PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Wreckateer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Can you play without Kinect?

Does this game support a standard 360 controller or is it only playable with Kinect?
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Russman

russman128's Gamercard
Unfortunately it will be 100% Kinect only. There was an interview on GamingNexus.com :

"Was Wreckateer always going to be a Kinect game? Will there be any controller support or is this a Kinect only experience?
Yes, always 100% Kinect from day one. One of our design tenets was “Everything in the game has to be more fun to do with the Kinect than it would be with a controller.” If that wasn’t true for any given feature/mechanic we pulled it from the game."

I would have purchased it if it supported a controller. Oh well more time to catch up on other games.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
It would of been easy for them to give controller support....aw well.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
ZERATUL PL

ZERATUL PL's Gamercard
But microsoft wont do this bc they believe in kinect and dont understand it is a failure
Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Reel Big Mike

Reel Big Mike's Gamercard
I'm no huge Kinect supporter, but after playing this game it's easy to see that, while it's quite a good time with Kinect, it would unarguably be boring as s*** to play with a controller.
Reel Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Got to say this is one of the more easy going Kinect titles, and I love it as a result, just a few steps and arm movements, this should DEFINITELY come bundled with Kinect sensors to show what it can do for everyone regardless of fitness level.

Too many of them are far too vigorous to play for long stints, this is perfect!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Mr XBob

Mr XBob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERATUL PL View Post
But microsoft wont do this bc they believe in kinect and dont understand it is a failure
Your definition of "failure" must be vastly different to ours.

Kinect has the Guinness World Record for being the "fastest selling consumer electronics device ever"

As of January 2012, 18 million Kinect devices have been sold. 8 million of those were sold within the first 60 days of launching.

Now, I can understand if you don't enjoy motion controlled gaming and you don't see what the fuss is about. And that is fine, you can have that opinion.

But to use that opinion to completely dismiss something as a failure, purely because you dislike it, is very silly indeed.

Personally, I love my Kinect. I'm by no means a "casual" gamer, nor a "family" gamer. I am 28 years old, I own the majority of systems, 82,000 gamerscore, been a member of Xbox Live since the beta back in 2002 on the original Xbox, I play mostly horror games and RPGs....

But you know what? Kinect is fun and very innovative.

So please, get the stick out of your butt
Mr XBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard
You can play the Trials Evolution Wreckateer Track with a joypad.

Self Proclaimed Most Hated Member in the X360A Community.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
Sevendust94

sevendust94's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERATUL PL View Post
The Xbox has been the #1 console in the U.S going on 2 years now......since the release of Kinect......while the Nintendo and Sony in the U.S are dying, posting massive losses, even in their gaming divisions.(Sony)

I am what you would call a "hardcore" gamer and yet I have a blast with my family and the Kinect. Some games have very sketchy controls, and MS has to be a better guardian of what is allowed to be released as finished products for the Kinect, but overall, the Kinect is a huge success financially and it has my whole family playing games of all types........not just me playing battlefield and Ghost Recon all day.

Last edited by Sevendust94; 08-04-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Sevendust94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
Infamous Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr XBob View Post
Your definition of "failure" must be vastly different to ours.

Kinect has the Guinness World Record for being the "fastest selling consumer electronics device ever"

As of January 2012, 18 million Kinect devices have been sold. 8 million of those were sold within the first 60 days of launching.

Now, I can understand if you don't enjoy motion controlled gaming and you don't see what the fuss is about. And that is fine, you can have that opinion.

But to use that opinion to completely dismiss something as a failure, purely because you dislike it, is very silly indeed.

Personally, I love my Kinect. I'm by no means a "casual" gamer, nor a "family" gamer. I am 28 years old, I own the majority of systems, 82,000 gamerscore, been a member of Xbox Live since the beta back in 2002 on the original Xbox, I play mostly horror games and RPGs....

But you know what? Kinect is fun and very innovative.

So please, get the stick out of your butt
This man knows his stuff!
Infamous Chris is offline   Reply With Quote