PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #571
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
100%.

Playing without creative and without the new survival features just feels pointless knowing that this is coming very soon.

I wish they'd give us a definite date because surely they know when it will drop by now. Maybe someone should try 4J twitter again?
4J just said that they don't know. They are in the dark now too. Microsoft has it and only they know, 4J don't know anything right now.
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #572
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
::sigh::

It's official - I have zero interest in playing until creative comes out I jumped on my main world and just started blowing up buildings and stuff. Then exited without saving. Knowing what's around the corner, it just doesn't feel fun anymore at the moment.

Anyone else feel this way?
nope... actually i cant believe everyone s begging for it so much i dont know many people that seriously use creative on PC it tends to just be something people use now and again to try something out on or show off
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #573
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I feel the same as Gary. I just can't get in to it at the moment. I've spent over 4 months gathering resources, and doing it the legit way, and for those who've seen my photobucket picture of my Ocean Garden, that was legit, and took frickin ages to make. Plus I've used so much of my resources as well, my underground has been well and truly cleared from what I can find easily. I'll switch that world to Creative soon enough, and have a new world on survival so I get full advantage of the new additions and have 2 worlds on the go.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #574
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
::sigh::

It's official - I have zero interest in playing until creative comes out I jumped on my main world and just started blowing up buildings and stuff. Then exited without saving. Knowing what's around the corner, it just doesn't feel fun anymore at the moment.

Anyone else feel this way?
Actually, I've found new life in the game. Instead of waiting, I'm creating my own 'flat' world. Not an easy task but its coming along quite nicely. Who needs creative!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #575
DecadentBeaver

Creating your own flat world? Wow, that's a serious time sink lol. The update will be out before you manage that haha

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #576
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Speaking of clearing out land, has anyone else thought of using creative to completely strip a world down to bedrock? I did it in a 16x16 chunk on my main world, as part of my slime farm/mob trap.

Just got me to thinking if it's been done before?
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #577
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Speaking of bedrock, I was so happy to see it in the block list for creative. You see on my really good world I had made my Nether portal down at Bedrock (to match the theme of the Nether), I have Netherrak around and some Soul Sand but the floor has some spots missing where some Bedrock should go.

Will we be able to break bedrock in creative and fall into the void? That would be cool and bad at the same time.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #578
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Creating your own flat world? Wow, that's a serious time sink lol. The update will be out before you manage that haha
Of course, I'll never get it done. My two bases are some distance apart and I'm trying to make flat land between the two. It actually is a good use for all of the cobblestone I have stashed away in chests.

Oh and yes, stripping a world down to bedrock was discussed in one of the threads. Just can't remember which one.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #579
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Will we be able to break bedrock in creative and fall into the void? That would be cool and bad at the same time.
you can on PC so i would expect so

Quote:
Speaking of clearing out land, has anyone else thought of using creative to completely strip a world down to bedrock? I did it in a 16x16 chunk on my main world, as part of my slime farm/mob trap.

i think we can safely say its never been done before since PC worlds are several times the size of the earth but even on creative on the map the size of the xboxs it would take forever, the math was done in another thread using pics but even with the ability to instantly break blocks it wouldnt be fast

Last edited by RDrules; 10-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #580
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
Quote:

Connect a usb keyboard, then hold Ctrl + A, and press Delete. . . would be hell of a lot easier
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #581
Ult1mat3spartan

NinJa Crafted's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kierons316 View Post
Connect a usb keyboard, then hold Ctrl + A, and press Delete. . . would be hell of a lot easier
What does it do when you do that? Does it clear the whole world to bedrock?
Ult1mat3spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #582
DecadentBeaver

Clearing the whole world to bedrock will take some time, but in creative, you could just spam TNT and destroy the world. Be a damned sight quicker and with ravines being added, you could quickly split the world in two.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #583
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Clearing the whole world to bedrock will take some time, but in creative, you could just spam TNT and destroy the world. Be a damned sight quicker and with ravines being added, you could quickly split the world in two.
Wouldn't that throw the world off it's axis and make the sun rise in the east and set in the west?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #584
RDrules

Quote:
you'd probably kill the xbox
Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #585
Rasp

Can't wait for the next update to be released. It'll give me a reason to start a new world and start playing again.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #586
Mr. Smith

UnbornPayload's Gamercard
Has anyone heard any sort of news pertaining to the release of the update?

I'm just really bored, and this update will get me back into Minecraft.
Mr. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #587
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

when MS are finished with the testing
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #588
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

All we know currently is that the update will probably happen sometime next week. (between Monday the 15th and Friday the 19th).

You don't want news before then though. If they give us news it means something in testing went wrong and they have to fix it. No news means everything is going according to plan.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #589
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
when MS are finished with the testing
Hopefully they will be done before the 17th or else I won't be playing the update for a while. Doom 3 and Serious Sam 3 will be keeping me busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
You don't want news before then though. If they give us news it means something in testing went wrong and they have to fix it. No news means everything is going according to plan.
I agree. When we get the update, it will probably just happen overnight at some point. The first announcement of it being out will probably be the first person to report getting the update.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #590
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Wouldn't that throw the world off it's axis and make the sun rise in the east and set in the west?
Actually, that is a distinct possibility. It would certainly screw up the weather system, and seasons would change. Possible extinction event could occur.

@RDrules. That is also a possibility. I do like my TNT far too much, and should seek some kind of help.

OT. As far as I'm concerned, no news is good news. I've got half a dozen new games to keep me occupied until the updates release. Still excited and impatient, but I can at least keep my mind off it as much as I can. Just know the second its available, we're gonna get loads of people missing from the forums. Be like a ghost town!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #591
Jam656es

ASF2's Gamercard
I only know this because I've had a few worlds freeze up on me
Jam656es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #592
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam656es View Post
I only know this because I've had a few worlds freeze up on me
Nice dodgy image links..

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #593
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
...OT. As far as I'm concerned, no news is good news. I've got half a dozen new games to keep me occupied until the updates release. Still excited and impatient, but I can at least keep my mind off it as much as I can. Just know the second its available, we're gonna get loads of people missing from the forums. Be like a ghost town!
Probably be all abuzz with people complaining about the new mode, doesn't do this or that like the PC, they have it so nice on PC, why didn't they add 'this' like on the PC, etc. Of course, I'm a cynical person...
Old 10-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #594
RDrules

Quote:
Probably be all abuzz with people complaining about the new mode, doesn't do this or that like the PC, they have it so nice on PC, why didn't they add 'this' like on the PC, etc. Of course, I'm a cynical person...
thats always going to happen, especially since the new PC update will be coming around the same time
Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #595
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

skin pack 3:

this ones for you burnout

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #596
DecadentBeaver

Yeah, there will be some people who are gonna bitch about it. Personally I just can't wait, and I'm also organising with 2 new friends to work on a brand new world when its released.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #597
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
skin pack 3:

this ones for you burnout
-snip-

Zombie Pigman

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 10-12-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #598
Lord Arkhan

lord arkhan's Gamercard
Quote:
My question to them is if you hate the 360 version so much and the PC version is just that much better why don't you go out any BUY the PC version and leave us that enjoy the 360 one alone.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #599
DecadentBeaver

Maybe they can't afford a PC. Like myself, I have played the PC version and think its miles better, but I make do with the 360 version as its all I can afford. But at least I'm not crying like a newborn over it. Either way, the update is looming woop!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #600
RDrules

i play both because the 360 version has its uses for things even though the pc one is worlds better