PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #31
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStrike011 View Post
Exactly this. It can be OK for domination on the odd occasion but I'd rather play any other map.
Pretty much, it's ok for my riot shield playstylebut i generally dislike downturn
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #32
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugTheBear View Post
Only reason I like them is to blind people camping in corners or a group of people sitting in one room with their guns pointed at each door. Flash bangs are needed sometimes.
That makes sense. Some people spam them everywhere. I'll be hit by 5+ of them and a frag, blinded for 10+ seconds with no health at all while they just rush me.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #33
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
That makes sense. Some people spam them everywhere. I'll be hit by 5+ of them and a frag, blinded for 10+ seconds with no health at all while they just rush me.
Yeah, I hate that. Especially in small maps, like Rust. I was in love with Tactical Mask Pro on Blops. Best perk ever. I hope they have that perk again in Blops2.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #34
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Quote:
Yeah, I hate that. Especially in small maps, like Rust. I was in love with Tactical Mask Pro on Blops. Best perk ever. I hope they have that perk again in Blops2.
Same with Flak Jacket. Blast Shield doesn't do shit. It reduces explosives by like 2% and flashes by half a second duration. What type of perk is that?

Last edited by StayonTarget; 08-07-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #35
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Quote:
Same with Flak Jacket. Blast Shield doesn't do shit. It reduces explores by like 2% and flashes by half a second duration. What type of perk is that?
Yep, Tac Mask Pro & Flak Jacket Pro were amazing for Domination. Absolutely loved Black Ops. I felt like it was the most balanced game in the series.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #36
raptor_256

raptor256's Gamercard
i hate that blast shield pro only does half flash/stun. why not immunity like tac mask, which was better because it was a tier 3 perk.

mostly i hate snow maps because its hard for me to pick people out. everythink is white, the ground, the buildings, the players have light coloured clothing. same goes for dark, dirty maps where everything is black and dark grey
raptor_256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #37
JASEL84

COD MASTAH's Gamercard

Spawns are atrocious, colors are terrible and You can forget about killstreaks coz everyone are in the fucking buildings

Prestige 10: Modern Warfare
Prestige 10: World at War
Prestige 10: Modern Warfare 2
Prestige 14: Black Ops
Prestige 14: Modern Warfare 3

Real gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCDxvRFGp0&feature=plcp
JASEL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
essentre

Quote:
Yep, Tac Mask Pro & Flak Jacket Pro were amazing for Domination. Absolutely loved Black Ops. I felt like it was the most balanced game in the series.
I agree with this. In BLOPS you could actually play Domination and stand a chance. In the MW series, it seems so much harder to capture flags and such. It's like as soon as you're on a flag you're dead whereas in BLOPS I could consistently capture objectives. Alot more fun in BLOPS playing Dom.
essentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #39
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASEL84 View Post
Spawns are atrocious, colors are terrible and You can forget about killstreaks coz everyone are in the fucking buildings
Or they get shot down before they enter the map. Let me ask you, why does a recon drone have 2 flares and takes 3 shots to take down, but a helicopter takes one. Assault takes more skill to get than Support. That's just how it is. I think my Strafe Runs should take at LEAST 4 stingers to shoot down. They take two. What the hell is up with that? You can take out 5 helicopters with two rockets.

My last prestige I went for the 40 Strafe Runs title, and one of the games on Dome I called in 3 strafe runs, 4 attack helicopters, and 6 predators missiles. I got about 6 kills from all of that air support because some jackass shot it all down. -_-*

Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #40
cjhurt73

m1st3rxblack's Gamercard
Why do some people say head glitching? Since when is shooting someone in the head considered a glitch? Jus cause there are standing behind a car camping is not a glitch!
cjhurt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #41
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhurt73 View Post
Why do some people say head glitching? Since when is shooting someone in the head considered a glitch? Jus cause there are standing behind a car camping is not a glitch!
You have it wrong. The term is used for when all you can see, shoot, and hit is the head of someone. Usually sitting (camping) behind a box. With host advantage and connection issues landing the 2 head shots or 3 body shots proves difficult. If it always was a headshot it wouldn't be a problem but you usually hit the shoulder or some body part that isn't visible.

It isn't a glitch, but it's a lame tactic that ruins aspects of the game. It's VERY hard to hit them.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #42
essentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhurt73 View Post
That's not the case though. It's when someone is standing or crouching behind an object where their gun really isn't peaking over, but the game "lets it" and they can shoot you and only have a tiny part of their head visible, making it very difficult to hit them.
essentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #43
AFreakinCabbag3

AFreakinCabbag3's Gamercard

The map just doesn't flow well in my experience. Many a game spent lapping for nothing.

World's First Team to 100% Dungeon Fighter Online
Spelling and grammar? Over-rated!
AFreakinCabbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #44
raptor_256

raptor256's Gamercard
interchange has a bit of a similar problem with rubble on the ground too.
raptor_256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #45
cjhurt73

m1st3rxblack's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
You have it wrong. The term is used for when all you can see, shoot, and hit is the head of someone. Usually sitting (camping) behind a box. With host advantage and connection issues landing the 2 head shots or 3 body shots proves difficult. If it always was a headshot it wouldn't be a problem but you usually hit the shoulder or some body part that isn't visible.

It isn't a glitch, but it's a lame tactic that ruins aspects of the game. It's VERY hard to hit them.
Ok I see what was meant.
cjhurt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #46
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I haven't played this in forever, which one is that? The one with the long hallway connecting two buildings?
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #47
BKBLAZER

BKBLAZER's Gamercard
i enjoy Downturn for Domination. Its hard to see the enemy securing B, which works both ways.
BKBLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #48
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x View Post
I haven't played this in forever, which one is that? The one with the long hallway connecting two buildings?
The Wall Street Stock Exchange map. So yes. With all the rubble that makes it hard to walk.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #49
Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Quote:
The Wall Street Stock Exchange map. So yes. With all the rubble that makes it hard to walk.
Ahh yes, that one. I thought that was a beautiful disaster. Interesting idea, but the way it ended up was atrocious. Not the worst map, Dome and some other one I can't rememeber were worse than this one.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #50
Sayonara1733

Liamneeson1733's Gamercard
I almost always have a rough time on this map. With the choke points and awkward spawning I seem to get flanked a lot.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #51
Black Barney

Black Barney's Gamercard
Downturn is one of my favourite maps. I think it's my 9th favourite (6th if we don't include FaceOff maps, 3rd if we don't include DLC at all). Black Box is by far my least favourite.

As someone else mentioned, it's a great Domination map. All the triangular Domination maps (Arkaden, etc) make for great matches.
Black Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #52
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
That map sucks. I just hate the way its laid out. I never vote for it, UNLESS the other option is "OUTPOST."
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #53
Neftin

Shioxus's Gamercard
I like to play it for fun on infected. It is a pretty hard map on HFFA because people are hard to spot, and you don't have time to register them before they shoot the hell outta you. Best map for me is something like this Infected: Mission, HFFA: Village, and TDM: Outpost (yes, seriously)
Neftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #54
BaD aLcHoHoLiK

BaD aLcHoHoLiK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I agree. Everytime you try and be quick a little rock or a step gets in your way... jus so many glitches and probs lol
and Fishing's not that hard.
BaD aLcHoHoLiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #55
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Downturn is one of my favorites and one of my most hated...depending on what setup I'm running.

Flashbangs don't really bother me...I use them hard. But the majority of the time they're used towards me, it is by idiot teammates who don't seem to understand the map. Turn around, moron. The enemy is coming from the other way.

Last edited by MxPx; 08-04-2012 at 10:04 PM.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #56
Cthulhu73

Compared to TERMINAL , DOWNTURN is the best map ever. I DESPISE Terminal with a passion.
Fans Favorite my arse. I thought AFGHAN and FAVELLA were the MW2 faves.
Cthulhu73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #57
Spade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu73 View Post
Compared to TERMINAL , DOWNTURN is the best map ever. I DESPISE Terminal with a passion.
Fans Favorite my arse. I thought AFGHAN and FAVELLA were the MW2 faves.
Terminal's probably in my top 5 of MW2. Can't beat Highrise.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #58
Ros

As SilentStrike said, the only thing I really want to play this map on is Domo. I'm my opinion, it isn't a completely horrible map but it also isn't one of my favorites either.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #59
Mushy21

Mushy21's Gamercard
I think this is the first Call of Duty where I really like all of the maps.
Mushy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #60
adz5000

Send a message via MSN to adz5000

adz5000's Gamercard
I really dislike this map along with Carbon, Bootleg, Dome, Arkaden, Bakaara, Outpost and Underground.

Wow, never meant that list to get that large, most of these maps I really dislike.

I may get an ELITE subscription and see what tall the DLC maps are like.

Impatiently waiting for TITANFALL to ermmm.... fall?
adz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote