PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect > Kinect PlayFit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #31
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Elf View Post
I haven't found a way yet. So far it seems like Dance Central 2 and Junk Fu are the quickest. Dance Central being a lot easier than Junk Fu though.
yea well i got over 600 calories in KS Season 2, which is the minimum i wanted for it, i guess ill just stick to junk fu grinding!

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #32
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Since I can't get Once Upon a Monster to register for this, I think I am going to purchase Let's Cheer. What have I become?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
Since I can't get Once Upon a Monster to register fo!r this, I think I am going to purchase Let's Cheer. What have I become?
A cheerleader! I dont have any of these games so ill hold off on buying this.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #34
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Quote:
Since I can't get Once Upon a Monster to register for this, I think I am going to purchase Let's Cheer. What have I become?
is everyone having a problem with it? because i just got it from gamefly and i was hoping it could be my 4th game

You're next DefEdge
Old 07-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #35
summeranne

UncreativeNym's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What is the procedure for reporting achievements missing from the list? This one isn't on there: "Tourist" 10g Burn 250 calories in each of three Kinect games.
summeranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #36
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
edit: friends list is full

feel free to msg me if you have a lot of calories and seriously going for the 10K solo and 100k group achievements, I'll make room

Last edited by VitaminAmy; 07-17-2012 at 07:55 PM.
VitaminAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #37
Thee Elf

eg x thee elf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by summeranne View Post
What is the procedure for reporting achievements missing from the list? This one isn't on there: "Tourist" 10g Burn 250 calories in each of three Kinect games.
I noticed that as well. The picture for Traveller is actually for Tourist (3 games at 250 calories). I could have sworn that it was correct when it was submitted but I posted another thread that will hopefully get this corrected.

Last edited by Thee Elf; 07-14-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Thee Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
CraziedZombies

RT Silent Josh's Gamercard
Quote:
From the Home tab on your Dashboard, the top-right section should be Kinect Central. Click this then on either Spotlight or the Fitness & Dance sections you should see the Kinect PlayFit. Simply click it and it should download for you.

alright cool, thanks

(1)30,000GS reached on 11/4/12
(2)50,000 reached on 7/17/13

CraziedZombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #39
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Damn... I just ordered that because it was so cheap too... I hope it gets fixed soon!

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #40
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghinator View Post
is everyone having a problem with it? because i just got it from gamefly and i was hoping it could be my 4th game
Everyone on my friends list who has played the game cannot get it to register.

So, feel free to give it a shot, but it probably won't work for you, either.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #41
Thee Elf

Quote:
Everyone on my friends list who has played the game cannot get it to register.

So, feel free to give it a shot, but it probably won't work for you, either.
On another note though, look at post #45 HERE because this guy claims that the Just Dance series calories are counting even though they aren't listed as a supported game. I can't confirm this but if you have one of those you can try those out.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #42
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
Quote:
On another note though, look at post #45 HERE because this guy claims that the Just Dance series calories are counting even though they aren't listed as a supported game. I can't confirm this but if you have one of those you can try those out.
I'll try that right now for the sake of information.
But also as a added note I did get about 200 calories counted for a game not on my supported list when I first started up my app and the only games I had played as of late were 5 micro lab challenge and Mini Ninjas Adventures (beside YS:FE2012 that gave me a little but not the total retroactive amount) so wouldn't surprise me if you can get calories burnt from more.

*edit. Just Dance 3 did give me calories burnt for PlayFit

Last edited by Kinkimono; 07-15-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Kinkimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #43
Thee Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkimono View Post
I'll try that right now for the sake of information.
But also as a added note I did get about 200 calories counted for a game not on my supported list when I first started up my app and the only games I had played as of late were 5 micro lab challenge and Mini Ninjas Adventures (beside YS:FE2012 that gave me a little but not the total retroactive amount) so wouldn't surprise me if you can get calories burnt from more.

*edit. Just Dance 3 did give me calories burnt for PlayFit
Now this makes me wonder what other Kinect games work that aren't on the list. I'll try out Kinect Adventures as this was the only other one I had.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #44
Actiionz

Admired's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I just downloaded this app from an ad at the dashboard. I'm gonna try a couple of tricks to see which ones work and which does not. First off, I will try to alter my weight to see if the bigger I make myself, the more calories I will burn. (Worked when I had to burn calories on DC1 for the achievement.) I will make myself 2 foot 6 inches, 550lbs and born in the year 2000. (Children burn more calories, lol.) Another thing i'm gonna try is to play with a second account and have my friend play with me while I play DC2 and Kinect sports 2, to see if calories count for both of us at the same time. Those are just a couple of things i'll try. I will come back in a few days to see if these iterations work. Also, I will see if some other games that aren't listed will work as well.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #45
Thee Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actiionz View Post
I just downloaded this app from an ad at the dashboard. I'm gonna try a couple of tricks to see which ones work and which does not. First off, I will try to alter my weight to see if the bigger I make myself, the more calories I will burn. (Worked when I had to burn calories on DC1 for the achievement.) I will make myself 2 foot 6 inches, 550lbs and born in the year 2000. (Children burn more calories, lol.) Another thing i'm gonna try is to play with a second account and have my friend play with me while I play DC2 and Kinect sports 2, to see if calories count for both of us at the same time. Those are just a couple of things i'll try. I will come back in a few days to see if these iterations work. Also, I will see if some other games that aren't listed will work as well.
I'm definitely curious to see your results just because there has been a discrepancy between the calories burned in game and what shows on the PlayFit. I've noticed that only 2/3rds of my calories from Junk Fu showed up on PlayFit (i.e. 600 calories burned in a session of Junk Fu but PlayFit said only 400 calories). Please keep us posted.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

I hope some other games work because i got once upon a monster and played through the first chapter and no calories have counted I only need to get 1 more game with 600 calories but it looks like i got to get another kinect game, so what do you guys suggest as my fourth. I have already played junk fu, kinect sports season 2, and double action happy fine theater.

You're next DefEdge
Old 07-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #47
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I've only got Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals, Dance Central 1, Haunt...and pretty much all the fun labs. .__. any know if they could get KA/Kinectimals or any of the other Fun Labs besides Junk Fu to count? Or is it only games that have a tracked calories burned feature?
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #48
Thee Elf

Quote:
I hope some other games work because i got once upon a monster and played through the first chapter and no calories have counted I only need to get 1 more game with 600 calories but it looks like i got to get another kinect game, so what do you guys suggest as my fourth. I have already played junk fu, kinect sports season 2, and double action happy fine theater.
Dance Central 2 is a great choice if you have gamefly. The calorie count isn't so much registered by movement but by song and difficulty.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #49
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I picked up Junk Fu today. Pretty fun little game, like Rock Band with your body haha. Will prob pick up some of the other games soon, my kids love playing Kinect so I don't even have to feel guilty. LOL!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #50
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Hey guys i hopped on kinect playfit today and Once upon a monster registered finally... Im halfway through the game and have only 54 calories registered but its okay now that it is working, maybe it is only certain minigames that count calories?

You're next DefEdge
Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #51
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

That's good to hear about Once Upon a Monster. I'll have to check if any of my playing last week counted.

Of course, I already got and completed Let's Cheer!, but whatever.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #52
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Quote:
That's good to hear about Once Upon a Monster. I'll have to check if any of my playing last week counted.

Of course, I already got and completed Let's Cheer!, but whatever.
after playing through the entire game i checked back in Kinect playfit and it didnt count. So chapters 4 through 6 didnt count any, and neither did 1. So when i got the calories to register it was on one of the mini games in chapter 2 or 3.

You're next DefEdge
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #53
tmnterminator

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
So i've been playing Leela (yea, I know...) anyways, only about half of the game will count towards calories. The meditation half will register zero calories, which makes sense as you are only breathing really. But the other "activities" do register some calories, though very, very little. Something to keep in mind for those thinking about this game.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #54
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Anyone having problems using this app? Every time I load it up it signs me out claims I can't get a connection, I dashboard it and it signs back in. I tried 3 times and the same thing :(
Old 07-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #55
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
after playing through the entire game i checked back in Kinect playfit and it didnt count. So chapters 4 through 6 didnt count any, and neither did 1. So when i got the calories to register it was on one of the mini games in chapter 2 or 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator View Post
So i've been playing Leela (yea, I know...) anyways, only about half of the game will count towards calories. The meditation half will register zero calories, which makes sense as you are only breathing really. But the other "activities" do register some calories, though very, very little. Something to keep in mind for those thinking about this game.
Ugh, I just ordered both of these games but I guess I need to find out which minigames or activities in these games count towards the PlayFit calorie counter...

What do you guys think the best four games for getting easy calories are? So far from this thread it looks like Dance Central 2, Happy Action Theater, and maybe Junk Fu are the best so far?

Old 07-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #56
Adork4ble

Adorkablee's Gamercard
I'll go through and add whoever had posted in this thread for the friend achievements, I'm attempting to get it as well.

Whoever else needs it my tag is Adorkablee.

Also, I just played through some of Star Wars and no calories were added. I did the Galactic Dance Off figuring that's what would have counted. Am I doing something wrong or is it probably just Playfit being dumb?
Adork4ble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #57
antikewl

tm75's Gamercard
Unhappy Streak bug?

Anyone else had a problem getting the 4-day streak achievement?

Played 2 days, got the 2-day achievement, third day it registered as a 3-day streak, fourth day it was back to 1 again. No achievement.
antikewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #58
Thommo

HeisenbergThom's Gamercard
I'm not going to be on there for a few days, but in the future I should be able to help out, give me an add if you wish
Thommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #59
yamayamayaamaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikewl View Post
Anyone else had a problem getting the 4-day streak achievement?

Played 2 days, got the 2-day achievement, third day it registered as a 3-day streak, fourth day it was back to 1 again. No achievement.
I got it with no problems.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #60
Vistaful Halo

Cute Bi Guy's Gamercard
Microsoft really needs to add more games to the supported games list, and a launch game via app feature.
Vistaful Halo is offline   Reply With Quote