PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #1501
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Minecraft coming to PS4, PS3 and Vita!!!!!
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #1502
rianbattle

Send a message via AIM to rianbattle Send a message via Yahoo to rianbattle

RianBattle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary200 View Post
Minecraft coming to PS4, PS3 and Vita!!!!!
and developed by 4j as well(tweeted this morning). absolutely amazing. especially if the vita version is anything like what we have now and not the pocket edition. i'm not sure on the vitas specs and i'm too lazy to look them up but what i've seen on other games it looks like it would be possible. i've been waiting for something like that, a portable version of minecraft to work on redstone circuits and planning builds while on lunch break or grocery shopping(i hate grocery shopping lol)

Games 100% (including DLC): 60

Currently Playing:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Minecraft
Terraria
rianbattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #1503
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well its Thursday and still nothing. I'm guessing the start of next week. Which will be good as I am away for a few days. Least we know its almost upon us.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #1504
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
TU12 should be out by Monday or Tuesday if its not done by Friday.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #1505
onyxguard11

CowboySoldier11's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary200 View Post
TU12 should be out by Monday or Tuesday if its not done by Friday.
I hope its Monday :/ im already gonna be busy with origins and lost planet 3 haha
onyxguard11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #1506
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
4J just announced on Twitter that the update should be rolling out now since it's passed certification.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #1507
ShaZZa

ShaZZa BFE's Gamercard
Oh yeah. TU12 downloaded
Let the fun begin
ShaZZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #1508
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Downloaded the update, I now have eight creeper heads on pikes in front of my castle!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #1509
WiltonStreet

WiltonStreet's Gamercard
Is it still the same deal; that you'll have to start a new world to get a jungle biome?

Had a very quick look at my game this morning. Found loads of ocelots on what I presumed was jungle biome grass (lime green earth blocks) but not a single tree. Will have a proper look around later on but I'm guessing I'll have to say goodbye to my world if I want some jungle
WiltonStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #1510
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

well. good news. none of my biomes have changed

has anyone else noticed a further render distance? it seems a LOT better. im loving the increased build height which means i can finally finish off my half build towers!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #1511
DecadentBeaver

Thought we were meant to be getting corner stairs and upside down stairs. Nothing of the sort added. Just Redstone lamp and mob heads. So basically all this wait for them 2 items and jungle biome. Anyone know what the issue is?

Ok, figured it out.

Stairs. For them to be upside down, place your cursor on the underside of the block that you want them to be placed.

Corner stairs. Just make an L shaped line of stairs and watch them transform into corner stairs.

Hope this helps people out if they see it.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.

Last edited by DecadentBeaver; 08-24-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #1512
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonStreet View Post
Is it still the same deal; that you'll have to start a new world to get a jungle biome?

Had a very quick look at my game this morning. Found loads of ocelots on what I presumed was jungle biome grass (lime green earth blocks) but not a single tree. Will have a proper look around later on but I'm guessing I'll have to say goodbye to my world if I want some jungle
I can confirm this as I just tried it: if your world has any unexplored, unloaded chunks, it can create a jungle biome. I had a world I created months ago, explored in creative, but didn't save. Just reloaded and explored again and found a jungle biome.

On a side note, I've been running into a few issues since the update. Anyone else run into these?:
Raining in snow biomes, not snowing
Random rain cutoff at the faded green grass (forest biome, I think)
Extremely slow minecart speed
Snow Golems living in some biomes, but dying in others and making snow in only some biomes
Wolverine674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #1513
Mopey

Mopey Pi's Gamercard
I have experienced some heavy biome shifting.

For example, all of the desert area is now frosty. It did not snow/rain, yet. But every open-water spot turns the top to ice.

And also, the field of view has been reduced. There was a time where I could watch the lighttower or castletower from blocks far, far away. But now I cannot even see until the wall which is in front of the castletower.

Does the upside-down-stair thingy work now, or not?
And where are the wooden blocks that we have been promised to turn around?

So, what gives? I have a frosty world with icy water where used to be a desert and I cannot see as far as I was used to. Weheee to ocelots and mob heads, yay.
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #1514
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
I think its going to be the 19th, 21st or 23rd
So, I was right? Heh-heh-heh. Never underestimate my powers of prediction... ;-)
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #1515
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post

For example, all of the desert area is now frosty. It did not snow/rain, yet. But every open-water spot turns the top to ice.

And also, the field of view has been reduced. There was a time where I could watch the lighttower or castletower from blocks far, far away. But now I cannot even see until the wall which is in front of the castletower.

So, what gives? I have a frosty world with icy water where used to be a desert and I cannot see as far as I was used to. Weheee to ocelots and mob heads, yay.

What do you mean by wooden blocks to turn around?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #1516
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
I guess we were supposed to be able to place wood blocks, meaning logs of spruce, birch and oak, not planks, sideways instead of just up. Don't know if that was removed or not working.

Quote:

I just found out that's why my world was acting weird, biome shift. I created a new world with my old seed and my plains is a jungle, my forest is a desert and taiga is a jungle. Oh well, guess I'll deal with the weirdness or build a new world.

As for the stairs, it works for me placing them upside down. I think you have to be pointing at a block above, not at the top of a block in front of you.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #1517
Mopey

Mopey Pi's Gamercard
Quote:
Normal trees have their 'age rings' showing up to the sky and downwards. In early TU12 pictures you could see wooden blocks which age rings were showing sideways. As if the block was placed different from what is usual.

I hope that was a good description (:
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #1518
Geordiefly

GeordieFly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Whats with the zombies??? I started a new world on easy, found a village and then when it became dark I got swarmed by zombies and creepers and the zombies were bashing down the doors freaking out the villagers!!
I thought it was only meant to be on hard that they could do that?!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #1519
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Normal trees have their 'age rings' showing up to the sky and downwards. In early TU12 pictures you could see wooden blocks which age rings were showing sideways. As if the block was placed different from what is usual.

I hope that was a good description (:
care to get a picture?

also think of a wood block as a piston, you can choose which side you want to see

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 08-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #1520
DecadentBeaver

Yes, I understand the wooden block thing now. To be perfectly honest, I had no clue that they were going to be including this, so never checked. Would be great if they did.

The half slabs can be placed on the upper half of a block space now, just found this out, and has to be placed the same way as the upside down stairs do. Just a heads up.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #1521
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordiefly View Post
Whats with the zombies??? I started a new world on easy, found a village and then when it became dark I got swarmed by zombies and creepers and the zombies were bashing down the doors freaking out the villagers!!
I thought it was only meant to be on hard that they could do that?!
Were they actually breaking the doors down or just bashing on them? I was playing on normal and some zombies were bashing on the doors, but never broke in.

And I believe I read somewhere that there's a chance that night will bring a zombie horde, so that explains the swarm.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #1522
Geordiefly

GeordieFly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine674 View Post
Were they actually breaking the doors down or just bashing on them? I was playing on normal and some zombies were bashing on the doors, but never broke in.

And I believe I read somewhere that there's a chance that night will bring a zombie horde, so that explains the swarm.
I checked the update list and zombie swarms can apparently occur at night so that explain that! It was fun with them all appearing and bashing at the doors.

They were hitting on the door for a while and then it broke and dropped on the ground as an item. It was close to where a creeper exploded around the same time, but nothing on the house was damaged and the damaged blocks stopped a few blocks away from the house. Might have just been the creeper and a bit of lag, but it did look like it was the zombies responsible. Will have to test it out again later :S
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #1523
WDA I Rellik

WDA I Rellik's Gamercard
It's definitely worth to explore the new Tutorial-World.
Lots of interesting things to discover.
WDA I Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #1524
FlackoWeasel

Send a message via MSN to FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel's Gamercard
Do Jumgle Tempes come with the Jungle too? I myself havent found any Desert Tempes at all. I have heard Jungle Temples are in Jungle, but I havent found any...

Nutty Female Gamer, So Nutty So Crazy!
FlackoWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #1525
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlackoWeasel View Post
Do Jumgle Tempes come with the Jungle too? I myself havent found any Desert Tempes at all. I have heard Jungle Temples are in Jungle, but I havent found any...
I've created a handful of new worlds to see if I could find any Jungle Temples, but haven't found one. This is only a guess, and I might be wrong, but since the Chiseled Stone Brick, which can only be found in Jungle Temples, is only available via Creative mode, perhaps the temples are not in this update.

Wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in it since I've never seen a Desert Temple, either
Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #1526
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I didn't expect to come back from my holiday to this update, pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlackoWeasel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine674 View Post
I've created a handful of new worlds to see if I could find any Jungle Temples, but haven't found one. This is only a guess, and I might be wrong, but since the Chiseled Stone Brick, which can only be found in Jungle Temples, is only available via Creative mode, perhaps the temples are not in this update.

Wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in it since I've never seen a Desert Temple, either
Jungle Temples are not included.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #1527
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
4J: We're looking forward to the release of the trailer for the first Mash-up Pack this Sunday!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #1528
DecadentBeaver

Damn biome changes all the way to hell. Again, a world of mine has been ruined by snow biomes. This time, its a creative world I have spent on it, is, well, its gotta be around a full weeks worth of my time. Now snow booked are scattered all over it. To say I am pissed off is a massive understatement. Really lost the desire to make something big and impressive. Not the first time its happened. Last time it was creative coming that ruined 4 months of solid hard work by me and 16 others.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #1529
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Damn biome changes all the way to hell. Again, a world of mine has been ruined by snow biomes. This time, its a creative world I have spent on it, is, well, its gotta be around a full weeks worth of my time. Now snow booked are scattered all over it. To say I am pissed off is a massive understatement. Really lost the desire to make something big and impressive. Not the first time its happened. Last time it was creative coming that ruined 4 months of solid hard work by me and 16 others.
That sucks, these biome changes really do hit the Xbox version hard because of the small world size.

EDIT: Looks like the lighting is acting a bit funny in certain areas, nothing massive however.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 08-30-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #1530
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

trailer for mash up pack tommorow 1st september

https://twitter.com/4JStudios

it should be releasing shortly after the trailer.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:

Last edited by JORDAN K 95; 09-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.