PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
Explain me the end pls?spoiler!

Ok im so confused?there are like 3 endings.
So captain miller is a psycho or whats going on?lol
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Really? 3 different endings? That's cool! I'm just into the first part, so this is news to me.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Pinion13

pinion1313's Gamercard
This explains most of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spec_Ops:_The_Line#Story
Pinion13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion13 View Post
According to this link, it says there's FOUR endings! WOW!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Yeah there are four endings, two are from the main last chapter of the game and the other two are from an Epilogue which you unlock by choosing one of the reactions from the last chapter of the main game. You need to do them all anyway to unlock the achievements relating to them.

Ending 1 - Shoot:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

And

Ending 2 - Don't Shoot:

And

Ending 3 - Continuation from 'Shoot' - Surrender:

And

Ending 4 - Continuation from 'Shoot' - Don't Surrender:

Last edited by AmbaLaBamba; 07-01-2012 at 09:20 PM.
AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah... 4 endings that are only affected by the last decision you make and are barely different. I mean, the same thing doesn't happen, but it only changes a few seconds worth of story.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
For some reason i just can read your first ending spoiler.
But thanks for the first ending!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
ckingvengence

ckingrevenge's Gamercard
the op was right there are only three endings because one of the last decision doesn't end the game but continues it.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal2807 View Post
For some reason i just can read your first ending spoiler.
But thanks for the first ending!
Should be able to read them all now!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Sarsage

sarsage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Should be able to read them all now!
Ending 2 doesn't work still, just letting you know.
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsage View Post
Ending 2 doesn't work still, just letting you know.
Now it should!

Should just have one ending after all this messing around...

Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
this game is even more intriguing now
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
Nooo damn it i fogot that there is another ending if you DONT put your weapon down to surrender.Damn it!XD
Nah whatever...Thanks for all the endings explainiation.
I thought if you dont shoot Konrad,then he is real and will kill you .
I was so confused in the ending.
But this is game is soo awesome !!!!I hope they will make dlc's and spec ops the line 2.
I dont know why but i always wanted a game with sand , and finally a good game with sand.
Just amazing game.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Quote:
Nooo damn it i fogot that there is another ending if you DONT put your weapon down to surrender.Damn it!XD
Nah whatever...Thanks for all the endings explainiation.
I thought if you dont shoot Konrad,then he is real and will kill you .
I was so confused in the ending.
But this is game is soo awesome !!!!I hope they will make dlc's and spec ops the line 2.
I dont know why but i always wanted a game with sand , and finally a good game with sand.
Just amazing game.
When that happened I thought someone else had killed you, but apparently not. Thinking back on it though he was a bit crazy so go figure him doing that to himself. LOL

Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There are actually 5 endings. And the last one is the most fucked up. I don't remember how to put spoiler tags on this site so read on at your own risk.

SPOILERS

When you are given the choice to surrender in the Epilogue, headshot the guy with the AA12. Then proceed to slaughter all of the soldiers. DO NOT DIE! If you kill all of them, he'll walk up to the last soldier's corpse. Then he'll pick up the radio where the commander is on the comm asking for an update on the situation. He says "Welcome to Dubai, gentlemen." The same thing that he said when his team first arrived. This also shows that he has completely broken. Now I guess he'll continue on killing anyone that is sent there. I like this ending the best. And I think if they go for a sequel, it will be the canon ending. I can totally see the US learning what he's done and sending in a black ops team to assassinate him. Sounds pretty fun.

END SPOILERS

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
YEAH there are 5 endings you are soooo right!! The "fifth" ending was the first ending i choose .
And that shows that he is going to be the ultra psycho:O

Maybe adams survive and in spec ops the line 2 he will kill him lol

omg i want part 2 now please,k?k?k . ok k lol ^-^
Old 07-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Wow nice, I never thought about killing everyone at that part of the game but then again I was just in guns blazing and ended up getting slaughtered. Achievement earned and that was enough for me, nice work though adding that!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Wow nice, I never thought about killing everyone at that part of the game but then again I was just in guns blazing and ended up getting slaughtered. Achievement earned and that was enough for me, nice work though adding that!
No problem. It was my first playthrough so I didn't know about the scene if you died there. I thought I had to win or risk doing it over again. I never even saw that scene from dying there actually. I'll have to watch it later.

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
Old 07-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #19
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
Just beat my first playthrough, decided to shoot the mirror and not surrender and killed everyone, so awesome he becomes Konrad well that's what I figured and why I chose to kill everyone. Yeah, so actually 5 ending's as someone stated above. It branches off even more. So cool.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Last edited by Teh Phantomz; 07-03-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #20
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
But guys... i still have so many questions left....

Why did conrad shot himself in the head?
Why he told in chapter 15 that you could have stop and go home?I thought he got the order to go to dubai??
Is adams death? I mean you dont see him dying...Conrad is just in your head so he cant know if adams died.

THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME i wish i would understand all maybe on my third playthorugh =D
Old 07-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
But guys... i still have so many questions left....

Why did conrad shot himself in the head?
Why he told in chapter 15 that you could have stop and go home?I thought he got the order to go to dubai??
Is adams death? I mean you dont see him dying...Conrad is just in your head so he cant know if adams died.

THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME i wish i would understand all maybe on my third playthorugh =D
There's really no way to know for sure. You just have to go on speculation. Until it's refuted with DLC or a sequel, I'm going on the assumption that he shot himself because he was in deep shit and couldn't take it anymore.

He told you that you could have stopped and gone home at any point because it was true. The squad had orders to go in and rescue survivors. But once the mission details changed i.e. hostile engagement had occured, they should have followed military procedure and notified their superiors. Then command would tell them how to proceed. If they chose to disobey command, they could have bucked their orders and called for evac anyway.

And yes Adams is most certainly dead. He tells you to run since you are horribly outnumbered. It's obvious that you're both fucked. So he decides to sacrifice himself so you can go on. When you start running you hear the enemy unload on Adams. It's really just common sense that he died. That and he was going to let himself die anyway before he told you to escape. Remember how he was shouting at them to kill him? He just couldn't take it anymore.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Like I said though, the only way to know for sure would be for the devs to confirm it through DLC or a sequel.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #22
Mc1ovin11

Assassin Corvo's Gamercard
This game is awesome,a new IP and a breath of fresh air even though it is very,very dark air!!I kind of figured out the endings-just done one playthru-but i didn't kill everyone at the end so i'm gonna replay Ch15 again as i don't fancy trying that on my FUBAR run as its supposed to be mental.
Bring on the dlc and a sequel of equal or better quality and i will be a happy man.I heard a co-op dlc is due out?Anyone else hear that?
Mc1ovin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
NorseForce28

FondleMySausage's Gamercard
It was definitely a surprise for me. I was expecting another bland TPS with a boring story. I'm glad I was wrong.
NorseForce28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #24
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
From near the end of the game to the credits was a shocker to me. The part with the white phosphorous is shocking, as well as when you see that Konrad was never there and had been long dead, and it was all imagined in Walker's head.

One question I still have though is that who is good and bad? Is the 33rd the bad guys and are we good and the 33rd had just lost their marbles? Or is it the other way around, and we lost ours after seeing what's going on in Dubai and the 33rd were the good guys staying there trying to save people but saw us as a threat?

I think it's the second because of that white phosphorus scene, the soldier asks "why?" and then says "we were helping." Biggest shock ever in a while.

Apart from FUBAR, I love the game's story.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
Basically, Walker was so hell bent on being the Hero that after they dropped the Phospherus on the Civilians, his mind couldn't cope with the trauma he witnessed, you'll notice that its after that Mortar attack that he starts getting these "messages" from Konrad, when truth is, Konrad has been dead for 2 weeks and its his mind playing tricks on him.

DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I thought the pyschological angle of the story line was fantastically written, made a real change from the COD style 'the whole world is at war and only you can stop it' gung-ho pace.

Very much about the mental effects of war on the soldiers fighting it.....and not just how much of a digital bang we can make with C4 and air strikes...

Quite refreshing.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #27
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
I did enjoy the story alot and thus so the game, making it stand out abit more from the many shooters we have these days. The different endings are sure cool, and makes you wonder if Cap. Walker not already lost his mind at the very start, it seems obvious at the end by showing that communications radio he got and talking to Conrad with is broken (as two lose cables sticking out from the back) and the two guys hanging from the bridge where he has to choice between them are already dead, its these small moments that makes it very clear that Walker is obsessed with Conrad and already lost his mind. Its also clear that Conrad is only still alive in Walker,s imagination, in reality as we see at the chapter "Welcome" he,s realy dead and basicly shot himself in the head. I like it how Yager set up the story and how easy it can be to think what your doing is the right thing even when you know deep inside all you standing for is a lie.
I do remember that Yager was planning to make this game full co-op but dropped in favour for the story to be told right as they tought co-op would ruin that experince. Me personal think that it was still possible to play thru this game in co-op and not ruin the story or the gameplay moments at all but thats just my oppinion. What i do hope for it that Yager doing another Spec-Ops, even its not Cap. Walker we playing, i think they showed us there is still hope for shooter with a good story
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #28
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
I really loved this game's story, the cover mechanics not so much! I just wish it hadn't gone totally fight club at the end, because that was all I could think about.
I wish they hadn't gone with the imaginary Konrad, only because am I really suppose to buy Lugo and Adams heard Walker talking to nobody several times. Still they didn't challenge his command? That seemed a little eh to me, I really loved the story to this game I just couldn't get around 2 other soldiers watching their C.O. go completely bat shit. Which was obvious when "Konrad" shows you the flash backs, you can see Adams and Lugo like 'wtf?' when Walker is making decisions and talking to nobody.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
ArjanN

arjan666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach7171 View Post
I really loved this game's story, the cover mechanics not so much! I just wish it hadn't gone totally fight club at the end, because that was all I could think about.
I wish they hadn't gone with the imaginary Konrad, only because am I really suppose to buy Lugo and Adams heard Walker talking to nobody several times. Still they didn't challenge his command? That seemed a little eh to me, I really loved the story to this game I just couldn't get around 2 other soldiers watching their C.O. go completely bat shit. Which was obvious when "Konrad" shows you the flash backs, you can see Adams and Lugo like 'wtf?' when Walker is making decisions and talking to nobody.
The twist/story is more based on Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness than Fight Club.
ArjanN is offline   Reply With Quote