PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect > Kinect PlayFit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #91
Dalek Nation

Dalek Nation's Gamercard
Yeah, the app is going backwards atm: Once Upon a Monster has been pulled from the list of supported games and still no word on when or even if games are going to be added.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #92
Thee Elf

eg x thee elf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
Yeah, the app is going backwards atm: Once Upon a Monster has been pulled from the list of supported games and still no word on when or even if games are going to be added.
The Just Dance series is counting for calories and those aren't even on the list. Not exactly sure what is going on. I was honestly hoping Wreckateer got supported but no such luck.
Thee Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #93
Dalek Nation

Dalek Nation's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Elf View Post
The Just Dance series is counting for calories and those aren't even on the list. Not exactly sure what is going on. I was honestly hoping Wreckateer got supported but no such luck.
Unfortunately, the Just Dance series are the only game anyones mentioned for giving calories (of games not on "supported games" list.) Bonus, both Just Dance and its Greatest Hits have given points (as you allude to), but those are it [as far as I know].
Before anyone gets too excited on other possiblities, Fruit Ninja, Haunt, Gunstringer, Child of Eden, and Dragon's Lair definetly do NOT give credit toward this.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #94
CreepyUncleMike

CreepyUncleMike's Gamercard
Why does this have a link to a message board here while the message board does not seem to exist?

Ah well, dumb question, but has anyone tried any of the demos for supported games to see if they will count?

I'm really hoping they add more supported games. DC2 is currently the only one I have. Would be nice to see Kinect Adventures or the original Dance Central.
CreepyUncleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #95
Thee Elf

eg x thee elf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyUncleMike View Post
Why does this have a link to a message board here while the message board does not seem to exist?

Ah well, dumb question, but has anyone tried any of the demos for supported games to see if they will count?

I'm really hoping they add more supported games. DC2 is currently the only one I have. Would be nice to see Kinect Adventures or the original Dance Central.
The game isn't really a retail nor an arcade game but rather an app and they don't have anything for apps so it's just linked to the general Kinect discussion.

I thought i remember someone asking about demos and testing it but I don't recall seeing the results.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #96
tmnterminator

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
Unfortunately, the Just Dance series are the only game anyones mentioned for giving calories (of games not on "supported games" list.) Bonus, both Just Dance and its Greatest Hits have given points (as you allude to), but those are it [as far as I know].
Before anyone gets too excited on other possiblities, Fruit Ninja, Haunt, Gunstringer, Child of Eden, and Dragon's Lair definetly do NOT give credit toward this.
Yep, Just Dance worked for me. Also, as far as not giving credit, add PowerUp Heroes doesn't give anything either.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #97
MathGuy42

MathGuy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Summary
Used Happy Action Theater, Wizard Platforms with a chair pretending to be me. These situations may have helped:
1. Darkness or low light
2. Slowly ducking behind a chair in the middle of the play space (a force field appears, maybe even better if it flickers)
3. Chair and ironing board on the far edge of the sensor's range (fireballs shoot out)

But see Edit 6 for a warning. For awhile I was getting 0 calories in HAT.

===========

I just got a ton of calories in Happy Action Theater. Hopefully it's reproducible. Here's what I did:
1. Hit Start during the Balloons to get out of Director Mode.
2. Selected Wizard Platforms
3. Brought a chair into the play space and stood behind it. I then slowly lowered myself behind the chair until totally hidden, then crawled away. The chair remained on the wizard platform.
4. Waited an hour while the chair "played."
5. Hit Start to go back to the selection stage.
6. Used QuickPlay to go to Playfit.
7. Earned 2264 calories. No typo.

At this rate, you could get Everest relay by yourself in a few days.

Edit: I should say I got the chair idea from this post.

Edit 2: Tried it again and only got 7 calories. I guess you have to get lucky with some trick of the lighting. Sorry.

Edit 3: I realized Kinect ID hadn't picked me up the 2nd time. Tried a 3rd time and got 482. Not too shabby. Wish I knew what I did the first time to dazzle the Kinect though.

Edit 4: In the Wizard Platform game, movement causes you to shoot fireballs. I noticed that when I stood just at the edge of the Kinect's detection, I'd shoot quickly, even standing still. A chair alone wouldn't do this, so I upgraded the setup to a chair with an ironing board leaning behind it. I still only got in the 400's in about an hour, but at least I think I can do this consistently.

Anyone else tried it?

Edit 5: I also got some very good results with a chair in the middle of the room. As I ducked behind the chair, a force field sometimes formed. Perhaps this burns a lot; it could explain my first results. I left the chair for about 4 hours in the dark; perhaps the lack of light also burned calories quickly. I got about 1K per hour.

I'll let others experiment now. I don't want to storm the leaderboards. I just want to help others with the achievements.

Edit 6: I am now getting 0 calories in HAT. I've tried 4 times, including playing normally. Junk Fu and Kinect Sports 2 are still working normally. Perhaps each game has a limit on how many calories you can earn in a day or overall.
Edit 6.1: I'm earning calories in HAT again. Maybe it was a Kinect ID problem.

Last edited by MathGuy42; 08-09-2012 at 03:04 PM.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #98

M317's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Community Gaming - Platinum   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bomberman Tournament Runner-Up
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Any chance you have a photo of your setup? I can't get it keep shooting fireballs.

Free Downloads on Canadian Xbox Live Marketplace List - Updated September 25th, 2010

299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #99
MathGuy42

MathGuy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sorry, I don't have a photo. Can you get the fireballs to shoot while you stand still? I would try getting it to work with your body first, then put the ironing board in the same place.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #100

M317's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Community Gaming - Platinum   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bomberman Tournament Runner-Up
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGuy42 View Post
Sorry, I don't have a photo. Can you get the fireballs to shoot while you stand still? I would try getting it to work with your body first, then put the ironing board in the same place.
Nope it wont fire unless I keep moving.

Free Downloads on Canadian Xbox Live Marketplace List - Updated September 25th, 2010

299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #101
firethornn

stonecouger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Elf View Post
checked today and noticed that Just Dance 3 and Just Dance Greatest Hits were added to the list. Seasame Street and Big League Sports were taken off the list. all calories made before today were still added to my total.
firethornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #102
jlcrazygamers

hesitantduck32's Gamercard
I already have the 100,000 achievement and I am still working on getting the last 2 marathon achievements. So if there is anyone who needs help just send me a FR. I have around 5300 calories to go.

GT = HesitantDuck32

Thx to everyone who helped me out!!!
jlcrazygamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #103
Howard01

howard01's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by firethornn View Post
checked today and noticed that Just Dance 3 and Just Dance Greatest Hits were added to the list. Seasame Street and Big League Sports were taken off the list. all calories made before today were still added to my total.
I hadn't checked it in a few days but I saw Just Dance Greatest Hits added to the list and came here to post it. JD3 isn't showing up on my list, it's only showing 11 games.
Howard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #104
tmnterminator

Yep, Just Dance 3 showing for me today too! Was nice cause I knew it counted calories only for it previous but today a few cheevos popped out so I knew something changed. Showing 11 games now (with JD hits)
Old 08-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #105
tmnterminator

Well this sucked. After a session with JD3 yesterday, I went to check Playfit and not only did none of my calories count, but it took OFF about a hundred calories from my overall calorie count as well as from the JD tally itself.

Sort of feels like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back...
Old 08-19-2012, 03:02 AM   #106
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
Both last weekend I've done hour+ workouts on Your Shape 2012, burning a few hundred calories each time....not a single one of those calories has counted on this app Before last weekend, every workout I did counted...anyone else having this problem??
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #107
poakes

Poakes's Gamercard
Please add me GT: poakes

Please add me GT: poakes
poakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #108
SCOSE

Does adjusting the weight to maximum on this make a difference as it does on Your Shape?

I have around 2,000 and average adding around 100-150 a day at my current rate if people would like to add me.

GT: OpalOpacity
SCOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #109
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
Odd question - do you have to turn on "fitness mode" in Dance Central 2 for it to count calories? I'm trying to avoid getting any achievements in the game if possible, and there are several tied to fitness mode...
jorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #110
Lumpi

Lumpi's Gamercard
Hi there,

I would like to help each other getting the 100K achievement in kinect play fit.

just add me. gamertag is "Lumpi"
Lumpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #111
pharreal87

pharreal87's Gamercard
Add Pharreal87 ..... i just got kinect today and plying a few games that are on the list of playable games starting tomorrow.
pharreal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #112
nukenrg

nukenrg's Gamercard
Hey guys, I've got just under 5,000 calories, work from home and do Dance Central 2 or Your Shape daily over my lunch. Would be happy to help anyone get the easier achievements, and am DEFINITELY willing to take all the help I can get on the loftier ones!

Feel free to add me: nukenrg. I've already sent requests to a lot of the folks who've posted to this thread.

Thx!
nukenrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #113
jim226

theC0C's Gamercard
Need help with this one. Add me
GT- xXD BRUNSONXx
jim226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #114
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
If any of you guys are on True Achievements there's a boosting session on Friday for the friend achievements.

http://www.trueachievements.com/gami...ssionid=242455

WoodsMonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #115
ivanovvv86

Now that looks like something I would use. Heck not even for the gamerscore or added extras, it would just be nice (for me) to see how many total callories I've burned rather than having to tally up in those games that do tell you.
ivanovvv86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #116
nukenrg

nukenrg's Gamercard
Wow, thanks to everyone who added me and accepted my friend request. Got that 100,000 calorie achievement today. I'm keeping everyone on my friend roster to continue to help. Also will continue to accept new friends to help out! My kid's playing Happy Action Theater now, so those calories will keep on coming from me tonight!
nukenrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #117
Jaxson 66

Twobby's Gamercard
Please add GT - Jaxson 66
Jaxson 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #118
FearlessEugene

FearlessEugene's Gamercard
add gt- FearlessEugene

FearlessEugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #119
hoferchr

PriusGuy2004's Gamercard
Smile Re: Kinect PlayFit

I'm currently at around 2,500 calories burned in Kinect PlayFit. My 'Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012" game is REALLY having a tough time carrying over calories burned "in game" over to the app. I don't know why, but it's quite frustrating. I see the most recent game they added to PlayFit is "Nike+ Kinect Training". This is cool because I pre-ordered this game recently, and it comes in the mail tomorrow. Looking forward to burning more calories and getting some new workouts!
hoferchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #120
raulichi

raulichi's Gamercard
Hi, im working on these achievements, around 6200 kcal, feel free to add me, my GT: Raulichi
raulichi is offline   Reply With Quote