane farms on sand even none auto ones it just seems nicer to me and everything else apart from cactus grows in dirt so it adds a nice variation in the farm
Heh, that's kind of a nice contrast, actually... but sand still just doesn't feel "natural" to grow "Sugar Cane" on (especially given that my texture pack makes it look like bamboo reeds).
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #507
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Hunter View Post

We have quite the utility belt so capes shouldn't be too far away. If only I had a batmobile instead of a stupid minecart...
Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #508
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Will this update give us the ability to use bonemeal to grow large mushrooms?
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #509
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Will this update give us the ability to use bonemeal to grow large mushrooms?
Mushroom biomes aren't being included in this update. Think we're getting swamp biomes along with ravines and rivers though. So that's a start.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #510
RDrules

Quote:
Heh, that's kind of a nice contrast, actually... but sand still just doesn't feel "natural" to grow "Sugar Cane" on (especially given that my texture pack makes it look like bamboo reeds).
true, i get sick of mud though in farming, we have fields of melons, pumpkins, wheat and cocoa beans plus all the animal pens on it and nether wart on soul sand which isnt much of a contrast so its nice to have cactus and sugar around just to break it up a bit ... will be even more so with the next update since i have to find room for potatoes and carrots to