PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #1261
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaZZa View Post
TU 11 bug fix now released. Just got it.
Holy Hell it passed cert testing that fast, and same day release ? I'm impressed

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #1262
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2345 View Post
Holy Hell it passed cert testing that fast, and same day release ? I'm impressed
its a bug fix so yeah, its only when theres new content that things take time...

not that i can see why like since MS obviously dont test much considering these bug fixes have been needed
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1263
Delta3519
Unstoppable Chaos

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
its a bug fix so yeah, its only when theres new content that things take time...

not that i can see why like since MS obviously dont test much considering these bug fixes have been needed
There are always going to be some regardless if you check for them or not. But checking does cut down on them
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #1264
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2345 View Post
Bug fix updates never take 2 weeks like game updates does. Bug fix updates always come out within a few days. I was right when I said we should have it by Friday.
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #1265
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaZZa View Post
TU 11 bug fix now released. Just got it.
Inb4 "Secret Friday updates are real!!!!".

Quote:

I have no clue what, if anything, Microsoft tests during Certification... some of the bugs that have remained in Minecraft were so serious, that within two minutes of loading the game, they should be obvious to anyone playing the game.

Maybe they spend that time playing Madden or something, instead.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #1266
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Well they said they don't play or test the game itself durning cert testing. They only test code to see if its okay to put up on Live and don't have anything that could hack their Xbox Live in any way.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #1267
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta3519 View Post
There are always going to be some regardless if you check for them or not. But checking does cut down on them
yeah i get that but some of the bugs that just slip through a drunken blind monkey could spot within seconds of turning on the game... some of these in minecraft have been stupid and just make it seem like no testing has happened by anyone before they release updates

also theres a large list of bugs that were known to be n the counterpart updates on pc that were ported to this and not fixed even though fixes were available on pc before they started working on the updates

it just makes it seem like they dont test a damn thing with all the testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary200 View Post
Well they said they don't play or test the game itself durning cert testing. They only test code to see if its okay to put up on Live and don't have anything that could hack their Xbox Live in any way.

they dont go actively search for bugs in the game themselves but part of the testing does include that 4j or whoever the dev is for a title are supposed to test for them themselves then provide a written record to ms for them to ensure that everything has been dealt with to a minimal standard.

I would assume that this would include some kind of play to ensure that the game meets standards even if its not strictly a play test on its own

Last edited by RDrules; 05-10-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #1268
Terra Branford

Quote:
That makes sense... though, you'd think someone at ~4J~ would take a moment to play the game, post-patching, to see if everything is alright.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #1269
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
That makes sense... though, you'd think someone at ~4J~ would take a moment to play the game, post-patching, to see if everything is alright.
Well 4J are supposed to test for things and play test it before the cert testing part. And they do have the live stream plays a few times but most of the time it seems they must not really play after or before those live stream since we got really big bugs that I ran into within 10 mins of playing, without even trying to find them. lol
Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #1270
Terra Branford

Quote:
Well 4J are supposed to test for things and play test it before the cert testing part. And they do have the live stream plays a few times but most of the time it seems they must not really play after or before those live stream since we got really big bugs that I ran into within 10 mins of playing, without even trying to find them. lol
I've said this before, and it's mostly conjecture on my part... but they might not be playing on standard Xbox 360 consoles... and instead are using DevKit systems. So they might not be seeing the bugs we see, because it's technically different hardware.

But that's just an assumption on my part, and might not even be the real reason they don't see these bugs.

It could also be due to Predators. _
Old 05-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #1271
RDrules

Quote:
I've said this before, and it's mostly conjecture on my part... but they might not be playing on standard Xbox 360 consoles... and instead are using DevKit systems. So they might not be seeing the bugs we see, because it's technically different hardware.

But that's just an assumption on my part, and might not even be the real reason they don't see these bugs.

It could also be due to Predators. _
they will be using a test XDK to run it yes but that shouldnt cause any issues with testing pother than a few bugs wth it interfacing with live like the screenshot system messing up because of live changes last year wouldnt be able to be tested

XDKS that are for testing purposes are almost identical to the produced consoles except for that they can a. play unsigned code obviously to test unreleased games and b. dont connect to the live network

so any bugs we see should be able to be found with that unless theyre to do with the live interface (not online itself because they have a separate network to test that on called pnet)

oh and the current dev kits actually look amazing... which isnt a difference that has anything to do with minecraft but its worth noting they look a million times better than the actual 360s

so yeah.. what im saying in short is hey will be using XDKs (dev kits) but the dev kits should be able to show them any bug the actual game will get
Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #1272
Terra Branford

Quote:
they will be using a test XDK to run it yes but that shouldnt cause any issues with testing pother than a few bugs wth it interfacing with live like the screenshot system messing up because of live changes last year wouldnt be able to be tested

XDKS that are for testing purposes are almost identical to the produced consoles except for that they can a. play unsigned code obviously to test unreleased games and b. dont connect to the live network

so any bugs we see should be able to be found with that unless theyre to do with the live interface (not online itself because they have a separate network to test that on called pnet)

oh and the current dev kits actually look amazing... which isnt a difference that has anything to do with minecraft but its worth noting they look a million times better than the actual 360s

so yeah.. what im saying in short is hey will be using XDKs (dev kits) but the dev kits should be able to show them any bug the actual game will get
I figured they were using Dev Kits (I didn't really know they are known as XDKs for short though)... but if they are virtually identical units... then they have no real excuse for the bugs.

Though... you mentioned something that brought up a "Wait!!!!" moment here... because I am on a Silver account, I never play in "Online Mode" (obviously, because I can't)... and I almost never see the bugs most people are complaining about. But, while I was on a Gold (in the past, and the latest Free Gold Weekend), I did notice a great deal more bugs... especially lag-related issues.

I wonder, if because they aren't on LIVE, if they aren't able to see those Online related bugs?

Either way... there should be better bug testing going on... but I guess we should just be happy they are willing to do bug fixes so quickly. They could just go: "Free update, what'd you expect? We'll fix it next month. Until then buy more Skin Packs!".
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #1273
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
I figured they were using Dev Kits (I didn't really know they are known as XDKs for short though)... but if they are virtually identical units... then they have no real excuse for the bugs.

Though... you mentioned something that brought up a "Wait!!!!" moment here... because I am on a Silver account, I never play in "Online Mode" (obviously, because I can't)... and I almost never see the bugs most people are complaining about. But, while I was on a Gold (in the past, and the latest Free Gold Weekend), I did notice a great deal more bugs... especially lag-related issues.

I wonder, if because they aren't on LIVE, if they aren't able to see those Online related bugs?

Either way... there should be better bug testing going on... but I guess we should just be happy they are willing to do bug fixes so quickly. They could just go: "Free update, what'd you expect? We'll fix it next month. Until then buy more Skin Packs!".
Its funny you should say that cause 4J posted a picture the other day and in it, it had 8 different Xbox360 hooked up to 8 TV's and someone ask them about it and they said its to test online bugs with all 8 players. So they do play online with Gold accounts.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #1274
RDrules

Quote:

well they do have a way to test things online but for security reasons it's through a different net work to live (obviously dont want leaks and people managing to sneak through to test versions etc using the public platform)

but minecrafts always had more bugs online on pc aswell due to the way online works there so it could just be that since they are building from the pc version they have ported over

I dont think anything with the XDK could really vindicate them from blame over the majority of the bugs in the game,especially since its an arcade game because they dont even have to deal with the DVD emulators etc
Quote:
Its funny you should say that cause 4J posted a picture the other day and in it, it had 8 different Xbox360 hooked up to 8 TV's and someone ask them about it and they said its to test online bugs with all 8 players. So they do play online with Gold accounts.
playng with 8 TVs around like that could just be system link though which isnt exactly teh same as online test wise... but as i said before they do have Pnet to test on but they wouldnt be using live because using live would be too much of a security risk (just ask ubisoft for proof of that after al tehy just went through with blood dragon on Uplay:P)

Last edited by RDrules; 05-11-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #1275
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
The free skin pack is solid for the most part, especially as there's the Zombie Pigman with a party hat

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1276
Delta3519
Unstoppable Chaos

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
yeah i get that but some of the bugs that just slip through a drunken blind monkey could spot within seconds of turning on the game... some of these in minecraft have been stupid and just make it seem like no testing has happened by anyone before they release updates

also theres a large list of bugs that were known to be n the counterpart updates on pc that were ported to this and not fixed even though fixes were available on pc before they started working on the updates

it just makes it seem like they dont test a damn thing with all the testing
I get that. When they are adding new content I think they are only looking at it's coding. Then when it is updated the codes mix in a way they might not of expected making new glitches. (This is just a theory of mine) Or they might just be trying to get the update out ASAP. Then fix glitches later when people give them feed back rather then looking at a ton of code and hoping to find something
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #1277
Genetix

4J Studios ‏@4JStudios 1h
For all those asking, we are working on TU12! It'll be based on Java version 1.2.3, with a few features from later versions. #MinecraftXBLA

4J Studios ‏@4JStudios 1h
@CaptainKierenJT Horses won't be in TU12, they'll be in a later update

I really hope TU12 comes out soon-ish, I really need some of the things the update brings to get me back into Minecraft again.
Genetix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #1278
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Cool. Can't wait for Horses in the next big update after TU12.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #1279
RDrules

Quote:
Cool. Can't wait for Horses in the next big update after TU12.
i wouldnt count on it being the one after either... probably not the one after that either

some complete idiots basically asked them on twitter and they said in future... why is pretty simple they arent on the pc version yet so theyre not going to be on here until at least the one after the pcs next update probably 2 or 3 updates in teh future from here at the current pace, if this ones 1.2 then theres still 1.3, the pretty scary update (1.4) and the redstone update (1.5) that they havent caught up with completely
Old 05-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #1280
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
i wouldnt count on it being the one after either... probably not the one after that either

some complete idiots basically asked them on twitter and they said in future... why is pretty simple they arent on the pc version yet so theyre not going to be on here until at least the one after the pcs next update probably 2 or 3 updates in teh future from here at the current pace, if this ones 1.2 then theres still 1.3, the pretty scary update (1.4) and the redstone update (1.5) that they havent caught up with completely
They giving us extra stuff in the TU12 update too. So 1.2.3 and more they said. So the Horses will get added next. When we got The End update they said cats will be in a future update, which is the next big one not counting the 2 bug fixes. So TU13 will be bug fix then TU14 should have Horses added plus they may start adding the new Xbox360 only things too.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #1281
RDrules

Quote:
They giving us extra stuff in the TU12 update too. So 1.2.3 and more they said. So the Horses will get added next. When we got The End update they said cats will be in a future update, which is the next big one not counting the 2 bug fixes. So TU13 will be bug fix then TU14 should have Horses added plus they may start adding the new Xbox360 only things too.
id put money against that, yeah they'll add something from the future but it will be the smaller things like the last one the brought forwards some of the smaller parts of 1.4, thsi one will likely be some more of the decoration things from1.4 and 1.5 but the major part of the updates so far has been left until the next one

example, the last one includes most of 1.2 yets missing the major part of that update, jungles and improved world height then the next ones bringing it to 1.2.3 (haha buggy 1.2 that was ditched really quickly sucks) with some from the future in other words theyre bringing the major thing now with some small parts from 1.3,4 and 5 (my guess fireworks and the decor theyre missing from 1.3 upside down stairs etc)

next qwill be 1.3s major addition and some more small bits.. basically will have villager updates like trading, zombie attacks etc

then you will have the 1.4 major parts with small parts from 1.5 and probably 1.6 by then with hardened clay etc so the wither and associated content

then 1.4s major with some decor from 1.6 and above who knows what else but majorly it will be the redstone changes

then horses

this is based off everything theyve done so far .. ay be a little quicker but i wouldnt count on it
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #1282
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
id put money against that, yeah they'll add something from the future but it will be the smaller things like the last one the brought forwards some of the smaller parts of 1.4, thsi one will likely be some more of the decoration things from1.4 and 1.5 but the major part of the updates so far has been left until the next one

example, the last one includes most of 1.2 yets missing the major part of that update, jungles and improved world height then the next ones bringing it to 1.2.3 (haha buggy 1.2 that was ditched really quickly sucks) with some from the future in other words theyre bringing the major thing now with some small parts from 1.3,4 and 5 (my guess fireworks and the decor theyre missing from 1.3 upside down stairs etc)

next qwill be 1.3s major addition and some more small bits.. basically will have villager updates like trading, zombie attacks etc

then you will have the 1.4 major parts with small parts from 1.5 and probably 1.6 by then with hardened clay etc so the wither and associated content

then 1.4s major with some decor from 1.6 and above who knows what else but majorly it will be the redstone changes

then horses

this is based off everything theyve done so far .. ay be a little quicker but i wouldnt count on it
Also keep in mind that at first they said they will go in a different way after 1.2.3 update. So they may just give us new stuff with little parts from 1.4 and 1.5 and add Horses into the mix too.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #1283
RDrules

Quote:
Also keep in mind that at first they said they will go in a different way after 1.2.3 update. So they may just give us new stuff with little parts from 1.4 and 1.5 and add Horses into the mix too.
even if they do it wont be horses straight away because theyre not finished on pc yet, theyre not going to add them when theyre not finished, if they finish the 1.2.3 thing next move onto the next update then theyre gonna move onto something they can do straight away not onto something mojang arent finished with

if they go in a different direction with the PC stuff... not counting exclusive content then it will be one of the other parts of my roadmap there in a different order
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #1284
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Finally proper slab placement & upside down stairs...now all i need are hoppers & the redstone update and that's me happy

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #1285
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Upside down stairs is nice but the best thing they ever did was corner stairs

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #1286
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
anyone know if the next xbox will support java? thinking it would be nice if it did, then maybe 4J/mojang could just do direct ports and we wouldn't have to wait so long.

then again, this would benefit my niece and nephew more than myself. I've moved on to the PC version. I couldn't help myself.
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #1287
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

You guys did get the tidbit on the new xbox reveal that it won't be backward compatible, right? Not even arcade games...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #1288
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
You guys did get the tidbit on the new xbox reveal that it won't be backward compatible, right? Not even arcade games...
yup, i saw it and im done with the xbox now, not paying for any more arcade games at all because of it and certainly wont be getting the new console
Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #1289
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I want a gaming console for games. Not for tv or music. I have a remote and I have a PC, I don't need that extra crap. This console won't play unless kinect is attached either. BS, MS.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #1290
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
I want a gaming console for games. Not for tv or music. I have a remote and I have a PC, I don't need that extra crap. This console won't play unless kinect is attached either. BS, MS.
haha yeah it was amazing how the first 20mins was basically just things my cable remote can do already